Author Topic: The Guild  (Read 4122 times)

UmberIsSexy

• Erotic
    • View Profile
The Guild
« on: February 23, 2010, 09:11:06 pm »
I know it's not new and it's already been well-recognized, but I recently watched the "The Guild" online series.  I thought it was pretty good.  I expected it to suck, due to the subject matter.  Just didn't see how it could be interesting.  I often get proven wrong when I think like that though.

The writing is snappy and the actors are funny/good.  Plus there are lots of generally awkward freaky moments, especially in the first season, which I liked.  I mean, at least in the first season, they seem like pretty believable online gaming freaks.  (The other seasons are good too, but I think they become a bit more like caricatures of their characters, if that makes sense)

edit: I take it back...I rewatched the 2nd season last night, and I think it's more that you get used to the characters so you're a bit less suprised by their behavior, so most of the humor comes from the situations they're in.  The main characters are still great though.

I do really like the writing though...</edit>

Barely relatedly, I am currently obsessing over the fact that Felicia Day was homeschooled and wondering what the implications of that are.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 11:27:54 pm by UmberIsSexy »

Selan

• Heavenly Orgasmic
    • View Profile
Re: The Guild
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 11:01:12 am »
I actually watched that series, it's pretty awesome i'd say.

watchtheguild dot com is the linky