Author Topic: Shin Megami Tensei: Imagine  (Read 32877 times)

Brion Foulke

• Administrator
  • Experimental
    • AOL Instant Messenger - flipsider99
    • View Profile
    • www.flipsidecomics.com
    • Email
Re: Shin Megami Tensei: Imagine
« Reply #60 on: November 19, 2009, 04:20:57 pm »
The real pain of leveling up your expertise doesn't begin at all until the higher classes.  You should really buy those items that delete the expertise you don't need, because there's a limit to how much expertise you can have, and you'll need all of it you can get.  Once you go past level 30 it becomes very expensive to get rid of unwanted expetise.

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • MSN Messenger - charles_wilkinson@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: November 22, 2009, 08:22:41 pm »
Found the items to delete expertise... Can you believe I somehow haven't spotted the magic shop until now?

I saw your user come online at one point but when I changed to my other character to get him into the guild I suddenly couldn't PM you :(

*meh* A few of the other clan members, including Lyon, spotted me and decided to make TheFencer a bit of a leveling test bunny... Before I knew it he was well into level 23 thanks to some silver runs and a heap of EXP incense I had.

I'm leveling all the physical expertise traits right now.  I'm not sure what I'll end up with, but I figure it's a good way to see what I get and then I'll just kill anything I don't need/want when I get to level 29 (i.e. before level 30).  There's a certain chain expertise which needs Attack, Survival and Weapon knowledge.  I've also learned my lesson about armor... BUY SOME!

Seriously, I can see now why there are so many low levels out there farming for plasma.  You get the money, buy the equipment and your whole life is FAR easier.

Hope to catch you in there at some other time.
CLAN OF THE CATS IS MAKING A COMEBACK! JUNE 8th.  BE THERE!

Brion Foulke

• Administrator
  • Experimental
    • View Profile
    • www.flipsidecomics.com
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: November 23, 2009, 01:35:39 am »
I haven't been on much this week, sorry.

Is anyone here interested in some free AP?  I have been playing on the Aeria poker site and I have like 7 million chips saved up.  But you can only convert 20k chips a day into AP, for which you get 200 AP which is the equivalent of 2 dollars.  Anyway, it'll take forever to convert all of my chips, so if anyone here wants some chips they are welcome to take some.  All you need to do is sign up for a facebook account, and then link your facebook account to your Aeria account.  You can do that here:

http://apps.facebook.com/poker-heroes/

You can also play poker with the chips if you want to win more, but please don't do that unless you're confident in your poker skills.  If you want some chips to convert into free AP, let me know!

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: November 23, 2009, 05:26:09 pm »
Thanks for the chips Brion!  Already traded in 20k of 'em (gave 184 AP *shrug* exchange rate *lol*)

Whats the best thing to save up and spend on?  Anything that increases your Experience limit?

Also, is it just me or does poker heroes have some special thing in it's programming to cause big hands?  In short session, I've seen more four of a kinds (including 4 aces) and straight flushes (including a bloody royal flush) than in my entire life.

P.S. learned the secret of gaining experience.  Take a character to the Virtual Battle room, strip them of EVERYTHING and start fighting with your fists.  Rapidly rising up the chains now.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 05:28:22 pm by charles »

Brion Foulke

• Administrator
  • Experimental
    • View Profile
    • www.flipsidecomics.com
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: November 23, 2009, 07:24:30 pm »
"experience" limit?  Do you mean expertise?  There are incense you can buy on the item store that increase both your experience and your expertise gain by as much as x5.  But just between you and me, those things are not worth buying from the item store.  AP has a macca equivalent, in general you can sell 100 AP for 100k macca easily.  Most of the items from the item store are actually a rip off in terms of AP price, you can get them cheaper for macca.

Your best bet is to either sell AP to someone in the game, (you do that by buying stuff for them, and they pay you the equivalent price in macce)  The best item in terms of macca worth in the item store, as far as I can tell, is 10 Link Melons.  You can get 10 for 1000 AP, and sell them for 100k each pretty easily, that gets you 1 million macca.  I don't think there's anything in the item store with that good a conversion rate that is as easy to sell.  You can then turn around and use the macca you got to buy stuff like incense at a much cheaper price than you would at the item store.

Right now 5x expertise incense is really cheap for some reason, I'm not sure why, but you can buy it for 150k each.  Best way is to go to Babel and listen for people's shouts.  Also, the best way to sell stuff is to go to Babel, channel 1, and shout.  You can also use the bazaars, but it's a waste of money if you don't have 5 things to sell.  Also the bazaar tax is pretty large, so it's better not to use them on big money items.  When I'm trying to sell Link Melons, I usually go to channel 1 and repeat this shout: "S> Link Melons 100k" every 5 minutes or so.  I can draw or do whatever while I'm doing this so it's pretty easy.

About poker heroes... yeah, when I first started playing I thought the same thing as you.  It seemed like pocket A's and K's were coming up too frequentally.  But after playing there for awhile, I think I was mistaken, it seems pretty normal.  It was probably just luck that that happened.  Everyone calls on most hands, and nobody ever seems to fold draws, so you're going to see more big hands in general.

Yeah, the virtual room with the slimes is where most people build expertise.  It's great for building all kinds of stuff.  Hey, if you're building up a melee character, make sure you don't ignore spin attack.

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #65 on: November 30, 2009, 09:40:06 am »
Damn! I noticed a ranking on the Poker Heroes website and noticed that Brion is the highest earner for the past 7 days and 30 days.

He's about 9 times higher than the 2nd place for the last 7 days and twice the 2nd palce of the last 30.

You're right mate.  No-one in there compares to you.

Brion Foulke

• Administrator
  • Experimental
    • View Profile
    • www.flipsidecomics.com
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: December 07, 2009, 11:38:45 am »
Don't have a pass for you, but I'll be happy to give you poker chips which you can exchange for AP.

Foof

« Reply #67 on: December 07, 2009, 10:48:28 pm »
Oh man...I love SMT, but I hate how Aeria makes you pay $$$ for good items.

Brion Foulke

• Administrator
  • Experimental
    • View Profile
    • www.flipsidecomics.com
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: December 08, 2009, 12:42:12 am »
Yeah, pretty much.  But if you have Aeria poker chips, you can get free AP.

Foof

« Reply #69 on: December 09, 2009, 02:02:14 pm »
Ooh. o.o  That does sound better.

Brion Foulke

• Administrator
  • Experimental
    • View Profile
    • www.flipsidecomics.com
    • Email
« Reply #70 on: December 09, 2009, 04:06:17 pm »
Yep.  Just let me know if you need some.

Trombonefellow

• Rose Petal Acolyte
  • Push Ki
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Trombonefellow
    • View Profile
    • Twilight Key
    • Email
« Reply #71 on: December 25, 2009, 12:38:57 pm »
Started a new character, and playing again...yeah
Name: Osseous
Lvl: 11

Realized I wasn't doing the expertise thing right, so I started over.
I have a boner...*plays a song*