Author Topic: Mistake Thread  (Read 68944 times)

Daisuki-chan

• Rose Petal Acolyte
    • View Profile
Re: Mistake Thread
« Reply #150 on: September 22, 2015, 12:24:18 am »
I'm not sure if you're mixing responses to me and Brion together, as I have no official involvement in Flipside and thus wouldn't be anyone to truly "figure out" anything. For the most part in this thread I just find spelling errors he makes (I'm terrible at finding art mistakes in comparison). I didn't mention "excruciating" because Enkida mentioned it before I read the page and could have mentioned it myself.

bulmabriefs144

• Kinky
  • Wielder of the Sword of Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 30, 2015, 12:22:02 pm »
Nah, just mentioning it to anyone.

Indomitable Blades I, there's a numbering glitch. 47 is skipped.
"この世界の悪があれば本当に、それは人類の心の内にあります."
(Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind)
—Edward D. Morrison

Daisuki-chan

• Rose Petal Acolyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 30, 2015, 11:50:43 pm »
46 is a double page, representing 46-47, so the next page after it is 48.

bulmabriefs144

• Kinky
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 02, 2015, 03:56:28 am »
Ah ok. The current one has a small graphical issue. It says she's been trying for 7 years. It should probably be a closed circle. Instead it's pointing to her. Normally this would mean she is speaking.
—Edward D. Morrison

Daisuki-chan

• Rose Petal Acolyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 02, 2015, 09:18:11 pm »
Yeah, it is a bit odd that it's pointing to what seems to be Lehm's right hand while Corona is in between in the 2D sense. I guess that's why the pointer is much lower than Corona's mouth or head, though.

The last panel here reads "The million gold, plus the new dimensional bag already more than made up for it.". I would suggest "The million gold plus the new dimensional bag already more than made up for it." or "The million gold, plus the new dimensional bag, already more than made up for it.". Also, there is possibly a double space before this line, after "But that didn't matter now.".
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 01:37:55 pm by Daisuki-chan »

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • MSN Messenger - charles_wilkinson@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #155 on: October 21, 2015, 01:51:07 pm »
Long time no see and it's probably a little rude to come back just to post a mistake but...
Chapter 44 page 39: Maytag's ring is claimed to be lost with her clothes at the bathhouse after she was kidnapped.
Chapter 40 page 2-4: Maytag is clearly shown with her ring and asks ThinMan why it doesn't work.
http://flipside.keenspot.com/comic.php?i=2133
Not sure how to resolve this.
If you retcon Chapter 44 and do have the ring left then logic is the friends would have contacted Bernadette.
If she does have it then there's no logical reason she wouldn't demand to use it and For either Bern to have hers or Maytag to be very concerned if it doesn't work.
One possibility is to say the Thinman is concerned the rings can be traced by a knowledgeable sorcerer with the opposite ring.
CLAN OF THE CATS IS MAKING A COMEBACK! JUNE 8th.  BE THERE!

Brion Foulke

• Administrator
  • Experimental
    • AOL Instant Messenger - flipsider99
    • View Profile
    • www.flipsidecomics.com
    • Email
« Reply #156 on: October 21, 2015, 03:56:28 pm »
Long time no see and it's probably a little rude to come back just to post a mistake but...
Chapter 44 page 39: Maytag's ring is claimed to be lost with her clothes at the bathhouse after she was kidnapped.
Chapter 40 page 2-4: Maytag is clearly shown with her ring and asks ThinMan why it doesn't work.
http://flipside.keenspot.com/comic.php?i=2133
Not sure how to resolve this.
If you retcon Chapter 44 and do have the ring left then logic is the friends would have contacted Bernadette.
If she does have it then there's no logical reason she wouldn't demand to use it and For either Bern to have hers or Maytag to be very concerned if it doesn't work.
One possibility is to say the Thinman is concerned the rings can be traced by a knowledgeable sorcerer with the opposite ring.

Oops.  I totally forgot about that!  This is something that will have to be fixed.

Daisuki-chan

• Rose Petal Acolyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 21, 2015, 05:33:47 pm »
Panel three here reads "bath-house" instead of "bathhouse". Panel five on the same page reads "comprimise" instead of "compromise".
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 02:30:00 am by Daisuki-chan »

Brion Foulke

• Administrator
  • Experimental
    • View Profile
    • www.flipsidecomics.com
    • Email
« Reply #158 on: October 23, 2015, 05:54:31 pm »
Page 39 was fixed.  I decided just to do a day after ret-con: the narration was changed to be in line with the page from chapter 40.  Sorry about that silly mistake, I totally forgot what I did with that ring.

bulmabriefs144

• Kinky
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 24, 2015, 02:36:31 am »
I'm unsure if this can be called a mistake, but ummm... once you've done the explanation of why to prepare her for the third, put that first, then the reward part, then going to the gate.

