Author Topic: Chapter 25: Discussion  (Read 71970 times)

Andrea

• Rose Petal Acolyte
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter 25: Discussion
« Reply #90 on: May 10, 2010, 07:08:22 pm »
I really hope Glyph isn't really dead. I liked this guy a lot. :(

dg86

• Slave Groupie
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 10, 2010, 11:10:17 pm »
Feh...

How many flipside characters does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Only one, but it'll take them 3 chapters.

Azure Priest

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 11, 2010, 05:14:30 am »
On the "running away" strategy, there IS a way to win with it. Split into two groups.

Bern+Maytag+Suspira in group 1. Crest+Fata+Moss in group 2. Then Danzig and Escher would have 3 options.

1.) Guard the door waiting for their return, but the sorcerers in both groups could "power up" the parties with maintainable spells for a rematch.

2.) Escher and Danzig would chase down one group together, but then the other group could power up and return.

3.) Escher and Danzig would split up and each chase one group, but then the group Escher meets would have its fighter pummel him into submission, while the one Danzig catches would result in him being blasted with sorcery.

I still maintain that surrendering is a bad idea and an option of last recourse because Danzig would enjoy "playing" with them and then the Thin Man's agent "Melter" would come and "examine" them before the Thin Man shows up and begins his experiments with "fresh subjects."

ludo

« Reply #93 on: May 11, 2010, 09:33:48 am »
Give up and surrender ? That is ? I thought a knight fighting to the death to save innocents people, or just his/her companion. Brave, courage, that sort of things...

At least, she could say : "I'll take care of him, run away. I'll join you later." But it's a little bit cliché, isn't it ? Dying for the greater good... All this fight is a joke about Bern's toughness ! Come on, what's the problem with that man ? He's just got a big stick in his hands ! Every good strategist know when you face a big threat, you must make sacrifices ! Maytag demonstrate it: she's got the arm off ! And what's the matter, fighting one by one ? It wasn't a fair fight !

Glyph will come back like Ikki ! In a sea of flames. And he will kick those bad ass with his Phoenix Genma Ken.
And laught like hell.
And the women will love him.

It always end like that.

RoninAngel

• Eternal Lover
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #94 on: May 11, 2010, 10:04:57 am »
They aren't going to do it.
I got 99 problems but a nymphomaniac jester girl ain't one.

Shay

• Collared Pet
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 11, 2010, 02:30:26 pm »
...Why not just have May, Crest, Moss and Fata hold fort for like... five minutes while Suspiria and Bern go a short distance away? Suspiria can cast Diamond Cutter on Bern's blades, and then they'll slice right through the stupid stick.

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • MSN Messenger - charles_wilkinson@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #96 on: May 11, 2010, 03:07:17 pm »
"Why don't you give me your best shot." Is a crazy thing to write on someone's tomb stone as their last words *lol*

Ok, so they now have a number of things.

1. a bag of sleeping dust.

2. certain knowledge that they cannot overcome Danzig in the current situation.

The bag of sleeping dust could be thrown at Danzig and Escher but I'd imagine they could easily dodge or Danzig would simply lash out and zap everyone before he was overcome by the powder.  Another possibility is if they pretend to use the powder and fake their sleep, but I'm betting Danzig would do something to be certain.  Other than that either Maytag could maybe overcome the effects (but I'm not sure what she could do) or they could try sprinkling some on their bodies and hope the guys breathe it in as they try to carry them (unlikely).

Knowing that they cannot overcome Danzig in the current situation, They'll retreat from the room and see what other possibilities there are.  Obviously if there's a portal to the outside, thats an instant win.  Even if they only had a portal to inside the building they might be able to bluff Danzig into thinking they've left and make him drop his guard.  The sorcerers might come up with some ideas for enchantments or there could be other items in the warp box that might aide them.  They could simply try waiting him out  Most of them have had a good night's sleep while Danzig has been spending most of his time preparing for their awakening or reading their minds so he'd likely suffer fatigue before any of them.  If they leave the room they could probably even cast some spells to assist in that.Maybe That dark endless doorway is "Dark Cell" and they'll take a gamble that Maytag can guide them through or something.

I agree that surrender shouldn't be an option with what they know, but then maybe they don't know everything and Danzig is about to explain it to them (I do keep wondering why he things they're the good guys and that they're simply "recruiting").
CLAN OF THE CATS IS MAKING A COMEBACK! JUNE 8th.  BE THERE!

