Author Topic: CrossRaced  (Read 12905 times)

NightWraith

• Forbidden Fruit
    • View Profile
Re: CrossRaced
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2009, 01:50:34 am »
(OOC: Falcons in human form still Poz - having spent 15 years with just animals means she can vocalise like them, it's like learning to talk))

New scents began to reach Falcon, there were more strangers ahead. Twisting her head from side to side she let out an angry hiss. She searched the shadows up ahead as the four-legs ran, they were there somewhere, if he carried on the four-legs would lead her right into them and that was no way to hunt. Much to the relief of her arms she let go of the four-legs and tumbled to the ground.

Landing lightly on her feet Falcon slipped quietly into the shadows of the rock walls, once there she plucked at her clothes as if they were ill-fitting and uncomfortable. She hated the leather bindings the woman had forced on her but the rest of her pack had them too. It had been a strange pack indeed, although she had the faintest recollections of her mothers pack using them to as did the pack who had put her in the box made from trees. Still that wasn't important now, she could smell the others up ahead and began stalking quietly through the shadows on hands and feet toward them.

"What's this idiot doing?" One of the bandits asked.

"Handing himself to us, Harker." The chief answered. "In another few seconds he'll have spent that rod, and then he is ours."

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • MSN Messenger - charles_wilkinson@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2009, 05:40:10 pm »
*Thornback cursed, aloud this time, as the girl let go. He stopped briefly to see if she needed help then noticed her begin a silent, predatory approach to those ahead.  He decided to go with it and continued forward in the open to keep attention on himself.  It also gave him plenty of room to dodge if an arrow or magick was sent his way.  He twirled his nailed club a few times in his hand as he approached even closer, keeping in line with the wild girl who remained hidden almost to the extent that he found it hard to see her himself.  Whoever was there, knew that they were sighted by now so he called out.*

"Be ye friend or foe?  I'm not one ta bother a friendly traveler but I does mean ta pass, an if youse know whats best fer ya, you'll let me through untroubled!"
CLAN OF THE CATS IS MAKING A COMEBACK! JUNE 8th.  BE THERE!

Chag4

• Kinky
  • PM of awkwardness
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2009, 08:31:08 am »
Ruby had been wide awake since the first sounds of trouble. After a few loud howls she heard Drogaen waking up.
Ruby stared at the road of the passage. Everything outside her little 'cave' was covered in moonlight.
If she went out, she would have no chance at all. She wouldn't be able to defend herself and would be easy prey, also, between the people closening in on them there wasn't enough space to get up in the air.
She felt quite doomed, and went pale.
"You go," she said to Drogaen and swallowed. "I have a better chance of hiding or fighting them off in here."
She knew she couldn't do it, but couldn't make her feet move anyways.

(OOC - I was thinking Drogaen would maybe drag her out or something, and then she'd transform and be pissed. Maybe she could make a running start towards Thornback and Falcon (who would probably try and eat her or something), or Drogaen would have to carry her. D: She is quite helpless as a swan.)
Awkward hugs are my speciality.

Pozf

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • What is a man?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2009, 09:39:02 am »
"Pass please, I have no reason to fight you"  He turned his head to the person barreling towards him but only for a moment. "Now you," He turning his attention back to Ruby "Don't be stupid." Feeling he would get nowhere with the stubborn woman he moved quickly toward her. "Fine." he said as he grabbed her and threw her over his shoulder "We'll do this the hard way."

Drogean waited for the centaur to pass before he headed out into the moonlit passage, but as soon he stepped into the moonlight something weird started to happen to Ruby on his shoulder.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 11:57:47 am by Pozf »
'Science is on the march. Don't get in its way.'

Chag4

• Kinky
  • PM of awkwardness
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2009, 02:34:07 pm »
Ruby whimpered as Drogaen threw her over his shoulder, knowing what would happen next.
She barely noticed the centaur that went past as Drogaen went straight out into the moonlit path.
Less then a second passed before Rubys body started glowing, and diminished into a ball of light. All her gilded armour, her spear and sword, cloth and bandages fell to the ground around Drogaen with a lot of rattling, and as the glowing ball that had been Ruby changed into the form of a swan, black feathers shot out and covered her entirely.
She squawked angrily at Drogaen and pecked him in the head with her beak.

