Author Topic: Nightmares  (Read 29700 times)

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • MSN Messenger - charles_wilkinson@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
Re: Nightmares
« Reply #60 on: April 01, 2009, 05:48:00 pm »
*Motor-head spured his horse onwards, clearing the darkness with Richard behind and Duncan only just escaping.  Glancing over his shoulder as the horse galloped up hill, he noticed that the Darkness seemed to start spreading out and searching again.  He turned his vision forward once more, not chancing his horse to find the correct path or his ability to keep in the saddle without giving the mount his full attention.  Up ahead, he could still see the light from the glowing mount and it's riders, much further up the hill but as he watched the light began to diminish and then seemed to fall before extinguishing all together. He nearly missed Jenii and another rider who now sat mounted upon an impressive stead beside her, as he continued towards the glowing rider's last location.*

"Give chase to the illuminated ones!  The nightmare searches for us!  Tarry no longer and make haste to the village!"

*with that his horse continued up the slope until it dropped it's speed to a trot from exhaustion and the precarious, night path, moments before they happened upon the two riders and their stallion who nuzzled at them as they lay on the ground.  Motor-head brought his horse to a stop and quickly dismounted to check them finding one who appeared to be the eldest huddled over the other protectively but unconcious with an array of bad bruising and maybe broken bones.  As he carefully moved her he spied the younger one's frightened eyes connect with his as she gripped the gown of her protector.*

"Do not fear, young one.  You saved our lives and for that, I will see you both to safety"
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 07:19:40 am by charles »
CLAN OF THE CATS IS MAKING A COMEBACK! JUNE 8th.  BE THERE!

NightWraith

• Forbidden Fruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 02, 2009, 07:33:49 am »
"You left me alone," Jenii said accusingly, coming up behind Motor-head, "Twice! That's not nice, not nice at all, not nice to Jenii!"

Suddenly she stopped and peered at him suspiciously, "You're supposed to be dead. I saw you go into the darkness the night those mean things, mean mean mean. They like to hunt, to kill, to scare. You're not dead are you?"

Reaching out she pinched Motor-head.

"No not dead, alive, alive alive alive." Still not aware of the other two Motor-head was trying to help she threw her arms around his neck, giving him a big hug before realising there were others there.

"Jenii," she said holding her hand out to them.

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • Me the 13th Duke of Wymbourne are they quite mad!
    • MSN Messenger - oddballsco@hotmail.co.uk
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - oddball24sco
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: April 03, 2009, 12:39:20 am »
   “That was one hell of a ride!  Have not done some thing like that since I was on a raiding party on Clan Cumberland in Glen Derry many moon’s ago. ” Duncan exclaimed as he caught up with the ever growing party.
   “Aye Jenii lass we are very much alive....well barely, we just got out of there thanks to that sudden streak of light.  My poor horse has lost its tail to one o’ them a fine trophy it will make too but not as good as some one’s skull.”

*Looking past Motor-Head Duncan saw two shapes on the ground, he could not be sure of what they where, his night vision was taking an age returning after being ruined by the streak of light. Dismounting Duncan moved closer and discovered it was two girls and one of them was in a very bad way.  He knelt down beside the oldest and quickly going through the folds of his Kilt Duncan found his pouch and took out a small clay jar of honey and proceeded to apply it the cuts and bruises.*

“Honey just does not make a fine spread on a bit of bread or a drink it also has excellent healing properties learnt that the hard way after almost getting gutted by a Broadsword, does any one have any spare bits o’ cloth so I can cover up these grazes?” Duncan asked the others,
   “And get your nose out of there pup that’s not for you to eat just now, well I can’t keep on calling you pup better give you a name how about Arnim? Aye that will do now go off and lie down while I see to this young lass.” With that Duncan gave Arnim a tap on the nose and quietly got to work attending to the lass.
What good is dreaming it if you don't actually do it?.

