Author Topic: Chapter 22: Discussion  (Read 66943 times)

RoninAngel

• Eternal Lover
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Chapter 22: Discussion
« Reply #210 on: September 24, 2009, 12:55:21 am »
Hmmmm...
Starting off negotiations with naked threats is usually not a prudent tactic, Suspira. Espeshally when the power level of your opponents is a thusfar unknown quantity.
Regardless of how many things in this house have been illusionary, the sheer volume of magic found here would give me pause.
I think that Suspira's anger is justified, but I think that a more effective tactic may have been to try diplomacy first, then the screaming and the threatening and the blasting.
That's just me though.  :-\
I got 99 problems but a nymphomaniac jester girl ain't one.

Razzly

• Erotic
  • Contrast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: September 24, 2009, 01:28:50 am »
Suspiria's back to normal?

...Yay? ..I think?

Also, Brion, typo in one of the panels. It's spelled "Immediatly" and not "immedietly" isn't it?
Winner of Brion Foulke's "cute little panda"-award.
"Mutta rukous on vain mutina tuulessa, ei sitä kukaan kuule..."

CrystalDragonSpaceMarine

• Eternal Lover
  • Show me your enemies.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #212 on: September 24, 2009, 08:45:43 am »
Immediately.

UmberIsSexy

• Erotic
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: September 24, 2009, 10:27:02 am »
Grammar error: Suspi should say "Where are Maytag and Bernadette?"

Should it be fixed though?  Do people say "Where's" in natural speech?

akashayi

« Reply #214 on: September 24, 2009, 10:57:12 am »
Should it be fixed though?  Do people say "Where's" in natural speech?

Yes.

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • Me the 13th Duke of Wymbourne are they quite mad!
    • MSN Messenger - oddballsco@hotmail.co.uk
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - oddball24sco
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
« Reply #215 on: September 24, 2009, 11:00:18 am »
I usually say "Where is....."
What good is dreaming it if you don't actually do it?.

Razzly

• Erotic
  • Contrast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: September 24, 2009, 11:33:43 am »
Winner of Brion Foulke's "cute little panda"-award.
"Mutta rukous on vain mutina tuulessa, ei sitä kukaan kuule..."

SAGG

• Red Light Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 24, 2009, 06:34:03 pm »
Good. It's nice to see Suspira being Suspira again....  ::)

akashayi

« Reply #218 on: September 25, 2009, 02:19:05 am »
In the next page, Danzig will bring out his magical testing apparatus and begin testing on the magical forces. (hehe, apparatus. XD ) Glyph will appear with his scouter, and confirm for Danzig that her power level is over 9000!!!!

O_O

NightWraith

• Forbidden Fruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 25, 2009, 04:14:52 am »
In the next page, Danzig will bring out his magical testing apparatus and begin testing on the magical forces. (hehe, apparatus. XD ) Glyph will appear with his scouter, and confirm for Danzig that her power level is over 9000!!!!

O_O

But isnt 99% of that used to power her hair?

Trombonefellow

• Rose Petal Acolyte
  • Push Ki
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Trombonefellow
    • View Profile
    • Twilight Key
    • Email
« Reply #220 on: September 25, 2009, 10:51:14 am »
Considering his "eccentric" nature, maybe he's just being an ass in response to Suspira's aggression?
I have a boner...*plays a song*

CrystalDragonSpaceMarine

• Eternal Lover
  • Show me your enemies.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #221 on: September 25, 2009, 12:08:07 pm »

O_O

Escher: Danzig! What does the scouter say about her power level?

:P

...Danzig is evil, isn't he?  Not even the redeemable kind, but just a complete jackass that no one will want to save?  ):

But he's such a nice host.

parameciumkid

• Kinky
  • http://helia.heliohost.org
    • AOL Instant Messenger - parameciumkid
    • View Profile
    • Helia - The Girl in the Yellow Dress
« Reply #222 on: September 25, 2009, 04:01:19 pm »
I see he has the wit to bring them into an anti-magic room. Way to mess with Suspiria. >:)
Hi.
I've been out for two years, so warn me if I act like I missed something obvious. ^^;

...oh, and to anyone who missed me, I'm open to hugs, kisses, and intense tearful cuddles.