NightWraith

• Forbidden Fruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2009, 03:00:48 pm »
Falcon stalked closer through the shadows, then a light shone from where the new smells had come from. Instinctively Falcon froze. Luckily for her the natural folds of the rock wall left her in shadow and when the light had subsided she slunk forward again. Soon she would be in striking range of her prey.

CrystalDragonSpaceMarine

• Eternal Lover
  • Show me your enemies.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2009, 03:22:10 pm »
While it was true that the fire-rod was almost out of juice, what the bandits were not aware of was that it was the least of Antipathy's tricks.

"Hm, now where've the others, buggered off to, leaving me here to deal with myself."

Pozf

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • What is a man?
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2009, 03:45:52 pm »
"Ow..." Drogaen rubbed his head where he had been pecked. "I was not expecting that... So how are we gonna do this." He looked perplexingly at the bird. "Oh! I got it!" he gently placed Ruby down on the ground and removed his robe, revealing his very muscular body and almost grotesquely large legs. He  started to tie his robe in knots until he made it into a sling." There!" He had created a deep pocket cradle to carry Ruby and her clothes, He gathered up Ruby' clothes placed them in the cradle.

Drogaen kneeled down "Hop in." He said as he reached for Ruby's weapons.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 04:45:33 pm by Pozf »

Chag4

• Kinky
  • PM of awkwardness
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2009, 04:17:42 pm »
Ruby eyed the sling, clearly dissatisfied with the situation, but she climbed into the cradle, wings halfway out to keep her balance. She made herself as comfortable as possible, folding her wings, protecting her things from falling out as she expected a rough ride.

Pozf

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • What is a man?
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2009, 07:14:03 pm »
Drogaen stood up, Ruby sank deeply into the pocket leaving only her head and neck over the top he stuck her sword into one of the knots in the sling and carried the spear by hand. "All ready to head out Ruby?" He asked rhetorically as he walked back out the way he came. "So... uh... do you have any idea where we should be heading?" He looked down at the bird. He kept his free arm around the sling to make sure Ruby didn't fall out of the makeshift carrier.

(OOC- the underlined part, that wouldn't be considered power playing would it? I don't think it is I just want to be sure.)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 07:17:24 pm by Pozf »

Chag4

• Kinky
  • PM of awkwardness
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2009, 07:50:24 pm »
Ruby moved around as Drogaen started to walk out the way she had come into the passage.
As he asked where they should be heading, she resolutely poked a wing out of the sling, pointing it towards the other end of the passage, the side she had been heading for.
She knew for a fact that the land beyond grew green.

(OOC - No worries Pozf.)

Pozf

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • What is a man?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2009, 08:03:33 pm »
"Oh" He turned around by Ruby's direction. 'I really hope that centaur down that way doesn't need my help.' he thought knowing that he would be almost incapable of fighting with Ruby and all of her belongings around his body.

He slowed his walking speed to a saunter, staring up at the nights sky, full of stars, occasionally looking forward to make sure he wasn't going to run into anything. "Beautiful night tonight isn't it" He looked down at Ruby "... But I suppose you don't really get to enjoy them do you." He said as he brought his head back up to the sky.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 09:12:41 pm by Pozf »

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2009, 11:02:01 pm »
*Thornback kept level with Falcon and made sure he was between them and her as they passed him.  It was only after they passed that he realised they were also crossraces like himself, but before he could shout a warning about the bandits chasing them he noticed others ahead, skulking through the shadows of the passage way, heading in their direction and swore under his breath as he turned to the wild girl*

"Caught b'tween a hammer an anvil we is lassy." *he said quietly, pointing mildly in their direction*

*He turned to warn the others but Javelin and Dralor's arrival did that for him.  Javelin's keen half-elven eyes spotted the firey steps of Drogaen and spied his face immediately.  Although he wasn't sure what to make of the Swan, he knew the being was a crossrace immediately.*

"Bandits follow us through the passage! They will take you for the bounty!"
*He spied Thornback up ahead, getting ready to face off against what were evidently more unfriendlies* "Help us fight through the others if you wish to live.  At least 15 follow our tail."