Keaoden Silverstride

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 06, 2009, 08:32:06 am »
Not really doing a whole lot, Richard just stood by watching the rest with some curiosity. The one that made the light was kinda interesting, but the other girl that what was her name...Jeni was it, odd sort of girl. Still munching on the arm of the Morgoi he just walked over to Jeni, and shook her hand with his free one, "Hi I'm Richard"

NightWraith

• Forbidden Fruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 06, 2009, 09:14:32 am »
"Jenii", Jenii said.

Grabbing the arm Richard was munching on she pulled it over to her and sniffed it.

"Bad meat," she told him letting it go.

Grinning inanely at Richard for a moment Jenii watched him eat, then turned and rushed over to the man in the skirt, "Who are they? who who who."

She peered down at them for a moment.

"They look cold, we need fire. Warm, heat, cold no good. Not cold."

With that she scurried off into the darkness, holding her wrists near her shoulders and making claws with her hands.

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
« Reply #65 on: April 06, 2009, 03:14:39 pm »
*Before Duncan could answer any of jenii's questions she had gone.  Looking round to watch her walk away he whistled for Arnim, who came bounding over to his new master*

"Arnim follow and protect ."

*Was all Duncan had to say pointing towards Jenii. Obediently the wolf hound went after her while Duncan turned his attention back the young girl.  If only there was a safe way they could move her.  If there was plenty of wood and if it was strong enough they could make a poke and move her to a decent shelter instead of having to make a temporary one out here in the middle of the Steppe.  He was not sure if the Dark Shaddow that had attacked the Ville was still out there or if it had followed them.  if it had he was confident of the ones around him would be able to hold the specters off  for long enough until he had finished his work of tending to these wounds. 

"Ah what a fine group we hae here." Duncan muttered to himself "I wonder what brought us all here together in this place at the same time?  And what do we have in common? but first lets finish off this wee job first."

Chag4

• Kinky
  • PM of awkwardness
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 25, 2009, 02:53:45 pm »
Pearl was scared to death. Lots of people had gathered around. One of them was poking around her mistress, but she was too exhausted to move.
She pressed her head close to her mistress' chest, listening to her heartbeat, reassuring herself that her mistress was alive, as if it would stop if she stopped listening to it.
She barely noticed that someone lifted her mistress up, and they began moving, upwards. She just held herself close, and soon she fell into sleep.

(OOC - No dying for this RP. I'll double post a thousand times if I have to. So, just assume someone carries her, or put her on a horse, and they are moving towards the villgae. After such a long time, maybe a skip would be appropriate, so you don't have to wait for Opal to wake up. You know what, yeah. A skip..:)

----------------------------------

Opal felt hungry. It was as if she had slept longer then a normal person normally should. Also she probably hadn't eaten since before they camped and had to run from the shadows.
THE SHADOWS! Opal got up quickly, which made her notice her broken lower ribs. She crouched slightly from the pain, but looked around.
She was in a room. She had been lying in a bed, a plate of food was set on the nightstand.
Looking closer at the bed, she saw that what she had thought was an extra blanket, was in fact Pearl, lying huddled asleep.
She carefully sat down on the bed, so not to wake Pearl. There was no danger here. At least not now anyways.
She turned her attention towards the food. It smelled delicious. It was hot, as if someone knew she would wake up soon and had made her a meal just in time.
Hesisitantly she started eating. It was good to fianlly get some food. As she decided she would save the rest for Pearl, something put it's small arms around her wast, hugging her from behind, tightly. Opal turned to find Pearl looking up at her, relief in her eyes, as if she had missed her sorely.
She embraced the little elf, happy they had both survived their encounter with the shadows, saying nothing, as if words had no meaning to them.
After a long while, Opal let go.
"Are you hungry?" Opal asked. "The food was delicious."
Pearl shook her head, then nodding towards Opal with a smile, as to say that Opal should go ahead and eat it.
"You already had some food?"
The elf nodded.
Opal ate everything, realizing how hungry she had been only afterwards, as she felt more alive then she had done for days. Maybe more alive than in years, considering who she had been living with up till now.

Someone knocked on the door.

(OOC - I'm hoping someone will continue this with me, and that someone may be the someone that knocked on the door to check on Opal and Pearl. Please correct me if the village doesn't consist of houses, and I'll change it to a tent. BTW, this post was lame.)
Awkward hugs are my speciality.

