Author Topic: XMAS Special: Vote Here!  (Read 27042 times)

Brion Foulke

• Administrator
  • Experimental
    • AOL Instant Messenger - flipsider99
    • View Profile
    • www.flipsidecomics.com
    • Email
XMAS Special: Vote Here!
« on: December 14, 2009, 08:16:56 am »
This thread is for discussing the 2009 xmas special.

Also, you can use this thread to vote!  Post your xmas present ideas here!

BlueNymph

Re: XMAS Special: Vote Here!
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2009, 09:07:55 am »
I think a romantic present for Bernadette might be a sword.  Maytag knows that being a knight has always been a dream of Bernadette. Bernadette seems to be a more practical character in terms of presents (eg, that she might appreciate a weapon more than a piece of jewelry)?  :)

thunder storm

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2009, 09:28:49 am »
perhaps a really nice set of sword sheaths to go with the swords that bluenymph suggested.

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • Me the 13th Duke of Wymbourne are they quite mad!
    • MSN Messenger - oddballsco@hotmail.co.uk
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - oddball24sco
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2009, 09:50:04 am »
I say everyone's favorite.................SLIPPERS *whitsle*
What good is dreaming it if you don't actually do it?.

Kiran

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2009, 09:51:50 am »
A magical chastity belt which Bern could put on May and only she would know the right phrase which could open it ^^
I know Bern hates magic but this would be rather practical 8)

knite0

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2009, 10:42:36 am »
amazed no one said this yet.  I'll just suggest it then.  A new "toy".

Ssim2026

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2009, 11:36:32 am »
That would definitely seem like something Maytag would give, but I don't know how much Bern would like it... since she's not quite as wild, but maybe she would warm up to the idea? ;D

Anyway, if it's for the comic Bern, then I would say something with a sentimental message on or with it that says something like, "You'll always be my knight", or, "The knight of my heart." ;) If it's for the Bern in the intermission, then I would say something like a brick, or toss-able object, creating machine, and Bern could get Maytag a helmet. :P

Lightstep

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2009, 11:39:23 am »
Hi Maytag,

What about a simple picture of you two together smiling?

Happy Holidays.  :)

Miau

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2009, 12:11:37 pm »
amazed no one said this yet.  I'll just suggest it then.  A new "toy".

I totally second this. Like Ssim said, Bern isn't as "wild" as Maytag, so I would enjoy seeing what May would come up with for her.

...Alternatively, I think Bern would like extra comic pages to all Flipside readers from Maytag for Christmas. :D

sfnhltb

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2009, 01:11:19 pm »
Thinking along the toys route, how about an (uncursed) girdle of femininity/masculinity? It would let Bern spice things up a bit for Maytag while keeping things monogamous. Hard to know if Bern would appreciate it, but its kind of common for long term partners to give something they want for themselves as much or more than the person being gifted :P

9_6

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2009, 01:38:15 pm »
A new sword because she likes swords.
Maybe it could also have an... ergonomically shaped handle.

Foof

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2009, 01:57:13 pm »
What about a locket?  You could have someone do a painting of you two to put inside of it!  Unless there are magical cameras in Flipside.

farsan

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2009, 02:27:57 pm »
A couple of sheaths, tailor made for the lone sword she received in Crest's hometown, for the time she completes the set. One of the sheaths would be jet black, and the other pearl white, both tied up in a nice belt with twirling yellow decorations. If Maytag believes Bern would accept it, the belt could be enchanted with some charms: Anti-theft, item storing, protection... anything useful.

Rowe

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2009, 02:47:28 pm »
I'd say an object to signify your dedication to her. She doesn't seem like the jewelry type, so maybe a new scarf?

Or a proposal, perhaps? :)

akashayi

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2009, 02:50:14 pm »
Customized shot glasses <3

CrystalDragonSpaceMarine

• Eternal Lover
  • Show me your enemies.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2009, 02:55:55 pm »
A brick. A really fancy one made of marble, with a sword motif embossed on it and inlaid with silver.

Cyrik

« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2009, 03:09:27 pm »
What about herself all wrapped up in a bow? Or Maytag in a box?

I'd suggest more practical, less eyecandy gifts if what Maytag were to give her would actually end up in canon.

Kiran

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2009, 04:48:20 pm »
Thinking along the toys route, how about an (uncursed) girdle of femininity/masculinity? It would let Bern spice things up a bit for Maytag while keeping things monogamous. Hard to know if Bern would appreciate it, but its kind of common for long term partners to give something they want for themselves as much or more than the person being gifted :P
Why to complicate ut so much.
Maybe they have strapons in Flipside timeline?
;)
It would work rather similiar.

CyberSkull

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2009, 05:27:57 pm »
Incredibly sharp swords are the obvious and any toys would probably have to be magical for them to be really fun (especially if they graft on), so I am kinda stumped.

