Author Topic: Chapter 23: Discussion  (Read 109770 times)

Hans

• Rose Petal Acolyte
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Chapter 23: Discussion
« Reply #60 on: November 02, 2009, 08:55:26 am »
Now, this is definately something Moss could not have provided. Apart from some rare chances on mind reading, this has to be Regina now.

<paranoia mode>
Moss did not go to meet his uncle, instead he stalked Maytag to find something he could use later. He has seen and heared everything.
</paranoia mode>

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • Me the 13th Duke of Wymbourne are they quite mad!
    • MSN Messenger - oddballsco@hotmail.co.uk
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - oddball24sco
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: November 02, 2009, 09:35:59 am »
YAY!! I knew it, I bloddy welll knew it.......now give me my gold star for getting it!!  ;D ;D ;D
What good is dreaming it if you don't actually do it?.

Kiran

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 02, 2009, 10:31:07 am »
I didn't expect that, so this is real Regina.
...now we only need Bern now to walk in,drama :P
I doubt Bern would be in a mood for threesome ;)

Foof

« Reply #63 on: November 02, 2009, 11:40:47 am »
Ho' shit!

akashayi

« Reply #64 on: November 02, 2009, 02:39:21 pm »
That was....

...unexpected.

CrystalDragonSpaceMarine

• Eternal Lover
  • Show me your enemies.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #65 on: November 02, 2009, 02:43:47 pm »
So, getting kissed by a girl turns you lesbian!

akashayi

« Reply #66 on: November 02, 2009, 02:49:19 pm »
Well yes, if they're up against my patented "open mouth swirly-go-roundâ„¢". ;P

CrystalDragonSpaceMarine

• Eternal Lover
  • Show me your enemies.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: November 02, 2009, 02:51:50 pm »
Well yes, if they're up against my patented "open mouth swirly-go-roundâ„¢". ;P

Ma3 ref ftw.

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • MSN Messenger - charles_wilkinson@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: November 02, 2009, 03:02:00 pm »
That really is a bloody great comic.  Anyone who loves flipside would love Manage3

Hmmm, if they've read her mind then they'd know about her relationship with Bern which would play on this nicely.  It's no-doubt going to be hard for Maytag if this is real to have someone like Regina who she really cares for, lusting after her.

In every way this just feels like she's been tested again.  Maytag has an uncanny ability to read body language and notice subtle changes in people.  You'd think she could tell if Regina was awake or not, plus it just seems odd for her to suddenly decide she's bisexual and be lusting after Maytag all this time but never chasing up on it.

Not to mention that Bern's not there by Maytag's side.  *groan* too much mindfucking!
CLAN OF THE CATS IS MAKING A COMEBACK! JUNE 8th.  BE THERE!

RoninAngel

• Eternal Lover
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #69 on: November 02, 2009, 03:35:33 pm »
fuck.
She might not be an illusion after all...
AWKWARD!  :o

And Yes. I frequently post on those message boards too. I am a fan. The "Didi randomly jumping Gary's bones" storyline was so, so, because of the tease factor but usually that comic doesn't disappoint.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 03:39:06 pm by RoninAngel »
I got 99 problems but a nymphomaniac jester girl ain't one.

CrystalDragonSpaceMarine

• Eternal Lover
  • Show me your enemies.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #70 on: November 02, 2009, 05:09:44 pm »
fuck.
She might not be an illusion after all...
AWKWARD!  :o

And Yes. I frequently post on those message boards too. I am a fan. The "Didi randomly jumping Gary's bones" storyline was so, so, because of the tease factor but usually that comic doesn't disappoint.

Really, though, did anyone expect that to end with Gary actually getting laid?

Anyways, wow, way to hijack the thread guys.  :P

Kamui

• Tender Young Virgin
    • MSN Messenger - kamuihyuga@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #71 on: November 02, 2009, 05:22:24 pm »
Jeez, it really is true, http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ColdTurkeysAreEverywhere.  I wonder what "Regina's" reply will be when May tells her that she's now a monogamist.

xain

« Reply #72 on: November 03, 2009, 01:25:48 pm »
Is it bad that my jaw dropped?  I thought her and Lucien were such a cute couple!

But if Regina's working for Danzig...is he really bad?  Or is she just naive?  If he's really a good guy, he's awful at his first impressions.
"We're the good guys. MU HA HA HA HA HAAA!"
I can't say for sure but i think Danzig might really be the good guy if he was really so incredibly evil wouldn't moss have been tripped off somehow by his eyes

Xekstrin

« Reply #73 on: November 03, 2009, 01:32:06 pm »

No, getting kissed by Maytag makes you a lesbian.

