Author Topic: Chapter 23: Discussion  (Read 109908 times)

akashayi

Re: Chapter 23: Discussion
« Reply #150 on: November 11, 2009, 08:50:14 pm »
I started to think that about the doppletwins as well, that it is just one shapeshifting what not.

crazy_razor

• Slave Groupie
  • i feel like i can dream, too.
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Email
« Reply #151 on: November 11, 2009, 10:07:13 pm »
Read this while reading through the past months' stuff:
Maytag talking about how high-level sorcerers can read memories. Nothing too revealing, but~

Rava

« Reply #152 on: November 12, 2009, 01:31:26 am »
Maybe, although the twins (assuming it's one of them and not someone else with Maytag right now) seem to have the ability to read memories in addition to shapeshifting. Moss wouldn't even need to tell them anything. And he did see May and co coming into the Bed and Breakfast. He was spying on them, so he obviously saw May. I do think promiscuity still is May's weakness.

It seems like it, but she manages to fight, at least for now...

@crazy_razor:
Good find. Now, I cannot recall, but I think a shapeshifter is a high level sorcerer.

And I was right with one thing: All folks of that castle are creeps...
« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 01:34:48 am by Rava »

Razzly

• Erotic
  • Contrast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 13, 2009, 01:24:53 am »
Haa!

That's what i'm talking about. Way to go, May! <3
Winner of Brion Foulke's "cute little panda"-award.
"Mutta rukous on vain mutina tuulessa, ei sitä kukaan kuule..."

Pozf

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • What is a man?
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 13, 2009, 01:29:14 am »
This doppelganger isn't that bright, it would have had a way better chance to make itself into Bern and another person X and get May to do things.
All it would have to do is read Bern's memories too, as to get a grip on her personality, and have other person be all persuasive and what not.
'Science is on the march. Don't get in its way.'

Xshu

« Reply #155 on: November 13, 2009, 02:24:52 am »
I have never liked Maytag more.

Kiran

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 13, 2009, 02:35:33 am »
Somehow I'm proud of May now ;)
If you have monogamous relationship and you agreed on it, stick to it till the end.

Still I too wonder why that shapeshifter won't change into Bern plus Regina/Umber and then they would try to corrupt May into threesome like she always dreamed to try such things with Bern.

But we should remember that earlier test with "Glyph" and real charmed Bern failed, cause May knew Bern would not do such things willingly.

CrystalDragonSpaceMarine

• Eternal Lover
  • Show me your enemies.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #157 on: November 13, 2009, 07:41:16 am »
This doppelganger isn't that bright, it would have had a way better chance to make itself into Bern and another person X and get May to do things.
All it would have to do is read Bern's memories too, as to get a grip on her personality, and have other person be all persuasive and what not.

I think May would know something was up if Bern started being open to threesomes.

But yeah, "I'm bored". Way to show the burn, May.

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • Me the 13th Duke of Wymbourne are they quite mad!
    • MSN Messenger - oddballsco@hotmail.co.uk
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - oddball24sco
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
« Reply #158 on: November 13, 2009, 09:07:21 am »
HEHEHE May Blocked :P
What good is dreaming it if you don't actually do it?.

JewelOfSong

« Reply #159 on: November 13, 2009, 10:22:32 am »
Go Maytag! Great line, way to throw your wannabe seducer off their game.  ;D

Dragonizer

« Reply #160 on: November 13, 2009, 03:17:23 pm »
Oh man, May is so awesome.

parameciumkid

• Kinky
  • http://helia.heliohost.org
    • AOL Instant Messenger - parameciumkid
    • View Profile
    • Helia - The Girl in the Yellow Dress
« Reply #161 on: November 13, 2009, 06:49:38 pm »
So why is it that whenever a shape-shifting character turns up it has to have a "true" form? An amoeba doesn't have a true form... for all Maytag knows, this person has no true form and spends his/her whole life shaped like one person or another.
Hi.
I've been out for two years, so warn me if I act like I missed something obvious. ^^;

...oh, and to anyone who missed me, I'm open to hugs, kisses, and intense tearful cuddles.

