Author Topic: CrossRaced  (Read 12897 times)

Chag4

  • Kinky
  • ***
  • Posts: 666
  • PM of awkwardness
    • View Profile
CrossRaced
« on: July 04, 2009, 05:57:41 pm »
Somewhere far away, in another world, there was a great king of the united nations of the continent. Early in this king’s reign, an old lady came forth with a prophecy that someday the king would be killed by a half breed, a crossrace.
The king had the lady executed, but he never forgot her words. He banned reproduction between different races, and made all half breeds outcasts, but that wasn’t enough for him. He formed “The Inquisition” a group of special trained men, who would purge, and execute every half breed in the united nations.
There were bloodbaths in every town in every country, and naturally, those who were left, ran away, until half breeds were all but unheard of. The king’s paranoia only grew, and still people were executed.
Then, rumors of a great valley reached the king, a valley where half breeds had settled down in great towns, living on, where no Inquisition could take them. He bribed, blackmailed, imprisoned and even tortured, but no one could tell him where the valley was. It was all but a legend, but it gave hope to the half breeds that were in hiding, forever running from the Inquisition.
Hope, of again being able to live.

Rules:
- Follow these: http://www.flipsidecomics.com/forum/index.php?topic=52.0
- Magic is allowed. So is most other kinds of things you can think of that can count as a weapon or fighting style. I’ll say if it goes out of line.
- NO GODMODING! It kills the fun.
- Please don’t kill someone’s character unless they want to.
- Your character CAN die, that’s why you run away.
- Romance, of course. That is how half breeds are made.
- Try to be clear and not make things confusing.
- Post your character in the CAST thread in the OOC area. NOT HERE, I'll have our mod move it if you do.

Profile skeleton
Name:
Race: (race/race – half/half – or quarter/quarter/half if you wish)
Age:
Gender:
Appearance:
Weapons:
Fighting style: (if you “just slash wildly and uncontrollably around with your knives”, you don’t have to write it down.)
Short Bio:
Other:

Feel free to add things to your profile if you feel like it. The more info the better. ^^,

------------------------
RP YOUR SOCKS OFF!!
Awkward hugs are my speciality.

Chag4

  • Kinky
  • ***
  • Posts: 666
  • PM of awkwardness
    • View Profile
Re: CrossRaced
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2009, 05:02:16 pm »
In the total emptiness of the wastelands, the sound of bare feet on the sandy road seemed a lot louder than it normally would.
The setting sun made the stone, earth and sand of the wastes seem awfully red, and the tall darkskinned woman walking along the road cast an endlessly long shadow against it.
Up front was a huge rock, looking much like a giant wall, streching far out. In the middle of it was a pass, a gap right through it, from one side to another, letting the road go on to the other side of the wall.

The woman reached it just as the sun dissapeared behind the horizon, walking into the dissapearing shadows of the gap. It was now in complete darkness, but the womans sight was exquisite.
She walked far into the gap, almost to the middle, where she found just what she was looking for.
A natural indentation, quite big, the perfect size for a small, one woman camp for the night, with a large ledge a little above. The perfect cover angainst rain, or moonlight.
The woman threw the full length cloak she was carrying, around her shoulders. She pulled up the hood, but let the lacing be.
She lay down inside the non-existent shadows of the indention, her cloak covering her completely, and fell asleep.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 05:05:17 pm by Chag4 »
Awkward hugs are my speciality.

Pozf

  • Nymphomaniac!!
  • *****
  • Posts: 14222
  • What is a man?
    • View Profile
Re: CrossRaced
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2009, 08:35:57 pm »
Shuffling through the endless sands Drogaen waited for the sun to drop so he could have some relief from the sweltering heat. He watched, as the final beams of light dissipated behind the horizon. " Ahh finally." he sighed "Even though I'm used to high temperatures this heat is almost too much... And I really need to stop talking to myself now..." He shook his head, shrugged, and kept walking, sand whipping around his feet extinguishing the flames he left behind him as he walked, until he came across a two giant stones, which created a crevice.