Trombonefellow

• Rose Petal Acolyte
  • Push Ki
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Trombonefellow
    • View Profile
    • Twilight Key
    • Email
« Reply #97 on: May 12, 2010, 04:18:31 am »
...Why not just have May, Crest, Moss and Fata hold fort for like... five minutes while Suspiria and Bern go a short distance away? Suspiria can cast Diamond Cutter on Bern's blades, and then they'll slice right through the stupid stick.

My guess is that the instant the sword makes contact with the stick, she would be shocked.
I guess if Suspira had some sort of protection from electricity spell up her sleeve that would work.
I have a boner...*plays a song*

RoninAngel

• Eternal Lover
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #98 on: May 12, 2010, 05:35:39 am »
No. The stick only shocks when the 2nd button is pushed. It's not like it's made of copper wireing or something, it's a magic item. If you sliced it in half, it wouldn't shock you.
Also, it wouldn't have to be Bernadette and Suspira, any other character could take the extra sword out of the room for Suspira to enchant. Come to think of it, Suspira could probably carry it all by herself.
I got 99 problems but a nymphomaniac jester girl ain't one.

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #99 on: May 12, 2010, 03:03:40 pm »
I agree that surrender shouldn't be an option with what they know, but then maybe they don't know everything and Danzig is about to explain it to them (I do keep wondering why he things they're the good guys and that they're simply "recruiting").

Looks like we go for this option. Find out whats really happening.  Although I don't quite understand how Danzig could be duped about the Thin Man's experiments if he's read Maytag's memories and knows about Bloody Mary and Melter.

Best I can think is that Bloody Mary either was a willing participant after all and had her memory wiped, or she was an unwilling participant of someone else's experiments and Melter is a planted memory.

Other possibility is that Danzig has a pretty twisted sense of how well things work out for people.

Kiran

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 12, 2010, 03:21:52 pm »
Other possibility is that Danzig has a pretty twisted sense of how well things work out for people.
I would rather go with this.
This whole experiment is really only for willing people, right, and they don't force anyone to stay with them, right.
So what would be the reason to force them into submission so brutally by killing one of them...
Oh well it's just another twisted logic of some mental guy.
Still I wonder if May could bargain in such circumstances with Danzig that she would willingly take up these experiments if he would let other go free from this Warp Box.
Cause really May and Suspiria seems to be the only one who passed some criteria to be taken subject as Thin Man experiments (like we saw Danzig wanted to kill Bern, so she was useless, just Glyph was unlucky to go into scene), maybe such experiment can only happen if the subject accepts her fate, that's why Danzig is playing with them, maybe experiments on unwilling subject will go into bad end Bloody Mary direction.
But yeah many maybes here.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 03:23:26 pm by Kiran »

9_6

« Reply #101 on: May 12, 2010, 05:53:51 pm »
Yeah, it's totally not like she'd be forced.
You know, apart from being locked up and such.

Churba

• Passion Player
  • The Fresh Prince of Leeds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 12, 2010, 06:46:53 pm »
Feh...

How many flipside characters does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Only one, but it'll take them 3 chapters.
Why would they need to, It seems that Glyph is pretty well lit up.

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #103 on: May 13, 2010, 01:41:44 am »
I gotta admit, I'm just a little bit miffed at Glyph going down so quick.  The cover and leadup gave me the impression of an impressive faceoff and then we had about two pages of action :(

At least now we're going to get some answers before the end of the book if Maytags about to dig into Danzig for some tidbits.  Knowing what the Thin Man plans to do to them thus far, they should all accept the same quick death as Glyph before taking that deal.  But if Danzig can actually clear a few things up, either it won't look so bad... or Maytag might be able to help him realize just how bad it is.

...still time for Maxmillian to come to the rescue?

Azure Priest

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 13, 2010, 06:37:54 am »

Or has a pretty twisted idea of "usually." He also seems to have really strange ideas of "consent" and "recruit."

tbeean

• Red Light Worker
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
    • Email
« Reply #105 on: May 14, 2010, 08:33:08 am »
i knew you had some good in you moss  (:

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #106 on: May 14, 2010, 08:55:54 am »
I think the others are gonna bitch slap him something chronic if he's been holding out this entire time.

But then he appeared clueless for a solution when he was talking to Crest earlier... so only two things have changed since then.

