Author Topic: Emp's creative corner  (Read 23164 times)

Emp_Dragon

• Harem Master
  • Submit to the power of Sam
    • MSN Messenger - erik.arteus@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
Emp's creative corner
« on: August 29, 2009, 03:13:29 pm »
I felt an urge to post pictures of my miniatures, and I thought, why not here too?
After all, with so many other artists in here, I might even get useful suggestions for future projects :)

So, Here it goes:

A transport tank and two troopers in the two final stages of painting before the finishing touch of shading varnish.

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • Me the 13th Duke of Wymbourne are they quite mad!
    • MSN Messenger - oddballsco@hotmail.co.uk
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - oddball24sco
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
Re: Emp's creative corner
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2009, 02:42:32 pm »
They need more spikes and skulls of thier victims stuck on them.
What good is dreaming it if you don't actually do it?.

Emp_Dragon

• Harem Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2009, 02:54:45 pm »
No they don't, but more scrips of skin with text on it attatched to their armors and to the hull of the transport.

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2009, 02:59:18 pm »
Ok what about a Space Marine or a Imperial Guardsman stuck onto the ram spikes on the Rhino transport?

CrystalDragonSpaceMarine

• Eternal Lover
  • Show me your enemies.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2009, 08:38:28 pm »
Is this a particular legion?

Emp_Dragon

• Harem Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2009, 03:13:37 am »
Yes, it's Word Bearers, should be evident from the flaming daemon skull

CrystalDragonSpaceMarine

• Eternal Lover
  • Show me your enemies.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2009, 08:24:23 am »
Yes, it's Word Bearers, should be evident from the flaming daemon skull

Ah, okay. I'm not as familiar with Chaos designs and with Imperial ones.

Except for World Eaters. That's an awesome sigil...it'd make a good tattoo, I think.

Emp_Dragon

• Harem Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2009, 09:05:15 am »
ok, one thing I'm particularily pleased with is the sucessful conversion of the grenade-throwing plasma gunner, how I've managed to incline the torso and find an arm drawn back to just the right angle to give the impression that he's using his full body mass to hurl that grenade (I also cut off the pin from the grenade before gluing it in place)

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2009, 12:35:05 pm »
The bayonet on the plasma gun could of been a bit longer lol

Emp_Dragon

• Harem Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2009, 07:45:35 am »
well, I din't design the bit, and honestly, would it's length matter when the muzzle above it is several hundred degrees celcius?

Emp_Dragon

• Harem Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2009, 10:27:50 am »
Ok, so now I will present to you all a fictional story taking place in the prelude to a Warhammer 40k campaign I'll be participating in during this fall. :) Enjoy!

Unholy Artefacts

The Bridge of the Desolator class battleship The Gospel of Hate was filled with crew milling around in preparations. It was currently lying at anchor hidden from sensors by one of the outer, uninhabited planets of the Argus system.
Outside the bridge viewport, the other three capital ships of the Sons of Lorgar, one Repulsive class grand cruiser and two possessed cruisers was similarly still in the void, their senior officers en route to attend the Dark Apostle’s briefing aboard the battleship.

The Dark Apostle himself however, was not yet present on the bridge, which more resembled an enormous cathedral dedicated to the worship of the four powers.

In the Apostle’s private quarters, pair of dark mechanicum servitors was aiding Artemis, the former Inquisitorial psyker turned arch sorceress, with fitting her tactical dreadnought armor to her warp-enhanced body. Of all the psykers and sorcerers Malechai had encountered since the siege of Terra, he had never seen anyone as powerful as this woman aside from Ahriman, the notoriously unreliable Thousand Sons sorcerer. That is why he had allowed what had otherwise been unheard-of for the last fifty years, a female psyker being assimilated into a Word Bearer host.

Since then, the devious and ambitious sorceress had proven his decision right time and time again. Now they were here, in the Argus system, where he had been once before, almost ten thousand years ago. Back then, he had just been an assault platoon chaplain, the title of Apostle were yet to come into use amongst the Legion, and Lorgar was yet to ascend to his current status. That time, they had been fighting a desperate retreat after the siege of Terra. Now he was here again, here to reclaim the relic that they had been forced to abandon so long ago, the legion’s first Fellblade super-heavy tank, The Undeniable Gospel, but more importantly, the secrets hidden within the sacred vehicle, a gift from Kelbor Hal before the puppets of the false Emperor reclaimed the red planet. The recovered artificial intelligence of the Kaban project, a prize that to the right buyer would be worth enough to arm a Host strong enough to secure the final destruction to his most hated enemies beside the corpse Emperor himself, the Ultramarines.