Lowering his hood to shed some light in the pitch black crevice, Drogaen started to stroll leisurely through the giant crack, looking for a good place to sit and rest for a while. After a dozen yards or so he saw a cliff that had a platform to sleep on. 'There should be some good cross breeze higher up' he thought, and proceeded to climb the 10 or so feet, sending rocks clattering down the cliff.

He reached the top of the cliff, spread his arms out and said loudly "AHHH, that's some good breeze!" As his fiery mane crackled and whipped in the wind.

*OOC- that would be the cliff above you Chag... obviously. Height thing fixed, I was doing about 3 things when I was writing this so.*
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 10:36:41 am by Pozf »
'Science is on the march. Don't get in its way.'

Chag4

  • Kinky
  • ***
  • Posts: 666
  • PM of awkwardness
    • View Profile
Re: CrossRaced
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2009, 08:23:53 am »
(OOC - You don't suppose 20 feet is a little bit much? I'd say Ruby could just stand under it, so 7 feet, or almost 10. ??)

Ruby's eyes shot open at the sound of rocks falling down along the rock wall.
Instantly her hands rested on the sword at her side and the spear infront of her, ready to defend herself should there be danger aproaching.
She lay still, so not to attract attention. She might still be unnoticed.
The sound of a person seemed to come from right above her, probably from ontop of the shelf that would shield her against the moonlight that would make it's way inside the passage later in the night.
She got up on her feet quickly but without a sound, standing low above the sandy ground.
She leapt out of her 'hiding place', turning in the middle of it, so that she landed faced towards the cavelike indention she had been sleeping in, skidding a little backwards before stopping, spear infront, pointing to the top of the platform, the other hand on the hilt of her sword.
Awkward hugs are my speciality.

Pozf

  • Nymphomaniac!!
  • *****
  • Posts: 14222
  • What is a man?
    • View Profile
Re: CrossRaced
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2009, 11:10:07 am »
"Huh?" Drogaen immediately shifted backwards, when he heard the sound of sands shifting underneath a person, and threw up his hood. 'I didn't even think of anybody else' he thought looking at his surroundings 'This place is one big ambush area.' Weighing what few options he had at hand, Drogaen decided that he should make contact and pray that he it or they aren't part of the inquisition. "W-who's there." He cringed as he stuttered, knowing that would most definitely hurt any chance at an intimidation attempt.

(OOC- I should get back into the flow of posting like this soon)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 11:26:00 am by Pozf »
'Science is on the march. Don't get in its way.'

Chag4

  • Kinky
  • ***
  • Posts: 666
  • PM of awkwardness
    • View Profile
Re: CrossRaced
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2009, 12:46:49 pm »
"W-who's there?" someone stuttered from ontop of the shelf. Cloaked, and with a hood over his head.
Ruby remained in position, ready for any sort of attack.
"Are you alone?" she asked calmly.

(OOC - Lol, I edited this two times. Removing something. It was short to begin with, but this is unbelievable.)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 12:49:52 pm by Chag4 »
Awkward hugs are my speciality.

Pozf

  • Nymphomaniac!!
  • *****
  • Posts: 14222
  • What is a man?
    • View Profile
Re: CrossRaced
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2009, 12:55:42 pm »
"Are you alone?" a voice asked from below him.
"Yes I am alone, and unarmed." He said as he walked toward the edge hands in the air, so the woman could see him completely.
"Would it be alright if had this conversation on level ground?" Drogaen asked, afraid the woman might attack if he made any kind of sudden moves.

(OOC- Changed it based on your changes Chag, and short isn't bad right now, there isn't much going on.)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 02:23:32 pm by Pozf »
'Science is on the march. Don't get in its way.'

