Author Topic: Chapter 25: Discussion  (Read 71951 times)

Emp_Dragon

• Harem Master
  • Submit to the power of Sam
    • MSN Messenger - erik.arteus@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter 25: Discussion
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2010, 02:29:51 pm »
That spy chit must show more than just naked women, I'm betting it shows the user whatever he/she is looking for, to some extent.

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • MSN Messenger - charles_wilkinson@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2010, 05:39:31 am »
So, how is being able to see Danzig naked supposed to help him win the fight?
Feed the image directly to Escher and he'll get too horny to keep up the anti-spell thing up *lol*

Beyond that, I can only imagine that it might hint at future events and allow Glyph to see the attacks coming, but then Bern is usually very good at seeing attacks coming and it didn't help her against some of those moves.

Maybe he can see through some illusion Danzig's creating or even something to do with Escher's anti-magick.
CLAN OF THE CATS IS MAKING A COMEBACK! JUNE 8th.  BE THERE!

tbeean

• Red Light Worker
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2010, 02:37:45 pm »
i actually lol'd at that.  :P

akashayi

« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2010, 05:56:07 pm »
i actually lol'd at that.  :P

Maybe while Danzig was possessing Glyph, they really got to know each other better. ;P

Yeti

• Tender Young Virgin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2010, 06:10:54 pm »
I got the strong impression that the glass allows him to see through illusions as well as clothes. Fata Morgan casts something up so that Danzig can't see them anymore; Glyph essentially becoming invisible. Heck they could make an illusion of about 200 Glyphs and Danzig won't know which to target. This allows Glyph to get close, and give Danzig/Escher a good stabbing.

Churba

• Passion Player
  • The Fresh Prince of Leeds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2010, 07:25:36 pm »
Well, they do say you put up a better performance if you imagine your audience naked, and so it logically follows, if you can ACTUALLY see them naked....

Kiran

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2010, 12:55:13 am »
Well, they do say you put up a better performance if you imagine your audience naked, and so it logically follows, if you can ACTUALLY see them naked....
But since Bern is the fighter here, such thing would make her more uncomfortable and embarassed, than she would put better performence knowing Glyph watching May, Suspiria and her nude ;)

dory

« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2010, 01:29:39 am »
glyph is totally hot =3

dory

« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2010, 01:32:36 am »
I got the strong impression that the glass allows him to see through illusions as well as clothes. Fata Morgan casts something up so that Danzig can't see them anymore; Glyph essentially becoming invisible. Heck they could make an illusion of about 200 Glyphs and Danzig won't know which to target. This allows Glyph to get close, and give Danzig/Escher a good stabbing.

i like it!!

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2010, 02:50:51 am »
Next page, Suspira smacking his arse down *lol*

Maybe we are reading this wrong.  Maybe Glyph's just resigned to his fate and decided to check out what the 4 (5?) girls have on offer. :P

Or he can fire lazer beams now  ;D

Azure Priest

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2010, 05:13:08 am »
Maybe Glyph's "scouter" allows him to see the inner workings of the "staff"?

Foof

« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2010, 11:25:26 am »
Noo, naked Danzig!  But maybe he fights better if his target is nude.

Artistics

« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2010, 11:26:20 am »
Maybe Glyph's "scouter" allows him to see the inner workings of the "staff"?

I agree. When Danzig pressed the button on his staff, the scouter/Glyph seemed to react. And that awesome fighting pose he made is a sign for good things to come. Anyway, the scouter seems a tad too powerful too just see people naked.

In my opinion though, the real problem is Esche. When you take him out, Danzig is done. So suppose that Glyph, with his new found saiyan powers scouter, is able to dodge Danzig...

RoninAngel

• Eternal Lover
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2010, 12:22:57 pm »
I am really starting to get tired of Danzig's smug smugness. I really hope he dies soon. The faster and more horrible the better.
I got 99 problems but a nymphomaniac jester girl ain't one.

tbeean

• Red Light Worker
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2010, 01:23:31 pm »
I am really starting to get tired of Danzig's smug smugness. I really hope he dies soon. The faster and more horrible the better.
make love, not war ronin  :P

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2010, 04:53:24 pm »
Hmmm, interesting.  That would mean he should have known about the anti-magick sword.  I guess he must have already looked into it and discovered that it was either useless or ineffective without some further knowledge.

If Danzig's confident then the only way I see a win here is if either Glyph has come up with some new application of the scouter's abilities, or a different strategy.  Danzig might know everything they knew at the time he scanned their memories, but he doesn't know what they may have since learned or what strategies they could come up with from what they know.

Beyond that, I think if he has some special ability to dodge or catch the stick then maybe he simply needs to team up with Bern instead of trying to go it alone and they'll be able to break through.  Give Crest Bern's anti-magick sword and tell him to charge for an extra meat-shield and you've got yourself a pretty good chance of overcoming him.