Pozf

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • What is a man?
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 13, 2009, 07:05:52 pm »
A threesome using Bern isn't what I meant...

I meant if there really is the goal of getting Maytag to go into the "Dark Cell" using a stubborn Bern that gradually shows interest and then a final worried "Maybe you should do it"
'Science is on the march. Don't get in its way.'

Foof

« Reply #163 on: November 13, 2009, 08:23:00 pm »
Moss wouldn't need to say anything if only because they could read the memory of Moss telling Maytag her weakness. I wonder if Suit Maytag can keep them from reading memories...
Ah, you're right.  Didn't think about that.

CrystalDragonSpaceMarine

• Eternal Lover
  • Show me your enemies.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #164 on: November 13, 2009, 09:34:41 pm »
So why is it that whenever a shape-shifting character turns up it has to have a "true" form? An amoeba doesn't have a true form... for all Maytag knows, this person has no true form and spends his/her whole life shaped like one person or another.

Technically an amoeba's true form is an amorphous single cell.

Rava

« Reply #165 on: November 14, 2009, 12:59:49 am »
Go Maytag! Great line, way to throw your wannabe seducer off their game.  ;D

Really, especially with the *meh bored* facial expression...

Maytag wins in that indeed.  ;D :-*

When the shape shifter became one through magic, (s)he das a form prior being a shape shifter, so... :P

And I presume the shape shifter is one of the girls from the chapter title page...
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 01:06:59 am by Rava »

Kanazaka

• Hot Streaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 14, 2009, 10:21:59 am »
Denied  ;D!  Way to go, May!  Although I was secretly hoping for some hot sex  :D.

Rava

« Reply #167 on: November 14, 2009, 01:28:01 pm »
Denied  ;D!  Way to go, May!  Although I was secretly hoping for some hot sex  :D.

Oh we can still have that, with Maytag and her true love, that is...  ;D

Sidralma

• Slave Groupie
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 14, 2009, 03:26:57 pm »
Perhaps the reason that Bern isn't among the options overtly discussed is that this has been - as others have pointed out - a test to see if they can crack Maytag's biggest weakness. Granted, her feelings/commitment to Bern kinda counts as one but it seems like they really want her to be unfaithful. To have May break her resolve to be monogamous even in the face of her deep set desire to be otherwise. In that case pretending to be Bern wouldn't really accomplish that goal.
We're all living in Plato's cave, and we've papered the walls with fictions.

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • Me the 13th Duke of Wymbourne are they quite mad!
    • MSN Messenger - oddballsco@hotmail.co.uk
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - oddball24sco
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
« Reply #169 on: November 14, 2009, 05:00:48 pm »
Just a wild thought. would the "twins" try to copy Bern now?
What good is dreaming it if you don't actually do it?.

akashayi

« Reply #170 on: November 14, 2009, 09:55:14 pm »
May, you're fucking badass. Just saying.

Rava

« Reply #171 on: November 15, 2009, 06:44:46 am »
Perhaps the reason that Bern isn't among the options overtly discussed is that this has been - as others have pointed out - a test to see if they can crack Maytag's biggest weakness. Granted, her feelings/commitment to Bern kinda counts as one but it seems like they really want her to be unfaithful. To have May break her resolve to be monogamous even in the face of her deep set desire to be otherwise. In that case pretending to be Bern wouldn't really accomplish that goal.

That's how I see it as well, it's some kind of challenge. Eager awaiting what the motives for all that are (aside from the sex-wanting) and also if the shape shifter is one of the female twins...

Smiles

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • Easter is gonna be great!Heard he will Rise Again!
    • View Profile
    • AnimeCentral
    • Email
« Reply #172 on: November 15, 2009, 07:43:42 pm »
*Nods and grins smugly* v nice brion. i was wondering when it would get to that.

and to quote Monty Python's Holy Grail let's please do : "Get On With IT!" ;D
Just loving it! :-*
let's sit and chat a while and see if I don't make you smile .;)

Hexmann

« Reply #173 on: November 18, 2009, 08:22:25 am »
Maybe it's just me, but didn't Maytag somehow regenerated her lost arm in the last panel of page 12?