*Two of the bandits approached Thornback.  He charged one of them, forcing the man to defend a swing from Thornback's club, but the dwarf-centaur used the stop in momentum to swing his hind quarters around and deliver a mighty kick to the man's face, sending him crashing to the ground.  The man locked with Thornback freed an arm from his short spear and delivered a mighty blow to his face.  Thornback crashed to the ground an looked up as the man turned his back to Falcon who remained hidden in the shadows and raised his spear to deliver a fatal blow to the prone being.*

NightWraith

• Forbidden Fruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2009, 12:10:28 am »
((OOC: I assume you need me to save you charles....))

Falcon shot out of the shadows, crashing into the back of the man who stood over the four-legs with his stick poised to strike, her teeth digging into the side of his neck where it met his shoulder. The two went down, the man screaming in pain as her sharp teeth ripped a chunk of flesh out.

Kneeling on the mans back with her hands on his shoulders Falcon prepared to make a killing bite when the mans companion delivered a hard kick to her side sending her rolling across the ground. Coming up on all fours Falcon prepared herself to make another attack as the man hefted his spear.

Pozf

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • What is a man?
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2009, 12:32:19 am »
Hearing the man's warning from behind, Drogaen lit his free hand on fire, and made a motion in the air letting him know that he was heard. Drogaen started into a jog, situation Ruby's spear inside another knot in his robe.

"This is going to get extremely bumpy, sorry." He clutched where Ruby was to make sure she would not fall out and began to sprint. Smoke began to pour out of his nostrils and mouth, and the small trail of fire he left behind became a full blaze, leaving a constant stream of fire a foot tall, and smoke clouds, in his wake. He jumped far enough back from the downed centaur to clear him by just a few feet, landing right near the assailant who just kicked the feral woman.

Using the momentum from the jump, he in one swift motion he shifted the sling around his body to one side, and slammed the bounty hunter into the rocks, the sounds of ribs breaking was audible. The bandit crumpled to the ground moaning in pain.

"Are you two alright?" He asked as he turned around, his voiced lacked any of the personality it had just a few moments earlier. The fire left his hands and feet, smoke no longer came out on his exhales, and his hair burned much less brilliantly, taking the almost sunlight like glow in the area, back down to a dull lantern.

(OOC- Edited for a minor overlooked detail)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 12:46:28 am by Pozf »

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: July 24, 2009, 12:46:50 am »
OOC: I was half worried that you'd simply have her sit there and groom herself *LOL* P.S. are you controlling the group of 20 bandits still?  I think CDSM might need a response from them since he's currently in solo combat with the group.

*Thornback got back to his hoofs as Dralor and Javelin arrived. The remaining three bounty hunters blocking their path begun to back away behind one of the men's shields as they faced the five crossraces.*

"Nice hit" *remarked Javelin as he looked over to the bandit's broken body*

"Aye, the lad seems ta have quite a punch there"
*Thornback said with a grin*

*Javelin took a few moments to assure Falcon that the others in the pack were safe and would not harm her. Then he turned back to the bandits ahead of them.*

"Their only chance is to slow us down, we need to break through and outrun them before the bandits behind overcome Antipathy and we're facing them from both sides" *He drew his bow and released an arrow into the front thief's foot, sending the man to the ground with a cry.  As he fell with his shield, Dralor quickly shot a magick missile into the bandit behind him and Thornback charged forward and swung his club into the prone man's head, the nails penetrating his skull. The last man turned his back to the group and made to flee*
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 01:11:51 am by charles »

Pozf

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • What is a man?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 24, 2009, 01:32:25 am »
"Heh, you should see me when I don't have a swan strapped around my body." Drogaen grinned as he turned to the half elf. "So how's the other guy gonna catch up?" he said ignoring the minor battle going on behind him. "It appears we could probably move pretty fast... even with all of the grunts in our way."

