Author Topic: Where are the forumites I knew 2 or 3 years ago? Also, HI!!!!!!!  (Read 27635 times)

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • Me the 13th Duke of Wymbourne are they quite mad!
    • MSN Messenger - oddballsco@hotmail.co.uk
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - oddball24sco
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
Re: Where are the forumites I knew 2 or 3 years ago? Also, HI!!!!!!!
« Reply #90 on: December 07, 2009, 04:00:20 pm »
16 was spent up to my balls in freezing bog water doing beating on some estate so some Norwegains could shoot some pheasants. but got a few afterwards and the food was good and hot a lunch time, not bad for £15 a day.
What good is dreaming it if you don't actually do it?.

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • MSN Messenger - charles_wilkinson@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #91 on: December 08, 2009, 03:19:12 am »
Plus, if you're gonna be an aggressive heartless bitch, at least own up to it.  Anytime I tried to call her on it, she'd be like, that's not what I meant, but I don't care enough to discuss it with you further, so (implied meaning) I'm right and you're wrong...somehow.

She did, she owned up to it and never denied she was extremely unsympathetic and touchy. *not using heartless bitch because just because she was toward you guys doesn't me she was/is *
And for when you called her on it, most of her explanations made sense to me, even if I didn't see eye to eye with her. Maybe it's because you were the one arguing with her that you saw them the way you did?

and for the record she'll be 19 in a few months <.<

Yeah, I thought she owned up to it to an extent.

Also remember that text NEVER conveys emotions very well.  You don't get tone of voice and all sorts of body language that can dampen, soften and even completely change the meaning of a lot of words that sound harsher when read directly.

I still remember her writing a critique of one bloke's work (the guy who coloured my signature) and it seemed like a total insult of his work, but discussing later, it was totally NOT what she intended it to be.

Unfortunately, people tend to read out text with a certain tone of voice applied and it's often not the one intended.  Over the years, I've generally learned to apply a bored, mater-of-fact tone of voice to almost everything I read but I'll still read things wrongly sometimes *shrug*

COME BACK GUYS!
CLAN OF THE CATS IS MAKING A COMEBACK! JUNE 8th.  BE THERE!

akashayi

« Reply #92 on: December 08, 2009, 03:35:33 am »
You definitely have to be extra careful when communicating on the nets.

Unfortunately, people tend to read out text with a certain tone of voice applied and it's often not the one intended.  Over the years, I've generally learned to apply a bored, mater-of-fact tone of voice to almost everything I read but I'll still read things wrongly sometimes *shrug*

Except when it's you. When I read your writing, I usually filter it through your silly grin and happy go lucky :)

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #93 on: December 08, 2009, 05:10:20 am »
Thats what I aim for, but I have found people take my words more seriously than I intend at times and it gets me trouble.  Its why I use so many smile faces and actions such as *meh* *shrug* *lol* ,etc.

UmberIsSexy

• Erotic
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 08, 2009, 06:31:16 pm »
Pozf: yes you are absolutely right and thanks for pointing those things out.  In the spirit of not talking behind people's backs (more), I'll drop it here.  Plus you're right.  I don't think she was a heartless bitch at all.  I thought maybe that's how she acted outwardly sometimes, or came across, maybe without intending to do so.  I was trying to say that I can deal with people who are "aggressive conversationalists", but it sort of seemed like she wanted to be free from all responsibility for feelings created by her words, or people's interpretations of her words.  And again, that's surely not what she was saying, but she'd kind of be like (paraphrasing) "I don't know you, therefore I didn't want your feedback and I don't want to give it much merit or thought."  Now I personally don't have time to get to know people more deeply outside the forum, but I'm fairly me on here, so y'all know me pretty well if you care to, with the exception that I don't really post much about my children or my work, which actually make up the vast majority of my life, but are things I come here for a break from.  Also, it takes me a lot before I'll give "feedback".  I'm pretty allowing and accepting of different personalities I think.  I like different personalities.  Whoops I guess I didn't drop it as much as I meant to, or at all really.  Sorry.  I don't remember her admitting that she was unsympathetic or touchy though...Maybe I missed it.

Finally, sometimes I overreacted to one of her posts, because there was 3 or 4 before that that kind of bugged me that I hadn't said anything about.

Finally finally, if Deatzh were here now, I feel that I would have to pay dearly for these few posts by having them crammed up my ass sideways.  But I guess that would really only be my interpretation of her response.  Something I need to work on.  I tend to hear everything my wife says as if she were yelling at me as well, if she tells me to come home early or something like that.  Probably related.

But thanks again Pozf for pointing out the things I hadn't thought of, or had forgotten.  Also me being wrong about her age.  A year makes a big difference in that range (14-25 or so, maybe...)

Charles: What are you trying to say?? >:(  Are you trying to say I'm an a-hole who can't read right??  Cuz that's what it sounds like you're saying!  ;)

p-Fae: Thanks! :)

shadowfire: haha

Churba: is too hot for his pants

oddball: In this forum, only you could have possibly had that job at 15.  that's awesome.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 07:04:39 pm by UmberIsSexy »

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • Me the 13th Duke of Wymbourne are they quite mad!
    • MSN Messenger - oddballsco@hotmail.co.uk
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - oddball24sco
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
« Reply #95 on: December 09, 2009, 12:13:38 am »
Suprised i did not get trench foot doing that job.
What good is dreaming it if you don't actually do it?.