Hans

• Rose Petal Acolyte
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #174 on: November 18, 2009, 09:45:37 am »
I guess May is thinking about her jester suit in the last panel. She could need a boost right now.

This Morgana is an other experiment of the thin man?

RoninAngel

• Eternal Lover
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #175 on: November 18, 2009, 10:48:37 am »
Would you like some clothing?
DUH! ::)

We haven't seen her face but it looks like this person is a female after all.
I got 99 problems but a nymphomaniac jester girl ain't one.

Kiran

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 18, 2009, 12:04:41 pm »
Wasn't this new character shown in some older intermission as I recall?

Still I want to know what is going with others, especially Bern.
This room looks like a cell so we may assume others are locked up as not needed material somewhere else.

If this Fata Morgana can manipulate mind and create such powerful illusions as her name states then I wonder what was real from time our group entered this building and what was not.

Since she told that Glyph in the bath was illusion, but Bern and that other twin rather looked like real deal.
Or maybe everything from start was just happening in May's head when she was held in this room all the time, but that would not explain what Crest and Suspiria were doing earlier with Danzig.

I hope it will be explained in next few pages what was real and what's not.

Abstract Vagabond

« Reply #177 on: November 18, 2009, 03:12:32 pm »
Wasn't this new character shown in some older intermission as I recall?

Still I want to know what is going with others, especially Bern.
This room looks like a cell so we may assume others are locked up as not needed material somewhere else.

If this Fata Morgana can manipulate mind and create such powerful illusions as her name states then I wonder what was real from time our group entered this building and what was not.

Since she told that Glyph in the bath was illusion, but Bern and that other twin rather looked like real deal.
Or maybe everything from start was just happening in May's head when she was held in this room all the time, but that would not explain what Crest and Suspiria were doing earlier with Danzig.

I hope it will be explained in next few pages what was real and what's not.

Why yes. Yes, she was in an intermission.

http://www.flipsidecomics.com/comic.php?i=666

Given the page number, she must be pure evil.

Pure delicious evil. Yum.

parameciumkid

• Kinky
  • http://helia.heliohost.org
    • AOL Instant Messenger - parameciumkid
    • View Profile
    • Helia - The Girl in the Yellow Dress
« Reply #178 on: November 18, 2009, 07:48:23 pm »
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Fata Morgana's been introduced now!  :-* (luv her outfit)
But wait... that's the last of the unintroduced intermission characters... now who are we going to wonder about the identity of?
Guess Brion'll have to make up some new ones for the next intermission.
Hi.
I've been out for two years, so warn me if I act like I missed something obvious. ^^;

...oh, and to anyone who missed me, I'm open to hugs, kisses, and intense tearful cuddles.

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • MSN Messenger - charles_wilkinson@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #179 on: November 18, 2009, 11:34:33 pm »

That's how I see it as well, it's some kind of challenge. Eager awaiting what the motives for all that are (aside from the sex-wanting) and also if the shape shifter is one of the female twins...

And it's her weakness (as pointed out by Moss) that they seem intent on testing.

I'm thinking that all these people with Danzig are "cursed" much like Moss.  Escher, Fata Morgana, The Twins heck, maybe even the dog, Maximillian.

I'm betting thats why Fata's bottom half isn't showing.  Maybe she doesn't even have a true form, or her abilities stem from a curse which causes her other problems.  The interesting thing about her illusions seems to be that they are more real or solid. Heck if mental state is her speciality then maybe she just messes with people's perceptions.

P.S. anyone else note that although the apparently aren't nice enought to put them in the nice rooms instead of the dungeon?
CLAN OF THE CATS IS MAKING A COMEBACK! JUNE 8th.  BE THERE!