Author Topic: Chapter 20: Discussion (Part 2)  (Read 96332 times)

akashayi

Re: Chapter 20: Discussion (Part 2)
« Reply #330 on: April 08, 2009, 12:29:39 pm »
Eh, I'm not sure she's going to just give away all her secrets. I think the most likely outcome would be her telling Bern she loved her, so Bernadette would know for certain that it was the truth.

Xshu

« Reply #331 on: April 08, 2009, 01:30:29 pm »
There are alarms going off in my head about this page. Maytag is going to do something dramatic. I think she might break up with Bernadette. Just intuition talking.

erana

« Reply #332 on: April 08, 2009, 02:08:03 pm »
Page 29, I guess what May is about to do now is what I thought was gonna be Suspiria's big shock before Bern gave her a bigger shock. I thought back then that Suspiria was gonna ask Maytag if she planned to keep cheating on Bern. Armed with our reader's knowdledge of what May's answer would have been, I was bracing myself for Bern's surprised look. We found instead EVERYONE ELSE'S surprised look ;)

But certainly, having the "If I was already thinking that, now that I know all this I'm even MORE decided not to do it again" scene I guess we're about to get will be a very "aaaawwwwwww"-nish moment. Yep, I'm a romantic at heart. So sue me.

@Xshu, I don't think so: even if May wished to break up with Bern, she knows that doing so in such a melodramatic way would hurt her a lot, and we DO know that she'd rather maim herself that allow such harm to happen to Bern. If May wanted to break up with Bern, she would do so in a less emotionally hurting way. So unless Brion is pulling a VERY fast one on us, I guess the dramatic scene May is gonna perform is simply make "character knowdledge" what until now was only "reader's knowdledge". Oh, yes, and Crest's. We always forget him...

@Kiran: LOL  :D I'd rather think that, now that she knows that Bern knows, May *could* try to involve Bern in her flirting antics, (as in, it's not impossible that May would try to get Bern into a good threesome or two) ;) but would refrain from having fun on her own from now on.
May: "Bern, look at that cutie! Wouldn't you...?"
Bern: "Thanks but no, thanks, dear."
May: "Spoilsports. Well, you better compensate me for the loss tonight..."

RoninAngel

• Eternal Lover
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #333 on: April 08, 2009, 04:57:48 pm »
So if May would want to cheat now,she would have to ask Bern every time?
May: -Hey Bern I'm horny,can I mess around with someone?
Bern: -Yeah,dear,you may go,but remember to come back before 10.
May: - Ok,I'm going!

What's so wierd about that. I'll have you know that some people live like that and are perfectly happy.  :-\
I got 99 problems but a nymphomaniac jester girl ain't one.

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • MSN Messenger - charles_wilkinson@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #334 on: April 08, 2009, 09:19:23 pm »
Damn!  I can't tell where Maytag is going to take this.  I guess she almost doesn't trust herself.  I do understand the thought that she might break up and see that as something thats best for Bern and not hurting her in the long run.  I wonder if she will still wear the jester suit.

...And hey! I didn't know Suspira would be able to put out another Nagelring so soon.  I guess the truth part isn't very draining.  Maybe there's a little in the tank she couldn't reach while running two and forcing answers.
CLAN OF THE CATS IS MAKING A COMEBACK! JUNE 8th.  BE THERE!

Xshu

« Reply #335 on: April 09, 2009, 01:55:26 am »
What's so wierd about that. I'll have you know that some people live like that and are perfectly happy. 

What is up with you? You're so touchy lately.

RoninAngel

• Eternal Lover
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #336 on: April 09, 2009, 09:37:41 am »
Stop telling me to relax. I... am... perfectly... RELAXED!  >:(

I can't wait to see what's in the next comic. I bet Maytag has some juicy gossip for us!  :D

akashayi

« Reply #337 on: April 10, 2009, 11:42:08 am »
Woah. Maytag has a pretty serious look on her face in that last panel. Angry? Determined? About to pull a weasel out of her pants in conversation?

RoninAngel

• Eternal Lover
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #338 on: April 10, 2009, 11:48:07 am »
You're funny Akashayi!  :D

ACK! MORE STORY BLUE BALLS!  >:(

SPIT IT OUT ALREADY!  >:(

Great Job about maintianing the tention though, Brion!  :D
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 12:51:46 pm by RoninAngel »

LordKaT

« Reply #339 on: April 10, 2009, 12:11:38 pm »
And here comes the prerequisite weekend cliffhanger.