1. They have a bag of sleeping dust.

2. Glyph returned after Moss failed to categorise him as a sorcerer.

I'm not sure what Moss might have seen in Glyph's actions that Danzig could have missed. If Danzig has read his mind you'd think he would know whatever role Glyph has and any other strange tricks... Could we still get Super Saiyan Glyph?

CrystalDragonSpaceMarine

• Eternal Lover
  • Show me your enemies.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #107 on: May 14, 2010, 10:54:18 am »
I think the others are gonna bitch slap him something chronic if he's been holding out this entire time.

But then he appeared clueless for a solution when he was talking to Crest earlier... so only two things have changed since then.

1. They have a bag of sleeping dust.

2. Glyph returned after Moss failed to categorise him as a sorcerer.

I'm not sure what Moss might have seen in Glyph's actions that Danzig could have missed. If Danzig has read his mind you'd think he would know whatever role Glyph has and any other strange tricks... Could we still get Super Saiyan Glyph?

I think that might be the case. I really don't think Moss, a manipulator who can see weaknesses, would go intot his "blind" so to speak. He would have known about the antimagic flower, obviously (the fact that he didn't buff up before then surprised me, but it seems he has something else in mind).

I think he just didn't care about Glyph.

Kiran

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 14, 2010, 01:12:20 pm »
Either Glyph lives and he will disable the flower with an attack, or Moss knows that his uncle is bluffing and he can only use that zapping option of his stick once and then it needs to be recharged somewhere, that's why sleeping powder so everyone would be out and nobody would try to attack.

Azure Priest

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 14, 2010, 02:04:55 pm »
Or maybe the Glyph that "died" is an illusion as are the twins and Fata is actually elsewhere while Moss was "playing dumb" UNTIL the plan (whatever it is) comes to fruition.

Either that, or mad delusional states have a strong hereditary component in Danzig and Moss' family tree.

BeethroBudkin

« Reply #110 on: May 14, 2010, 04:08:58 pm »
Go Moss!  ;D

I think that Moss may have needed time to work out his plan and he did not want to let Danzig know he had a plan until he had it all planned out.

Eversist

• Tender Young Virgin
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 17, 2010, 12:42:30 am »
Is it just me, or has Flipside been kinda dragging lately? It feels like much isn't even being revealed in dialogue.

I keep waiting for something to happen... hope it will be soon.  :-*

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #112 on: May 17, 2010, 12:57:49 am »
This is the last chapter of book 5.  I'd imagine that we're going to get some revealing information. Don't forget that much of the last chapter was a fight scene, so those are usually a bit more heavy on action and sparse on plot.

Heck, we might even have an exclusive side story or something straight after for the book.  Brion usually has to make one to fill the pages for the print (and to get better sales I guess *lol*).

EDIT: Scratch that. Much of the last chapter revealed a fair amount!  It was only the last 8 pages or something which were fighting, then we had the first 8-9 pages of this chapter for fighting and now Danzig's talking about the Thin Man and the process (as far as he knows it).

We got the details on the bath scene, rescue of the friends, team up with Moss and Fata, gathering of most hero's items (minus Maytag's bag) together with an explaination of the warp box they're in.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 01:10:31 am by charles »

BeethroBudkin

« Reply #113 on: May 17, 2010, 05:09:18 pm »
Is it just me, or has Flipside been kinda dragging lately? It feels like much isn't even being revealed in dialogue.

I keep waiting for something to happen... hope it will be soon.  :-*

What's to reveal besides Moss's plan?

Artistics

« Reply #114 on: May 18, 2010, 01:18:24 pm »
It's official, I love Glyph (no homo, relax Glyph). Also, well don't these guys always have an ace up their sleeve.

tbeean

• Red Light Worker
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
    • Email
« Reply #115 on: May 18, 2010, 01:31:21 pm »
can't say i wasn't expecting that. :l

i just don't like glyph...  :(

Trombonefellow

• Rose Petal Acolyte
  • Push Ki
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Trombonefellow
    • View Profile
    • Twilight Key
    • Email
« Reply #116 on: May 18, 2010, 01:53:02 pm »
My face lit up when I saw Glyph wasn't dead, he's a cool guy after all.
I have a boner...*plays a song*

Andrea

• Rose Petal Acolyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 18, 2010, 03:36:59 pm »
go Glyph you rock!
And thanks Brion!

9_6

« Reply #118 on: May 18, 2010, 04:33:52 pm »
...they're fingerless.