Chag4

  • Kinky
  • ***
  • Posts: 666
  • PM of awkwardness
    • View Profile
Re: CrossRaced
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2009, 02:45:07 pm »
Ruby regarded the cloaked man carefully.
"As if unarmed means you aren't dangerous," she snorted, but then she relaxed herself and stood up normally, letting go of her sword, and lowering her spear.
The smart thing to do would be to move and find somewhere else to sleep, but she couldn't go outside the passage where there might be moonlight.
She regarded the man suspiciously, before walking back into the indention, and sitting down, facing outwards.
Awkward hugs are my speciality.

Pozf

  • Nymphomaniac!!
  • *****
  • Posts: 14222
  • What is a man?
    • View Profile
Re: CrossRaced
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2009, 03:19:56 pm »
"As if unarmed means you aren't dangerous," the woman said as she vanished back into the darkness under the ledge. Drogaen grinned to himself as he hopped down off the cliff and looked in the direction of the cautious stranger. "You know," he quipped "It's fairly rude to keep yourself hid--" Just then a strong gust of wind blew by and took his hood down with it as it passed revealing his fiery hair flowing and crackling in the breeze.

He paused for a moment then quickly fixed his hood, and locked his gaze at the warrior sitting just a few feet in front of him, hoping, praying, that he would not have to fight.
'Science is on the march. Don't get in its way.'

Chag4

  • Kinky
  • ***
  • Posts: 666
  • PM of awkwardness
    • View Profile
Re: CrossRaced
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2009, 04:08:42 pm »
Ruby felt surprise flow over her face as the strangers hood was blown off his head and a wild mane of bright firey hair was put on display.
But then she grinned. Not as if she was having fun, it was a sad, and exhausted grin, full of irony, and the hurt and strain of her life showed in her eyes.
"Heh," she breathed and turned her head to the side, fixating her gaze on the bare rock wall. "How does politeness count when it can get you killed?"
Her voice was filled with bitterness and sorrow, but also a stubborn anger, and pride. It was very clear that it was a retorical question.
Awkward hugs are my speciality.

Pozf

  • Nymphomaniac!!
  • *****
  • Posts: 14222
  • What is a man?
    • View Profile
Re: CrossRaced
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2009, 04:39:18 pm »
He felt her pain, it was a pain almost any crossbreed knew in this day, it brought up memories of his own fears and the suffering he endured.

"What are you" Drogaen asked quite bluntly after a few moments. Before she could get a word in edgewise he continued speaking. "And don't try to deny it, I know that look, we all do." His voice tapered off near the end, as if he was remembering something. As he spoke Drogaen started to walk extremely slowly toward the woman, trying to create some kind of connection to relieve the tension and hostility that is plaguing the air.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 04:49:32 pm by Pozf »
'Science is on the march. Don't get in its way.'

Chag4

  • Kinky
  • ***
  • Posts: 666
  • PM of awkwardness
    • View Profile
Re: CrossRaced
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2009, 05:10:33 pm »
Ruby looked up at the stranger with a thoughtful look.
"It is true, I won't deny it," she said slowly. "The word, I will not use here. It is too dangerous a word to utter in these times, even here. And exactly what I am, is none of your buisness."
Awkward hugs are my speciality.

Pozf

  • Nymphomaniac!!
  • *****
  • Posts: 14222
  • What is a man?
    • View Profile
Re: CrossRaced
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2009, 05:53:36 pm »
"Fair enough." Drogaen said leaving little patches of fire in his wake. "May I at least have your name?" He asked as he adjusted his robe to sit down, a few feet away. "I'm Drogaen" He said as he leaned forward and extended his hand for a handshake.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 12:31:57 am by Pozf »
'Science is on the march. Don't get in its way.'

Chag4

  • Kinky
  • ***
  • Posts: 666
  • PM of awkwardness
    • View Profile
Re: CrossRaced
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2009, 06:17:40 pm »
"Ruby," she said and closed her hand in his.
She then proceded to close her cloak around her, leaning against the stone wall behind her and closing her eyes.
"I need some sleep," she almost whispered, and let her conciousness slip away.