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: June 25, 2009, 05:28:08 pm »
OOC: HERE I COME TO SAVE THE DAAAAAAY!

*Motor-Head waited a few moments after the knock and entered with a pitcher of water and some clay bowls, then spied that the younger girl was now awake and smiled as she turned an uncertain look to her older companion*

"Fear not little one.  You are safe now, as am I thanks in no small part to you and your mistress."

*Motor-Head placed the pitcher and bowls where the plate of food had been, allowing the girls to pour water and quench their parched throats*

"The others with me are just outside, or in the town trying to gather supplies and learn more of the nightmare that nearly took us.  Your horse is in the stables. Heh, he is a noble and loyal beast for he would not leave you and objected to us taking you inside until the lady here stirred and reassured him.  You both appear recovered from the ordeal but finish the food and join us when you are able."

*with that, he made to leave*

Keaoden Silverstride

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 25, 2009, 09:52:28 pm »
The tapping of light footsteps came from the roof right above their heads. Then, like he was leaning over looking in Richard's head popped into view at the top of the door looking at them upside down. "So yah, it doesn't look like any of them followed us." He said speaking to Motor-Head.

Somersaulting off the roof and to the ground he stood in the doorway not paying any mind to Opal or Pearl. "I'll take another look round come night fall to be sure but, this place should be safe for a day or two."

Finally looking past Motor, Richard smiled at Opal, and gave her and Pearl a little wave before turning his attention back to Motor, "By the way have you seen that odd girl, Jeni I think it was, shes gone missing again."

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
« Reply #69 on: June 26, 2009, 02:15:38 am »
*Duncan sat crossed legged on a boulder at the south edge of the town, sharpening his sword with his whet stone staring out towards the direction where Jenii and his wolf hound had walked off.  He had all ready whistled more than a half dozen times to see if he could hear Arnim answer his call.* 
"Arnim will protect her, he took on those two spectres pretty well before I turned up. Hmmm that food smells good I wunder if thur is any left?"

*With that Duncan gently eased himself off his perch and stomped into town in the search of food looking back every so often in search for Jenii and Arnim.*

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #70 on: June 29, 2009, 05:22:08 pm »
*Motor-Head's face frowned with concern*

"No Richard, but I believe the warrior Duncan is looking for her.  He would no-doubt have sent his wolf with her.  She appears troubled but I'm certain that she is a key part of this dark puzzle that troubles us all, and our destinies are no doubt closely entwined in her fate.  We must keep an eye out for her.  She has not still not slept since that short spell before our troubles last night and I believe she holds a fear of slumber now.  The girl could collapse from exhaustion at any moment."

Chag4

• Kinky
  • PM of awkwardness
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 30, 2009, 12:46:21 pm »
Opal looked around at the two men in the room, clearly confused. She listened to their conversation for a short while.
"Ah, thank you for taking care of me and Pearl," Opal said, still confused. "But, who are you? And what do you mean by 'others'?"

(OOC - I feel like shit. Can't do no more for now. Btw, Charles, love your sig.)

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #72 on: June 30, 2009, 08:41:11 pm »
*Motor-head turned and flushed slightly*

"Ahhh, forgive me ladies, I should have told you about those you saved.  Last night, as you rode through the... "nightmare" you saved myself, Richard here and another warrior in a skirt, Duncan, from it's grasp.  We followed your trail, together with a girl, Jenii, who warned us of the nightmare and also assisted our escape and there was another rider who's name I have failed to ask for, though I have not seen her again today.  Up the mountain some way we found the two of you collapsed from exhaustion.  But I believe it is fate and not co-incidence that has brought us together.  A great terror evidently troubles this land and the Great sky mother has seen to it that we should be brought together to set things right.  To that end, I aim to aid you all as we venture forth."

NightWraith

• Forbidden Fruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 01, 2009, 02:46:20 am »
The old womans knobbly walking stick rapped hard against Richards left hip.

"No-one will be venturing forth until they've had some more rest." she said sternly to Motor-head, indicating Opal and Pearl.