With that, Malechai returned from his musings to the events at hand. He looked up at the Sorceress, now fully armored, with her tusked and spiked helmet hanging from a chain attached to the inside of the right pauldron. As she turned towards him, he rose from his bed, a plain slab of black marble covered in iconic carvings he had done himself over the centuries since he was but a neophyte. The earliest carvings dedicated to the worship of the treacherous corpse he once called his Emperor as the primarchs called him their father, having long since been erased by more recent carvings, some were even now moving around on their own, imbued with the essence of the warp.

-You are ready Artemis? Malechai asked as he stood up, looking up at the immense stature of the sorceress, his second in command and the one who would be among the first to make planet fall.

-Yes, my Lord Apostle, the anointed, the marked ones and the three tactical squads we selected are waiting my arrival in the ritual chamber. Our cultists on the surface has made it known that they are ready on their side.

Since he wouldn't join the sorceress on the surface, Malechai was only wearing his robes and carrying the staff-shaped daemonically imbued crozius he once had received from the hands of Erebus himself.
Together, they left the Apostle's personal chambers and entered the bridge.

The Dark Apostle Malechai and the Arch Sorceress Artemis strode purposefully onto the bridge, a caged daemon announcing their presence with a tormented wail. All those present on the cathedral-like bridge turned towards the pair as one and kneeled until they were dismissed by the apostle with a flick of the hand and continued with their tasks.
The bridge officer, an astartes scarred by countless battles and dark rituals approached the apostle.

-My lord Apostle, the other captains has just landed in the drop bay and are on their way to the reclusiam, is my presence required at your sermon and briefing?
-No, brother Hron, you are not required there at this time, I will call for you as well as the other ship commanders once we are to break cover and make our presence here both known and felt.
-As you wish lord Apostle, For Lorgar and the Word!
-For Lorgar and the Word! Brother Hron.

With that, Malechai and Artemis left the bridge on their way towards the ships cathedral where the hosts lesser Apostles and senior officers were assembled for the lord Apostle's sermon and briefing along with those selected by the arch sorceress to accompany her to the planet surface for the first crippling blow to the planet's defence network.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 10:42:47 am by Emp_Dragon »

Sister Aluicious

• Eternal Lover
  • There is no coincidence only hitsuzen.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2009, 11:02:23 pm »
neat! i would fail at such a task.
Popples eat people for breakfast every other Thursday. if you don't know what a popple is watch out or you may get eaten!

Emp_Dragon

• Harem Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2009, 12:59:36 pm »
Next part of the story:

When the Lord Apostle finished his briefing and sermon, Artemis and each of her selected battle brothers kneeled before him as Malechai attached a strip of his own skin to each of their armors. Strips inscribed with excerpts from the holy scriptures of Lorgar that had materialised on the lord Apostle's own skin during his meditative trances.
Once all the brothers' and the sorceress' armors had been sanctified that way, a servitor arrived in the sanctum. It was a tracked cargo model and on its front mounted carrying slab was a small force field projector, its force field trapping a struggling humanoid.
As it reached the assembled, the coven of Thousand sons sorcerers stepped forward and Malechai deactivated the force field, releasing Sister Diana of the order of The Sacred Rose from her stasis.
  Dazed from the shock of awakening, the naked battle sister was hoisted up in the air by invisible forces as the coven of sorcerers commenced chanting the first step of the ritual. Realising her predicament, the battle sister made futile attempts at resisting the spell that was slowly weaving itself together all around her. The air slowly acquired an ever stronger tang of sulphur, decay, brimstone and irresistible pheromones, bodiless talons materialised around her and tore at her flesh as she started spinning with the ever increasing pace of chanting. All members of the selected strike force turned their faces upwards to of the hated enemy being sacrificed to catch her blood on their faces.
  Screaming in agony, the battle sister unwillingly gave up her life and soul to the four ruinous powers as the ritual reached its apex and with the tortured wail of the unbelieving soul being ripped apart in the warp, the gateway to the planet was opened and the strike force marched through to the useful but expendable cultists waiting beyond.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 10:43:32 am by Emp_Dragon »

CrystalDragonSpaceMarine

• Eternal Lover
  • Show me your enemies.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2009, 12:57:21 am »
I have attached here your story as a Word Doc, with comments in the margins. Some of it's nitpicky stuff, but that's a given since I'm a Creative Writing major and have workshopped stuff to death.