NightWraith

• Forbidden Fruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2009, 01:55:26 am »
((OOC: I know, not sure what to do with them yet. Would like to avoid a CDSM waves his magic wand and all 20 drop dead scenario. Keeping them alive gives an immediate common threat we can all "bond" over))

Falcon ran toward the last man, snapping and growling at him as he left. She chased him for half a minute before turning back to the four-legged one and his pack.

She trotted back up to the small ground, made a circuit of them and then froze for a moment. One of them was carrying food, she could smell it, a feathered long-neck. She moved toward him, sniffing all the time.

Chag4

• Kinky
  • PM of awkwardness
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 24, 2009, 07:18:14 am »
Ruby hissed threatening at the strange girl coming towards her and Drogaen. She knew a predator when she saw one.
They all acted the same when they saw her in the moonlight.
She continued to snarl and hiss, getting onto her feet as much as she could in the cradle, forcing her wings wide out, ready to jump at the predator if she should come too close.

NightWraith

• Forbidden Fruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 24, 2009, 09:07:31 am »
Keeping just out of striking range Falcon circled the feathered long-neck and the man she was attached to looking for an opening to strike.

Pozf

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • What is a man?
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2009, 10:45:39 am »
"Hey hey, whoa, Stop! I get it, feral girl thinks you'll make a fine meal." He said trying to force Ruby back into the pouch. "If you want me to keep you alive you need to stop squirming and sit down." Drogaen pulled out Ruby's spear and turned his attention to the wild girl. "Can anybody tell her that the swan is not food? I'd rather not have to hurt her." Drogaen pointed the dull end of the spear toward the Feral girl.

Chag4

• Kinky
  • PM of awkwardness
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 25, 2009, 12:58:24 pm »
Ruby settled down into the cradle, but kept her eyes on the predator all the time.

(OOC - Maybe we should try moving on soon? I'd say it's time for some introduction, however it wouldn't be right for Ruby to introduce herself as <insertswansquawk>, So I'm thinking that's up to you guys for now.)

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2009, 01:10:26 am »
*Javelin was surprised as he listed to the Swan's curses and threats at Falcon, surprised at the apparent intelligence of this particular one, then he frowned as Drogaen spoke to it and it appeared to both understand and follow.  Thornback spoke up and made sense of it.*

"Tha swan's a lass.  Crossrace changer she is.  Was thinkin' me self mad at first but makes sense now."

*Javelin smiled, then spoke to Falcon and informed her that the swan was not her true form and she was an ally.  He wasn't sure if she'd understand the concepts of shape-shifting.  Then he turned to Drogaen and the swan girl*

"I can understand your swan tongue if you need me to translate, but I think we'd best flee and find safe shelter for the night.  I was hoping to funnel the bandits into this passage and remove the advantage of their numbers, but my comrade is keeping them back and with the loss of he and another, I'm doubtful we can take them."

*Dralor spoke up* "They could be approaching us now, with an invisibility spell. We must move"

"considering we're all crossraces here, I think we can trust each other for the time being. Lets go!"

*He called to the wild girl to follow as he started off with Thornback and Dralor chasing after him*

Pozf

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • What is a man?
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 28, 2009, 03:17:28 pm »
"It's not like actually being a half-breed means anything anymore." Drogaen said as they started to move out. "The inquisition is actually starting to delude some half-breeds into being disposable double agents..." His voice got really quiet near the end, realizing how the statement could spark some kind of animosity in the makeshift group.

