Author Topic: Is it just me...  (Read 4694 times)

Dtayle

Is it just me...
« on: April 14, 2010, 12:20:59 pm »
Is it just me? I'm wondering if I'm the only one that this storyline has failed to interest? Don't get me wrong, I love flipside up to this point but have been checking this site for months hoping that this story will end. I'm quite tired of everyone wandering around a warp box scratching their heads going "Duh, what's going on?" C'mon, May and her friends are not stupid and they're not helpless. Everything I liked about this comic is missing in this story but the artwork and I honestly don't know how much more of this disappointment I can take. I've been a loyal fan up to now but I'm about done with this if it goes on much longer. :(

BeethroBudkin

Re: Is it just me...
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 03:06:04 pm »
So you want a cast full of mary sues who can get themselves out of any possible situation and still be home in time to make dinner?

Personally I think this is a good development to show that there actually are threats out there, since Suspiria came around it seemed that there was next to no opposition.

Dtayle

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 06:54:55 am »
If they were so invincible, May wouldn't have lost her arm. Don't get me wrong, I love flipside up to this storyline. It's just that I cannot seem to work up any interest in the current story and hope to see them get out of that warp box soon. I suppose it is just me. Oh well, can't please everybody all the time.

Brion Foulke

• Administrator
  • Experimental
    • AOL Instant Messenger - flipsider99
    • View Profile
    • www.flipsidecomics.com
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2010, 01:55:44 pm »
Well, I hope it's just you.  I like to do different things with different story-arcs.  For this one I was goin for mystery/surrealism/suspense and all that.  Either I didn't do that well enough, or you just don't like that kind of thing.  Well, you can at least rest assured that the tone of Flipside is going to keep changing, as the next storyarc will be radically different from this one.

Since the middle of last chapter though, we are getting out of the surrealism stuff and into just a straight fight scene.  Do you not like fight scenes either?  What kind of storylines do you like? 

Churba

• Passion Player
  • The Fresh Prince of Leeds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2010, 02:28:57 pm »
Well, I hope it's just you.  I like to do different things with different story-arcs.  For this one I was goin for mystery/surrealism/suspense and all that.  Either I didn't do that well enough, or you just don't like that kind of thing.  Well, you can at least rest assured that the tone of Flipside is going to keep changing, as the next storyarc will be radically different from this one.

Since the middle of last chapter though, we are getting out of the surrealism stuff and into just a straight fight scene.  Do you not like fight scenes either?  What kind of storylines do you like? 
I did kinda like this one - because the protagonists are powerful in their own areas, yet, they are unable to use their strengths to solve the situation as they normally would, and thus, need to work out how to solve them in other ways, or apply their talents in unexpected ways - for example, Bern being unable to beat Danzig in combat, she needs to find another way to beat him than skill with a sword.

BeethroBudkin

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2010, 03:36:18 pm »

I did kinda like this one - because the protagonists are powerful in their own areas, yet, they are unable to use their strengths to solve the situation as they normally would, and thus, need to work out how to solve them in other ways, or apply their talents in unexpected ways - for example, Bern being unable to beat Danzig in combat, she needs to find another way to beat him than skill with a sword.

My thoughts exactly  ;D

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • Me the 13th Duke of Wymbourne are they quite mad!
    • MSN Messenger - oddballsco@hotmail.co.uk
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - oddball24sco
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2010, 01:13:36 am »
Aye I'm wi' Churba be intresting to see how things turn out in this arc.
What good is dreaming it if you don't actually do it?.

Dtayle

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2010, 12:23:28 pm »
I think that it could be the surreal stuff that I don't get. I was glad to see the action coming back. I like to think that I have an open mind when it comes to new things and have a wide range of interests. If it seems like I'm disparaging your work, I apologise. That's not what I was trying to do. There's another webcomic that I follow where the storyline was A Midsummer Nights Dream in a gangster setting that didn't appeal to me at all. I stuck with it anyway and have no complaints about the subsequent stories. I suspect that this might be the case here. I really was only wondering if it was just me and it looks like it is.

Brion Foulke

• Administrator
  • Experimental
    • AOL Instant Messenger - flipsider99
    • View Profile
    • www.flipsidecomics.com
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2010, 12:44:52 pm »
Well, my traffic is down a little bit over the period of this storyarc, so maybe it's not just you.  But, this storyarc is gonna be over very soon, and then it's on to something completely different.  So you'll probably be happy.

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • Me the 13th Duke of Wymbourne are they quite mad!
    • MSN Messenger - oddballsco@hotmail.co.uk
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - oddball24sco
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2010, 01:25:44 pm »
Its intresting to see how the characters can handle difficult situations that they are not "suited" for.
What good is dreaming it if you don't actually do it?.