Hobbling over to a small wooden table she took some roots and herbs from a bag and dropped it into a bowl before picking up  a small lump of stone and starting to grind it. Using the stone she gestured to the door for a moment. "I believe you lost this."

Jenii danced into the hut with a big grin on her face. She had lost her jacket somewhere and her bare arms were covered in a number of small scratches. A single, long red jagged cut ran down the length of her left arm.

"Sit down girl," the old woman told her, sounding a little irritated.

Jenii tapped her right fist to her left shoulder in what seemed to be some kind of salute, before grinning at Motor-head and dropping into a pile of furs.

The old woman emptied the half the contents of the bowl into mug before adding some water and stiing it together. She added a small amount of some strange dark liquid to the remaining contents of the bowl and used the rock to mix it all together, the result was a rather nasty smelling paste. She hobbled over to Jenii and held the mug out.

"Drink this, all of it mind." She instructed.

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #74 on: July 01, 2009, 04:34:05 am »
*Motor-Head started at the old woman's sudden appearance and watched in stunned amazement as she continued about her way without paying them any heed.  He smiled with relief as Jenii waltzed into the room but frowned at the injuries to her arms and found himself reaching for his own crude animal-hide bag which contained various herbs for cleaning and dressing wounds but stopped as the old woman instructed her to sit with the obvious intent of tending to the injuries herself.*

Thank you, wise woman, for finding our lost comrade. We are indebted to you.  I am Motor-head, Journeyman Bear Warrior from the clan D'isni, First of the clans amongst the Bloodline of the M'Woki,  This is Richard and I am afraid to say I have yet to request the names of the girls taking rest, but may we know your name and what it is you know of our quest?

NightWraith

• Forbidden Fruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 01, 2009, 05:21:02 am »
"Young folk, always asking questions." The old woman said as she busied herself applying the paste to Jeniis wounds. "If you used your ears half as much as your mouth Motor-head, Journeyman Bear Warrior from the clan D'isni, you would know I am Mother Roan. You would also know this is my hut you're tracking you mud into." She glared at Jenii, "Drink it girl, the thorns of a mailen bush are poisonous, you're lucky you are not crippled the amount of thrashing about you did."

"But it smells horrible." Jenii complained peering into the mug.

The old woman made a harumphing sound before scooping more of the paste out of the bowl with her fingers.

"Drink it girl, or I'll pour it down your throat myself." The old woman told her sternly.

Hastily Jenii help the mug up to her mouth and drank the contents in one go, ending with a satisfied sigh. She thrust the mug out at Mother Roan, "More, please." She said with a grin.

"More!" The old woman exclaimed, "Do you know how long it took me to find the herbs to make that much? The rest of it is going on your arm, it will neutralise the poison in your wounds and allow them to heal." She narrowed her eyes, "and that is where it is staying. I wont have you trying to eat it off your arm."

Jenii's face fell.

"Now where was I?" She asked as she stood up and wiped her hands off on a piece of linen. Crossing the room to where Pearl and Opal sat she used her thumb to open Opals left eye wider and peered into it.

"Oh yes, questions." She said, "I know nothing of any quest, yours or " she moved to look in Opals right eye. " otherwise. There's always someone on some quest or other. Always the young folks too." She let go of Opal, "You'll be fine, but I'll give you a draft for the pain, there is a lot of riding ahead of you and broken ribs are not something you really wish to ride with, but there is little time to wait for them to mend." The old woman bent over Pearl but spoke to Motor-head and Richard. "But you are different, you don't know what it is you quest for, or why. But you do know you should be on one."

The woman glanced at Opal, saw her attention was elsewhere and dropped a sweetmeat into the childs hands. Winking at her the old woman straightened up and looked at Motor-head.

"You should not be looking at me for the answers, but her." She turned to Jenii.

