Author Topic: Nightmares  (Read 29556 times)

Keaoden Silverstride

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
Re: Nightmares
« Reply #90 on: July 13, 2009, 11:59:58 am »
Richard was once again on top of the hut, laying out looking at the sky when Opal had stared singing. He closed his eyes as if to go to sleep, but there was no rest, only blank, black, darkness. He opened them back up once the little elf had stopped singing, "Still nothing" he said to himself.

Hopping down off the roof with just a small tap he ran off to again check the edge of the village, in hopes of encountering at least something to fight.

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • MSN Messenger - charles_wilkinson@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #91 on: July 15, 2009, 08:09:22 pm »
*Motor-Head put his bowl down and went to Jenii's side*

"Are you alright young Jenii?  What troubles you?"
CLAN OF THE CATS IS MAKING A COMEBACK! JUNE 8th.  BE THERE!

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • Me the 13th Duke of Wymbourne are they quite mad!
    • MSN Messenger - oddballsco@hotmail.co.uk
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - oddball24sco
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
« Reply #92 on: July 27, 2009, 02:18:56 pm »
*Sitting back in the corner Duncan picked at his food watching as Motor-Head talked to Jenii wondering what was going on inside her head and what was going to happen next to this little band.  He stood up and walked to the window on the other side of the room, it was still light out side and would not get dark for a good few hours yet so they where still safe from the shaddows they fought through the previous night.  Was it only last night? it had seemed longer but then to Duncan while in combat time always slowed down.  A totally random thought came to mind,*

"It's only dust down here on the plains nothing to hold a man in his grave, not like the green land of the glen."

*why had he thought that? was he going to die here unable to complete his quest? what about his two remaining clansmen? where are they? are they alive or dead? he did not know but he knew he would do his duty and fight alongside his companions while he still could.*
What good is dreaming it if you don't actually do it?.

NightWraith

• Forbidden Fruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 29, 2009, 12:57:10 am »
"The voice," Jenii whined, "it wont go away, leave me alone. Keeps talking to me. Wants Jenii to go to the south, then east. south then east. south then east. Answers."

"You should listen to it girl. It has answers." She hobbled over to Duncan, "Relax, the Nightmare will not come here, it hunts elsewhere tonight."

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
« Reply #94 on: August 01, 2009, 06:17:10 pm »
Looking down at the old woman for a few seconds Duncan finally said to her:

"what do you know of these, what did you call them........nightmares? and how do you know that they hunt in a diffrent place tonight?"

Just then came the wild howl of a wolf hound far off across the plains   

Keaoden Silverstride

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 04, 2009, 06:28:09 am »
Richard sat back against a rock picking his teeth of the last bits of wolf meat from the pack he had slain. Not much but fun, animals were always too easy. He did get a half-dozen decent pelts out of it, maybe those two other warriors could use them for something. That little one could have one for a bundle or something. Looking down into the far away valley he could see the edge of the shadow heading away from them. "O well, another night of boardom."

Throwing the still steaming pelts over his shoulder he headed off back to the hut and that nut of a girl, but not before spotting something that had him annoyed since the day he turned. An out of place animal, a rusty coated, mountain lion sat, paws crossed over one another laid on a rock not far away just looking at him. Richard let out a sigh and started to walk away from it saying, "I really don't have time for your riddles, so screw off woman."

The cat just kept looking at him with a calm disposition, and when Richard had his back turned she spoke in a low soft voice, "I doubt that Dick, unlike everyone else, you have all the time in the world. So shut up, sit down and listen."

Richard groaned, "Fine, but if this is going to be like the last one, you can take it and shove it."

The mountain lion was gone now, and only a pure black fox trotted along the ground. "Take me in, from the sea of the eagles realm, forged quicksilver from the pool of hammers."

Richard closed his eyes and repeated what the fox had said. Then he started to walk off. "I'll tell you what I think next time."

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
« Reply #96 on: August 30, 2009, 03:29:50 pm »
The howls seemed to linger in the air for a long time, causing Duncan to turn back to the window and look out over the plain towards where the noise had come from.  He forgot about the old woman standing beside him as he thought about his hound and wondered where it was and why it had not come back with Jenii.  Duncan glanced over his left shoulder at her still being comforted by Motor-Head, She was in not fit state to be questioned about what had taken place over some thing as trivial as a pup.  What was going through her head? What things tormented her? Where they anything to do with the nightmares that had attacked them? From what the old lady had said Jenii might hold some sort of key to what was happening here but if not they where in for a long journey to find out how to stop these things.

NightWraith

• Forbidden Fruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 14, 2009, 12:32:21 am »
"We should go, now." Jenii announced suddenly spinning around, "go now go go go go go... which way , way which, which?"

She stopped suddenly, the old woman was no longer there Mother Roan had mysteriously vanished.