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
« Reply #223 on: September 26, 2009, 01:52:36 am »
But where is the FOOOD!! he promised them fooood!!!! he is not a nice host he is EVIL for not keeping his obligations as a B&B owner, I'm going to report him to the local tourist information board and B&B association.

parameciumkid

• Kinky
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 26, 2009, 12:52:50 pm »
But where is the FOOOD!! he promised them fooood!!!! he is not a nice host he is EVIL for not keeping his obligations as a B&B owner, I'm going to report him to the local tourist information board and B&B association.
*likes*
Hi.
I've been out for two years, so warn me if I act like I missed something obvious. ^^;

...oh, and to anyone who missed me, I'm open to hugs, kisses, and intense tearful cuddles.

Tyris

• Slave Groupie
  • U Hrair
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - tyris_stark
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #225 on: September 27, 2009, 01:04:40 pm »
I see he has the wit to bring them into an anti-magic room. Way to mess with Suspiria. >:)
Could be as it's not the room, but the man. Perhaps he's one of the Ten, disguised, and is blocking her.

Or possibly he's blocking her, but rather than being one of the Ten, he is an unregistered rogue sorcerer (maybe even the Thin Man himself?), and Suspiria's "ten most powerful" count never thought to take into account all the possible rogues out there.

Or, most likely given the penchant we've seen for illusions so far: Suspiria actually did shoot a beam o' zap there, but she's being fooled into not seeing it. In such a case, the man is not standing in front of her, either - that's an illusion too. He may never even have existed at all. Perhaps the twins just put him up as a sort of holographic greeter.

No, wait, that's not the most likely option. The most likely option is, as ever, something we haven't even thought of yet.

Edit: 'Nother possibility. Since her hand does seem to be glowing, she may still just be charging up.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 01:18:32 pm by Tyris »
You can't look dignified when you're having fun.

Hans

• Rose Petal Acolyte
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #226 on: September 28, 2009, 02:41:18 am »
Flying Hair, glowing Hand, how is that anti-magic?
And to me she looks concentrated, not suprised as she would most probably be, if her magic would not work.

parameciumkid

• Kinky
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: September 28, 2009, 06:21:05 am »
Hi.

SAGG

• Red Light Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 28, 2009, 08:34:22 am »
I think he's setting her up for something, and Moss'll have something to do with it...  ;D

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • MSN Messenger - charles_wilkinson@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #229 on: September 28, 2009, 08:13:53 pm »
I wonder if Suspira actually fired something into the "Flower" which is draining her power, or if it started drawing her spirit essence from her the moment she "charged up" to cast.

It also occurs to me that this isn't the first time we've seen a flower used for magickal purposes: http://www.flipsidecomics.com/comic/book0/fs16pg04.html

I wonder if there's any reason behind the use of flowers... or if it's just something Danzig does and the Man Eater obtained the "device" from him.
CLAN OF THE CATS IS MAKING A COMEBACK! JUNE 8th.  BE THERE!

akashayi

« Reply #230 on: September 28, 2009, 09:29:54 pm »
Hm. Maybe Clairen and Mary were ultimately experimented on by Danzig and crew?

The doppletwins did say something about May possibly being what they were searching for.

SAGG

• Red Light Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 29, 2009, 07:53:57 am »
Yep, as I thought. Suspria's power is being absorbed, and she's being weakened. They set her up, alright. Now, she'll be as harmless as a baby. Crest, it appears you'll have to take up the load...  8)

Kanazaka

• Hot Streaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 29, 2009, 02:58:06 pm »
Danzig's a punk!  He can't even fight his own battles, and has to step aside to let his henchman absorb Suspiria's burst of magic *tsk, tsk*.  Maybe the henchman's the real baddie, or Danzig just wants to save his strength.  Either way, it's a dick move.  Hopefully someone shows up to rescue Crest, unless he has some hidden abilities that we don't know about.

