Author Topic: Chapter 24: Discussion  (Read 55991 times)

Kanazaka

• Hot Streaker
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter 24: Discussion
« Reply #150 on: March 17, 2010, 07:52:22 pm »
Ooh, looks like someone needs his mouth washed out with soap  ::) ...

Seriously, I wonder what Moss really wants with the Thin Man's research.  Death and destruction would be too straightforward an answer, as would pure benevolence.  And Moss doesn't quite strike me as the type who would create vicious mutants for kicks.  I'm guessing he's either looking for profit (selling the research to the highest bidder, or creating something with the research that would earn him money), or he needs the research to help someone close to him.  Moss also doesn't seem like the kind of guy who has any close friends or family, but anything can happen in Flipside, right?

Foof

« Reply #151 on: March 17, 2010, 08:35:16 pm »
Oh man...I hope Suspira doesn't explode or something.  I would hate to see her die, I'm starting to like her.

RoninAngel

• Eternal Lover
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #152 on: March 17, 2010, 10:40:31 pm »
She is a lot more sympathetic when she's not acting like a bitchy little premadonna. I usually prefer strong women, but for some reason, vulnerability looks better on her. Perhaps because she acts less careless and stupid that way.  :-\

New Strip! YAY!  :D

Wow, Moss is actually semi-badass for a few panels.
But who knows how long that will last?
I don't really care who wins in their little family spat. But I hoping at least someone gets dismembered.
We have yet to see Mr Frank-N-Furter in action, but my money is on the heroes. These two would have to be supreme badasses to beat the whole team. Plus, if I want to get all post-modern-slash-meta-slash-cheaty-slash-cynical about it, we just had the team be captured, and them being captured again would be boring, so I think they will win or at least escape. 
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 10:56:42 pm by RoninAngel »
I got 99 problems but a nymphomaniac jester girl ain't one.

Kiran

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 18, 2010, 02:55:09 am »
A showdown!

One evil kinky mage with a stick plus his s/m buddy who can nulify any magic attack and steal essence of every mage and make him/her faint, well maybe that rose too has a limit how much essence it can store, but we can guess that he can attack them with stored essence or boost up the uncle with it.

vs

Pissed of lesbian fighter with a magic sword (was it explained what the feats of that sword were? like Bern gain anti-magical shield? or it dispels any spell?) whose big minus is her resistance for mind spells and she can be easily defeated by magic.
Pissed off lvl2 sorcerer called Moss who can see other people weakness.
Fata an illusionist who works for Moss/is his partner but if she creates these illusions with her essence or that is her natural gift/curse not bound by magic rules we don't know yet, so maybe that rose won't work on her, but I really doubt that uncle wouldn't have some countermeasures against her prepared already.
One-hand May whose talk won't work here and drained genius sorceress are rather a burden in the fight.
Plus Glyph a sorcerer, and Crest a knight in the making.

That will be interesting fight to see, but our group is at serious disadvantage here sadly.

RoninAngel

• Eternal Lover
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #154 on: March 18, 2010, 09:00:34 am »
I disagree.
The power of Danzig and his butt buddy is an unknown quantity, yes, but they are still two unarmed magic users. Even if their power cancels out the power of the 3 (well 3 1/2) magic users on the good side, they still have to deal with Bern, Maytag, Crest and Glyph. Glyph's skill set is also an unknown quantity. He is also pretty pissed off, you forgot about that.

Trombonefellow

• Rose Petal Acolyte
  • Push Ki
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Trombonefellow
    • View Profile
    • Twilight Key
    • Email
« Reply #155 on: March 18, 2010, 11:46:39 am »

Seriously, I wonder what Moss really wants with the Thin Man's research.  Death and destruction would be too straightforward an answer, as would pure benevolence.  And Moss doesn't quite strike me as the type who would create vicious mutants for kicks.  I'm guessing he's either looking for profit (selling the research to the highest bidder, or creating something with the research that would earn him money), or he needs the research to help someone close to him.  Moss also doesn't seem like the kind of guy who has any close friends or family, but anything can happen in Flipside, right?

My guess is that the research might be a way for him to cure himself of that curse, or something related to the curse.
I have a boner...*plays a song*

tbeean

• Red Light Worker
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
    • Email
« Reply #156 on: March 18, 2010, 02:08:31 pm »

My guess is that the research might be a way for him to cure himself of that curse, or something related to the curse.
I'd be surprised if Moss wanted rid of his curse after so long. I'm guessing he'd make it stronger.

BeethroBudkin

« Reply #157 on: March 18, 2010, 03:04:41 pm »
Moss ftw!!!  ;D

CrystalDragonSpaceMarine

• Eternal Lover
  • Show me your enemies.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #158 on: March 18, 2010, 05:37:58 pm »

I'd be surprised if Moss wanted rid of his curse after so long. I'm guessing he'd make it stronger.

Probably make it so he could turn it on/off at will.

RoninAngel

• Eternal Lover
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #159 on: March 18, 2010, 09:38:09 pm »
I despise Moss, but he seems a little more genre savvy then the rest of these goons. I would think his plans would involve something along the lines of using the regeneration magic to go into business for himself or selling some super-power serum to a kingdom. 

