Author Topic: Flipside Roleplay  (Read 41581 times)

Keaoden Silverstride

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
Flipside Roleplay
« on: June 19, 2009, 04:58:02 pm »
Marrik sat among the branches of a tall oak, resting against the trunk of the great tree as many of his thieves made camp below. They were a day out from the nearest city, and at a crossroad no less. Prime land for highway robbery. The dense forest make it easy to conceal their numbers and even better for escaping without pursuit. Even being the lord of thieves Marrik still liked being out and about. The knights were nothing to worry about, he had them well dealt with. The most powerful magics couldn't compete with the mystic allure of money, and its hold on the hearts of men. No what worried him now was something all together different.

"Malic is starting to move..." Marrik spoke to a small black cat that stood at the end of the branch. "His cult is gaining power quickly..." The cat just kept looking at him like it understood. "We're going to need some help..." the black cat nodded and then looking at if fading into its own shadow disappeared.

From below one of Marrik men called up to him, "Oi! Boss, scouts say there be a few people heading here form the south."

Marrik smiled, "Tell eveyone I'll take this hit, the rest of you stay hidden." Hopping down out of the tree, slipping from branch to branch before effortlessly hitting the ground he started off towards the crossroad.

"Time for some fun."

((OOC: Now I'm not as versed in flipside lore as some of you so if you could post anything that would help in the OOC that would be great. Also if any or all of you want to be the people heading into town or the would be guards that would be a great way to start. ))

NightWraith

• Forbidden Fruit
    • View Profile
Re: Flipside Roleplay
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 03:32:13 am »
No birdsong nor the rustle of small creatures permeated the woods, even the wind itself was still and quiet, it was like the wood itself was frightened to make a noise. Everything was quiet, except for her.

She could feel her heart beating, its thumping loud in her ears, louder than her feet crunching in the leaf litter as she ran. She wasnt runnig anywhere in paticular, just away. She risked a glance over her shoulder, she couldn't see him, but she knew he still followed. The air itself seemed to have a menacing edge to it as thought it were hungry, hungry for her. As she turned back a twig brushed against her face and she screamed in panic, but it wasn't him. She ran, dodging trees, jumping roots. Risking another look over her shoulder she looked back again. Suddenly her foot found nothing but air and she pitched forward into a ditch with a yell.

Gasping for air she started to struggle to her feet and out of the ditch, but something made her stop. Rolling over onto her back she froze he was there standing over her.

Vadaan looked down at the girl on her back in the ditch her face a pleasurable mask of terror, her eyes wide she stared at him, unmoving. She wore leather trousers and boots and a leather coat with plates of metal sewn to it. An empty scabbard hung from her belt. Shoulder length, wavy, blond hair framed a pretty face with blue eyes, it had been a face full of confidence until he had drained the life from her sorcerer.

"Please.." she croaked, then swallowed and tired to work some moisture into her mouth, "Please dont kill me. Please, I am not threat to you, no threat, I wont tell them where you are, I promise. Please. Let me go and you wont see me again. Don't kill me, please."

Reaching down Vadaan grabbed her wrist and dragged her to her feet, pulling her in close he stared into her eyes. "What's your name girl?"

"H-H-Hayle." She stuttered.

Placing the back of his hand on her cheek he ran it down the side of her neck before flipping it over and resting it over her heart. She flinched slightly at first, then grimaced but did not try and pull away.

"I can feel the blood running through your veins Hayle." He told her, "The beat of your heart, the rhythm of your life. I understand it is delightfully painful to have it ripped from your body."

"No." she whimpered, "Please no, please I don't want to die. I want to live, please. Let me live. Please, I'll do anything you wish of me, anything, just let me live."

Keaoden Silverstride

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 04:30:01 pm »
Marrik stood just out of view of Vadann, looking at him from round a tree. He could hear most of what the man was saying, none of which was very pleasant. Then there was that oder, of something long dead. Marrik knew his men couldn't smell it, but he did, and now it was far worse. Marrik never carried any weapons on him, he never needed too, his martial arts were always enough, even against mages and sorcerers. Even if it wasn't he still had his own, powers, he could use.

Tucking his emerald necklace into his loose shirt he came out from behind the tree slowly, walking along like nothing was amiss he wore a confident smile addressing Vadaan. "I do believe the young lady said no, so if you would kindly release her I'll let you be on your way."

Getting a better look at the man, Marrik started to understand what exactly was making that dead smell, along with the dead feeling in the air. It was this man, or just something that looked like one. Marrik wasn't surprised, nothing surprised him anymore.

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • MSN Messenger - charles_wilkinson@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 04:57:24 pm »
Raxis watched the thief lord disappear from view as he moved towards some voices that were beyond his and the other thieve's hearing, but they could still make sense that voices were talking.  One was a girl's, panicked, the other was uncertain as it spoke more softly, but Marrik's voice crossed the distance back to his band of thieves with clarity, strength and confidence.