How about some Scar-Aidâ„¢. Makes a minor papercut look like a scar from a life threatening wound. Impress your friends! Get free drinks at the bar for telling the story!

Or how about giving them the option of bearing the other's child? For most couples that will bring them closer (though maybe not if they are both pregnant at the same time).

parameciumkid

• Kinky
  • http://helia.heliohost.org
    • AOL Instant Messenger - parameciumkid
    • View Profile
    • Helia - The Girl in the Yellow Dress
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2009, 06:36:34 pm »
That ad in the comic was very... blatant. lol.
Buy her some chocolate. Everybody loves chocolate!
Hi.
I've been out for two years, so warn me if I act like I missed something obvious. ^^;

...oh, and to anyone who missed me, I'm open to hugs, kisses, and intense tearful cuddles.

RoninAngel

• Eternal Lover
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2009, 06:52:16 pm »
A DIVORCE!  :P

Just kidding!  :D [Dodges Tomato/]

Some really good cognac!

Also, May is adorable in this strip!  :-*
I got 99 problems but a nymphomaniac jester girl ain't one.

maveress

« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2009, 08:10:23 pm »
I was thinking that Maytag could make Bern a costume, but then I realized that Bern is confident enough in that way, but I DO think that whatever is given should be made by Maytag...it makes the gift more personal and sentimental   :P
Like maybe new gloves or a new scarf. I know! A scarf that makes you invisible  ;D ahah Anyways whatever Maytag gets Bern, I know that Bern will love, just because its from May.  :-*

Happy Holidays!! *mwuah!*

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • MSN Messenger - charles_wilkinson@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2009, 08:42:31 pm »
Buy Bern a book.  Bern likes to read so *shrug*

Or a new travel coat.  I think the current one is a bit tattered.
CLAN OF THE CATS IS MAKING A COMEBACK! JUNE 8th.  BE THERE!

straitjacket

« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2009, 08:51:34 pm »
Get her a straitjacket always works for my gal  ;)

Rava

« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2009, 02:23:06 am »
I vote for some smexyness with Maytag and Bernadette... with some neat psychological background added to both.  :-*

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • MSN Messenger - charles_wilkinson@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2009, 02:31:54 am »
I'VE GOT IT!

GET HER A PUPPY DOG!

CLAN OF THE CATS IS MAKING A COMEBACK! JUNE 8th.  BE THERE!

Nikhol

« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2009, 08:35:09 am »
Well, I personally think a new shiny sword would be too apparent. Plus, Bern's sword(s) are important. So, I believe that something simpler but personal would do the trick. Something Maytag would really enjoy "giving" and Bern "receiving". Well, that and the fact that it could turn into a humorous situation if done just right. What am I talking about? Well: Maytag could give Bern homemade "coupons". Lol. You know what I'm talking about. And they don't have to be in a sexual manner... though I doubt Maytag could resist the temptation.

krid

« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2009, 09:21:13 am »
Incredibly sharp swords are the obvious and any toys would probably have to be magical for them to be really fun (especially if they graft on), so I am kinda stumped.

Or how about giving them the option of bearing the other's child? For most couples that will bring them closer (though maybe not if they are both pregnant at the same time).

Thinking along the toys route, how about an (uncursed) girdle of femininity/masculinity? It would let Bern spice things up a bit for Maytag while keeping things monogamous.

I really doubt Bern would use a magical artifact like that herself, since it isn't a life-or-death situation like the other times. However, since she hasn't objected to Maytag's outright flippant use of magic I don't see her objecting to something like this.
Depending on where Bern falls on the sexuality matrix it's likely that she wouldn't be all that enthusiastic about sex with 'Mantag'; Maytag is certainly close enough to Bern to know how it would turn out, and I think she'd be careful to choose something that Bern would be able to fully enjoy.

Maybe a "+6 Ring of Bigby's Protruding Phallus" and "Mervin's Belt of Potent Manbits"?

---

If we step away from blatant sexuality, Maytag could get them a matched pair of wedding bands which have been enchanted to allow them to both sense each other's location and condition, as well as communicate at any distance. Aside from the obvious meaning of receiving a wedding band as a gift, they would be practical and useful enough that Bern would almost certainly accept it. That's not even counting how much it would work towards their "No more secrets" goal.

It would be pretty close to an ideal gift, I think.

strange1

« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2009, 12:56:56 pm »
How about a handkerchief with something special sewn in it (like <3 Maytag) so it could be like a love token given to a knight?

Raxyl

« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2009, 05:09:14 pm »
Jewelry? Maybe something that jingles or tinks to match Maytag's bells. I'd love to read some cheesy line about how 'now I'll know when you're around, all I have to do is listen for blah blah blah, sound that matches my own' something so schmoofly the readers' heads will explode. :O
I'm also interested in seeing her with a new scarf ( Christmassy? ). Bern is totally my favorite character so she deserves the best! <3