Jenii froze, the bowl in which the woman had mixed the paste in one hand and two fingers of the other covered in what was lef tof the paste halfway to her mouth. Mother Roan frowned at her and jenii hastily wiped the  goo off her fingers and put the bowl down with a grin.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 05:22:33 am by NightWraith »

Keaoden Silverstride

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 01, 2009, 07:23:34 am »
Richard had moved aside upon the rapping at his side. He stood off to one side, arms crossed patiently listening to the old woman. Its not like he had anything better to do or anywhere to be.

He smirked under his mask when he spotted the little treat Pearl received.

When the old woman told them that Jeni, the little nut of a girl was the carrier of their answers Richard laughed, and laughed hard. "You must be senile, or just as mad as she is you old hag." He laughed pointing at Jeni.

"O I'm sure it would be a grand old 'quest' following little miss clouds for brains around. Maybe our first stop should be to find her some sense! Bwhahaha" Richard was nearly doubled over in cruel laughter.

Chag4

• Kinky
  • PM of awkwardness
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 01, 2009, 02:16:29 pm »
"Rather her than you," Opal said eyeing Richard suspiciously.
"Anyways, my name is Opal, and this is Pearl, my... er, companion I guess. This 'quest' or whatever, has nothing to do with me, and I am most cirtainly not going with anyone. I just want to be left alone for once."

(OOC - This is shit. Opal just became some snotty 'too-good-for-you' asshole. Please kick her ass with some common sense. Or rather just tie her to a horse and force her with you untill she understands that she needs you to get away from any kind of nightmare, and also that you need her or something.)

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #78 on: July 01, 2009, 05:06:13 pm »
*Motor-Head's peanut brain missed the sarcasm and malice in Richard's voice*

"I believe the wise woman knows something of our plight and may be able to guide us but I fear the journey to sanity is not one we can follow at will"

*he turned to Opal with an almost sad look*

"I fear that it is destiny and fate choose us and the harder we try to run from it the more Sky Mother works to put us on the path she needs us to follow.  The great Sky Mother has guided you to us and despite any efforts you have put in to avoid it this nightmare will threaten everyone on this world and only grow in power making our task all the more difficult for when we choose to turn and face it.  Talisman evidently guides his spirit through your veins and has given you gifts to combat the darkness so that you may protect us and fight with us as we will fight with you and protect you with our lives to see this threat extinguished.  Only when you face the threat and defeat it can you move on in peace."

NightWraith

• Forbidden Fruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 02, 2009, 12:53:38 am »
Jenii looked on the point of tears as Richards laughter echo'd around the hut. Expecting Motor-head to stand up for her she was shocked when he did not and fled from the hut in tears.

((OOC: Hopefully toward Duncan))

The old woman jabbed Richard hard in the ribs with her walking stick, "Being dead is no excuse for ill manners." She chastised him.

"As for you." Mother Roan said turning to Opal, "Do you think your father is just going to give up looking for you? Do you think you can outrun him? Keep running and soon your light will go out. No, if it is peace you truly desire then go with them, otherwise stop wasting my time and go back to your father and your clan."

Keaoden Silverstride

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 02, 2009, 01:25:13 am »
Richard was still chuckling to himself as he watched Jeni run out of the small hut in tears. "Well now, it looks like there is something rattling around in that skull of hers."

At the jabbing of the old woman Richard only mocked her as well, "And what would you know about being dead...then again you do look like a corpse."

Looking over at Opal Richard grinned under his mask, "My my, what a little princess we have here. Should I be bowing, and tending to your every whim?" He started to walk out of the hut, "Tell me when you're all ready to leave, I'm getting something to eat."

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #81 on: July 02, 2009, 01:35:28 am »
*Motor-Head frowned with confusion at the situation.  He quickly decided he needed to chase after Jenii to determine what was wrong and ensure her well-being, his dense head, still not understanding the malice in Richard's words considering he came from a race of men who mostly consisted of people denser than him save the one odd person who would house an intellect to rival a supercomputer.  Such people were known as wordsmiths and Motor-head was certain that this wise woman may well be one herself.  Jenii's behaviour hardly struck him as odd, nor did the thought of having your head in the clouds for that would only bring one closer to Sky Mother.*
"I bid your leave ladies, I should ensure the young one is safe"

*and with that he made to leave and give chase to Jenii*

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: July 02, 2009, 08:04:41 am »
* Duncan only had one more corner to turn before he was on the allleyway that lead to the hut, when Jenni with a mighty crash ran straight into him.  picking her up Duncan said*

"Ah fair Maiden, or by the state of you that should be fair Midden, where have ye been? what's wrong? what happened? and most importantly where is Arnim my wolf hound? but firstly lets get you cleaned up and all those cuts taken care of, ye look like ye whur dragged through mountain gorse backwards.  Here lass take this rag and dry yer tears."

