Author Topic: Chapter 23: Discussion  (Read 109904 times)

crazy_razor

• Slave Groupie
  • i feel like i can dream, too.
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Email
Re: Chapter 23: Discussion
« Reply #270 on: December 02, 2009, 08:42:29 pm »
Hahaha, the folks in the Bed and Breakfast are like some kind of magic League of Evil- they've got the guy who can see weaknesses, a chick who can become anything she wants, and somebody who's good at making portals that confuse two teenagers for like five minutes.

Oh and those twins whose special ability so far is, uh, looking hot. Hell yeah.

And I want to draw Miss Morgana, I love her design! Ever since that intermission she showed up in.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 08:48:33 pm by crazy_razor »

CrystalDragonSpaceMarine

• Eternal Lover
  • Show me your enemies.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #271 on: December 03, 2009, 02:17:36 am »
She might just plain be asexual, too.

RoninAngel

• Eternal Lover
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #272 on: December 03, 2009, 12:10:18 pm »
Whatever. I find this conversation boring. Mostly because I don't understand how we are expected to trust anything this character says, given her huge amount of deceit in previous strips. It's probably another tactic to confuse or unbalance Maytag, and even if it isn't there's no reason why I should give two shits about what she thinks or feels, as she hasn't done anything to gain my sympathy or interest. Just another asshole sycophant of Danzig. Seeing as how casual he is about mental torture and kidnapping, anyone who works for him isn't going to earn my sympathy just because she is bored with sex::)  http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FreudianExcuse

It's a trap, Maytag! Gut her, find the others, and get the fuck out of here!
I got 99 problems but a nymphomaniac jester girl ain't one.

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • MSN Messenger - charles_wilkinson@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #273 on: December 03, 2009, 02:46:39 pm »
@RoninAngel: I agree it's another tactic.  I think she's tried to seduce Maytag, she's tried to get her argumentative about sex and now she's playing for sympathy which could work if you consider how Maytag reacted to Regina and Crest's problems with relationships, etc.

But our Maytag isn't so easily fooled and is probably a far greater manipulator than Fata could hope to be, despite all the advantages of being able to work of the memories she scanned from Maytag and manipulate the environment around her by will.
CLAN OF THE CATS IS MAKING A COMEBACK! JUNE 8th.  BE THERE!

9_6

« Reply #274 on: December 04, 2009, 02:26:27 am »
Maytag could make her enjoy sex
...if she was the old, cool maytag.
But noo, no more lesbian sex.
...just saying.
DON'T LOOK AT ME!

JewelOfSong

« Reply #275 on: December 04, 2009, 09:28:45 am »
...just saying.
DON'T LOOK AT ME!

There can still be lesbian sex... with Bern. ;)

Also, I'm not really sure Fata can have sex in her true form... she seems to be lacking anything below the waist.  :-\

JewelOfSong

« Reply #276 on: December 04, 2009, 10:51:42 am »
Nevermind, guess Fata's had plenty of sex if what she says is true. =P

Glad to see May getting serious, essentially saying, "enough of this crap, where are my friends?"

CrystalDragonSpaceMarine

• Eternal Lover
  • Show me your enemies.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #277 on: December 04, 2009, 11:19:08 am »
And spontaneously ripping off her clothing.

akashayi

« Reply #278 on: December 04, 2009, 11:48:55 am »
Does that mean it's back to shy May?

9_6

« Reply #279 on: December 04, 2009, 12:14:20 pm »
How can she rip illusion clothing off?
Or is the ripping off itself an illusion?
Will we see an illusion sex scene in the next page, disgustified by fata to get her point of sex being disgusting across?
Will may then experience sex as disgusting herself which would be in contrast to the character we know up until now?

Hmm, clairens tattoos affected men only, mary was betrayed by her boyfriend and fata just flat out hates sex.
...nope, makes no sense considering the motive of the thin man so far.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 12:22:17 pm by 9_6 »

CrystalDragonSpaceMarine

• Eternal Lover
  • Show me your enemies.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #280 on: December 04, 2009, 12:29:38 pm »
Does that mean it's back to shy May?

Maybe she'll leave her hat on.

akashayi

« Reply #281 on: December 04, 2009, 12:35:02 pm »
So the next page will be May in bed next to Fata, naked with but her hat on, smoking a cigarette.

