Author Topic: Very old piece of art of mine  (Read 4300 times)

Andrea

• Rose Petal Acolyte
    • View Profile
Very old piece of art of mine
« on: July 04, 2009, 05:38:55 am »
Ursula.
The body shape is not mine, I followed an existing drawing.

I think I draw this thing like 7 years ago. Now I can't draw anything at all.

Valenthesial

Re: Very old piece of art of mine
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2009, 12:59:16 pm »
Nice!

I really liked this one (so much that it inspired me to color it for a few good hours  ;D)
Hope you don't mind, but I took the liberty of giving it some colors!

Since the image art is a bit raw and sketchy (you can even notice the squares of the paper it was painted on) and I'm rather amateurish at this, it was really hard to color and the results aren't amazing (yet!).

EDIT: Pictures removed after some discussion on copyright. If you are interesting to see what I've done so far, please let me know

Imo, the remaining work is:
1. refining the b&w artwork or redoing it alltogether by giving edges to the pure coloring image,
2. background
3. lighting/shadows
And you'll get a really nice piece.

Please let me know if you like what I'm doing here, or if you don't want it messed with I can remove those from the forum. Your original artwork after all, so your call ;)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 01:22:58 pm by Valenthesial »

Valenthesial

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2009, 04:29:16 pm »
And a bit smoother version:

EDIT: Pictures removed after some discussion on copyright. If you are interesting to see what I've done so far, please let me know

« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 01:23:24 pm by Valenthesial »

Valenthesial

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2009, 10:49:20 pm »
Do you realize how bad of taste it is to color peoples' drawings without asking?

Nope, I do not. I'm under the impression most people would appreciate someone liking their art enough and taking note/being inspired of their art, rather than take it as an offense.

But just in case, I originally offered to remove the files in case he is not interested.

Please let me know if you like what I'm doing here, or if you don't want it messed with I can remove those from the forum. Your original artwork after all, so your call ;)

Valenthesial

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2009, 01:25:38 pm »
Alright.
Edited my previous replies.

Andrea, if you'll ever log to this forum ;) please let me know if you are interested in seeing my photoshop editing/recoloring of your artwork and/or willing for me to post them here.