Author Topic: TALK: Nightmares  (Read 28568 times)

Keaoden Silverstride

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
Re: TALK: Nightmares
« Reply #60 on: March 24, 2009, 01:06:37 pm »
Nightwraith is that an open for my character to come in?

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • Me the 13th Duke of Wymbourne are they quite mad!
    • MSN Messenger - oddballsco@hotmail.co.uk
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - oddball24sco
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: March 24, 2009, 01:14:47 pm »
any one ready to post?
What good is dreaming it if you don't actually do it?.

NightWraith

• Forbidden Fruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 24, 2009, 02:22:22 pm »
You can come in at any time Keaoden.

Basically the camp is under attack from Morgoi, still trying to fine tune the details of what they "look like" now. But generally where ever they are there's a "shadow" over everything. Hence why the stars are vanishing and the fire doesnt cast as much light. The clan themselves I imagine to be like one huge shadow now (except morgoi himself, whoh doest ride with them.. I have a clear idea on him at least) so they seem to grow out of the "shadow" that accompanies them. Just imagine anything scarey (and humanoid/mounted human) like.. I did think that they could kind of ooze up from the ground as some kind of shadow creature as well... so basically let your imagination go wild with them.

One other point (was going to leave it for you all to work out. but probably easier if I tell you so I dont have to keep mentioning it), Jenii's hair and eyes turn black the closer the nightmare or any of Morgoi's clan is to her. (kind of an early warning system as it were.. it's not her 2nd power as such, but it is linked/part of it)

Admiral Apocolypto

« Reply #63 on: March 24, 2009, 02:46:46 pm »
I'm not sure if Delphiki is still in the camp, or if he ran like hell when he realized that Motor-head knew Mission-Impossible (the wordsmith that Delphiki killed by quite literally shutting down all his functions and leaving him to die).

Well, not ran, but left at his own pace.  Although it's not like anyone knows he was responsible, or knows anything of his power.

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: March 24, 2009, 03:55:48 pm »
was sort of thinking the shaddow would take on the humanoid shape of the character's fear or something that distrubed them. for example for my character it would be Wade his best friend managled from that avalanche.

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
« Reply #65 on: March 25, 2009, 08:47:24 am »
wont be aorund much for the next three nights until Saturday.  This is my first night on at work so if any thing is about to happen you have the go ahead to control my character as the need arises.

Admiral Apocolypto

« Reply #66 on: March 25, 2009, 11:48:54 am »
I know.  No guns.  But like I clarified in character, it's a magically modified crossbow that is for all purposes a silenced handgun (it shoots small rocks).

Chag4

• Kinky
  • PM of awkwardness
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 25, 2009, 02:55:12 pm »
Greeeaaat.
You remember my second character last time Moosey.
Yeah, she'll like that ability of Jenii's. ;)
Awkward hugs are my speciality.

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • MSN Messenger - charles_wilkinson@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: March 25, 2009, 04:14:02 pm »
Quote from: Admiral Apocolypto
Just as he thought this, he noticed a change in the mind of the man standing next to Motor-Head.  He was terrified, and still had his hand on the hilt of his sword.  Delphiki was intrigued by this visitor, and decided to test the visitor's ability, to see if he was truly a threat.  A simple push was all he needed, as the pawn was already considering rushing the intruder.

As the man rushed towards the intruder, now fully committed, he raised his sword and gave a mighty yell.  The intruder did not move, until at the last possible moment pulled out a curious metal object.  It was about the size of a dagger, but was shaped differently, with a bent hilt.  At the end of this item was a small hole.  In a fraction of a second, the intruder had pulled this object out, pointed it at the man, and without a word, the man stopped running.  After a brief pause, the man fell dead, with a small hole in this center of his forehead.  Delphiki quickly realized that this man had a miniature crossbow, but there was something special about it.  It must have been modified magically, as an arrow would not come out fast enough to pierce the skull, especially from such a small bow.  Even more troubling was the lack of an arrow...

