Author Topic: Chapter 24: Discussion  (Read 55966 times)

Kiran

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter 24: Discussion
« Reply #120 on: March 08, 2010, 11:32:16 pm »
...actually, just how far did Glyph get with Bern before Maytag pulled her away?  :-X
Well who knows what was happening underwater with Glyph's hands he maybe got a grope on few things, Bern looked like she was just kissing nothing more, from the distance it didn't look like they had intercourse, again I feel sorry for Bern becoming violated by magic against her preferences.

I'm disappointed that was real Glyph not some Fata's creation, maybe we will see an explanation from Glyph side and also Bern's, but I'm a bit shocked that May brings this talk right in front of everyone which for sure will make Bern embarassed if she remember anything, I hope she won't though.

RoninAngel

• Eternal Lover
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #121 on: March 08, 2010, 11:50:55 pm »
Seems like Glyph's cat is about to be de-bagged.
Perhaps him and that asshole Moss will die an arbitrary and painful death. Here's hopin'.
I got 99 problems but a nymphomaniac jester girl ain't one.

JewelOfSong

« Reply #122 on: March 10, 2010, 01:12:21 pm »
Whoa, Glyph is PISSED. I like it! :D

Kiran

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 10, 2010, 01:27:13 pm »
Wow I didn't see it coming.
Glyph being pissed he got a free occasion on feeling up a girl with who he could never have sex willingly?
But to tell the truth he too was violated, like mind-raped, if I understand his body was possesed by Danzig but his mind was still there and he could not do anything so it's too not a pleasure feeling.
I'm curious how he will explain it in next page with that pissed look, don't tell me he has some decency in him.

akashayi

« Reply #124 on: March 10, 2010, 02:20:23 pm »
Smooth talking there, romeo. When you scream it out like that, it's probably only going to piss Bern off. :P

tbeean

• Red Light Worker
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
    • Email
« Reply #125 on: March 10, 2010, 02:34:48 pm »
Smooth talking there, romeo. When you scream it out like that, it's probably only going to piss Bern off. :P
:P I don't think Gylph will ever get on Bern's good side xD

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • MSN Messenger - charles_wilkinson@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #126 on: March 10, 2010, 02:53:55 pm »
Heh, I'm sure this is about to make him appear that bit more noble in appearance by having him enraged at being forced to rape someone so that while we think of him as a pervert he firmly establishes that he'd never rape someone and would seriously punish anyone else who did.

But I could help imagine that as Danzig brought his body into the bathroom, and steadily up behind a naked Bernadette, his mind was screaming and sobbing:
"SHE'S GONNA CUT OUT MY EYES!!!"

P.S. Just wanted to note, I found it cute but strange that one Fata Illusion had an expression of surprise while the other held an air of boredom.  I'd certainly imagine that she could control her illusions to act as she wishes, but I'd have expected surprise to be one emotion that would carry across both of them.

P.P.S. I'd suspect they must have read his mind to know this much about his personality, but then they'd know how he feels about full rape.  So I'll simply presume that Moss told them his weakness.
CLAN OF THE CATS IS MAKING A COMEBACK! JUNE 8th.  BE THERE!

RoninAngel

• Eternal Lover
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #127 on: March 10, 2010, 05:14:51 pm »
Hmmm... Glyph wasn't home when the sexual assault-ish stuff happened.

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #128 on: March 10, 2010, 09:20:34 pm »
Well... Glyph would have been aware, much like Regina was still aware while Maytag controlled her body with the same trick.  I tend to believe that they maintain all the same sensory perceptions (sight, sound, touch, smell, hearing) of their body but lack the control.  He was probably screaming all sorts of things in Danzig's mind while he was under his control and watching/feeling events unfold.

http://www.flipsidecomics.com/comic/book0/fs12pg11.html
http://www.flipsidecomics.com/comic/book0/fs12pg14.html

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #129 on: March 11, 2010, 09:11:09 pm »
I've still been banging my head, trying to work out what Danzig might mean about revealing the truth of the world and suddenly I was struck by a question.  How big can you make a "Warp Box".

Then it struck me... Could Iscariot be an entire world, inside a Warp Box?  Then there's the question of what the entrance to this world might look like and what we could find outside of it.

Xshu

« Reply #130 on: March 12, 2010, 12:30:25 am »
Hmm. This does give Glyph a few brownie points in my book. He just went from -40 up to -15.

Unless he was only angry that he wasn't in control of himself, anyways.

RoninAngel

• Eternal Lover
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #131 on: March 12, 2010, 07:18:41 pm »
I think what Suspira said is some ominous foreshadowing. I wonder what will come of it.

@Charles: Slow down there, cowboy. Lets not get all ahead of our selves just yet. I think that you are just reacting to the presence of Fata Morgana and questioning the nature of reality because of it.   

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #132 on: March 12, 2010, 09:16:56 pm »
I think what Suspira said is some ominous foreshadowing. I wonder what will come of it.