That would be exposition, transition,  action sequence. Currently, we have moved the characters to the point where they enter, and rather than having them enter in the next screen, we backpedal to talking about the reward, then wind up in a room. It's almost like it's not ready to move ahead yet.

These are good scenes, but probably reorder them?
—Edward D. Morrison

Daisuki-chan

• Rose Petal Acolyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 26, 2015, 07:09:02 pm »
I try to ignore extra commas in most cases because they can simply represent minor pauses in dialogue the characters may make, but panel five here reads "So don't hold back, anymore.". This also could be fine, but it's especially odd to me that Maytag wouldn't say the whole thing as a single thought, instead of briefly pausing to decide to add "anymore" for clarification or emphasis. Like I said, it could be fine, but "So don't hold back anymore." is more natural to me.

Panel five here reads "occured" instead of "occurred". Panel seven on the same page reads "self awareness" instead of "self-awareness".

Panel eight here reads "breath" instead of "breathe". Panel nine the same page mixes using "these" and "this" to refer to the same thing. There are various ways to change this if one wanted to, but I'm not saying Lehm necessarily would think of this in the moment when continuing his thought.

Panel three here reads "you can brings things" instead of "you can bring things". Panel four on the same page reads "written to yourself..!" instead of "written to yourself...!" (I'm just pointing it out in case it was unintentional; do whatever.). Panel eight on the same page has Corona missing the black area by her left eye.

Panel one here reads "There's two problems with taking in a message." instead of "There are two problems with taking in a message.".

Panel six here has lowercase text like the original note does, but the replacement text has "come see me" lacking punctuation such as a period or semicolon before "we need to talk." (do whatever; just mentioning). Perhaps more importantly, the same panel seems to spell Bernadette's name "Bernodette", where the "a" that should be in her name resembles an "o" much better than it resembles the "a" in "talk" on the same note within that panel. I realize this could be a question of the proximity of the "d" after it, though, but at least at this zoom it's unclear that it should be an "a".

Panel five here reads "illsuion" instead of "illusion". Panel six on the same page reads "illusary" instead of "illusory".

Panel two here reads "dilligently" instead of "diligently".

Panel one here reads "She's right Corona." instead of "She's right, Corona.". Panel four on the same page reads "furthe" instead of "further".

Panel eight here reads "it's own!" instead of "its own!".

Panel two here reads "it's own." instead of "its own.".

Panel two here reads "There's something important we forgot to address, isn't there Corona?" instead of "There's something important we forgot to address, isn't there, Corona?".

Panels two and three here read "phase 3", while panels four and five read "phase two", which is inconsistent in that one phase uses a numeral while the other spells out the number.

(I'm going to skip mentioning intermission mistakes unless you say you want them, Brion.)

Panel three here reads "with out search" instead of "with our search".

Panel seven here reads "Lie, why are we doing this?" instead  "Like, why are we doing this?".

Panel three here reads "Mr Glyph" instead of "Mr. Glyph".

Panel one here reads "let's" instead of "lets".
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 07:20:36 pm by Daisuki-chan »

bulmabriefs144

• Kinky
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 21, 2016, 03:22:06 am »
It should read "Maytag and Bern were there too." This was before eschelon I think, so they hadn't yet met Moby.  It was at the inn I believe.
—Edward D. Morrison

Daisuki-chan

• Rose Petal Acolyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 29, 2016, 10:49:34 pm »
Panel five here reads "I've known here for a long time." instead of "I've known her for a long time.".

Panel one here reads "She was quiet" instead of "She was quiet.". Panel five reads "That would be strange considering they come to visit her.". Moby is often "loose" with how she talks so this is probably also just how she talks, but I would say "considering that they".

Panel seven here reads "thier" instead of "their".

Panel one here also reads "thier" instead of "their".

Panel six here reads "dispite" instead of "dispute".

Panel three here reads "Me and Maytag" instead of "Maytag and I". Of course this could be Crest's mistake, but I'm just pointing it out in case it isn't meant to be.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 10:02:26 pm by Daisuki-chan »

Brion Foulke

• Administrator
  • Experimental
    • View Profile
    • www.flipsidecomics.com
    • Email
« Reply #163 on: February 26, 2016, 10:13:42 pm »
I know I have a lot of mistakes to go back and correct, and I'll be doing it soon.  Still pretty busy with the Kickstarter!