As far as I know, the man standing next to Motor-Head was Duncan (Oddball's character) and the intruder was Keaoden's character... Did you just have Keaoden's character kill Oddball's character with a rock-throwing, magick crossbow?  Sorry I'm not sure if I'm reading it right, but who exactly is the visitor and who exactly is the intruder you're talking about there?
CLAN OF THE CATS IS MAKING A COMEBACK! JUNE 8th.  BE THERE!

Admiral Apocolypto

« Reply #69 on: March 25, 2009, 08:45:31 pm »
Crrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrap.  I thought it was just a random grunt that you happened to see there.  The visitor and the intruder are the same person, the one with bright eyes that Keaoden mentioned.

...yeah, Keaoden pretty much ignored my post, so I'm going to...delete it.  It never happened.  Duncan's still alive.

Edit: Also, I didn't realized the guy with the bright eyes was Keaoden's character.  Kinda stupid of me.  So I made Keaoden shoot Duncan in the head.  Except I didn't, because that post is gone.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 08:52:30 pm by Admiral Apocolypto »

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #70 on: March 25, 2009, 09:10:43 pm »
*lol* I wasn't sure if the guy with the yellow eyes was Keaoden's character when looking at his first post either.  I thought he was controlling and creating some monster in the darkness, until his latest post.

For your own post, I get the impression that the darkness is enveloping the ENTIRE campsite and already attacking others. So your character is probably already seeing a few of these shadowy, mounted beasts (see Nightwraith's reply #62 above in this OOC thread for a further description of the foe).  I have no idea if your character's mental abilities should have any sway over them, or if you'd simply be entering a never-ending nightmare that the shadow's host is going through.  I guess if you decide to avoid controlling them, you could always decide to join Duncan, Motorhead and Jenii then simply instill in them a sense of duty to protect you from the shadows while you protect their minds from the nightmare *shrug*.  Beyond that Kaeoden's character has joined us, but I don't know what you can expect from an undead in regards to the mental arena.

...Damn! We need to get the hell out of here!

Admiral Apocolypto

« Reply #71 on: March 25, 2009, 09:16:25 pm »
I think this should be interesting, Delphiki is going to manipulate Richard the old fashioned way.

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #72 on: March 25, 2009, 09:24:57 pm »
@Oddball: So does your character have any connections to the curse?  I know only females bare it, but I guess it also means that you can kill someone who has the curse.

I suspected which universe your character was from when I saw the name Chattan, but it wasn't 'till I saw the emblem that I was fairly sure you had.  Damn it's good to see that Jamie's got his sight back and is churning out the pages again.  I've been desperate to see the end of that Dracula story.

Admiral Apocolypto

« Reply #73 on: March 25, 2009, 09:36:37 pm »
Charles, I haven't revealed it within the story, but I did in my description, so I'll remind you that Delphiki's powers involve all kinds of manipulation, not just in people's minds.  He has telepathy and telekinesis, so if he has to, and he really doesn't want to (because the fewer who know how powerful he is), he can protect himself.  It's also why he's not afraid to approach Richard, he knows his weakness, and with a simple thought can cave Richard's head in, destroying his brain.  Sure, he can do this to anyone else as well, but there's no way to hide his involvement except by making a death look like an accident.

Keaoden Silverstride

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 25, 2009, 09:46:04 pm »
Admiral I'm a little iffy on that part about the telepathy working on Richard. Hes more of a magic undead, so no part of him is really working outside the nightmare stuff that keeps him going. Plus there an amusing plan B with regards to Richard should he even be 'Destroyed'

Admiral Apocolypto

« Reply #75 on: March 25, 2009, 10:12:36 pm »
If his memories are there, there's no reason Delphiki can't access them, because his brain seems to work.  But like I said, Delphiki will not be using his telepathy to plant thoughts in Richard's mind, only to get information.

Lucid Nightmare

« Reply #76 on: March 25, 2009, 10:16:08 pm »
Admiral I'm a little iffy on that part about the telepathy working on Richard. Hes more of a magic undead, so no part of him is really working outside the nightmare stuff that keeps him going. Plus there an amusing plan B with regards to Richard should he even be 'Destroyed'

He just comes back alive again? Or perhaps if dismemberment is involved, the severed limbs wriggle around?