Kiran

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2010, 11:56:17 pm »
But what new strategy Glyph could learn in these few hours from time his memory was scanned and after being possesed he was out for almost whole time?
If indeed this visor sharpens senses so whoever wears it could try to dodge attacks easier or something, then the obvious choice would be to give Bern such a thing to wear.
I wonder since the title of this chapter is path of magic with Bern as main protagonist or at least it looks like that, her using magical visor for sure would be something unexpected and unique to boost her in combat, which Danzig would not be able to predict could happen after reading Bern memory and her hate for magic and especially dislike for Glyph and his visor.

Edit:
Also I saw the colored cover page for this chapter, looks great.
Also Bern looks great too, but that's not a surprise :P
Also Glyph looking kind of pissed and sharp and since he is looking at Danzig... badassery :D
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 12:06:36 am by Kiran »

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2010, 12:52:27 am »
Yeah, Also wanted to shout out to Savage Sparrow that the work on the chapter title is great stuff.

Who knows what strategy or new application for the scouter Glyph could have come up with. Danzig will have access to his memories but he can only guess at how glyph will use what he knows.  Danzig knows what Glyph's scouter normally does and how he's used it in the past.  He has no idea how he might use it in this situation although he might be able to guess relatively well.

When you're stuck up against a wall you come up with some crazy ideas.  Glyph may have even thought two steps ahead and know that Danzig's well aware of the scouter's function from his memories and simply used it as a ploy.

Azure Priest

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2010, 06:24:11 am »
Or what spell(s) Glyph has added to the eyepiece. Glyph may even have done something to reverse its intended use! We'll just have to wait and see.

SparcMan

• Slave Groupie
    • View Profile
    • SparcMan's World
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: May 05, 2010, 09:15:02 am »
And so... Danzig knows what he is doing.

Next strategy anyone?

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: May 05, 2010, 09:17:56 am »
BUGGER!

I kept wondering what that second button did.

If Moss knew it could do that and said nothing, someone seriously needs to kick his arse.

Not sure what the hell they could do now.  He's truly been playing with them this entire time.  Even if Bern had proven more of a challenge for him, he could have forced her to block a hit then send electricity that would pass down the metal swords to shock her... Maybe we'll see something heroic with him holding onto the electrifying stick while Bern closes the gap.

dg86

• Slave Groupie
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 05, 2010, 09:20:29 am »
It seems we have quite a shocking development on our hands.

Kiran

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2010, 09:41:11 am »
Agreed.
I can see now Bern taking a chance to try to hit Danzig while Glyph would hold that stick, but I can't see them winning, since I'm also thinking that Esher can make some attacking move with that rose and all energy he collected.
Or Glyph predicted Danzig move and he put earlier some spell on self while he was away and result we will see in next page.

CrystalDragonSpaceMarine

• Eternal Lover
  • Show me your enemies.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: May 05, 2010, 11:25:37 am »
Shoulda seen that one coming, Glyph.

Foof

« Reply #54 on: May 05, 2010, 02:18:59 pm »
Ack!  There goes that.  Wow, poor Glyph.  Though, maybe his actions could earn him some respect.

RoninAngel

• Eternal Lover
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: May 05, 2010, 03:53:09 pm »
Bern can use Glyph's glasses maybe. Then she could fight Danzig better. But it's funny, CDSM, you said that Glyph should have seen that coming, and he's wearing a divination device! HA!  :P
I got 99 problems but a nymphomaniac jester girl ain't one.

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: May 05, 2010, 05:34:09 pm »
Bern can use Glyph's glasses maybe. Then she could fight Danzig better. But it's funny, CDSM, you said that Glyph should have seen that coming, and he's wearing a divination device! HA!  :P

But what if Bern does wear the device?  Danzig makes a swing for her, she blocks with her metal sword and he sends 40,000 volts through the blade and her... unless... she sheath's the sword.

I don't see much improvement here for Bern.  She's already considerably talented at predicting moves in advance.  She's now aware of all the stick's capabilities and knows that he can easily put her in a position where she can't dodge or parry a strike despire any perception of the move.  Even Glyph wasn't hoping to out maneuver him but simply grab his staff and relieve him of it.

Best chance I can see for them is either 1. Glyph takes the magick sword in it's sheath and both he and Bern attack using the sheaths to block his weapon and electricity attacks.  2. Glyph makes a sacrifice and holds the stick despite any electricity while Bern charges forward.  3. Maytag finds something (anything) she can throw with accuracy and disrupts Escher's anti-magick.

Emp_Dragon

• Harem Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 06, 2010, 11:07:11 am »
Well, sure, magic is fancy and all, but it can be countered just as easily by the kind of people you'd be likely to use magick against in a self-defence situation.

Sollution: ALWAYS bring a repeating crossbow.

Churba

• Passion Player
  • The Fresh Prince of Leeds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 06, 2010, 11:36:26 am »
Well, sure, magic is fancy and all, but it can be countered just as easily by the kind of people you'd be likely to use magick against in a self-defence situation.

Sollution: ALWAYS bring a repeating crossbow.
And some insulated gloves.

Emp_Dragon

• Harem Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 06, 2010, 12:24:58 pm »
Or a bolt action rifle if availiable