@Charles: Slow down there, cowboy. Lets not get all ahead of our selves just yet. I think that you are just reacting to the presence of Fata Morgana and questioning the nature of reality because of it.  

Hey, this whole book has made me question the nature of reality in Iscariot.  Some serious mind %#@&ing has been going on since it started.

Yeah, suspira is very foreshadowing.  We're talking about people who can read your mind, erase your memories and even alter your behaviour... A few hours alone with Melter... Thats a worry.  But they should now have some serious magick power in their party between her, Moss, Glyph and Fata Morgana.

Just another thing thats bugging me... Melter called her "Suspira" rather than Inverness: http://www.flipsidecomics.com/comic.php?i=918

Kiran

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 13, 2010, 03:47:43 am »
But they should now have some serious magick power in their party between her, Moss, Glyph and Fata Morgana.

Just another thing thats bugging me... Melter called her "Suspira" rather than Inverness: http://www.flipsidecomics.com/comic.php?i=918
Of course if Moss and Fata are indeed independent factors in this, or they are just some pawns who think they can do something.

Also Glyph's outburst behaviour prooves that he is either quite touchy about rape thing (meaning he is indeed some good guy inside) or he really liked it so he denied it with all his might so he would not be killed by Bern at spot (I really love her expression in first panel) meaning he's just a common pervert inside to the bone :P

Since Suspiria was examined by Melter there might be some surprise waiting for us with her, and I quite like how Crest is worried about his "girlfriend".

vintage

• Collared Pet
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 13, 2010, 06:31:50 am »

Melter did use her name in quotes, so I get the impression he knows her real name and is referring to her as Suspiria so Danzig and his gang know who he's talking about. (Right before Suspiria collapses Crest calls out her name in front of Danzig)

What surprised me was the sudden appearance of Suspiria with her clothes XD At first I thought it was another Fata illusion instead of a cutscene after apparently rescuing her. Hopefully her headache is just from getting her spirit essence taken..

Kanazaka

• Hot Streaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: March 14, 2010, 07:29:31 pm »
It's too bad Suspiria has a headache.  Looks like Crest won't be getting any for a while  :D.

CrystalDragonSpaceMarine

• Eternal Lover
  • Show me your enemies.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #136 on: March 14, 2010, 08:13:38 pm »

Also Glyph's outburst behaviour prooves that he is either quite touchy about rape thing (meaning he is indeed some good guy inside) or he really liked it so he denied it with all his might so he would not be killed by Bern at spot (I really love her expression in first panel) meaning he's just a common pervert inside to the bone :P

Probably a little bit of both. I bet he "enjoyed" it but is really ashamed because that's not how he wants things to turn out.

RoninAngel

• Eternal Lover
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #137 on: March 15, 2010, 04:35:27 am »
It's too bad Suspiria has a headache.  Looks like Crest won't be getting any for a while  :D.
Yeah because there was ever a chance of that happening.  ::)

Azure Priest

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 15, 2010, 07:27:03 am »
Yeah because there was ever a chance of that happening.  ::)

He's had SOME charming effect on her. He's shown himself highly intelligent, compassionate and promised to "put up with her" like Kirin did. We all know how HE was rewarded for that.

I'm also quite surprised at Suspira's sudden appearance. We're not shown exactly how or when she rejoins the party, she's just suddenly "THERE."

I don't think Glyph's reaction is an act. It's justified rage. Being a pervert does NOT automatically make you a rapist. There are a great many perverts who are not rapists. There are also many rapists who are not perverts. While the two crimes may go together, neither is a prerequisite for the other.

Also, Glyph neither gave consent nor had any control in that situation. Saying he "enjoyed it" is like saying a woman who was raped "enjoyed" being raped because she was stimulated to orgasm or had a history of being promiscuous. I should point out that while a great deal of media from many cultures perpetuates this idea, it is totally false. If Glyph was NOT angry and defensive, then I'd be worried.

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #139 on: March 15, 2010, 05:27:31 pm »
Big trouble in little warp box.

Damn. It's a showdown.  I can almost hear the squealing song from "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly" as they march towards Danzig and Escher.

Alright, lets weigh this up:
Escher can neutralise any magick cast against him and maybe Danzig, he'll also suck all the spirit essence from anyone who tries and render them useless.  Danzig is presumably a very strong level 3 caster with God only knows what other tricks up his sleeve.  So possibly they can cast uber magick without anyone casting against them.

Moss can see the weakness of these two and is Danzig's nephew so maybe he can do some talking considering his level 2 magick is probably of little use.  Fata Morgana has her illusion powers but if they're neutralising magick then it's probably dangerous to maintain the illusion of herself let alone do anything too fancy.  Glyph is probably useless as best I can tell (no magick) Although he might be a more mature member of the Phalanx so maybe he's got more experience and tricks in dealing with this scenario.  Crest is without his sword and thus, useless unless he does some unexpected tackle or the like.  Maytag is without her d-bag so all those tricks are gone but we've seen before that her voice is often her most powerful weapon.  Suspira only has her magick and possibly some other problems.