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • Me the 13th Duke of Wymbourne are they quite mad!
    • MSN Messenger - oddballsco@hotmail.co.uk
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - oddball24sco
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
« Reply #282 on: December 04, 2009, 02:11:16 pm »
or May holding Fata up against a wall with a knife at her throat?
What good is dreaming it if you don't actually do it?.

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #283 on: December 04, 2009, 07:06:56 pm »
We still have no confirmation that these people really do work for or with the Thin Man or have anything to do with Bloody Mary.  We haven't seen Melter so... *shrug*

Hard to say what Maytag is up to.  She may have been testing the illusion by ripping the clothing given to her, or maybe she stood up too close to the table and it caught on that rather than her grabbing it with her arm and removing it.  But could easily be that she's about to get changed into her real costume or another set of clothes.

Hell, maybe she's figured out something about Fata and/or her missing waist and she's about to do something that either destroys her argument or gets her excited again *shrug*.  Maybe the act of getting changed will excite her, or the notion that she's found a woman she can't "have".

Xekstrin

« Reply #284 on: December 04, 2009, 10:18:38 pm »
...just saying.
DON'T LOOK AT ME!

I actually think Maytag is more interesting now as a character that she's struggling with her urges rather than following them willy nilly. While it may have been "cool" it certainly wasn't healthy and whatever happiness she she may have derived from it didn't seem to last very long. I like the new May who loves Bern with all her heart much better than the philanderer May.

As for the lastest bodice-ripping page... maybe she's trying to seduce Morgana somehow to further her goals/manipulate her into helping May/Something amazing we haven't thought of yet?

(There is something so familiar about her eyes.... I feel like I've seen them before, but not in anything Brion's drawn. GOD HOW AM I TURNED ON BY EYES ALONE?!)

Foof

« Reply #285 on: December 04, 2009, 10:25:05 pm »
Mm...my mistake, she's done it all.  No wonder she's bored, she's run out of things to do!

Kiran

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: December 05, 2009, 02:01:38 am »
Seeing this latest page, well I doubt May would now rip her clothes on purpose, it rather may be a sign that Fata's illusion is weakening when she has no control over individual, and from end of their conversation it seems that Fata lost to May.

I wonder if Fata's next move will be telling May her friends and Bern are dead giving her shock therapy with some nasty illusion to break her down if sex and talk didn't work.

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
« Reply #287 on: December 05, 2009, 07:06:50 am »
Mm...my mistake, she's done it all.  No wonder she's bored, she's run out of things to do!

But has she bungee jumped nekkie yet? or the Three Tops Challenge? huh has she?

Rava

« Reply #288 on: December 06, 2009, 07:01:49 pm »
lol, this Fata lady is ridiculous. Props to May for showing so much patience. I'd be rolling my eyes right now.

I so agree, I also probably would have rolled my eyes by now...

We know Maytag sometimes likes to start little projects on people.  Regina's shy love for Lucient and Crest's loss of composure around women.  Come across as someone who needs assistance and you could spark Maytag's interest in turning you into her next project and maybe get some pitty sex *LOL*

Pitty sex form Maytag? Nope, more of the lines of pitty eyes rolling, I say... :D

C'mon Fata, how can sex be boring for a girl like you?

Do you really take all what Fata Morgana says as face value?
Honestly, just remember her NAME!

@RoninAngel: I also agree on the "it's another tactic" idea...

We still have no confirmation that these people really do work for or with the Thin Man or have anything to do with Bloody Mary.  We haven't seen Melter so... *shrug*

Well, to me, the new guys are a threat as well, and not a minor one, for now it's not a main issue if they are with the thin man...

Hard to say what Maytag is up to.  She may have been testing the illusion by ripping the clothing given to her, or maybe she stood up too close to the table and it caught on that rather than her grabbing it with her arm and removing it.  But could easily be that she's about to get changed into her real costume or another set of clothes.

I think Fata for now is really genuine surprised, so I say it's Mai's doing, not Fata's. Be it on purpose or now, we hopefully see soon.

Hell, maybe she's figured out something about Fata and/or her missing waist and she's about to do something that either destroys her argument or gets her excited again *shrug*.  Maybe the act of getting changed will excite her, or the notion that she's found a woman she can't "have".

