Author Topic: Chapter 23: Discussion  (Read 109834 times)

Hans

• Rose Petal Acolyte
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Chapter 23: Discussion
« Reply #360 on: January 15, 2010, 04:53:12 am »
Argh, who the hell is danzig again?
Danzig is the Frank N Further of this B&B house.

JewelOfSong

« Reply #361 on: January 15, 2010, 10:51:30 am »
Maytag's getting pretty upset about Moss's condition for helping her. I wonder if she's starting to feel some stress over this whole ordeal. Even if Moss isn't purposefully testing Maytag at this point and is truly looking for sexual gratification, after what happened in the tub and with Fata, this has got to not only testing her "weakness" but also increasing her concern over Bern and the others' wellbeing.

akashayi

« Reply #362 on: January 15, 2010, 11:02:07 am »
Aw man, and here I was still hoping May and Moss would go to a bar and check out people's weaknesses.

Foof

« Reply #363 on: January 15, 2010, 02:04:27 pm »
Wow, Maytag turns into a One-Woman-Woman and suddenly all the badguys wanna get with her.  I wonder if having sex with May has something to do with what they're doing, or if they're just trying to break her by exploiting her weakness.  Moss isn't incapable of cruelty, I could see him being a total jerk about this and just making her feel awful if she doesn't agree.  Even if May did save his life, that doesn't necessarily stop someone from being an ass.

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • MSN Messenger - charles_wilkinson@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #364 on: January 15, 2010, 02:58:37 pm »
hmmm, well now Moss is aware of the relationship between Bern and May.  He saw Bern's weakness was her homosexuality before but that might not be the case anymore now that Bern's come out of the closet.

Still... If Moss sticks to his guns, I wonder what Maytag will do.  She's been threatened with rape before and figured it no big deal to get boned instead of tortured or killed.  Heck, she's been willing to cut off her own breasts to diffuse a situation before and save Bern so having sex with someone to save her is no big deal except for the promise shes now made... But then we've also seen that Maytag doesn't regard a promise as a guarantee.

Tough one, but if it comes to the crunch I think May will screw him and be done with it to save the others.  Of course, that'll seriously strain her relationship with Bern... even more so if she lies about it or doesn't tell her.
CLAN OF THE CATS IS MAKING A COMEBACK! JUNE 8th.  BE THERE!

akashayi

« Reply #365 on: January 15, 2010, 03:03:59 pm »
Correction, he saw May's weakness was her promiscuity, not her homosexuality. :P
http://www.flipsidecomics.com/comic/book0/fs22pg15.html

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #366 on: January 15, 2010, 03:10:39 pm »
Correction, he saw May's weakness was her promiscuity, not her homosexuality. :P

I didn't say "May's" weakness.  Homosexuality was apparently Bern's weakness (He said so in his interview).  But possibly not anymore now that she's out of the closet.

akashayi

« Reply #367 on: January 15, 2010, 03:14:37 pm »

I didn't say "May's" weakness.  Homosexuality was apparently Bern's weakness (He said so in his interview).  But possibly not anymore now that she's out of the closet.

oh
OH. damn it, reading too fast/too distracted today :P

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • Me the 13th Duke of Wymbourne are they quite mad!
    • MSN Messenger - oddballsco@hotmail.co.uk
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - oddball24sco
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
« Reply #368 on: January 15, 2010, 03:20:15 pm »
Well looks like May will be staying in the Cooler longer than the standard two weeks  :-\
What good is dreaming it if you don't actually do it?.

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #369 on: January 15, 2010, 03:47:01 pm »
oh
OH. damn it, reading too fast/too distracted today :P

...dare I ask what could distract you from flipside?

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • Me the 13th Duke of Wymbourne are they quite mad!
    • MSN Messenger - oddballsco@hotmail.co.uk
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - oddball24sco
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
« Reply #370 on: January 15, 2010, 03:57:03 pm »
I'll give you three guesses Charles and the first two dont count lol
What good is dreaming it if you don't actually do it?.