(OOC - Seriously, I need some sleep in real life too. How about a skip 'till morning? I'll do one tomorrow, unless you tell me not to. ^^,)
Awkward hugs are my speciality.

Pozf

  • Nymphomaniac!!
  • *****
  • Posts: 14222
  • What is a man?
    • View Profile
Re: CrossRaced
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2009, 09:11:13 pm »
Drogaen stood back up and said "Well I'll give you your sleeping room then" but she had already passed out. He got up and walked out from under the over hand and looked back up at the cliff he was originally on. "I think I can make that" he mumbled to himself, and he moved back about 30 feet. He got a running start and leaped on to the top of the cliff.

He got himself situated, and stared at the nights sky for a couple of minutes, and slowly drifted of into another night of an uncomfortable sleep on rocks.
'Science is on the march. Don't get in its way.'

NightWraith

  • Forbidden Fruit
  • ****
  • Posts: 1877
    • View Profile
Re: CrossRaced
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2009, 04:03:35 am »
((OOC: Made a last minute character change, so this post subject to change if I get comments from Chag on her))

Falcon hurled herself at the criss-cross bars of the wooden cage with as much force as she could manage, bound as she was. Coarse rope held her wrists together behind her back and another her ankles. A third long piece of rope was tied around her neck and ran out through the bars of the cage to a steak driven into the ground a good eight feet away, for now it was loose enough that she could rest her head on the ground to sleep, but when they came to feed and water her it was tightened, forcing her to the back of the cage. One man would bare the scares of that lesson for the rest of his life, if he lived that was. The cage itself was longer than it was tall, with just enough room for Falcon to kneel in it, or lay with her knees slightly bent should she choose.

Some distance from the cage a few camp fires burnt. They had been closer, but two days in the cage with no shelter from the burning sun had made Falcon more than a little smelly, that, combined with the smell from her waste, had caused the bandits to move as far from her prison as they could and still keep an eye on her.

There were maybe twenty of them in total sat around the fires, with a few more out on watch, men and women from the surrounding area, laughing and joking. Their leader was a stocky man, all muscle and scars from numerous fights. Short black hair and a cropped beard framed his angular face as he watched his men from in front of a large tent.

"I wouldn't mind having a bit of a tumble with her." One of the men commented to his friends, indicating Falcon.

"The wild girl?" Another man asked sounding a little surprise. "You have a death wish or something, you saw what she did to Mart, I dont fancy the idea of having my throat ripped out."

"Yer the wild girl, would be somethin' different."

"She's more likely to bit off your vegetables than get dirty with you Vek." One of the women told him.

"Yeah but so would most of the women 'round here." Another man joked.

"Least I have something worth bitin'" Vek retorted to more laughter.

"Not what I heard," the woman said with a grin.

"Why don't you come back to my tent Tish and and I'll prove it." Vek said with a grin.

"No way! Besides thought you wanted her, not me."

"Well I would, gotta be interestin'"

"Enough." The leaders voice cut across the conversation, "No-one touches that girl, the Inquisition don't pay well fer spoiled goods."

"I was just sayin' chief." Vek said a little sullenly, "Wasn' actually goin' t'be doin'"

"Well so am I Vek. If anyone touches her, what she dont bite off I'll cut off."

"Suppose there's no chance we can get her to stop howling again tonight chief?" Tish asked.

"If you want to gag her Tisha go ahead," the leader said, "but no markin' her."

"No way," Tish replied, "Let Vek do it."

charles

  • Moderator
  • Harem Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 3603
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • MSN Messenger - charles_wilkinson@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
Re: CrossRaced
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2009, 04:37:00 pm »
*From beyond the fires, eyes with intelligence greater than mere beasts and vermin watched on*

"So what do you think Javelin?"

"Even my half-elven eyes can't see what she is exactly from this distance. But I think we'll take her off their hands"

"heh, you trying ta become some sorta hero fer the cross-races now?"