Emp_Dragon

• Harem Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2009, 01:15:08 am »
Third part  A fourth will be coming soon

Arriving planet side, Artemis greeted the cultists.
-You have been most useful tools, who is your leader?
-I am, my lord!
One of the robed cultists proclaimed, as he raised his gaze from the ground in his kneeling stance.
  To look the arch sorceress in the eyes through the lenses of her horned and tusked helmet was the greatest and last mistake he would ever make. In a voice filled with cold malice, Artemis made her point and made obvious that no questioning of her authority would be tolerated what so ever.
  -Do not dare look us in the eyes without permission, worm! I am your mistress, and from now on, you are all my tools, nothing more. You are completely expendable and you will obey my every command without delay or questioning or you will suffer the same fate as this one...
  And with that, a talon of pure psychic energy materialized between Artemis and the offending cultist and with a flick of her hand, she tore the beating heart right out of it's chest and brought it into her own hand an instant before she crushed the pulsating organ in her fist and let the mauled lump of flesh fall to the ground simultaneous with it's original owner.
-Now, where is the transports, we have work to do.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 11:12:41 am by Emp_Dragon »

Emp_Dragon

• Harem Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2009, 11:13:55 am »
Photos from the surgical strike, the ones in red and silver with lots of spikes are the good guys and gal ;D

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2009, 11:32:36 am »
Bring on the Dark Angels!!  ;D ;D 8)

Emp_Dragon

• Harem Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2009, 11:35:21 am »
Bring on the Dark Angels!!  ;D ;D 8)
Right... have you seen the number of plasma/melta/power weapons/claws/fists in that strike force?
Dark Angels would be cut to shreds before they had time to beg the corpse to save them...

leana

« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2009, 12:12:17 pm »
awesome details!!!!!!

Emp_Dragon

• Harem Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2009, 12:12:12 pm »
  With the Word Bearers bunched up on half-tracked flatbed cargo haulers hidden from view by rubber tarps stretched over the roll cage and a secured flap at the rear, a small inconspicuous convoy made it’s way eastwards from the site as the warp gate collapsed on itself with an inverted wail ending in a small bang.
  With the unrest just across the isthmus and the normal internal conflicts between the hive nobles, nobody would think twice about cargo vehicles travelling in a convoy, not even the heavy stubbers in pintle mounts on the driver cabins would raise an eyebrow. Something that might on the other hand, was the way the suspension groaned under the weight of the power armored passengers hidden on the cargo beds, and then each vehicle could fit no more than three of the battle brothers each while the anointed and Artemis in their tactical dreadnaught armors were bulky enough to occupy one each, the trade off were that those haulers were marginally less weighed down.

As the convoy closed on the target, the cultist drivers pulled off the main road and some way into a long depleted strip-mine, ruins of hab domes and industrial structures littering the rim of the man-made caldera and pulled up outside the most intact ruin. As soon as the vehicles stopped, the Word Bearers unloaded themselves, the suspension of the haulers permanently depressed until spare parts could be scavenged.

-Strike force, assemble on me!

As one, the Word Bearers formed up around the arch sorceress, the cultists cautiously waiting in the background.

-Before his demise, the worm managed to convey that the primary recon of the target is unchanged. It is guarded by a single under-strength platoon of PDF infantry showing signs of the general apathy common in base humans who has served too long without proper leadership or motivation. Our only real concern should be an armored detachment and a small section of mobile artillery conducting exercises some miles east of the target. However, if they arrive at all, they will be much too late to prevent us from meeting our objective in preparing a primary drop zone.
As you can see on your tactical HUD overlay, we are currently two clicks due west of the target. From here we will proceed on foot and under com’s silence as close to the objective as possible, preferably to assault distance. I have provided some of you with enchanted bolts, use them, but use them carefully. When and if the alarm sounds, I want the assault squad to make their way to the objective as quick as possible, I and the anointed will assault the guards, tactical squads and chosen provides fire support where able and tactical squads assault if opportunity is given.
Chosen divide in two sub-units, take left flank and centre, tactical squad, likewise, stick close to the chosen. Assault squad, far right flank, make use of cover, and NO jump packs until the alarm is raised. Anointed follow me, we take the right centre. Questions?

-Good, prepare to move out.

-Cultists! Listen up! I want you to fortify this strip mine and clear landing zones, when we return, you better have made progress or I will turn the lot of you into more useful forms…
Word Bearers! We move. For Lorgar and The Apostle!

-FOR LORGAR AND THE APOSTLE!

With the thunderous roar, the Word Bearers moved off towards the target, a command centre for the planetary defense laser batteries of the region north of the Aegina hive. Taking out that command centre would silence the only serious threat to the Word Bearers' primary drop-zone and allow the capital ships to enter low geo-stationary orbit from where to deliver men, material and devastating bombardments to half the northern hemisphere of the planet surface.