Daisuki-chan

• Rose Petal Acolyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 29, 2016, 09:41:38 pm »
Panel eight here reads "when they take you and spend money on you", where "take you" by itself might have a weird implication if it's not meant to include the missing word in the possible variation "take you somewhere".

Panel two here reads "Oh I'm SO SORRY I tried to seduce you!". You may want a comma after "Oh", but I'm not saying it's a mistake. Panel three on the same page reads "You fucking UNGREATFUL ASSHOLE!" instead of "You fucking UNGRATEFUL ASSHOLE!".

Panel two from directly prior (I missed this somehow last time) reads "You should consider LUCKY" instead of "You should consider yourself lucky".

Panel five here reads "THAT'S the reality that matters, here.". I think the comma is much more unnecessary than "usual" since the "here" doesn't seem like a separate enough "thought" for Crest to have not come up with it as part of the rest of the sentence, meaning that he wouldn't normally pause there (and it wasn't its own entity in the sense of him suddenly offering her an object to take). I overlook most commas since they're mostly pauses and such, but I don't understand this one in particular. Of course he still could have paused there, but I'm mentioning it anyway, just in case.

Panel two here reads "most ther girls" instead of "most other girls".
« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 01:23:54 am by Daisuki-chan »

Smiles

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • Easter is gonna be great!Heard he will Rise Again!
    • View Profile
    • AnimeCentral
    • Email
« Reply #165 on: May 02, 2016, 07:38:21 pm »
double check the last panel on ch 45 page 56 it says "the them".  it should just be "them" or "all of them."
Just loving it! :-*
let's sit and chat a while and see if I don't make you smile .;)

Brion Foulke

• Administrator
  • Experimental
    • View Profile
    • www.flipsidecomics.com
    • Email
« Reply #166 on: May 14, 2016, 07:51:16 pm »
Okay, everything up to this point has been fixed!  Thanks for all the corrections!

bulmabriefs144

• Kinky
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 10, 2016, 09:17:11 am »
"Resurrection" is spelled like this.

I'm a priest's kid, trust me I know this.
—Edward D. Morrison

Caffinator

• Tender Young Virgin
  • It's just one of those days
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 21, 2016, 12:58:58 pm »
Today's page isn't working. The file com-flip46-57.gif is missing or in the wrong place.

Brion Foulke

• Administrator
  • Experimental
    • View Profile
    • www.flipsidecomics.com
    • Email
« Reply #169 on: September 22, 2016, 10:35:15 am »
It's working for me, try refreshing.

Daikun

• Tender Young Virgin
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #170 on: October 07, 2016, 02:27:59 am »

monimoni

• Collared Pet
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 07, 2016, 01:49:32 pm »
http://flipside.keenspot.com/comic.php?i=2987
Here, in the last panel, I think it should be "whose" instead of "who's"

mittfh

• Rose Petal Acolyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 11, 2016, 03:17:11 pm »
The new chapter should be Chapter 47, but it's labelled as 46 - both on the page itself and in the chapter list...

Brion Foulke

• Administrator
  • Experimental
    • View Profile
    • www.flipsidecomics.com
    • Email
« Reply #173 on: October 28, 2016, 08:55:58 am »
Everything mentioned here should be fixed now, I think!

bulmabriefs144

• Kinky
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 23, 2016, 01:07:23 pm »
Double page. 16 & 17.
—Edward D. Morrison

phillip1882

• Collared Pet
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #175 on: January 14, 2017, 06:35:26 am »
on chapter 47 page 36, the bottom image text has "now belongs now belongs"
there are two ways to be a patriot. the first is to join the military. the second is to convince the government that use of military force is unnecessary. the second is much more difficult but also more rewarding.

phillip1882

• Collared Pet
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #176 on: January 24, 2017, 06:51:32 pm »
the text for capter 47 page 40 should probably say sight and hearing rather than sight and vision. vision is sight.
there are two ways to be a patriot. the first is to join the military. the second is to convince the government that use of military force is unnecessary. the second is much more difficult but also more rewarding.

MaronaPossessed

• Collared Pet
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 25, 2017, 02:35:03 pm »
How is the still moving?

I think you mean "she" instead of "the" right?

Brion Foulke

• Administrator
  • Experimental
    • View Profile
    • www.flipsidecomics.com
    • Email
« Reply #178 on: January 27, 2017, 08:54:46 pm »
All fixed, thanks!

SirBananaPie

• Rose Petal Acolyte