*Javelin smiled* "Not at all Thornback, but those bastards are a big group and they've been bugging our territory for a while.  We can't take them on in force but if we can diminish their income a bit maybe their group will split apart at some point and we can pick them off then."

"I like yer thinkin"

"Dralor, invisibility on myself and Thornback if you would please"

"It shan't last long if you intend to move with it cast."

"Don't worry, I only need us to get close to the cage, then we'll hide beside it while I pick the lock and free her.  But I doubt she'll be in any shape to move after being tied up like that for a time so I'll need Thornback to carry her."

"Ha! Yer playin' me off as a pony agin'?"

*Javelin's smile only appeared briefly before it vanished with the rest of his face, thanks to Dralor's spell.  They moved quickly, the noise from the bandit's conversations masking Thornback's less than silent hoofs, and ducked below the side of the caged cart just as the spell wore off.  Coming into view of the cage's occupant, Javelin quickly raised his finger to his mouth in a shushing motion to the girl.*
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 04:40:29 pm by charles »
CLAN OF THE CATS IS MAKING A COMEBACK! JUNE 8th.  BE THERE!

CrystalDragonSpaceMarine

  • Eternal Lover
  • *****
  • Posts: 2446
  • Show me your enemies.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: CrossRaced
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2009, 11:04:31 pm »
Antipathy polished up an exotic obsidian knife as he listened to his comrades' conversation. Curious, he pulled out a spyglass to get a better look at the girl.
"Hmm...she's a pretty one. I bet we could sell her for a lot of money. Or does selling sentient beings go against our code? Do we even have a code?"


"Always thinking about money, eh, Blackwood?"

"Hey, money makes the world go round." He paused for a minute to put the knife back into his pack. "Wait, after we get the girl clear, are we gonna close in on these guys? Give 'em the old 'kill them al and take their stuff'?"

The other bandit laughed. "You overthink this stuff too much, Blackwood."

charles

  • Moderator
  • Harem Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 3603
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • MSN Messenger - charles_wilkinson@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
Re: CrossRaced
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2009, 11:36:13 pm »
*Dralor spoke up*

"We do what we always do with an escape from lugs like this. Fire a few volleys into the first troops to make them rethink charging after us and prepare for an attack instead, then we run.  There's no way the 5 of us can take on a camp of 20 bandits. They might even have a magick user of their own."

"But you do have a point there Blackwood.  After they do give chase the camp will probably be clear or easy to sneak into.  Me and Dralor have got to stay here and shoot our arrows or magick but you could scamper 'round the other side and see if an opportunity arises. Just catch up with us at the usual camp site. 'course it's up to you if you want to risk it alone." *he said with an almost evil grin*
CLAN OF THE CATS IS MAKING A COMEBACK! JUNE 8th.  BE THERE!

NightWraith

  • Forbidden Fruit
  • ****
  • Posts: 1877
    • View Profile
Re: CrossRaced
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2009, 11:56:58 pm »
Falcon hurled herself at the bars of the cage again, this time her jaws snapping at the strangers who had suddenly appeared near her cage, not hat she could get through the bars at them, but a show of strength was needed. She threw herself at the cage a second time, this time over balancing and crashing to the floor with a yelp. She lay there panting, watching the strangers cautiously.

Even through her scents she could make out those of the two new arrivals. One smelt almost like food, the four-legged one she decided after a moment. The other smelt different, clearly not part of the pack that had placed her in this cage. Struggling to her knees she watched them.

charles

  • Moderator
  • Harem Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 3603
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • MSN Messenger - charles_wilkinson@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
Re: CrossRaced
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2009, 12:25:38 am »
*Thornback swore under his breath. Even this close, he still didn't know what she was exactly but he half expected it was possessed.  But Javelin heard different, He recognized her heritage as likely human and some sort of nymph but couldn't believe she was speaking the language of the beasts.  Fortunately his own elven mother had taught him enough before he was forced to flee at the age of 30, when the cross-races became a hunted people.  He spoke back to her in soothing snorts, purrs and whistles, letting her know that they would help her and to keep quiet, like she would when stalking prey, lest her captors hear her as she was freed.*
CLAN OF THE CATS IS MAKING A COMEBACK! JUNE 8th.  BE THERE!