*Duncan knelt down to take a closer look at Jenii's cuts and bruises, some had all ready been tended to by the looks of them, he took out a pouch full of old cob webs and moss and applied the mixture to some of the more deep and open wounds. once Duncan had finished he headed off towards the hut with Jenii in tow, but had to shorten his pace so she could keep up ignoring Motor-Head he marched on.  When he got there he burst into the small room with all the force and fury of a mountian storm*

"WHAT THE HELL DID ANY OF YOU LOT SAY OR DO TO UP SET THE LITTLE QUINNE? are ye proud of yersel's? we have enough trouble right now with those shaddows out there reeking havoc 'pon this land without causing trouble amongst oursel's! and answer me this where is my wolf hound and is there any food left?"

Chag4

• Kinky
  • PM of awkwardness
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 02, 2009, 12:41:15 pm »
Opal was completely thrown aback by the old woman's words. Surprised and frightened she pushed herself further back on the bed, up against the wall.

"What the hell would you know!?" She screamed at the woman, ignoring Duncan who had just come barging in with Jenii. "No. What DO you know? How can you know! There has to be some other way. Who are you to say I only have two choices? Why should I listen to some random old lady's empty words anyways?"

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: July 02, 2009, 07:51:07 pm »
*Motor-head was now utterly confused as he wondered out to find Jenii and Duncan tangled up on the ground.  He watched as he comforted her for a few moments then stormed past him, dragging her after and burst into the hut.  Fortunately the memory of why he was confused was already beginning to fade from his mind into blissful fog. He stood there a bit stunned at the conversation taking place, trying to remember who these people were and what was being discussed so feverishly. But grasping the concepts he approached Opal with a calming voice*

"Now is not the time for rash words fair lady.  You and the young one have been through an ordeal and must regain your strength.  There shall be time for you to consider your choices and come to your own conclusion that your path has crossed with ours for a purpose."

*Motor-head turned to Mother Roan*

"Shall I gather meat for the night's meal?  We should eat full as we discuss the journey Great Sky Mother needs us to take and prepare to head out on the morrow."

Chag4

• Kinky
  • PM of awkwardness
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 03, 2009, 05:46:20 am »
Opal was trembling slightly. She knew she couldn't go on all alone, no matter where she was going, that would be too dangerous with the nightmares all over.
She knew she could never outrun them, at least not forever. But how was she supposed to face them anyways? And what could she do?
It all seemed hopeless. The only solution was, and she knew it, to join with these people, who could, and probably would, help her.

"I don't even know you. How am I supposed to trust you..." was her last counterargument, and faded away amongst the voicec of the others.

(OOC - Translation of the last sentance: mumbling so it shouldn't be overly noticeable.)

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
« Reply #86 on: July 03, 2009, 04:54:23 pm »
*Duncan could tell some thing had happened here but not sure what, so he let his temper settle a touch but going by the atmosphere it must have had something to with the two they meet up with during the night.  So Duncan moved further in to the hut gently moving Jenii in front of him forgetting about his missing wolf hound and his hunger for now but still had a look of thunder on his face.  He lent against a far corner of the hut a gave his chest a rub, his scar always hurt when he was angry but Jenii running into him did not help either she must of bruised a couple of his ribs.     He felt tired fighting all night, the long trudge up here constantly checking for the shadows return and the self imposed stag duty earlier did not help either and he knew that he would not get much rest today for there was many questions to be asked and also to be answered and then there was checking of weapons.  But Duncan’s main concern was that living nightmare he had before the attack, what could bring back some thing that had haunted most of his younger years of losing a Blood Brother and seeing the state of what remained of Wade.  He had seen death up close before.   Frew, his third oldest brother, had been trampled by a bullock while they where taking the cows to pasture, but this was some how different it was like this was going to come to life and come after him.   
   With out realising it Duncan had slid down the wall and was now sitting on the floor legs out in front of him and his head still against the wall, one thing he was conscious of was trying to keep his eyes open, he did not want to dream the rest of what happened at the Buchille Ben Jearag...........................