Azure Priest

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 19, 2010, 05:38:26 am »
Or he could just be after the "research" for its own sake, like say Mengelev or some other "scientists" from history that thought nothing of kidnapping, torture, experimentation, even murder as long as they "learned" something.

CrystalDragonSpaceMarine

• Eternal Lover
  • Show me your enemies.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #161 on: March 19, 2010, 08:14:14 am »
I think it's time to make some implications concerning Danzig's new "extendable rod" and why he needs to possess people to have sex.

Kiran

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 19, 2010, 09:46:15 am »
An eunuch?

Damn Bern kick that geezer ass!

I hope she can avoid Danzig's extending stick (no sexual undertones here) ;)

vintage

• Collared Pet
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 19, 2010, 11:12:15 am »
I really hope she gets some revenge for the bath violation. I like Danzig and find him hilarious, but I wanna see him bleed a little.

Tyris

• Slave Groupie
  • U Hrair
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - tyris_stark
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #164 on: March 19, 2010, 12:05:18 pm »
"This... is my BOOMSTICK!"
You can't look dignified when you're having fun.

RoninAngel

• Eternal Lover
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #165 on: March 19, 2010, 12:34:48 pm »
Have to say if Bernedette is made a fool of in battle in 3 panels I am going to be pissed. She is the best fighter in the group, and tons of time has been spent developing that. I'll take this time to admit that am not really enamored with any other aspect of her character. She can stand up to scythe wielding, blood barfing, mutant cannibals, no problem, so if she is put down with out a second thought, ala Worf in Star The Trek Next Generation, it will leave a sour taste in my mouth. If really hope that after all this character development and setting and all that other crap we actually have a decent fight scene. Lot to screw up here.

But New Strip! YAY!  :D

Edit: sorry if that came off as overly negative, but I just really want this to be awesome.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 01:22:18 pm by RoninAngel »

CrystalDragonSpaceMarine

• Eternal Lover
  • Show me your enemies.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #166 on: March 19, 2010, 01:27:05 pm »
An eunuch?

He has a wonderful singing voice, I'll bet.

akashayi

« Reply #167 on: March 19, 2010, 01:35:21 pm »
I think it's time to make some implications concerning Danzig's new "extendable rod" and why he needs to possess people to have sex.

I think you're on to something. He also has the need to make his castle look bigger than it is (which is to say, nonexistent).

RoninAngel

• Eternal Lover
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #168 on: March 20, 2010, 12:18:57 am »
That's funny! Any time you want to make fun of Danzig, don't hesitate :D.

Abstract Vagabond

« Reply #169 on: March 20, 2010, 01:26:20 am »
Have to say if Bernedette is made a fool of in battle in 3 panels I am going to be pissed. She is the best fighter in the group, and tons of time has been spent developing that.

There was also a bunch of time spent on explaining how her style is defensive, yet here she's taking the offensive. Bern is fighting out of her element and if she gets owned, it will be because of that.

RoninAngel

• Eternal Lover
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #170 on: March 20, 2010, 10:54:59 am »
Oops, yeah I forgot about the only fights defensive thing.  :-X

Azure Priest

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 21, 2010, 12:53:02 pm »
I don't think the "rod" is extending. I think it's firing projectiles of some sort.

And Danzig, if you knew anything about her at all...

1.) The "bath" incident is not the first rape attempt on her.

2.) She doesn't seem to be attracted to men in general. Perhaps that scar has something to do with it?

tbeean

• Red Light Worker
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
    • Email
« Reply #172 on: March 21, 2010, 01:32:44 pm »
squeee >.<; maytag in the second panel is so adorable  :-*

CrystalDragonSpaceMarine

• Eternal Lover
  • Show me your enemies.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #173 on: March 21, 2010, 03:35:39 pm »
I don't think the "rod" is extending. I think it's firing projectiles of some sort.

Right, like that makes it any better.

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • Me the 13th Duke of Wymbourne are they quite mad!
    • MSN Messenger - oddballsco@hotmail.co.uk
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - oddball24sco
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
« Reply #174 on: March 21, 2010, 03:43:48 pm »
It could just be a Nerf ball gun  :-\
What good is dreaming it if you don't actually do it?.

Azure Priest

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 22, 2010, 07:23:49 am »
It could just be a Nerf ball gun  :-\

That was my first thought exactly.

Kiran

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 22, 2010, 11:21:25 am »
2.) She doesn't seem to be attracted to men in general. Perhaps that scar has something to do with it?

That sounds like you didn't read this comic from start, Bern's a lesbian so by default she isn't attracted to men in general and lesbians tend to be attracted to women only, she's not bisexual like Maytag, and I think she doesn't need any reason like she was raped/abused/molested by guys in her childhood to become a lesbian, she was just born that way.

Foof

« Reply #177 on: March 22, 2010, 11:57:06 am »
Funny how his uncle says for Moss to tell him how he "really feels", but you know...I think he just did.

RoninAngel

• Eternal Lover
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #178 on: March 22, 2010, 11:59:45 am »
What Bernadette really needs is a good f---ing that'd straighten her out!  ::)

CrystalDragonSpaceMarine

• Eternal Lover
  • Show me your enemies.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #179 on: March 22, 2010, 12:02:40 pm »
What Bernadette really needs is a good f---ing that'd straighten her out!  ::)

I agree, but only if it's from Maytag!