"Hm, she's gone already. Gone gone gone. We go to." She pulled at Duncans arm like a child wanting to leave, "we go."

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
« Reply #98 on: October 27, 2009, 08:59:40 am »
Just by looking down into Jenii's eyes sent a cold shiver down Duncan's spine.  He knew she was right, they had to leave now or their cold shallow graves will be dug here if not then left out on the open plain left for any passing beasts to devour.

"Ok then Jenii, which way do you suggest we go? we can go back south and possibly meet up with those creatures again, head North up into the mountains and avalanche conditions, East or to the West of which I have no knowledge of what lies there in this region." 

Chag4

• Kinky
  • PM of awkwardness
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 02, 2010, 05:39:29 pm »
(OOC - Post your complaints if you don't like it. Also, I'm making this quite short, and trying not to give away who is with, so that people can join up later if they would rather do that.)

Days had passed since the little group of strangers had left the mountain village and Mother Roan's house. There had been little time for conversation as they had been moving most of the time.
Opals ribs were a little better, and she felt much less pain, but the flask of painkilling draft that Mother Roan had given her was empty and Opal knew the next part of the journey would take its toll on her.
The group had had little sense of direction, following every step the girl Jenii took, without really knowing where they were going. They were realizing that they should plan ahead and get a better grasp of the situation.
For now, they had managed to keep a fair distance between themselves and the nightmare, which was still too close for them to feel safe, but not really hunting them.
There hadn't been much talking, and Opal dreaded the time when one of the others would ask her how she had gotten through the nightmares. She was also determined to keep her past secret. She would be a fool to tell. For now, she didn't want to worry much about what was to come. After all it was meaningless.

Opal gave Pearl, who was sitting in front of her on the horse, a light kiss on the top of her head, and held her a little closer. She looked around at the others, wondering if the would take a short break soon.
Awkward hugs are my speciality.

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
« Reply #100 on: January 31, 2010, 12:19:35 am »
Duncan was at the rear of the group not only to keep a watch for anything that could come at them from behind but also to keep a careful watch on the group.  Opal, he knew, was still hurting but how much she would not tell but also on Jenii the past few days must of taken some sort of toll on that tortured soul,
“Maybe she would let me tightly bind up her ribs with damp flax strips.  That had always worked in the past, well it certainly did when I got caught in that avalanche in my youth.”  He muttered to himself and unknowingly reached down and touched his own ribs.  When Opal looked round Duncan narrowed his eyes slightly and squinted at her and gave her a cold hard stare there was something strange and mysterious about her and a few things have still been unasked.
   The group had been unusually quiet; Jenii still muttered mindless ramblings to herself which no one tried to understand even Motor-head had said very little which was not like him at all, it was like every one had withdrawn into themselves, had something or some one affected them thus? Their surroundings did feel sinister also Duncan felt like some thing was following and watching the group from afar but from where and how many he could not tell.
   Duncan reached round into his pouch and took out some oats which he was saving for his morning porridge, lent forward and fed them to his horse this also allowed him to search his surroundings this action seemed so casual that it would not alert anyone watching.  Again he returned to his vigil of Opal and her little friend, some how they reminded him of his wife and daughter both taken from him one to her funeral pyre the other to lands unknown.  Even the thought of his missing little Wolf hound bothered him he still had not asked Jenii what had happened before they had to leave the village. Duncan shook his head to get rid of those thoughts and looked at his horse its hair was coated with sweat and it was starting to breathe hard, he cantered to catch up with the others,
 “I can hear fast moving water up ahead that should provide us with clean water so I suggest we have a rest up there and allow our horses to be fed and watered for awhile or they will collapse.  We have been pushing them hard and I get the feeling we all could do with a break as well to ease our sores.”  This last bit was said looking at Opal with a hard weather beaten stare that could out stare the harshest mountain blizzard. 

Keaoden Silverstride

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 01, 2010, 12:34:07 am »
Richard just walked along following the group around not really caring where they went or why. He had never cared, nothing mattered to him, he couldn't die, and didn't age, he never even slept. He would be the one to stand watch at night, his dead yellow eyes would cut through the darkness showing it to him a world lit like cast in moonlight even on the pitch black nights. The thing that did bother him was the woman's riddle, they always bothered him. He didn't know why he would see her or what the riddles meant but they did alway have him doing things that he wouldn't normally do, or ever do for that matter. He would even talk out loud to himself from time to time as they walked, he didn't care if they heard.

"Take me in, from the sea of the eagles realm, forged quicksilver from the pool of hammers."

He would repeat what he was told from time to time, trying to figure out what it meant and what he had to do. Well at least it kept him from being board all the time.

Snapping back he looked up at Duncan as the man spoke. Richard shrugged, looking up at the tired horses, "If one drops I'm not carrying the packs." It was true he still had that pack full of wolf skins, not having a chance to do anything with them yet.