Darque

• Tender Young Virgin
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #74 on: November 03, 2009, 02:01:46 pm »
(Looks at the latest page)

:'(

This is either a very convincing illusion, or there's a very good reason why she and Lucient didn't stay together  ;)

The early bird is flying solo and will probably be killed by the earlier cat.

Confidence is that warm, fuzzy feeling you get before you comprehend the situation.

parameciumkid

• Kinky
  • http://helia.heliohost.org
    • AOL Instant Messenger - parameciumkid
    • View Profile
    • Helia - The Girl in the Yellow Dress
« Reply #75 on: November 03, 2009, 06:24:37 pm »
It's like how being kissed by a mermaid makes you able to breathe underwater, except the "mermaid" is Maytag and "breathing underwater" is being lesbian. Maybe it's cuz she's so sexy that anyone she kisses has their sexual preferences changed to be compatible with loving her.
Hi.
I've been out for two years, so warn me if I act like I missed something obvious. ^^;

...oh, and to anyone who missed me, I'm open to hugs, kisses, and intense tearful cuddles.

CrystalDragonSpaceMarine

• Eternal Lover
  • Show me your enemies.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #76 on: November 03, 2009, 09:47:01 pm »
Maytag is the incarnation of the goddess of sex, who saved humanity having an orgy with every demon in the Vorpal Sea...and then had to be reborn on earth.

JewelOfSong

« Reply #77 on: November 04, 2009, 09:55:24 am »
I just re-read the last handful of chapters of Book 0 in light of what's happening here in Chapter 23. Regina did get awfully attached to Maytag, and even after she hooked up with Lucient, she was much more affectionate toward May. She worried about her openly, and that clearly bothered Lucient. Perhaps Regina's feelings for Maytag were what drove her and Lucient apart.

One thing struck me about May and Regina's night on the town. I remember Regina used to hurt herself to get Lucient's attention... well, when May was busy listening to the amorous couple in the booth next to theirs, Regina appeared to pass out drunk. May looks at the bottle and is like, when did you drink all that?! I wonder if Regina wasn't just putting on an act so that Maytag would take care of her? So she could be close to her?

Moss has said that Maytag's weakness is her promiscuity. I wonder now if Regina knows that May is with Bern (or even if she cares). It's unclear if she actually saw what happened in the tub or if was just told about it. But it seems to me that Regina's feelings are genuine... this could be a test for Maytag on many levels, not just the one Danzig and co. might have in store for her.

Emp_Dragon

• Harem Master
  • Submit to the power of Sam
    • MSN Messenger - erik.arteus@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 04, 2009, 11:30:46 am »
It's like how being kissed by a mermaid makes you able to breathe underwater, except the "mermaid" is Maytag and "breathing underwater" is being lesbian. Maybe it's cuz she's so sexy that anyone she kisses has their sexual preferences changed to be compatible with loving her.
In that case I'd say kissing May enchants you to be bisexual if you aren't already a heterosexual male.

akashayi

« Reply #79 on: November 04, 2009, 12:08:56 pm »
Well, I'm hoping that kissing May enchants you to be bisexual even if you are a heterosexual male XD

...This set of events is super interesting though. Damn it Friday, come swiftly.

Emp_Dragon

• Harem Master
  • Submit to the power of Sam
    • MSN Messenger - erik.arteus@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 04, 2009, 12:10:59 pm »
You Really would enjoy watching the consequences of that wouldn't you? ;)

And I agree... Make it Friday already! (or maybe donate a few hundred) :P

Kiran

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 04, 2009, 12:14:01 pm »
I'm lost...
Well let's see where this ride will take us.

Xshu

« Reply #82 on: November 04, 2009, 12:20:28 pm »
In that case I'd say kissing May enchants you to be bisexual if you aren't already a heterosexual male.
Or if you aren't already a homosexual female. Unless a magic hot-tub is involved, apparently.

