Author Topic: Chapter 23: Discussion  (Read 109854 times)

Foof

Re: Chapter 23: Discussion
« Reply #90 on: November 05, 2009, 11:26:55 pm »
Oh my...that's...kind of hot.  But--wha!  May's a one woman...woman now!

I wonder if Bernadette or someone will burst in, or maybe May will stop her.  That would be a bit funny if Crest walked in, since he's already walked in on May on her back with a woman before.

RoninAngel

• Eternal Lover
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #91 on: November 06, 2009, 03:51:54 am »
Wow... :-[
So I would have a boner right now if I wasn't so confused. But... what is going on? Is this a trick? Is it a trap? Another mind fuck? A temptation? A legitimate seduction? I don't know what to make of this because the last chapter has made me so paranoid of everything. And Worse, What am I supposed to make of this? Should I be in favor of this or not? Where the fuck is Bernadette? Can we really trust what this lady says about her being okay? Can we please go back to regular-not-so-twisty-mind-fuck-reality? I feel so off-balance right now.  :'( :(
I got 99 problems but a nymphomaniac jester girl ain't one.

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • Me the 13th Duke of Wymbourne are they quite mad!
    • MSN Messenger - oddballsco@hotmail.co.uk
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - oddball24sco
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
« Reply #92 on: November 06, 2009, 08:48:20 am »
C'mon Bern charge in and take her head off with one of your swords  ;D ;D
What good is dreaming it if you don't actually do it?.

Tyris

• Slave Groupie
  • U Hrair
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - tyris_stark
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #93 on: November 06, 2009, 09:16:46 am »
Can we please go back to regular-not-so-twisty-mind-fuck-reality?
Would you trust it even if we did?
You can't look dignified when you're having fun.

UmberIsSexy

• Erotic
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 06, 2009, 09:18:59 am »
this almost seems like a test of May's faithfulness, although there must be someone who would've been more tempting to her?

...though I can't think of anyone we know really...

But it seems like May had more of a big-sister relationship with Regina than anything...

Regardless, I think May's got more than enough self control (and love for Bern) to stick by her word, no matter who she's tempted with.

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • Me the 13th Duke of Wymbourne are they quite mad!
    • MSN Messenger - oddballsco@hotmail.co.uk
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - oddball24sco
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
« Reply #95 on: November 06, 2009, 09:28:34 am »
Thing is how would we know when normal service resumed?  :'( :'( :'(
What good is dreaming it if you don't actually do it?.

JewelOfSong

« Reply #96 on: November 06, 2009, 09:46:03 am »
I remember what Maytag said to Shepherd: when she sets her mind to something, she does it. And she never cracks.

Even though hooking up with Regina must be tempting for May - especially in light of what happened at the end of Book 0 (her admitting that she was starting to have feelings she shouldn't have for Regina and even kissing her when she thought Regina was passed out... also, Regina is blushing when May kisses her - looking back, it's obvious she was pretending to be passed out) - she really doesn't want to hurt Bernadette anymore. She won't give in to temptation.

CrystalDragonSpaceMarine

• Eternal Lover
  • Show me your enemies.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #97 on: November 06, 2009, 11:10:16 am »
Hmm...my, Regina's developed a bit.

parameciumkid

• Kinky
  • http://helia.heliohost.org
    • AOL Instant Messenger - parameciumkid
    • View Profile
    • Helia - The Girl in the Yellow Dress
« Reply #98 on: November 06, 2009, 01:55:37 pm »
So on a less than serious note, all I have to say about today's comic is "BOOBAGE OVERLOAD!"
Hi.
I've been out for two years, so warn me if I act like I missed something obvious. ^^;

...oh, and to anyone who missed me, I'm open to hugs, kisses, and intense tearful cuddles.

akashayi

« Reply #99 on: November 06, 2009, 02:06:34 pm »
I remember what Maytag said to Shepherd: when she sets her mind to something, she does it. And she never cracks.

I was remembering the same thing.

No one beats May when it comes to force of will, when she applies it.

Xshu

« Reply #100 on: November 06, 2009, 02:17:34 pm »
This page is made of all kinds of epic win. Epic, epic win.

Also, the last frame is so deadpan and awkward that it made me laugh.

Also also, Regina trying to go for it even after hearing Maytag say she loves Bernadette? Not cool.

Tropico

« Reply #101 on: November 06, 2009, 04:06:58 pm »
Hahah... Denied! And by the usually-polite-about-it Maytag, too. Gotta sting.

