Author Topic: It's the CrystalDragonSpaceMarine Scholastic Criticism Extravaganza!  (Read 3133 times)

CrystalDragonSpaceMarine

• Eternal Lover
  • Show me your enemies.
    • View Profile
    • Email
"In the first place God made idiots. This was for practice. Then he made School Boards." --- Mark Twain

I could just put this in the rage thread, but I feel a more in-depth discussion of the educational system as its innumerable errors may be interesting. From punishing white kids because a black kid punched them, to ridiculous levels of zero tolerance policy, it's become clear to me that public school systems are being run by a bunch of idiots whose only redemption can be found on the receiving end of a torrent of consecrated promethium.

Anyways, what's set me off on this subject most recently is this: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/04/04/AR2009040402591.html.
The Colbert Report did a nice send-up of it.

I mean, seriously?

Look, God gave us the ability to judge, assess, and think. Apparently school administrators are incapable of doing any of those, bound as they are as lifeless automatons to whatever policies are in place, no matter how nonsensical they may be in a given situation.

It would be an insult to mentally challenged individuals to call the rule "retarded" in any case. Guys, if there are illegal drugs involved, let the police handle it. Basically their "zero tolerance" policy means you can't have ANY substances in school, not even advil or something, not even prescription drugs (I'm hoping they have some kind of system in place so students can take medications on doctor's orders or something).

This girl is an honor student and varsity athlete, and you just blemished her record because a teacher (whom I must assume was a sniveling rodent of some kind) saw her popping a birth control pill at lunch (or something), not to mention putting her private life out for all to see. Granted, it's the girl's fault for doing it and getting caught, but that doesn't change the fact that the rule was invented by a collection of schizophrenic monkeys no doubt on powerful drugs themselves.

School officials say they can't take chances. They are concerned about liability and safety. Any pills, even nonprescription pills, could be shared with another student who has allergies.

This is ridiculous. I wonder if they have some kind of equally ludicrous law against bringing peanuts to school. (I'll bet they do, they tried pulling that at my school).

And it would be difficult to enforce rules if students were allowed to take some pills but not others.
Please. It's called "don't let them have illegal drugs" and "let them have legal ones". Don't know what kind of pill that is? Okay, while awhile and see if they get high, there's you answer.  ::)

So what do you guys think? I've just about had it, hearing about all this silliness. You guys have any "school board idiocy" of your own to add?

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • Me the 13th Duke of Wymbourne are they quite mad!
    • MSN Messenger - oddballsco@hotmail.co.uk
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - oddball24sco
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
Re: It's the CrystalDragonSpaceMarine Scholastic Criticism Extravaganza!
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 08:22:06 am »
It seems almost like the Dark Ages since I was last in the school system, but had enough of the Bastards when they refused to recongise my dyslexcia and give me help. so they sort of turned me into this warped person full of loathing that I am today.
What good is dreaming it if you don't actually do it?.

Emp_Dragon

• Harem Master
  • Submit to the power of Sam
    • MSN Messenger - erik.arteus@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2009, 08:31:48 am »
Swedish public schools don't have school boards in that sense since they are run by the municipality. Thus the school board is made up of politicians and only see to economy and over all issues for maybe 10 schools each of every level below college.

CrystalDragonSpaceMarine

• Eternal Lover
  • Show me your enemies.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2009, 05:00:24 pm »
Swedish public schools don't have school boards in that sense since they are run by the municipality. Thus the school board is made up of politicians and only see to economy and over all issues for maybe 10 schools each of every level below college.

Yeah. I'm probably incorrectly using the term "school board" to be "school administration, period", since it's so easy to use, which is wrong, since the thing I see as really wrong is principals and the like who can't think on their own.

Emp_Dragon

• Harem Master
  • Submit to the power of Sam
    • MSN Messenger - erik.arteus@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2009, 08:25:37 am »
Ah, well the principals here are hogtied from going that way over here since they are hired on a political mandate and might be replaced if parents complain too loud as far as I've understood it.

Tyris

• Slave Groupie
  • U Hrair
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - tyris_stark
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2009, 10:43:03 am »
We used to call our headmaster the Tiny Tyrant. The man was a lunatic - though nothing like on the level of what you describe.
You can't look dignified when you're having fun.

Foof

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2009, 05:42:27 pm »
God gave man the option to think.  Man gave himself the option not to.

RoninAngel

• Eternal Lover
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2009, 02:09:00 am »
Well this wouldn't be the first time that nut jobs (I assume this news is from the South, as I have yet to read the article) denied a girl something like contraception or birth control pills or emergency contraception or condoms because of moral panic. "Public health be damned! We answer to a higher authority!"

:(

Edit: I guess these morons didn't even have moral panic as a justification. Just idiocy. It's like a real life Monty Python sketch. But less funny. Perhaps it will motivate the mother to put her daughter in private school.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 02:21:08 pm by RoninAngel »
I got 99 problems but a nymphomaniac jester girl ain't one.