Author Topic: What do you think of the new forum?  (Read 16381 times)

Chag4

• Kinky
  • PM of awkwardness
    • View Profile
Re: What do you think of the new forum?
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2009, 04:16:53 pm »
I found the old forum design more tidy and less confusing, but I remember thinking the same when we moved from the one before that.
I'll get used to it, maybe I will find it better.
I love the statistics, now I might be able to be at the top of SOMETHING. ;D
I don't think the "Who's Online" update automatically when you have it open though, which I don't like because I love having it open while looking around elsewhere and then opening it just to see if somebody new logged on, replied to something and alike.
It's fun to spy on people.
Other then that I only wish the banner on top would link to the forum home like before, that sure was useful.
Just plodding along.

Enkida

• Collared Pet
    • View Profile
    • Baldur's Gate Portraits
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2009, 03:16:21 am »
The new forum is clean, nice and fast, which is always good.  Something that bugs me still, which was also present in the old forum:  no clear link back to the actual comic itself.  I can think of two intuitive places such a link would go:

If simplemachines forums are anything like phpBB, it should be pretty easy to put a link back to your comic website at least at spot #2, right before "The Flipside Forum" link.  Of course it would be a whole lot easier if the "Home" button on the big menu at the top actually went back to the main comic site hosting page, and not just the forum page.

My 2 cents.  :-)

Also:  for the life of me I can't find in the profile a place to put "hide my online status" anywhere.  Is this no longer an option?  I don't like having a little green button tracking whether or not I'm online in the forum or not.  It's like big bro is always watching me.   :o

EDIT:  dot dot dot... looks like online status is not available for joe average user to see anyhow.  in that case ignore the last bit.  If online status IS available for joe average user to see who's trolling the boards and I'm just not seeing it, then don't disregard that last statement!

EDIT #2:  it is available for joe average user to see, by hovering over the "PM" button.  It shows up as text whether or not the user is online or offline.  yes, I know I'm probably the only user who likes privacy that much, but... it would be nice to be able to disable this sort of tracking on our side.  pretty please?   :(

« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 03:21:02 am by Enkida »
2 kids = no more comics, but you can still find me doing BG portraits now and then

Pozf

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • What is a man?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2009, 09:25:41 am »
I know in the "sexy Flipside" skin if you click on the banner at the top it redirects you to back to the index
'Science is on the march. Don't get in its way.'

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • MSN Messenger - charles_wilkinson@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2009, 09:42:45 am »
*shrug* I just keep a link in my signature
CLAN OF THE CATS IS MAKING A COMEBACK! JUNE 8th.  BE THERE!

zombiefruits

« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2009, 09:25:55 am »
Huzzuh, new forum. I was confused for a few seconds when I first got here, but now I like it. Also, changed to Sexy Flipside skin. Awwwww yeah.

Bernadette

« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2009, 10:01:02 am »
I seem to be underrepresented in the banner.

zombiefruits

« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2009, 09:43:20 pm »
I seem to be underrepresented in the banner.

I agree, Bern. We should have a sexy Bernadette skin! Do it Brion, DOIT.

No.Na.

• Red Light Worker
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Illusionslostone
    • View Profile
    • Deviant art
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2009, 03:22:06 pm »
I really like the new forum, it is very sleek, and the sexy maytage skin looks very cool. I approve of this new abode ^--^
In the three fates we trust