EDIT: This is the campaign map, it was not made by me, but is details the region where this part of the campaign takes place.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 12:17:21 pm by Emp_Dragon »

Emp_Dragon

• Harem Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2009, 12:53:35 pm »
  Under vox-silence, the Word Bearers set into a jog of ground eating strides that their enhanced bodies would be able to keep up for days on end without rest and soon the target broke the horizon.
At three thousand yards, the first sentries were spotted and the Word Bearers dispersed wordlessly into individual squads and combat patterns, switched their armor power plants to stealth settings and crept on with a much lower profile.
  The planetary defense command centre designated ZA-739 was well away from the turbulent conflict zones in the south where orks gave other elements of the PDF and even some out of system Imperial guard regiments a run for their money. As such it was garrisoned with a skeleton crew, half a platoon of worn out and under equipped PDF veterans commanded by a junior lieutenant on his first posting.
  Slowly, dawn drew closer; the sentries weary after a long and uneventful night were preparing for yet another change of shifts and looking forward to a hot meal and warm bunks. Off in the distance to the north east, occasional muzzle flashes from the exercise field of the nearest Guard outpost could be seen on low clouds just over the horizon as the latest batch of recruits were night training with their vehicles.
 One of the sentries gazed south just as the first rays of sun broke through and touched the ruins and rocky outcroppings about three hundred yards from where he stood. Something he couldn’t define made a cold shiver run along his spine. Something in or just behind the ruins momentarily glinted of silver in the sunlight and he squinted to see clearer. A flash of dark red through a hole in the wall, another solar reflex, a crunch of crumbling old rockcrete. He started backing up towards the command centre and as he saw a flash and heard a muffled crack he cried out, just in time to feel several distinct impacts on his flak vest and throwing him to the ground. His chest hurt like hell when he scrambled to his feet and ran. His vest had saved him! He had never expected it to, but it had! He screamed at the top of his aching lungs as he ran towards the command centre but he didn’t get more than a few steps before his chest erupted in a fountain of blood.

Their cover blown, the Word Bearers dropped all notions of stealth. Ten thousand years of combat experience added to decades of intense training and mental conditioning kicked in instantly, spurring already superhuman bodies into action.
 As the garrison emerged from the building, they were met by a torrent of mass reactive shells and superheated bolts of plasma. The first squad of defenders fell before they had time to effect any semblance of defense. The second weren’t much luckier, as soon as they emerged, strange voices in their heads compelled them to charge towards the attackers without care for orders or tactics while half a dozen attackers rose towards the skies on pillars of smoke and flame only to descend upon the confused defenders like ravenous raptors, whirring chain swords tearing through flesh and bone with contemptuous ease. From another direction, the last defenders were faced by the Arch sorceress Artemis and her Bodyguard, each one nearly twice as tall and massive enough to fill the defender’s entire field of vision. They didn’t even bother to activate the power fields of their close combat claws, ripping defenders to shreds with brute force alone.
  In the face of this brutal annihilation of the troops under his command, the green lieutenant and his command squad fled the field in panic, desperately sending out a distress call on a broad-frequency vox transmission, but by the time the tanks of the nearby Guard outpost reached the command centre, the Word Bearers’ melta charges were already set and primed to detonate. A few Word Bearers fell to the vehicle’s fire during the first stage of withdrawal accompanied by the dull crumps of detonating melta charges, signaling the coming doom of a planet.

Emp_Dragon

• Harem Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2009, 11:45:06 am »
  The first thing the Word Bearers did when they returned to the abandoned strip mine was to gather a number of the lesser cultists on a spur of harder rock jutting out over the mine. Artemis spoke.

-Faithful! Children, the unbelievers have been smitten, their defensive command structure in this sector smashed and the time has arrived for us to initiate the next step of our holy crusade!

-We must now make sure the Lord Apostle receives these news, that His plans are proceeding accordingly and that low orbit over the first beachhead is safe and the beachhead is being prepared for our glorious Host to arrive. Thus I have summoned you here. Chosen, be ready at my call.