Brion Foulke

• Administrator
  • Experimental
    • AOL Instant Messenger - flipsider99
    • View Profile
    • www.flipsidecomics.com
    • Email
« Reply #340 on: April 10, 2009, 12:13:07 pm »
Sorry, gotta have a cliffhanger in between the books.  Besides, there's not enough page room left for her answer anyway!

Time for a short 4 page intermission, and then the story will continue next chapter!

LordKaT

« Reply #341 on: April 10, 2009, 12:38:46 pm »
You son of a bitch.

akashayi

« Reply #342 on: April 10, 2009, 12:40:01 pm »
Sadist. ;P

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #343 on: April 10, 2009, 01:24:29 pm »
*LOL* Cruelty incarnate.  ::)

But I guess it is the Easter break.

Yeah, very serious look in that last panel.  Not sure what to expect from Maytag but I'm not sure she took that "silly girl" statement too well.  Still... I can't tell if it's a look of determination or anger.

Whatever it is, she really wants it to be the truth, as much for herself I think.  They still have a couple of days travel to Eschelon, even if she does break it off.  One thing we know about Maytag is that she appears to be very sure of who she is, so if she thinks her "experimental" side is more than a phase, I guess she'll let her know.

Of course, it could just turn around that she'll promise to never cheat on her again.  Or she may believe that to not hurt Bern anymore she thinks she needs to leave her 'cos she can never be what Bern needs/wants her to be.  So many possibilities but whatever the case we know its not going to be a lie coming out of her mouth... Unless Suspira's really out of juice and she's just putting on a light show.

@Brion:  Will this intermission be part of this book 4 or the next book?

Xshu

« Reply #344 on: April 10, 2009, 01:30:01 pm »
Quote from: LordKaT
You son of a bitch.
It's what we were all thinking but wouldn't say. XD

Really though, it's a good cliffhanger.

akashayi

« Reply #345 on: April 10, 2009, 01:31:51 pm »
Hm. I think that you've got the right idea, Charles. I'm not sure she'll directly just break it off, but this is her chance to tell Bernadette that this is deeply part of who she is and not just a phase. No need to live a lie. That of course could lead to them breaking up, as Bernadette might reconsider her situation with that certainty.

But who knows. I guess we'll find out, once Brion's done tormenting us.

Brion Foulke

• Administrator
  • Experimental
    • AOL Instant Messenger - flipsider99
    • View Profile
    • www.flipsidecomics.com
    • Email
« Reply #346 on: April 10, 2009, 01:52:20 pm »
@Brion:  Will this intermission be part of this book 4 or the next book?

Most likely part of Book 4.  I'll probably need it to fill up some pages.

LordKaT

« Reply #347 on: April 10, 2009, 03:17:55 pm »
I can write a short story so you can fill up a couple of extra pages.

Kiran

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: April 11, 2009, 12:09:40 am »
Nah,no fun...
I rather expected that May would give us and Bern a shocker now,and then we would got a brake...
But's still angry/determined May is the best ;)
Bern,I love you,and only you but I know myself best and such behaviour for me is not a phase,I won't be able to change to meet yours expactations,so it's better to break it up now so I wouldn't hurt you again in future.
or
Bern,I love you,and only you,and I promise I will try to change myself,I won't cheat on you anymore,and I will try to become a partner like you want me to in time,cause I don't want you to suffer from my cheating habits anymore,like you did for these past years.
Seeing it like this I suppose May can go only in one of these directions,will she be able to change for Bern or not,heh now we just have to wait what Brion though off for real to see.

dg86

• Slave Groupie
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: April 11, 2009, 09:33:57 am »
Bern with "mascara" really looks better than without it.  I guess the thick lashes really do add wonders to people.

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #350 on: April 11, 2009, 10:33:25 pm »
I can write a short story so you can fill up a couple of extra pages.
I once suggested that Brion could have a competition for someone to write a 4-8 page script for an intermission.  Shadowgirls had the same thing for a short story (I got second place but the story for first deserved it).

Heck, I wouldn't mind seeing some of the better artists amongst us submit their own short stories in the art section... Actually I'm sure we had someone submit a flipside shortstory in the old forums somewhere... Has that been posted in the gallery?

EDIT:  FOUND IT: http://forum.failureverification.net/showthread.php?t=410
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 10:42:04 pm by charles »

akashayi

« Reply #351 on: April 12, 2009, 12:32:17 am »
Oh wow. How did I totally miss that before, Charles? (Or am I just forgetting. silly brain)

It'd be fun to have some guest intermissions sometimes, though :D