I wonder if we can look forward to Regina becoming an antagonist over this (assuming it isn't an illusion-test of some kind).
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 04:08:52 pm by Tropico »

dg86

• Slave Groupie
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 06, 2009, 06:02:44 pm »
I'm assuming it is exactly that.  If this is the real Regina without a spell on her, this is a massive case of character derailment/bad writing.  I mean in one case Regina was this shy straight girl, and now she's become a bisexual sex-starved rapist?

O RLY?

Abstract Vagabond

« Reply #103 on: November 06, 2009, 06:43:37 pm »
And Regina gets cockblocked.

Wait. That doesn't sound right.

SparcMan

• Slave Groupie
    • View Profile
    • SparcMan's World
    • Email
« Reply #104 on: November 06, 2009, 07:44:12 pm »
OMG Wow! Hawtness!.

Anyways. My guess at the plot is this: Willingness for sex is kind of May's weakness right? Spa scene = ability to resist magical temptation, Regina = ability to test emotional temptation. I wonder what the next "test" might be if there is one?

Tropico

« Reply #105 on: November 06, 2009, 08:06:49 pm »

Lol, actually it sounds strangely appropriate...

As to the character being broken, I don't see it. It's very easy for a young person to fantasize and become infatuated with someone they haven't seen in a long time. Then if they actually try to act on that infatuation when that person comes back into their lives, they can come off as creepy and crazy without realizing it.

For the "rapist" thing, obviously nothing of the kind so far; it's just a very clumsy and awkward attempt at seduction, which is exactly what you would expect from someone so completely inexperienced and naive like Regina. Anyone past a certain age will have some experience like that sooner or later.

Now, if she keeps pushing it after May has told her no, then that would be something else, but so far? Perfectly within reason. Far from "bad writing", I find it to be pretty savvy and spot-on to how someone like Regina would act in trying to seduce somebody, without knowing the first thing about it or having a clue what she's doing.

Actually, the one puzzling me right now is Maytag, who is usually so kind and understanding about this stuff, and now she's all "SORRY NO, HERE'S A HAND IN YOUR FACE, BOOM." What's up, May :-\

Of course, it could still all be an illusion. But not like "OMG it HAS to be!!" It could be either, I think.

CrystalDragonSpaceMarine

• Eternal Lover
  • Show me your enemies.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #106 on: November 06, 2009, 08:36:02 pm »

Actually, that's just what this comic needs.

crazy_razor

• Slave Groupie
  • i feel like i can dream, too.
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Email
« Reply #107 on: November 06, 2009, 09:40:34 pm »
How long has it been approximately since Regina and Maytag have seen each other?

Also lol at the last panel. The next time I reject anyone for anything I'm just putting my entire palm on their face.

Rava

« Reply #108 on: November 07, 2009, 01:21:13 am »
I can honestly say that all of JewelOfSong's arguments are very valid...

However

If this is the real Regina she must be a pretty powerful sorceress by now... insecurity, lack of self confidence & intimacy issues kept her from becoming level 2 before. Clearly she's gotten past all that if this is really her.. .I wonder if she's even managed to become level 3? I would love it if she's somehow managed to become even stronger than Moss.

This really is strange. So far, all fits Regina... but what with her insecurities and intimacy issues.
It could still be aq plot and the rogue castle guys now all their skills in mind reading (Regina's mind) and playing tricks (disguised as Regina and on Maytag...)

When it's really Regina (all kudos to Jewel then  :-* ) I hope we get good background info of how Regina plausible was able to change in such a short time.

And: No, just realizing that "she is not bi, but only lesbian" is not plausible...  :P ;)

I was remembering the same thing.
No one beats May when it comes to force of will, when she applies it.

*nod nod* And we all remember that being easy and having affairs was quite important for her (due to some inner conflict, sure)
So, now being able and stand up for her one love shows that Maitag got lots of more strength...

I wonder if we can look forward to Regina becoming an antagonist over this (assuming it isn't an illusion-test of some kind).

Good thing is: the readers would win with every path from now on...
When Regina joins the rogues (as I call them) she would be - at least for some time) indeed be an antagonist...

Of course, it could still all be an illusion. But not like "OMG it HAS to be!!" It could be either, I think.