NightWraith

  • Forbidden Fruit
  • ****
  • Posts: 1877
    • View Profile
Re: CrossRaced
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2009, 12:32:07 am »
Falcon bared her teeth at the strangers, but as the tall one "spoke" to her she slowly closed her lips and then, tossing her head proudly she lay down on the floor of the cage, still watching the strangers.

CrystalDragonSpaceMarine

  • Eternal Lover
  • *****
  • Posts: 2446
  • Show me your enemies.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: CrossRaced
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2009, 12:38:48 am »
"Who cares if they have a magic user. We pop off a couple fireballs, and that should handle them."

He stood up and began to spin his cane around expertly, holding it out arm fully extended, pointed at the bounty hunter camp.

"Besides, I've been waiting for a good chance to test out my new-and-improved Rod of Lordly Might."

charles

  • Moderator
  • Harem Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 3603
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • MSN Messenger - charles_wilkinson@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
Re: CrossRaced
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2009, 12:46:52 am »
*Javelin pulled a dagger from his belt and carefully cut the ropes keeping two of the cage bars in place at the bottom, then he indicated for Thornback to get ready.

Thornback quickly turned around, keeping low as he backed his rump up against the bars.*

"That thing better not bite me 'else I'll carry 'er away wit' a cracked skull" *he said under his breath*

*Javelin grinned but then turned to the wild girl and explained that although she was hungry, Thornback was not food and that they would share their own pack's kill with her once escape had been made.  He explained as best he could in the limited beast language that her muscles would be too weak from the restraints and that she needed to cling to Thornback like a child possum or monkey would to it's mother.  Then he carefully cut her restraints and opened the bars.*
CLAN OF THE CATS IS MAKING A COMEBACK! JUNE 8th.  BE THERE!

NightWraith

  • Forbidden Fruit
  • ****
  • Posts: 1877
    • View Profile
Re: CrossRaced
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2009, 01:03:41 am »
Falcon whimpered as her wrists were released and pain shot through her shoulders and arms, they were stiff and hurt to move having not been exercised in two days, not to mention bruised from where she'd been endlessly hurling herself at the sides of the cage.

With her bonds free and an opening in the bars Falcon didn't wait she hurled herself at it. Whilst most of her passed through the gap her shoulders struck some of the bars that, weakened by the tall mans work and her constant battering of them with her body, gave way with a loud crack. She landed skilfully on Thornbacks back grabbed clumps of his hair, digging her nails into him.


"What in the Abyss was that!" One of the bandits in the camp could be heard to exclaim.

"Fuck, the bitch is out." That was the chief, "Get up you sheep brains, our moneys getting away."

A general commotion ensued from the camp.

charles

  • Moderator
  • Harem Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 3603
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • MSN Messenger - charles_wilkinson@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
Re: CrossRaced
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2009, 01:17:44 am »
*Thornback grimaced as the girl pulled on his hair and dug her hard nails into him*

"I'd almost prefer the arrows ta this girl's tallons"

*But both he and Javelin were already running for the clearing as the rest of the team laid down covering fire.  Dralor, sent some simple magick missiles into the first men to stand while Samuel fired arrows until the two hit the treeline with them.  Javelin took quickly took his bow while Thornback continued into the bush with his passenger*

"Two more volleys then we join him!" *he shouted*

*The first volley struck targets or ground with ease but the second one was suddenly deflected by an unseen force*

"$#!%, they've got magick users!"

"Go, NOW!"

*With that they turned and fled after Thornback*
CLAN OF THE CATS IS MAKING A COMEBACK! JUNE 8th.  BE THERE!

