Author Topic: Sex roles and the double standard.  (Read 30178 times)

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • MSN Messenger - charles_wilkinson@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
Re: Sex roles and the double standard.
« Reply #60 on: July 09, 2009, 08:33:42 am »
HAHA I can recall this video of a bank robber coming into the bank with a motorbike helmet on.  He started ruffling through his bag at the door and these two Asian girls behind the counter looked at each other with concern and prepared themselves.  The robber rose from his bag with a gun just in time to be greeted with a never-ending barrage of objects thrown by the girls.  He ducked, weaved, moved closer and further away and the constant stream of thrown objects just followed him the entire time until he ran from the place.

A scared woman with a bunch of easily thrown objects in reach is a force to be feared.

Hey! Here's another double standard I just recalled.  Moving heavy objects: A girl comes into our area and asks for assistance in moving some heavy servers looking straight at the boys.  Instantly every guy is at his feet ready to help...  I come into our area and ask for assistance in moving some heavy servers and not one of the girls even looks up while the guys sort of look between each other to check if someone else is getting up before one grudgingly admits he can lend a hand.

I wanna see girls lifting the heavy stuff with me or even each other, why always look to the boys?
CLAN OF THE CATS IS MAKING A COMEBACK! JUNE 8th.  BE THERE!

Selan

• Heavenly Orgasmic
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 09, 2009, 08:51:34 am »
Well i don't have experience with that... The waterbottle from the watercooler always seems to be empty when i want a drink. I always put on a new bottle and the guys just sit there and watch. I have to lift the bottle that weighs abut 20kg above my head as the damn thing is so high. On the other hand.. It makes me feel proud.. As they think i can't do it.

You know what really pisses me off?
I have a forklift licence, and whenever i'm on one the guys that pass by make remarks like: Uh oh!
Watch out! Do you have a licence?
Or they give me instructions... A little higher with thos forks. I'm like... WTF! I've been driving these things for years and never had an accident.. you don't do that when a man drives one.. Why do it to me?

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • Me the 13th Duke of Wymbourne are they quite mad!
    • MSN Messenger - oddballsco@hotmail.co.uk
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - oddball24sco
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: July 09, 2009, 09:20:42 am »
Oh thanks Selan you just reminded me of a German forklift vid I seen on Youtube  ;D
What good is dreaming it if you don't actually do it?.

Selan

• Heavenly Orgasmic
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 09, 2009, 09:29:10 am »
Well a guy on a forklift nearly ran me over full speed tho...
If i hadn't jumped away i would've been dead.

On the other hand.. he tried to on purpose so it doesn't really count.  :-*

But i do have to say that men are probably better drivers because they can calculate distances better then women.. It's a brain thing. That's why they are better at parking (in general)

Trombonefellow

• Rose Petal Acolyte
  • Push Ki
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Trombonefellow
    • View Profile
    • Twilight Key
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: July 09, 2009, 01:25:54 pm »
I'm pretty horrible at parking, I'll take forever finding a spacious space.
I have a boner...*plays a song*

RoninAngel

• Eternal Lover
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #65 on: July 10, 2009, 05:27:15 am »
I don't drive.

That's probably a good thing.

"Women drivers" can be as terrible as they want to be, long as they're not as bad as me.  :P
I got 99 problems but a nymphomaniac jester girl ain't one.

Razzly

• Erotic
  • Contrast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 12, 2009, 09:25:21 am »
I'm in the process of getting my license right now, and apart from being bad at parking and I sometimes make the car stop by not pressing the gas hard enough when I raise the... Otherthing (whatever it's called in english), I'm a very calm and careful driver.

Actually, most accidents are caused by impatient young men (16-20) who have just gotten their license, that overestimate their abilities and drive way too fast. Females tend to be slower and more careful, which isn't "cool" or "brave," but it's safer.

Winner of Brion Foulke's "cute little panda"-award.
"Mutta rukous on vain mutina tuulessa, ei sitä kukaan kuule..."

Churba

• Passion Player
  • The Fresh Prince of Leeds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 12, 2009, 09:54:19 am »
Otherthing (whatever it's called in english),
Clutch, ma'am.

Selan

• Heavenly Orgasmic
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 12, 2009, 02:30:51 pm »
Yeah same with bikes... I once sat on the back of a bike and almost sh*t myself because the guy had to be cool and nearly whipe out in a corner. It rather drive myself thank you!
(although i crashed one car and i was at fault ;_;)

Razzly

• Erotic
  • Contrast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 13, 2009, 02:15:34 am »
Otherthing (whatever it's called in english),
Clutch, ma'am.