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
« Reply #77 on: March 26, 2009, 01:12:21 am »

@Charles Chatton is accutally my clan name the Davidsons was part of it.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 01:18:16 am by Oddball »

Admiral Apocolypto

« Reply #78 on: March 26, 2009, 01:16:00 am »
...no.  He isn't.  Did you not even read my follow up here?

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
« Reply #79 on: March 26, 2009, 01:17:55 am »
i retract and edit my last post

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #80 on: March 26, 2009, 06:20:25 am »
@Oddball: What'd I miss.  As for the Clan name, i thought you were making a reference to the comic "Clan of The Cats" which follows the Chattan clan and a curse that follows the female family members... Touch not the cat bot a glove

Admiral Apocolypto

« Reply #81 on: March 26, 2009, 11:03:41 pm »
Alright, where is everyone?

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: March 26, 2009, 11:15:48 pm »
I was sort of waiting for Jenii to respond, or nightwraith to make a move with the aggressors out there.  Everyone here appears to have super-human strength or an ability to kill everyone in the vicinity with a thought, so despite being a clan warrior, I'm not sure exactly how far my character could get against an opponent on horse with a sword, bow or spear.

Currently Motor-head's tactic would be to stand his ground and defend rather than attack, but if I write in one of the nightmares attacking then I should simply presume that Delphiki crushes its skull or obliterates its mind before it gets past him to me, or finishes raising it's arm for a crushing blow.

What are the limits to that psychic ability?  Are people able to offer ANY resistance to the mind reading or manipulation?  Is there a limit to the strength of the telekinesis or could you crush 30 skulls and lift a buss as long as it's in your line of sight?  Does the effort of either power cause you exhaustion or do you have unlimited, godly power over mind and matter?

Admiral Apocolypto

« Reply #83 on: March 26, 2009, 11:27:03 pm »
The limits of his power are that he will not use his power in front of anyone else, at least not in a way that they can know what he's doing.  He doesn't force people to do anything, he simply puts thoughts in there, and if people know this, they'll ignore thoughts they know aren't theirs.  As for his physical ability, he would never crush a skull, that'd be strictly for Richard.  And he's not even sure he can do that, with a normal human he'd do something far more subtle.  In combat, he'd be more likely to use his power to turn objects into ranged weapons.  Trust me, though, if a battle were to come out, he'd make himself scarce, and nobody would consider that odd.  After all, he's a child, nobody would think him fit for battle.

NightWraith

• Forbidden Fruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 27, 2009, 01:25:08 am »
I was sort of waiting for Jenii to respond, or nightwraith to make a move with the aggressors out there.

Yeah, sorry been very busy the last couple of days, would of posted something in the evening but by that time my typing skills consisted of mashing the keyboard and hoping I'd hit the right keys.

Quote from: charles
Everyone here appears to have super-human strength or an ability to kill everyone in the vicinity with a thought, so despite being a clan warrior, I'm not sure exactly how far my character could get against an opponent on horse with a sword, bow or spear.

As I said in the initial post you shouldnt be able to wipe an entire army out with your powers (should your character feel inclined to do so), they should (however) give you a one-on-one advantage...

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
« Reply #85 on: March 27, 2009, 01:37:24 am »
I wont be here tonight due to work but again if need be some one can control my character. ill be doing a catching up session tommorrow.

kenny_b_kool

« Reply #86 on: March 27, 2009, 03:44:46 am »
Can I please join.

NightWraith

• Forbidden Fruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 27, 2009, 04:11:27 am »
OMG it's a Kenny!

And of course you can...

Admiral Apocolypto

« Reply #88 on: March 27, 2009, 09:09:27 am »
NightWraith, I can't help but get the feeling you don't read my posts.

NightWraith

• Forbidden Fruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 27, 2009, 09:23:59 am »
I'm not intentionally ignoring any of your posts.. which post (or part of post) are you referring too?

Jenii picked up on Richards name from what your character said (at least from reading it I understood that your character spoke, unless I misread due to lack of tea...).