Bern only has one magick sword which doesn't fit to her style, but she's probably still more than a match for casters who don't know how to fight, even if she's not using her ideal style.  Heck, she'll be under attack from magick so I doubt she can afford to simply use a defensive strategy anyway, so she'll have to get out of style and move in close for an attack.  She could also give her magick sword to Maytag or Crest, or even her normal swords to them and keep the magick one for herself.  I guess the one way the magick users could help is maybe by casting enhancements on the fighters together with counter-spells against anything Danzig unleashes and other protective measures.

*meh* I'm hoping for a fight. It's been far too long since anyone stepped up for a battle and I can't recall EVER seeing one in flipside which involved one group against another.

RoninAngel

• Eternal Lover
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #140 on: March 15, 2010, 08:38:04 pm »
If it isn't Rocky and Dr. Fran-N-Furter?  ::)

I hope they get a serious ass kicking.  >:(

akashayi

« Reply #141 on: March 15, 2010, 09:57:15 pm »
But isn't that Suspiria's essence that they have there?

Further... what exactly did melter do to Suspiria?

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #142 on: March 15, 2010, 10:47:39 pm »
Good question... and is Melter still around?

Yeah, when Escher started absorbing her essence he had a much smaller flower and it grew much larger than what he's showing now, so maybe he's still got some of her essence stored up and some of it has drained away.  Makes you wonder if he, or someone else, can do something with all that gathered essence... Seriously, could he gather the essence of multiple people (doesn't mater what level of caster since everyone has an equal amount of essence) and then allow another caster to use it all to do a REALLY big spell (like the giant Warp Box they're inside)?

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #143 on: March 15, 2010, 10:59:07 pm »
AHA!  I just figured out who's going to save the day here.

MAXMILLION!

http://www.flipsidecomics.com/comic.php?i=825

P.S. Anyone else notice that Brion did a copy paste of that background in the first panel to get it right?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 11:01:55 pm by charles »

Azure Priest

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 17, 2010, 05:26:22 am »

Yeah, when Escher started absorbing her essence he had a much smaller flower and it grew much larger than what he's showing now, so maybe he's still got some of her essence stored up and some of it has drained away.  Makes you wonder if he, or someone else, can do something with all that gathered essence... Seriously, could he gather the essence of multiple people (doesn't mater what level of caster since everyone has an equal amount of essence) and then allow another caster to use it all to do a REALLY big spell (like the giant Warp Box they're inside)?

That "equal amount" of essence thing was MAYTAG's understanding, not the author's. While Maytag is very knowledgeable about magic in the Flipsideverse, she doesn't know EVERYTHING. Just look at how much she's learning NOW. Further, Iverness, is a "genius" so it's possible that there are some people who have MORE essence than the norm.

As for Glyph not having magic, we can't be entirely certain of that. He may not have USED magic outside the "power scouter, let's see what you've got under your clothes" item, but that doesn't automatically mean he CAN'T. Not everyone likes to blow through their essence in a fit of impulse like Suspira does.

JewelOfSong

« Reply #145 on: March 17, 2010, 01:56:21 pm »

That "equal amount" of essence thing was MAYTAG's understanding, not the author's. While Maytag is very knowledgeable about magic in the Flipsideverse, she doesn't know EVERYTHING. Just look at how much she's learning NOW. Further, Iverness, is a "genius" so it's possible that there are some people who have MORE essence than the norm.

As for Glyph not having magic, we can't be entirely certain of that. He may not have USED magic outside the "power scouter, let's see what you've got under your clothes" item, but that doesn't automatically mean he CAN'T. Not everyone likes to blow through their essence in a fit of impulse like Suspira does.

Glyph was shown using magic though. "Levo" - http://www.flipsidecomics.com/comic.php?i=821

Foof

« Reply #146 on: March 17, 2010, 02:23:18 pm »
Oh wow, he is maaaaad.  Three f-bombs in three panels.  I don't blame him, though.  He's been risking his ass and getting nothing good in return. (Or so I assume.)

delusion

• Fresh Meat
    • View Profile
    • Del's Personal Sites Hub
« Reply #147 on: March 17, 2010, 03:07:06 pm »
Oh mannn :D Just poppin' in to say that I'm really liking how this chapter is shaping up. I dunno, I was kinda concerned for Moss showing up again, since I wasn't really a fan from Book 0- never jumped on that fangirl bandwagon. But now? especially with this page.. Moss is kinda awesome. Especially with Fata Morgana sidekick(s?). I can't wait to see what's going to happen!

It's the ultimate showdown of ultimate destiny *_*

tbeean

• Red Light Worker
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
    • Email
« Reply #148 on: March 17, 2010, 03:36:44 pm »
ooh. check moss out.  :P

akashayi

« Reply #149 on: March 17, 2010, 06:19:08 pm »
Fuck Fuck Fucking Fuckballs. ;P

I'm trying to see the family resemblance... maybe if Moss wore black lipstick and went a little more goth instead of emo :P