Chag4

• Kinky
  • PM of awkwardness
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 04, 2009, 03:35:32 pm »
Opal shivered slightly, she felt tired, she couldn't think all this through right now.
She pulled Pearl close, and slid under the bedclothes to get some sleep.

---------------

Pearl let her mistress pull her close. She would be tired, and had a lot to think about.
Pearl loved being close to her mistress. She loved her more than anything, because she was the only family she had. The only one who considered her a person.
She opened her mouth, and let her voice leak out, filling the room with clean, calming notes, singing her mistress to sleep, before falling into sleep herself.

---------------

Opal's face relaxed and her mouth turned into a broad loving smile, as Pearl's voice filled the room. She stroked the elf's head, before falling into sleep.
Most people's sleep would be black, like the darkness that fills your sight when you close your eyes, or filled with dreams, or nightmares, but Opal had never known this, she knew that people sometimes woke up screaming claiming they had creamt horrible things, but she had never experienced this herself. As long as she could remember, her sleep had been white. Completely white. Like light, but not uncomfortable and making you unable to sleep. Just white.
Pearl had also had this kind of sleep every time she had been with Opal, but Opal didn't know this, because Pearl had never felt the need to tell her.
Opal just thought, that her sleep wascompletely normal, and that some people just didn't have nightmares. She just didn't know any better.

(OOC - A little explanation of Opal's powers affecting sleep, also to make this thing move. I'm going to force the RP forum forwards with every fibre in my body! HAHAHAHAHAHA *old-lady-who-thinks-she-is-smart-laughter*!)

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #88 on: July 04, 2009, 03:55:43 pm »
*Motor-Head watched as Duncan's mind seemed to sink as he held onto Jenii's hand.  Jenii herself would not meet his gaze and Opal seemed on the verge of a mental break down.  Even the wise woman seemed to look on them with a sort of pitty, but then a song filled the air, a beautiful song that just wispered to the room but it's sudden beginning didn't seem to startle anyone.  Motor-Head felt like the troubles of the world begun to lift as Opal appeared to calm and warm to her charge while Duncan appeared Smoothed by the melody as well.  A smile crossed his lips as he watched Janii close her eyes with a smile and sway her hips in a funny sort of rythem.  Finally his gaze set on Pearl who's beautiful voice produced the words that felt like a blanket to both warm the body and ward away the troubles.  Motor-Head almost regretted turning to the old woman to bid his leave.  But unlike the others, her face was almost one of sorrow as she looked upon those in the room.*

"This is good for us all to feel the weight lifted, but I shall hunt now so that we may eat well tonight and have this one last rest before we face the quest that lies ahead"

*With that, he took the quiver of arrows at the door and headed into the late afternnon.  he returned later with a small boar to find Duncan repairing some holes in his clothing, the two elf girls still asleep and Jenii helping the wise woman prepare rations and equipment packs for their journey the next day.  They cooked the boar and the girls woke up just in time for them to begin supper together.*

OOC: Hows that for progress?

NightWraith

• Forbidden Fruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 13, 2009, 03:06:07 am »
"Eat," Mother Roan told the group, "I have rounds and things I must take care of. You must eat as you have much riding ahead of you. All of you," she added with a stern look at Jenii. "You should not be here when the moon rises tonight." and with that she grabbed a bag of ointments and potions and headed out of the hut.

Jenii sat her for a while not looking at the others and pushing the food on her plate around, she shot a hurt glance at Motor-head then looked own at her food again.

Suddenly she put her hands to her head, "No," she said firmly, "go away, leave me alone. I'm not listening."