Just then Drogaen noticed the light his hair was giving off, and instinctively tried to put his hood up. He grasped around behind his neck for a couple of seconds before he realized he wasn't wearing his robe at the moment. "Damn, I hope I'm not giving away our position too much." He said looking around somewhat nervously.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 03:20:03 pm by Pozf »

CrystalDragonSpaceMarine

• Eternal Lover
  • Show me your enemies.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: July 28, 2009, 09:45:24 pm »
ooc: um...okay, Blackwood pulls out his portable plot hole and shows up wherever everyone is talking.

Chag4

• Kinky
  • PM of awkwardness
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 29, 2009, 07:04:29 am »
(OOC - Lol. Just have him knock out the people when he sees everyone's gone, then go down in the passage and follow it to where they stand, then we'll all just walk off.)

NightWraith

• Forbidden Fruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 29, 2009, 07:37:25 am »
((OOC: He could always have a "teleportation stone"  that teleports him to a random location within a mile and just so happens to dump him out near our group))

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: August 05, 2009, 11:15:12 pm »
OOC: I think I could cover this. I need to get rid of another one of these NPCs anyway.  They're cramping Thornback's style *lol*.  Not sure what I'm going to do about Javelin now.  His "beast talk" has kind of become a little essential.  He's really overshadowing Thornback.

*Thornback looked back to Drogaen with a frown and then realised his dilema with the glowing/flaming hair*

"Oi! Dralor! We's got a beacon back 'ere"

*Dralor looked back then removed his own cloak, revealing his crossrace as something of a half human and half sheep creature.  He handed it to Drogaen*

"Here, it's fire-proof as well, so you can cover your hair and not worry about sending it to the gr..." *he paused, then shouted up to Javelin* "I sold Blackwood my old summoning stone! We can retrieve him with that!"

*Javelin came to a halt as they exited the mountain passage* "Do it! While he's still alive!" *he shouted*

*Dralor closed his eyes and appeared to pray, then thrust his arms forward and shouted something in an indecipherable tongue creating a pillar of purple energy for a moment.  In that instant Blackwood appeared with another man tackling him from the front.  Blackwood droped to his back and thrust his legs forward sending him flying right into Dralor as the attacker caught alight on fire.  The mercenary wailed as the flame quickly became a bright wight light, encompasing Dralor as they fell towards the ground and setting his woolen body on fire.  The man was ash before they landed, and Dralor's charred body held life for only a moment after that.

Thornback stared in stunned silence as Javelin dropped to his knees next to the sorcerer who had been a long-time friend*

Chag4

• Kinky
  • PM of awkwardness
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 09, 2009, 01:48:16 pm »
(OOC - Well, I don't think Ruby needs Javeling forever, let's keep him for now. Wow, you put us all in a pinch charles. xD Nobody wants to be the heartless fucker who tells people to get their ass in gear in the middle of a funeral.)

Everybody stared for a while as Javelin sat on his knees unmoving.
No one felt like saying anything and the silence streched, untill the black swan let out a squawk.
In any other situation Ruby would feel embarassed at the sound of her voice, especially in such silence, but that did not matter right now.
"He's dead," was the meaning behind it, something only Javelin would understand.
Javelin turned his head and stared into her rock hard honest eyes. His where empty and matte.
Swan tounge would be a lot simpler than human speech, and so the exact translation might be different, but the meaning behind the words the same.
"What is done, is done. No one can reverse it," she continued coldly. "Don't risk your life for someone who is already dead. I won't. Let us go before they kill us all. We can mourn him when we are safe."

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: August 17, 2009, 08:24:02 pm »
*Javelin's couldn't bring himself to feel angry, still trying to process what had just happened and what had just been said to him, but Thornback's fingers grasped his shoulder and he turned to him*

"C'mon lad.  We've got ta move.  Without Dralor that mob'll tear us apart.  We need your help to get out of here before we're all lost"

*Javelin stood and looked into the woods, but his senses still reeled from the burning flesh and the shock of loosing a friend in such a manner.  Finally he turned to the wild girl and spoke to her in the animal tongue*

"We need you to lead this pack to safety.  Can you guide us through the bush so the others will loose us?"