Thank you, mister.

Deatzh: Yeah.

RoninAngel

• Eternal Lover
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #70 on: July 14, 2009, 11:45:55 pm »
Quote from: Razzly
Actually, most accidents are caused by impatient young men (16-20) who have just gotten their license, that overestimate their abilities and drive way too fast. Females tend to be slower and more careful, which isn't "cool" or "brave," but it's safer.
I believe it.
I'd also believe that there's a female in the car with the dudes in a good portion of those cases.  I know of guys who would drive perfectly sanely most of the time but the moment someone with a vagina is in their car, they're nuts.
It's ridiculous, not impressive, and lost this one fellow his opportunity to drive me around places.

I think that's kind of sexist.  :(
You know, there are other things boys care about besides impressing chicks, Razzly.

Selan

• Heavenly Orgasmic
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 15, 2009, 02:21:31 am »
You mean Deatzh, Razzly wrote the first quote wich didn't state anything about impressing chicks.

Razzly

• Erotic
  • Contrast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 15, 2009, 02:25:54 am »

I think that's kind of sexist.  :(
You know, there are other things boys care about besides impressing chicks, Razzly.

It's not about impressing chicks. It's thestosterone.
Young men with their thestosterone-levels raging don'd believe/care that they can get hurt, and often cause dangerous situations in traffic while "having fun."

I'll use my thestosterone-messed brother as an example: He drove 70 on a small 30-road, flipped the car around in the curve and trashed his friend's car only a few days after obtaining his lisence. He didn't do it to impress, he did it because he overestimated his abilities and was too high on his man-hormone to realize how dangerous and stupid it was.

Women have naturally lower levels of thestosterone, and are usually (whether it is from their upbringing or naturally, I'm not yet sure) more careful and nurturing anyway.

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • MSN Messenger - charles_wilkinson@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #73 on: July 15, 2009, 06:14:18 am »
It's not just the young guys. In later years, you'll also drive badly 'cos you hope it'll scare your Mrs. silent so you don't have to listen to the nagging.
CLAN OF THE CATS IS MAKING A COMEBACK! JUNE 8th.  BE THERE!

RoninAngel

• Eternal Lover
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #74 on: July 15, 2009, 10:33:06 am »
Well my boyfriend is an awsome and concervitive driver. And a lot of my male friends are good drivers too. No one in my life right now drives as aggressively as you say.
Honesty, I think that driving and gender an incedental to each other.

Razzly

• Erotic
  • Contrast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 15, 2009, 10:46:49 am »
I'm only stating facts Ronin. Your friends may just be calmer and smarter individuals, but that doesn't change the facts.

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • Me the 13th Duke of Wymbourne are they quite mad!
    • MSN Messenger - oddballsco@hotmail.co.uk
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - oddball24sco
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
« Reply #76 on: July 15, 2009, 11:44:24 am »
Stats show that teenagers are more accident prone while driving.
What good is dreaming it if you don't actually do it?.

Pozf

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • What is a man?
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 15, 2009, 11:44:56 am »
I've never noticed that, there are a lot of asshole drivers around here, most of them young guys, but I've never noticed the whole girls in the car thing.

I'm just plain impatient.
'Science is on the march. Don't get in its way.'

akashayi

« Reply #78 on: July 15, 2009, 12:07:01 pm »
I wanna see girls lifting the heavy stuff with me or even each other, why always look to the boys?

I find I'm usually the one lifting stuff, so.... ,':o

RoninAngel

• Eternal Lover
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #79 on: July 15, 2009, 12:20:12 pm »
I'm only stating facts Ronin. Your friends may just be calmer and smarter individuals, but that doesn't change the facts.

And what facts are those?
I am sceptical of your "facts," espeshally when you name ecactly 0 sources.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 12:23:00 pm by RoninAngel »

Selan

• Heavenly Orgasmic
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 15, 2009, 12:30:46 pm »
Check out car insurance, they investigate a lot of this stuff and they've made statistics about high risk groups. One of them is young men.

Pozf

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • What is a man?
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 15, 2009, 12:33:29 pm »
Yea young guys will have higher rates then young women.
'Science is on the march. Don't get in its way.'

hunterxemyn

« Reply #82 on: July 29, 2009, 05:59:41 pm »
Some things on the rape issue:

In places like Saudi Arabia, if a woman is raped, it's automatically her fault. She provoked the man, of course. So she is the one who is punished.
This is a modern belief, as sad as it is. You can still find traces of it even in places such as England or America.