UmberIsSexy

• Erotic
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 09, 2009, 06:50:25 am »
Thank you Oddball let's change the subject to something cool like trench foot, to shut me up.  (I'm being serious)

Trench foot is freaking nasty by the way...

CrystalDragonSpaceMarine

• Eternal Lover
  • Show me your enemies.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #97 on: December 09, 2009, 07:11:33 am »

Also remember that text NEVER conveys emotions very well. 

Only if you're a lousy writer.

UmberIsSexy

• Erotic
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 09, 2009, 07:21:19 am »
does that mean someone who doesn't use enough emoticons? ??? :P

leana

« Reply #99 on: December 09, 2009, 11:31:52 am »
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!The sex is back!Welcome back kitten!

No.Na.

• Red Light Worker
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Illusionslostone
    • View Profile
    • Deviant art
    • Email
« Reply #100 on: December 10, 2009, 09:46:08 pm »

i'm sure razzly will poke her head in if she wants, I'm still expecting john gallant to poke his head in again. and i personally leave for long times myself

Yeah! I miss Gallant, too. I have other means of getting in touch with him, as with bonebreaker, & I've been meaning to tell the both of them to come over & play with me. ::)

I know gallant uses the facebook. cause the once yearly check of mine had his pic on it, but i really don't know how to use the facebook so i just avoid it. tho apparently i have a fan club there XD

No. Na. it's always nice when you do drop in!

aww thanks ^^ umber
In the three fates we trust

P-fae

« Reply #101 on: December 12, 2009, 09:31:10 pm »
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!The sex is back!Welcome back kitten!

LOL. LEANA!!!!!!<3 *glomps*

teh sex?!!! Yeah, I'm legal now. xD

Yeah! I miss Gallant, too. I have other means of getting in touch with him, as with bonebreaker, & I've been meaning to tell the both of them to come over & play with me. ::)

I know gallant uses the facebook. cause the once yearly check of mine had his pic on it, but i really don't know how to use the facebook so i just avoid it. tho apparently i have a fan club there XD

awww, i love facebook! i check it like 5 times a day. xD this way i keep in touch with my friends from back home/know what they're up to/they what i'm up to.

i mostly talk to the friends i see here in college, tho, even over facebook. it's especially handy right now that my cell phone is broken...

Also remember that text NEVER conveys emotions very well. 
does that mean someone who doesn't use enough emoticons? ??? :P

lol.

'Tis one reason I use so many faces & emoticons. I really do feel/talk like this most of the time. :-*

Charles, when I read your text, I hear a lilt. Spirited or cheerful words. Yeah, I think it's cuz of the pictures of your fantastic grin. ^^

CrystalDragonSpaceMarine

• Eternal Lover
  • Show me your enemies.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #102 on: December 12, 2009, 09:35:25 pm »

Even if you weren't legal, I think you'd be worth the risk.

lol.

'Tis one reason I use so many faces & emoticons. I really do feel/talk like this most of the time. :-*

Charles, when I read your text, I hear a lilt. Spirited or cheerful words. Yeah, I think it's cuz of the pictures of your fantastic grin. ^^

How about when you read mine?  :P

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #103 on: December 12, 2009, 11:53:54 pm »
I generally read CDSM as fairly cheerful, yet you always seem to tell us that you're fairly emotionless.... And yet, somehow, I read you as an almost playful person *shrug*

Emp_Dragon

• Harem Master
  • Submit to the power of Sam
    • MSN Messenger - erik.arteus@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 13, 2009, 06:29:21 am »

Somehow I doubt beeing jailbait kept you from scoring when you really wanted?

P-fae

« Reply #105 on: December 13, 2009, 02:57:32 pm »

Even if you weren't legal, I think you'd be worth the risk.

Why, thank you! xD

How about when you read mine?  :P

I feel that I know you on several more dimensions than charles, since we've talked about quite a few personal things, concerning romance & the way our emotions work & the way we live. So I hear a lot more going on. Smart, playful, brooding, etc., depending on what you are talking about. :)

Somehow I doubt being jailbait kept you from scoring when you really wanted?

Oh, what makes you think that... ::) :P

Emp_Dragon

• Harem Master
  • Submit to the power of Sam
    • MSN Messenger - erik.arteus@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 14, 2009, 09:36:31 am »

Somehow I doubt being jailbait kept you from scoring when you really wanted?

Oh, what makes you think that... ::) :P
´

Well, I think you know that very well ;) :P

UmberIsSexy

• Erotic
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 16, 2009, 08:37:06 am »
Roooooooooooniiiiiiiiiiin!?

Azure

« Reply #108 on: December 16, 2009, 08:48:14 am »
Hi.  I often disappear from the forums myself.  In fact, I post so infrequently, I doubt you know me at all...

CrystalDragonSpaceMarine

• Eternal Lover
  • Show me your enemies.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #109 on: December 16, 2009, 08:57:00 am »
Hi.  I often disappear from the forums myself.  In fact, I post so infrequently, I doubt you know me at all...

I recognize your name and avatar, at least.

UmberIsSexy

• Erotic
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 16, 2009, 09:34:47 am »
but you used to post quite a bit I think?

Azure

« Reply #111 on: December 18, 2009, 05:44:10 am »
A bit.  I also started a few threads, like "Famous Last Words"