That is what this comic makes so great. That you cannot be 100% sure about such details. That's what good storytelling and characters are all about.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 01:34:17 am by Rava »

UmberIsSexy

• Erotic
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 07, 2009, 04:10:35 am »
Hi Rava Welcome to the forum!

So I think the palm in face move is necessary for May at this juncture.  Even though she's got the willpower she needs, I'm sure all the kissing has got her somewhat turned on.  I mean, she does have the anime sex blush going on...

SAGG

• Red Light Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 07, 2009, 05:21:15 am »
This page is made of all kinds of epic win. Epic, epic win.

Also, the last frame is so deadpan and awkward that it made me laugh.

Also also, Regina trying to go for it even after hearing Maytag say she loves Bernadette? Not cool.

Which would confirm to me that this isn't Regina. She would not continue to keep trying to pressure May like this. I'm going to go out on a limb and believe this is obviously a test. If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong....

Rava

« Reply #111 on: November 07, 2009, 06:40:51 am »
Hi Rava Welcome to the forum!

Thanks.  :)

So I think the palm in face move is necessary for May at this juncture.  Even though she's got the willpower she needs, I'm sure all the kissing has got her somewhat turned on.  I mean, she does have the anime sex blush going on...

I also think it was necessary, she already made obvious she doesn't want the kissing, and all Regina did was undressing to push it even further.
No, her hand in the face was needed, and folks remember, she only got one arm, so she cannot just hold Regina by her shoulders to shake her to reason...

Which would confirm to me that this isn't Regina. She would not continue to keep trying to pressure May like this. I'm going to go out on a limb and believe this is obviously a test. If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong....

Like I already said: It could be a test by the creeps...
But still it is an believable reaction of an inexperienced emotionally overwhelmed young person, just like Tropico pointed out above.

Foof

« Reply #112 on: November 07, 2009, 02:16:22 pm »
After all this time away from Maytag, her feelings for could have pent up to have her react this way.  Besides, get a shy chick horny and God knows what will happen.  The shy ones are--some of--the naughtiest.  ;)

Rava

« Reply #113 on: November 07, 2009, 03:44:01 pm »
^ It is said so for shy guys as well, but that could also end in not so pleasant ... experiences for the other person involved, but I digress..

Anyhow, back on topic, I for now think it's really Regina...

Tropico

« Reply #114 on: November 08, 2009, 12:22:19 pm »
Any time I see someone's tits I uncontrollably have to lunge at them for sex.  It's just the most intimate thing ever.
Sorry, I couldn't hear you over the sound of furious fapping over this comic page.
Tits just make me so... you know.  Hard.  With my ten inch boner.

----

But in all seriousness? I adore the particular 'deformations' of May's skin in the first panel.  The way her breast lies is great.  Now, her back is a little bit long, but that breast and the fold of fat beneath it, yeah, that's just... that's just awesome.

Oh, also, her arm is coming out of her neck.  There's nothing suggesting her shoulder is that hiked up, as then we could clearly see the far breast and that side of the clavicle.
I meant it for the first panel, but now that I look at it, the last panel has the same thing.  Needs some far definition or shoulder repositioning.

...eh?????

... wow... you're just floating along in your own little world, aren't you ???

Good luck at the Unintelligible Monologue Awards, though.

Shay

• Collared Pet
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 08, 2009, 06:19:24 pm »
It took about three months for Bloody Mary to turn from an innocent girl into a heartless killer. So, given that it's been a little over six months since we've seen Regina... maybe that's more than enough time for her to make a drastic change as well?

crazy_razor

• Slave Groupie
  • i feel like i can dream, too.
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Email
« Reply #116 on: November 09, 2009, 09:11:14 am »
This was probably answered years and years ago but I've always wondered- what the hell is up with that dent in Regina's hair?

JewelOfSong

« Reply #117 on: November 09, 2009, 10:07:41 am »
Okay, well, I was wrong about this being the real Regina. Seems Maytag is way more perceptive than I am, which isn't very surprising. I'd totally fail these tests. D:

Trombonefellow

• Rose Petal Acolyte
  • Push Ki
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Trombonefellow
    • View Profile
    • Twilight Key
    • Email
« Reply #118 on: November 09, 2009, 10:14:01 am »
Heh, knew it!
I have a boner...*plays a song*

Foof

« Reply #119 on: November 09, 2009, 11:18:11 am »
Wow, these girls are good at mind reading.  And they *really* want to have sex with her. o__o  Not that I can blame them, but wow are they persistent!