NightWraith

  • Forbidden Fruit
  • ****
  • Posts: 1877
    • View Profile
Re: CrossRaced
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2009, 01:29:56 am »
((OOC: Guessing the leader of your group charles))

"That was Javelin's lot." Thisha growled.

"Bunch of fucking half-breeds." Vek spat.

"Get after them you idiots." The chief snapped, "More money for us if we get them all lads."



Falcon held on to the four-legged one as best she could, but the movement of his running sent jolts along her sore arms and shoulders. She began to let out small whimpers every jolt. Feeling her grip beginning to go she dug her nails in more.

Then as they rounded a large rock Falcon lifted her head and let out a long keening howl, followed soon by a shorter one and then a longer one again.

((OOC: That should be enough to wake chag and poz))

CrystalDragonSpaceMarine

  • Eternal Lover
  • *****
  • Posts: 2446
  • Show me your enemies.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: CrossRaced
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2009, 11:03:55 am »
"YES!" Blackwood yelled. He leapt up, brandishing his cane, "Scorching Ray, activate!", strafing the other group's position with a stream of fire. He actually began to run forward, past Thornback and Javelin.

"Blackwood, you idiot, get back here!"

Pozf

  • Nymphomaniac!!
  • *****
  • Posts: 14222
  • What is a man?
    • View Profile
Re: CrossRaced
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2009, 02:01:03 pm »
"Urgh" Drogaen groggily sat up and swung he legs over the edge of the cliff. "Stupid wolf..." He looked over to where the howl came from, and caught the glimpse of a woman clinging dearly on the back of a horse. Drogaen just blinked and stared at the odd sight, then saw another figure charge in the opposite direction shooting fire out of a cane. He rubbed his eyes, and blinked some more "Well... that was peculiar." He said not completely sure what he saw was real.

"Hey check the rocks, them half-breeds are sneaky fuckers." A voice shouted from the other end of the rocks. Drogaen's grogginess vanished in his face, and fear replaced it. "Crap" he jumped down the cliff, remaining out of sight. "Ruby, get up, bounty hunters. Now." he spoke softly but with a sense of strong urgency. He could hear the footsteps of the bounty hunters approaching.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 11:08:37 am by Pozf »
'Science is on the march. Don't get in its way.'

charles

  • Moderator
  • Harem Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 3603
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • MSN Messenger - charles_wilkinson@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
Re: CrossRaced
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2009, 03:52:58 pm »
*Javelin cursed to himself*

"Dralor! Keep heading for the mountain passage with Thornback. Samuel, you're with me! We've got to get Blackwood with us or we'll never stop them at the passage!"

*The two turned after Blackwood and begun firing arrows only to watch them stop at the magickal barrier together with Blackwood's flame tongue*

"Dammit Samuel! We can't hold them here, they'll flank us! we need to do this in the mountain passage where we can funnel them through and force them to attack from one direction."

"C'mon kid! Get with is and lets get ou-" *An arrow suddenly protruded from the full blood human's neck.  He stared at his two companions for a few moments, then his eyes rolled up and he collapsed... The bandits had flanked around the shield and were using the sides of it for cover.  Javelin had no choice. He ran as two arrows passed through the space he stood only moments before*

EDIT:
*meanwhile - Thornback exploded from the undergrowth gritting his teeth from the pain of the wild girl's claws and entered the mountain passage.  He wasn't none to happy about the girl giving away their position but figured the crew would track his heavy passage with ease, even in the dark.  As he galloped deeper into the passage a couple of small flames that seemed to almost follow some shaddowy figure's footprints appeared up ahead and he cursed under his breath again and pulled his mace to the ready.  A third group of thieves or bandits waiting in ambush was not what they needed right now.*

OOC: Thats right Javelin (half elf/human) is the leader and Samuel was a full blood... He must have been wearing a red coat  ;D
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 03:58:52 pm by charles »
CLAN OF THE CATS IS MAKING A COMEBACK! JUNE 8th.  BE THERE!