Oh the possibilities. :D
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 07:14:54 pm by Rava »

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
« Reply #289 on: December 07, 2009, 03:57:48 am »
For some reason I wnated to say at the end in a very bad 1940's film german accent "Ve hav vays of making you talk".

parameciumkid

• Kinky
  • http://helia.heliohost.org
    • AOL Instant Messenger - parameciumkid
    • View Profile
    • Helia - The Girl in the Yellow Dress
« Reply #290 on: December 07, 2009, 09:45:37 am »
Speaking on the subject of Fata's true form, I'm pretty sure she had legs when we first saw her.
Hi.
I've been out for two years, so warn me if I act like I missed something obvious. ^^;

...oh, and to anyone who missed me, I'm open to hugs, kisses, and intense tearful cuddles.

Foof

« Reply #291 on: December 07, 2009, 10:50:45 pm »

But has she bungee jumped nekkie yet? or the Three Tops Challenge? huh has she?

Maybe she has! :o She did say she has...*ahem* "tried every sex act".  This could pertain to mid-air intercourse while tied to a bungee cord :o

Rava

« Reply #292 on: December 08, 2009, 03:29:49 am »
For some reason I wnated to say at the end in a very bad 1940's film german accent "Ve hav vays of making you talk".
I know have the mental image of inserting that into any appropriate or inappropriate move / anime / cartoon / discussion, in a Pythonesque way.  ;D ;D :-*

"I am done with you for now, Maytag" and the "locked in separate cells" gives me the mental Image I had from the very beginnings of all the inhabitants of that castle...
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 03:33:06 am by Rava »

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
« Reply #293 on: December 08, 2009, 04:42:50 am »
"I shall only give name, rank and why the chicken crossed the road"  ;D

Jeyl

« Reply #294 on: December 09, 2009, 10:02:04 am »
Continuity Alert

Page 20 of Ch. 23 has MayTag with her complete left arm. I know you love that arm with all your might Brion, but it has to go.  :(
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 10:04:08 am by Jeyl »

akashayi

« Reply #295 on: December 09, 2009, 11:55:33 am »
I dunno, I've been thinking at some point during this ordeal they'll magic back on an arm for her.

Also, is that Melter? Must avoid making a FrankenMay!

Brion Foulke

• Administrator
  • Experimental
    • AOL Instant Messenger - flipsider99
    • View Profile
    • www.flipsidecomics.com
    • Email
« Reply #296 on: December 09, 2009, 10:10:51 pm »
Arm is fixed now.

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
« Reply #297 on: December 10, 2009, 12:08:31 am »
There is that voice again "Cooler two veeks!" now I want to watch The Great Escape.

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #298 on: December 10, 2009, 03:32:30 am »
Well, it's certainly looking like they all work with the Thin Man, now that Melter appears.

Of course, we still don't know who the Thin Man is, or if it's a cover for a group.  Danzig's comment that Crest had heard of him suggests that there really is a guy and that it's not Danzig, yet Fata's comment, as a Regina illusion, suggests Danzig does seem to be somewhat in charge or one of the main "researchers" into whatever they're investigating.

Whatever the case, these bastards certainly seem to be the ones responsible for turning Mary into Bloody Mary so it'll be interesting to see how we're supposed to feel any sympathy for them (although I still get the sense that they're all cursed).  Heck, maybe Mary joined them willingly then had the memory of it removed, but I doubt it considering they planted her back in her own home to kill her parents.

I'm trying to work out how Fata left the room.  I've never seen a spell for teleportation before (only those portals) and her presence seems to be required for her illusions to continue their existence, so if she was just creating an illusion of herself I'd have expected her to be outside, but no sign... And where the hell is Maytag anyway?

Oh the possibilities for Maytag.  It's hard to say if she still has her D-Bag but I'm guessing they wouldn't leave her with such an arsenal.  There's probabl some way to remove it and I'd say they've also removed Suspira's. Heck, they've read Maytag's mind, so they'd know she has one.

Rava

« Reply #299 on: December 10, 2009, 03:41:59 am »
"FrankenMay" *shivers at mental image*

I'm trying to work out how Fata left the room.  I've never seen a spell for teleportation before (only those portals) and her presence seems to be required for her illusions to continue their existence, so if she was just creating an illusion of herself I'd have expected her to be outside, but no sign... And where the hell is Maytag anyway?

The last panel of Ch 23 P 20 seems like Fata is able to "melt" through doors and walls, if that's her...