SAGG

• Red Light Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 30, 2009, 05:07:44 am »
So much for Suspiria--for now. The more I think about it, the more I'm sure Moss is probably behind this gang's doings. He's probably wanting simple revenge on Bern and Maytag, that's all...  ;)

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
« Reply #234 on: September 30, 2009, 09:37:13 am »
*looks back to remind himself of who Moss is*

Pozf

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • What is a man?
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 30, 2009, 10:27:32 am »
I'm just a tad confused here. And it was explained Here that everybody had the same amount of essence, and more powerful sorcerers/sorceresses were just more efficient with it.

... What I'm getting at is, when Danzig says "She really does have an amazing amount of spirit essence. I'm impressed."  Shouldn't it always be the same? *IE the flower thing should always be the same size* Or Am I just taking the explaination of essence too literally.
'Science is on the march. Don't get in its way.'

akashayi

« Reply #236 on: September 30, 2009, 11:23:58 am »
No, I don't think Moss is behind this. He was spying on Seraph who was researching the fourth level of sorcery for his uncle. When Moss left Maytag last, he said he had to return to his uncle. I'm thinking Danzig is his uncle, and Escher and the doppletwins are perhaps his family. Whether or not they're family, everyone there has been experimentally altered magically, include Moss. It makes too much sense that the same people experimenting are responsible for people like Mary and Clairen, too >.>

The spirit essence thing might be true from a basic understanding, but Suspiria is special.

It also occurs to me that we still don't know what happened to Glyph after he went searching for tasty sandwhiches. Maybe he'll be able to burst in and uh, help rescue people. Hopefully soon, cause I think May is off somewhere about to get her brain poked at. like this: http://www.flipsidecomics.com/comic.php?i=785 o_o

Ecco

« Reply #237 on: September 30, 2009, 03:26:24 pm »
I feel like we're suddenly going to cut to Bern and May now. Crest never gets to be the hero.  :-\ Or maybe the bed and breakfast circus will turn him into a mindless slave. Or rape him. Or both. :-X

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • MSN Messenger - charles_wilkinson@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #238 on: September 30, 2009, 03:49:56 pm »
I had the same immediate thought.  Everyone has the same amount of spirit essence but higher level sorcerers can just use it more efficiently.

As Akashayi mentioned, maybe Suspira is different or special in that respect (or Brion has changed his mind in regards to it).

Last I thought, Glyph had been possessed by one of the doppletwins but that could still turn out to be an illusion instead, or even turn around to be that Glyph is part of this crew.

Alright, Maytag and Bern are out of commission together with Suspira and Glyph as the powerful magick users.  That only leaves Crest who's usually considered the most useless of the party, but he does seem to have rudimentary knowledge of magick and apparently has excellent potential as a swordsman (even if he's a little rusty).  Beyond that, we're relying on Moss to turn on his friends/family/gang here and help out... Which is possible.

All up, I'd love to see Crest find a solution out of this.  Best I got is that he runs back up the stairs to the girl's room and grabs Bern's magick sword in the hope of wrecking some sort of havoc.

... It also occurs to me that if Maytag and Bern come back into this, they'll still be naked
EDIT: Scratch that, Maytag has spare clothes and blankets stored in that D-Bag of hers so even if there's no clothes which fits Bern she'll be able to use a blanket.
CLAN OF THE CATS IS MAKING A COMEBACK! JUNE 8th.  BE THERE!

Emp_Dragon

• Harem Master
  • Submit to the power of Sam
    • MSN Messenger - erik.arteus@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: September 30, 2009, 11:41:04 pm »
Provided she didn't leave the d-bag on the side of the tub... or in her room, after all, she was only taking a bath with bern!