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #371 on: January 15, 2010, 04:53:16 pm »
Guess 1: Chi and Bast
Guess 2: Catching your reflection and bathing in self awesomeness for a moment.
Guess 3: A sound from a dark corner that could have been Bloody Mary

CrystalDragonSpaceMarine

• Eternal Lover
  • Show me your enemies.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #372 on: January 15, 2010, 08:59:53 pm »
I bet Moss gets off on extorting sex from people.

Couldn't you see that? Goes out to town, picks the hottest girl, and blackmails her with her weakness.

Foof

« Reply #373 on: January 16, 2010, 12:12:02 am »
I...could see that as a Moss thing, Crystal.  He does seem to enjoy making people suffer.

Kiran

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: January 16, 2010, 04:27:12 am »
If Moss is a total jerk, I can see him sleeping with May, and then he would leave her locked up there...

That would be mean, but I suppose he is capable of it, since I'm really doubtful he would make May free with all his other companions and uncle and that shortie kid around, he's not a man who would shot himself in the back willingly.

rachel12

« Reply #375 on: January 16, 2010, 04:36:41 pm »
It just surprises me that more people are not guessing that Moss, is working with Maytag's captures. I mean the first one tries to get her to have sex and she refuses, so pop, in a jail and lo and behold, Moss is there saying that he'll help her escape if she'll have sex with him.

two plus two still equals four..and this is either an impostor or Moss is working with them

Rava

« Reply #376 on: January 17, 2010, 04:17:31 pm »
Maytag's getting pretty upset about Moss's condition for helping her. I wonder if she's starting to feel some stress over this whole ordeal. Even if Moss isn't purposefully testing Maytag at this point and is truly looking for sexual gratification, after what happened in the tub and with Fata, this has got to not only testing her "weakness" but also increasing her concern over Bern and the others' wellbeing.

Well, or it is just Moss and his fucked up self...  :'(

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #377 on: January 17, 2010, 05:24:55 pm »
hmmm, she pretty much saved his life after he gave her the equivalent pain of her fingernails being ripped off and eyes exploding or some such thing... I'm pretty sure she should be able to call in the favor.  But I guess she's not exactly in a bargaining position to argue too much.

Moss is taking a fair risk if he's really going to help her.  They could read Maytag's memories if she fails to escape and easily work out that it was Moss who assisted.  Plus it seems like they're 1. dangerous and 2. he's got a pretty good thing going.

If we presume it was his uncle who wanted those notes on the 4th level of sorcery then I guess this is still all closely tied to that investigation.

The other thing that still bugs me are the chances that this group just happened to stop the group with Maytag in it.  I'm still thinking Moss might have told them about her and it may have been orchestrated.  Heck, we still don't know exactly what Shepherd was doing in that bar with Bern and Maytag.

JewelOfSong

« Reply #378 on: January 18, 2010, 10:13:58 am »
You know, I remember reading in the Notebook section about Maytag that "she's *not* the sort of person you want to have as an enemy*... I wonder if Moss is about to become an enemy of May's and what she would do as a result.

I'm also really curious to know where Glyph is. Bern and Crest too, of course, but since Glyph is the one who decided to stop at the Bed & Breakfast, I wonder if he's somehow connected with them (although, it didn't seem like it last we saw him). We haven't seen him since he went off to get sandwiches.

Kiran

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: January 18, 2010, 10:31:22 am »
Hmm, May seems more stressed and desperate than at the moment when she was being eaten alive by Mary, cause despite everything she was in control then.
That's rather a bad sign.
I think she will break cause she knows she can't do anything now, and Bern is locked somewhere.
But still I think that Moss won't help her, even if she have sex with him.
I doubt they planned this all along to have them as recruits and then Moss would let them out.
Or that uncle told Moss to let Maytag out and bring her and he just screwing with her and us.
Or this is just another stupid test, damn I want my rational thinking May again.