Anyways, I'm still making the call that this isn't the real Regina. Or that if it is, she's under a spell. You get a certain amount of leeway when it comes to giving characters new traits when you reintroduce them after a long time, but really now. "I left my boyfriend, I'm bisexual, I'm in love with you even though we haven't spoken in forever, and I want to have sex with you right now even though I was nothing like that last time we spoke. Oh, and now I work for the Thin Man." is kind of pushing it.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 12:53:10 pm by Xshu »

JewelOfSong

« Reply #83 on: November 04, 2009, 01:21:45 pm »
Anyways, I'm still making the call that this isn't the real Regina. Or that if it is, she's under a spell. You get a certain amount of leeway when it comes to giving characters new traits when you reintroduce them after a long time, but really now. "I left my boyfriend, I'm bisexual, I'm in love with you even though we haven't spoken in forever, and I want to have sex with you right now even though I was nothing like that last time we spoke. Oh, and now I work for the Thin Man." is kind of pushing it.

I don't think this is an illusion - I believe this is the real Regina. I really don't think it's that much of a stretch to see Regina acting this way towards Maytag based on what we saw in Book 0. She obviously cared very deeply about May (also look at Lucient's reaction):

http://www.flipsidecomics.com/comic/book0/fs19pg11.html

She was very affectionate toward Maytag, and May was often reminding her that that sort of affection is what she should be showing to Lucient.

http://www.flipsidecomics.com/comic/book0/fs26pg14.html

In many ways, Regina was naive about romantic relationships, but she's probably figured some things out since we last saw her. Things with Lucient seemed tense at times, especially in the later chapters of Book 0.

http://www.flipsidecomics.com/comic/book0/fs24pg02.html

Maybe it was because Lucient was grieving, or maybe he was jealous over how freely Regina showed affection toward Maytag, saying she loved her. Perhaps that pushed Regina towards really looking at her own feelings and discovering her heart lay with May.

CrystalDragonSpaceMarine

• Eternal Lover
  • Show me your enemies.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: November 04, 2009, 01:24:38 pm »
So yeah. Regina suddenly become a psycho lesbian rapist!

Well, I'm hoping that kissing May enchants you to be bisexual even if you are a heterosexual male XD

...This set of events is super interesting though. Damn it Friday, come swiftly.

If by "bisexual" you mean "having sex with two women at once" then yes, totally.

Trombonefellow

• Rose Petal Acolyte
  • Push Ki
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Trombonefellow
    • View Profile
    • Twilight Key
    • Email
« Reply #85 on: November 04, 2009, 04:22:52 pm »
Hmm, not ready to rule out this may be an illusion.

What if they used the mind reading thing, on Maytag?
(The one she suggested they use on Bloody Mary to find about the "Thin Man".)

My Theory:
They did, and used her memory to develop another test for her to take alone, without Bern the result may change.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 04:26:48 pm by Trombonefellow »
I have a boner...*plays a song*

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #86 on: November 04, 2009, 04:39:24 pm »
DAMN!

One thing struck me about May and Regina's night on the town. I remember Regina used to hurt herself to get Lucient's attention... well, when May was busy listening to the amorous couple in the booth next to theirs, Regina appeared to pass out drunk. May looks at the bottle and is like, when did you drink all that?! I wonder if Regina wasn't just putting on an act so that Maytag would take care of her? So she could be close to her?

Thats actually a good point. So she got drunk, or pretended to be drunk so she'd get attention from Maytag.

Then again, maybe Maytag has her own curse that makes her and anyone she kisses Bi-sexual *LOL*

Xekstrin

« Reply #87 on: November 04, 2009, 04:52:26 pm »
Or if you aren't already a homosexual female. Unless a magic hot-tub is involved, apparently.

Well, I was always under the impression that Regina was just a little repressed, but once Maytag started getting to her she started loosening up. After the first kiss with Lucient, she was all, "Then I bit him and he didn't want to anymore :( "

Sidralma

• Slave Groupie
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 05, 2009, 02:10:26 pm »
If this is the real Regina she must be a pretty powerful sorceress by now... insecurity, lack of self confidence & intimacy issues kept her from becoming level 2 before. Clearly she's gotten past all that if this is really her.. .I wonder if she's even managed to become level 3? I would love it if she's somehow managed to become even stronger than Moss.
We're all living in Plato's cave, and we've papered the walls with fictions.

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #89 on: November 05, 2009, 04:06:57 pm »
Actually, that raises a good point.  Breaking the seals for magick seem to revolve heavily around either overcoming emotions or getting in touch with them better.

Hmmm, is it just me or do all the high-level male sorcerers seem to be cold fish while the high-level female sorcerers are all quite emotional?

Qtalda is the only female sorceress who seems to have her emotions well locked down while Danzig seems the complete opposite... Just a significant difference to note between the two... I'm not sure what level Glyph is but he's probably quite high as well so *shrug*