As one, the robed Chosen, an elite amongst the elite of the Word Bearer astartes stepped forward to their places behind each cultist, grabbing the unfortunates with one huge gauntleted hand and drawing their combat blades with the other while the Arch Sorceress began summoning the powers of the warp.
Slamming the pointed base of her force staff into the rock, a perfect eight pointed star speared outwards from the point of impact, eerie, pink flames and oddly scented fumes rose from the fissures, twisting and turning with a will of their own. At first, the coils of fumes twisted and lashed randomly, like tentacles searching for purchase, but as the chant of the sorceress grew in strength and increased in pace, the smoke moved with much more of a purpose, visibly thickening, and materializing into tendrils, twisting and turning as they grew thicker and longer, reptilian heads starting to form at the tips of the eight tendrils, each warp-spawned serpent still anchored to the sorcerous weapon as they coiled up with their backs to the sorceress at their midst. The chant grew ever louder and the rock around the star started to melt and blister. Suddenly the Sorceress cried out as if with a thousand, unbearably smooth voices, each slightly out of tune. With the discord of chaos shaking the very fabric of reality, the chosen slit the throats of the cultists and the warp-spawned serpents lunged at the released souls. Artemis slumped against her weapon, the conduit she had used for the ritual, the serpents dissolved and the glow from the star in the ground started to fade.

Millions of kilometers away, the astropaths aboard The Gospel of Hate cried out in agony as the psychic flare struck their sensitive collective psyche. Lord Apostle Malechai turned to his bridge officer.

-Brother Hron, the signal has been received, set course for Argus Prime, northern hemisphere. Geostationary high orbit over Landing Zone Alpha, Vengeance of the Warp is to assume low orbit, Apostle Gideon will have the honor of securing the beachhead. I am sure he and his World Eater auxiliae will find the task to their liking.

-As you command Lord.

Enormous thrusters fired, sending shudders along the hulls of the fleet’s vast capital ships as they started their journey towards their prey.

The Grand cruiser of the Repulsive class aptly named Vengeance of the Warp achieved geostationary low orbit over Argus Prime three days later. Without ceremony or hesitation, she did so perpendicular to the planet surface below and brought her melta torpedoes and lances to bear on any pre-detected ground based defenses, reducing all threats to molten rubble in minutes as the return fire was sporadic and inaccurate at best following the command centre’s utter destruction three days earlier.

Once total annihilation of ground-based threats to the deployment was assured, the vast ship leveled out, opening her hangar bays to the void. Hundreds of smaller craft launched out into the void, formed up and plunged down through the atmosphere. The first crafts to reach the surface were the Dreadclaw assault pods, their jagged conical shapes dotting the jagged rim of the strip mine, iris hatches hissing open and Word Bearer squads spilling out on the ground as the pods elevate on spindly landing claws, allowing their deadly passengers to spread out to a safe distance before taking off again to bring more.
With the landing zone secured in force, Stormbird and Thunderhawk drop ships descended into the mine basin, landing only long enough to disgorge more Word Bearers, Rhino APCs, Predator battle tanks, Land Raider assault tanks and thousands of crates filled with supplies of every kind. The landing operation continued for the better part of a week before Apostle Gideon and his four maniples were deployed on the surface.

-Apostle! Mistress! A strike force of astartes unbelievers has been detected heading towards the LZ!

Interrupting a tactical council of an Apostle, his sub-commanders and an arch psyker has never been a good idea regardless of why. Something the servile cultist never learned as his brains suddenly decorated the wall around the hole of a bolter round.

-Ha! I believe the gods are gracious Sorceress, granting us worthy opponents and possibly even gene seed to bolster our legion so soon upon arrival.

-Don’t be rash to take victory for granted apostle, but very well, if you choose to face these corpse worshipers in person I will accompany you to see if your actions match your verbal zeal.

-Do not taunt me Sorceress, I know your standing with lord Malechai is great, but you are still no astartes and your body breaks just as easily as any other mortal. But enough of this, I will crush this strike force of Heralds of Dawn astartes personally, you may accompany me, but once the battle is won I will make you take back your insults.

Emp_Dragon

• Harem Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2010, 10:07:31 am »

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2010, 12:31:37 pm »
See about geting my lot put together and take a few pics tomorrow

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2010, 07:31:45 am »
Here you go Emp the rest of my armour with a few attack bikes, Tech Preists and a Lemus Russ:

Emp_Dragon

• Harem Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2010, 07:53:22 am »
Nice, really nice :)

Emp_Dragon

• Harem Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2010, 10:36:30 am »
My latest project:
Front:

Side:

CrystalDragonSpaceMarine

• Eternal Lover
  • Show me your enemies.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2010, 12:23:19 pm »

Emp_Dragon

• Harem Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2010, 12:43:57 pm »
Completed another jetbiker tonight and took a pic of them beside my converted Lucius pattern Baneblade that's awaiting new paint once the titan is done.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 12:46:16 pm by Emp_Dragon »

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2010, 12:45:36 pm »
I like the barbed wire drapped around the Banblade(?) what did you use for it?