JewelOfSong

« Reply #380 on: January 18, 2010, 10:50:15 am »
Hmm, May seems more stressed and desperate than at the moment when she was being eaten alive by Mary, cause despite everything she was in control then.
That's rather a bad sign.
I think she will break cause she knows she can't do anything now, and Bern is locked somewhere.
But still I think that Moss won't help her, even if she have sex with him.
I doubt they planned this all along to have them as recruits and then Moss would let them out.
Or that uncle told Moss to let Maytag out and bring her and he just screwing with her and us.
Or this is just another stupid test, damn I want my rational thinking May again.

Hmm... you know, when May was with Mary she had her suit on. May doesn't have her suit at the moment, therefore her submissive personality is dominating. I wonder if that factors in at all to how well she handles stressful situations.

Then again, the situations aren't the same. Maytag saw Mary as a victim - a victim of the people she is now imprisoned by. She doesn't know that they plan on trying to "recruit" them (whatever that would entail), she probably assumes that they're going to conduct experiments on not just her, but her friends. There's much more at stake here.

Foof

« Reply #381 on: January 18, 2010, 12:16:45 pm »
That's gratitude for you.  She saves his life after he tries to kill her, so to pay her back he fucks with her head.  And...tries to fuck with something else.  I'm wondering if she just might give in to save her friends.  She doesn't have her costume, so there goes her confidence.  Poor May.

Shay

• Collared Pet
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: January 18, 2010, 12:36:49 pm »
Maytag doesn't have her suit, but doesn't she still have her D-bag? If it's absorbed into her body, there's no reason to leave it somewhere just because she's taking a bath. And it seems like the type of the thing that would be difficult to remove from a person forcibly.

Kamui

• Tender Young Virgin
    • MSN Messenger - kamuihyuga@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #383 on: January 18, 2010, 12:40:40 pm »
I hope that Moss is doing this for a bigger reason than to screw with her head, I really do.  I hoped that he was going to be one of the good guys, and it'd be a shame to miss out on a new potential character to add to the Flipside protagonist team :/

Foof

« Reply #384 on: January 18, 2010, 12:49:24 pm »
Maytag doesn't have her suit, but doesn't she still have her D-bag? If it's absorbed into her body, there's no reason to leave it somewhere just because she's taking a bath. And it seems like the type of the thing that would be difficult to remove from a person forcibly.

Good point!  She should have some things in there to throw at him for being mean.  I don't think he's even going to help her.

Rava

« Reply #385 on: January 18, 2010, 01:18:45 pm »
Jewel, I just would love to see when Moss and the other jerks got beaten by Maitag...
I hope she refuses Moss-jerks "offer" :P

akashayi

« Reply #386 on: January 18, 2010, 01:22:19 pm »
May would be a lot better off in her suit right now, trying to negotiate in shy May mode probably wont work out so well for her :|

And Moss is acting right in line with his character, immature, sadistic and disconnected. Can't say it's a surprise, even if he's being a total douche. >.>

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #387 on: January 18, 2010, 01:34:40 pm »

Good point!  She should have some things in there to throw at him for being mean.  I don't think he's even going to help her.

Personally I suspect they've taken the D-Bags off them or suppressed the ability for Maytag and Suspira to use them.  Maytag has clothes in her D-Bag do she'd be dressed right now if she could call on it.

Hmmmm, If I were Maytag I'd stall for time.  She still doesn't know exactly what she's in for here or how bad the situation is.  It might not be that bad at all and Moss was just sent to release her anyway and is taking the opportunity to really be... well... Moss  :P

I think she needs to stall him for time, just say she needs to think about it, and otherwise try to squeeze more information out of him on whats going on and just how much danger her and the others are really in.  Hell, maybe demand that she speak to Bern, Suspira or Crest first.

SAGG

• Red Light Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: January 18, 2010, 02:10:20 pm »
I'm thinking this is a test for May, and she won't have sex with Moss, no matter what he says.

Foof

« Reply #389 on: January 18, 2010, 06:41:18 pm »

Personally I suspect they've taken the D-Bags off them or suppressed the ability for Maytag and Suspira to use them.  Maytag has clothes in her D-Bag do she'd be dressed right now if she could call on it.
Mm, good point.  They are pretty sneaky magic people.