Author Topic: I have a stand up comedy show  (Read 6739 times)

LordKaT

I have a stand up comedy show
« on: March 17, 2009, 04:16:13 pm »
Thursday Night, 7pm @ broadway comedy club

plz coem, i have no friends ;~;

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • Me the 13th Duke of Wymbourne are they quite mad!
    • MSN Messenger - oddballsco@hotmail.co.uk
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - oddball24sco
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
Re: I have a stand up comedy show
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2009, 04:19:25 pm »
I would go and supprot you and buy you a drink but have two very good reasons not too:

1. I work night shift wednesday-friday for 12 hours.

2. I'm probably in a diffrent country.
What good is dreaming it if you don't actually do it?.

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • MSN Messenger - charles_wilkinson@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2009, 07:37:55 pm »
Grats mate. Hey! Link your youtube account here again so those unfamiliar can have a laugh at that stuff.
CLAN OF THE CATS IS MAKING A COMEBACK! JUNE 8th.  BE THERE!

LordKaT

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2009, 08:11:28 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/user/FearTheKaT

I'll be putting up my 5 minutes for you guys after the show on thursday

Admiral Apocolypto

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2009, 09:27:25 pm »
Dude, I'll definitely come see you sometime, I'm assuming from "Broadway" that it's NYC, right?  However, I am working this Thursday.

Razzly

• Erotic
  • Contrast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2009, 11:02:01 pm »
Stand-up comedy show? I knew there had to be a comedian behind those silly typings.
Winner of Brion Foulke's "cute little panda"-award.
"Mutta rukous on vain mutina tuulessa, ei sitä kukaan kuule..."

LordKaT

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2009, 07:12:55 am »
Dude, I'll definitely come see you sometime, I'm assuming from "Broadway" that it's NYC, right?  However, I am working this Thursday.

yeah, it's the broadway comedy club on W. 53rd between 8 & 9

akashayi

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2009, 07:33:23 pm »
Come to LA, and I'd love to see your show ;P

LordKaT

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2009, 07:47:04 pm »
Stand-up comedy show? I knew there had to be a comedian behind those silly typings.

What gave it away?

LordKaT

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2009, 06:54:44 am »
Here you guys go, 5 minutes on stage 03-19-09: http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/blog/5512

Enjoy ;)

UmberIsSexy

• Erotic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2009, 09:28:06 am »
That was pretty awesome guy.  Way better than the last one.  I still say you should carry the jokes further.  Like, after you get the groan, make it one step worse.  But that's just me.  I get a kick out of people being offended.  But I dunno, maybe your mom's in the audience or something...

but anyway, that was really good.  you sounded a bit nervous, but I feel like you sold your jokes a lot more and a lot better on this one.  Anyhoo, you said you were tired last time, so perhaps that wasn't a good representation.

LordKaT

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2009, 09:30:35 am »
I've only got 5 minutes for an audition, how far do you expect me to carry a joke?  :P

UmberIsSexy

• Erotic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2009, 09:42:38 am »
..right up the ass?  of the lady in the front row? *shrug*

ed: but hey, I know exactly shit about stand-up comedy, so you probably shouldn't listen to me!!
« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 09:46:25 am by UmberIsSexy »

LordKaT

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2009, 09:44:50 am »
Ya, I was kind of nervous. The only other real audiences I've worked were all bringer shows - and none of them were there to see me, so I'd never get a fucking laugh.

So I'm pretty happy with how last night went, even if I did have to settle my nerves down.

UmberIsSexy

• Erotic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2009, 09:57:46 am »
I edited my above post, in case you missed it....but anyway, yeah it was pretty funny at a few points.

I went to a like "open-mike" comedy night once inadvertently, and just because it's shitty Rhode Island or whatever, no one was laughing at all at some of these people.  (as far as I could tell, all of them were trying to make a career of it, and trying out jokes)  Some of the comics were really getting visibly upset about it, and having a hard time.  The truth was, though, most of them were funny.  It's just that on the first few jokes, you're just kind of listening, maybe smiling, at least on the inside.  On the first pretty funny joke, you kind of chuckle a bit and then see what they're gonna say next.  I could hear people around me chuckling as well..But the comics would get all flustered, and then it's a bit hard to get into that jovial mood again, as an audience member.  One guy actually stopped his show and basically told us to laugh haha.  Yeah that's gonna work.

I think they were getting heckled too by people up front, but being in the back I could only hear the guy with the mike, so if they addressed the heckler with anything but a horrible and funny insult, that was annoying.

But the guys who got people rolling were the ones who just kept on trucking through their act, without waiting to see what people thought of their jokes. (or maybe the ones who brought the most friends?)

But honestly, it was at a sports bar during March madness (last year).  I was there hoping to watch the game.  I wonder if other people were trying to do the same.