Also, it's horribly sad that when men get raped (because of course it happens), they mostly don't seem to get help, because "they have to be strong and macho and it's shameful to be powerless", and that's bullshit.

And I have to laugh at the person who said this is a "woman's world". Are you kidding me? We're still living in a fairly male dominated society, even if it's not at the point that it was when women were seen as little more than objects.
Example: A woman, on average, makes 80 cents per one man's dollar, doing the same job, with the same level of experience. (And here's a source so I can say I'm not just pulling this out of my ass. XD http://usgovinfo.about.com/cs/censusstatistic/a/womenspay.htm )

Kanazaka

• Hot Streaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 14, 2009, 05:38:07 pm »
The only sex-role double standards I have a problem with are those relating to dating and relationships.  Mostly because I'm not very skilled in that department, so it would be nice if a girl were to take initiative more often, and be obvious when she does so.  Not "wrap your leg around me" obvious, but visible smiles and eyelash-batting would be nice  :-*.  But I'd settle for a girl asking me if I want to hang out with her, rather than me always doing the asking.

CrystalDragonSpaceMarine

• Eternal Lover
  • Show me your enemies.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: September 10, 2009, 08:10:36 am »
The only sex-role double standards I have a problem with are those relating to dating and relationships.  Mostly because I'm not very skilled in that department, so it would be nice if a girl were to take initiative more often, and be obvious when she does so.  Not "wrap your leg around me" obvious, but visible smiles and eyelash-batting would be nice  :-*.  But I'd settle for a girl asking me if I want to hang out with her, rather than me always doing the asking.

I've known at least one girl that was totally into me, probably the only girl who actually ever had interest in me. She did all sorts of thing, hanging around and such, like she was waiting for *me* to ask her out, which I never did, since I wasn't that interested in her.

Azure

« Reply #85 on: September 14, 2009, 03:23:01 pm »
I have to jump on board with this one, because I like when girls are a bit more aggressive myself.  I'm pretty shy normally, and that's a bit of an understatement, and the relationships I've had have mostly been with the girls who weren't automatically expecting me to make the first move.

There are plenty of double standards that are unfair to women which I hate and won't participate in.  In this day and age, we should be equals.  That's how I was brought up.  In fact my mother was the major bread-earner in the household, while my dad was often home cooking for us (especially in the winter when he was laid off).  My mom was a professional driver (take that 'women can't drive') for UPS for almost 20 years.  The only accident she was ever in, she was stopped at a red light, and some idiot crashed into the back of her giant brown truck.  Of course, as a professional driver she was automatically the one at fault  >:( how's that for total bullshit?

CrystalDragonSpaceMarine

• Eternal Lover
  • Show me your enemies.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #86 on: September 14, 2009, 04:05:40 pm »
The only accident she was ever in, she was stopped at a red light, and some idiot crashed into the back of her giant brown truck.  Of course, as a professional driver she was automatically the one at fault  >:( how's that for total bullshit?

I find this hard to fathom...unless she happened to be going backwards at the time, usually it's the fault of whoever crashes into the back of someone else's vehicle.

Azure

« Reply #87 on: September 14, 2009, 06:20:21 pm »
Normally yes, but a professional driver on the job is ALWAYS at fault for ANY accident, since they are the professional.

CrystalDragonSpaceMarine

• Eternal Lover
  • Show me your enemies.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #88 on: September 14, 2009, 06:50:42 pm »
Normally yes, but a professional driver on the job is ALWAYS at fault for ANY accident, since they are the professional.

If that's a law, it's really dumb. I mean, sometimes the other person is just an idiot that can't be avoided.

But that's a digression of topic.

parameciumkid

• Kinky
  • http://helia.heliohost.org
    • AOL Instant Messenger - parameciumkid
    • View Profile
    • Helia - The Girl in the Yellow Dress
« Reply #89 on: September 14, 2009, 07:05:08 pm »
I've always been a believer in equal rights for women, including the right to get punched in the face when they get offensive, just like a man would.

But in a somewhat related topic (the unrelated part being the unrelatedness to sex), I don't like the idea that when there is a collision it's always the teenager who is at fault. Maybe it is more often than not, but I'm offended that I have to pay higher insurance rates simply by virtue of being a teenage male.
Hi.
I've been out for two years, so warn me if I act like I missed something obvious. ^^;

...oh, and to anyone who missed me, I'm open to hugs, kisses, and intense tearful cuddles.