Raxis shifted uncomfortable in the undergrowth.  This was his first time taking part in a road heist and he surmised that he much preferred using his magick to open locks and safes in the towns for other thieves to do the work than the thought of weilding his magick for fighting.  He was even willing to admit that the dank sewers and back streets were more welcome than the country-side and bushland, but a boss from Marrik's crew had insisted he come out and get some experience in the muscle jobs that the guild took part in.  No matter how important Raxis thought he was to the guild as one of their few sorcerers, he was only a level 1 and when a basher insisted you join his team under the command of Marrik, you obeyed and earnt yourself another day without bruises or less favourable punishments from the teamsters.

Raxis turned his attention from the bush that Marrik had vanished into and back to the crossroads, squinting against the brighter, open area to see who else may be travelling the paths.
CLAN OF THE CATS IS MAKING A COMEBACK! JUNE 8th.  BE THERE!

NightWraith

• Forbidden Fruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2009, 02:38:11 am »
Vadaans head turned slowly to look at the intruder for a few seconds before turning back to Hayle.

"It seems this young man wishes to be your hero." He said to the frightened girl. "How very interesting. Do you think he'll kill me if I dont let you go?"

Hayles head jerked in a nod, then another, a little of her fear seemed to recede as she nodded.

"A sorcerer and your sword could not protect you." Vadaan said quietly, causing Hayles nods to freeze. "Tell me Hayle how do you kill something that is already dead?"

"I-I-I don't know. Please, I dont know, I'm no threat to you, let me go.. please."

Vadaan smiled and moved his head closer to Hayles, just before his nose touched hers he stopped, his lips silently forming words. Then, suddenly, he released her wrist and she collapsed to the ground as if Vadaan had been the only thing keeping her on her feet. With one arm Hayle lifted her upper body of the ground and supported it there. She didnt look up but just let her head hang, her hair obscuring her face as she shook with a mixture of fear, relief adrenalin and tears.

"Th-Thank you," she said quietly.

Ignoring her Vadaan turned to face the young man. Slowly he drifted over to the man, stopping not to far away.

"You did not come out here alone just to save a girl Marrik." Vadaan stated.

Chag4

• Kinky
  • PM of awkwardness
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2009, 05:05:13 am »
Lu-ulianne sat watching the people who had appeared a short distance infront of her, from the thick branch of a tree nearby.
She had come into the forest simply in the hope to find a rare bird or animal to make a sketch of, but then something a lot more interesting stumbled by.
No one seemed to have noticed her yet, but she felt that theese men were strong. They would notice her sooner or later.
The gray haired man was most cirtainly the odd one, however it was the black haired one who fascinated her the most. She had a strong feeling she knew who he was, even though she couldn't recall ever seeing him before.
She turned her sketchbook to a blanck page, and sketched a perfect likeness of him, determined to some day find out who he was.

(OOC - Possibly a rusty start. I'll get into it again.)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 05:08:59 am by Chag4 »
Awkward hugs are my speciality.

Keaoden Silverstride

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2009, 03:22:52 pm »
A small smile perked along Marrik's strong face, showing just how much he was amused by Vadaan knowing his name, this was going to be fun. Marrik played off his name like it was nothing and contested Vadaan's statement "Can you be so sure? Maybe I am the heroic type..."

At the same time Marrik's long pointed ears twitched, the light scratching sound of pencil on paper was caught by his keen hearing. Not allowing it to bother him,nor allowing for Vadaan to notice he kept his attention on the situation on hand. The stench of death was wafting all around this odd man, making Marrik wrinkle his nose in obvious notice. "Thats where that smell is coming from." Marrik scoffed. "You should really consider doing something about that, any dog could pick that up."

During this whole time Marrik had been walking around Vadaan and towards the girl he had just had his hands on. "I may be a thief but I do still have my honor."

Bending down to take a look at whatever Vadaan might of done to the girl Marrik turned his back to the man, almost taunting an attack, "I have much more than just swords and sorcerery to fight with...necromancer."

NightWraith

• Forbidden Fruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2009, 01:17:36 am »
Vadaan chuckled, "I doubt many of your men could say the same thing, keep her safe from them."

Hayle flinched as Marrik bent over her, "I'm-I'm fine." she told him. "I-I.. get me away from here."

Vadaan watched the girl thoughtfully for a while, certain oddities beginning to stand out in his mind. Things about his meeting with her sorcerer, something about the fight, there was something about her too but right now he couldn't quite place it. Or was he being paranoid? No there was more to this, something going on but he couldn't quite place what.

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2009, 05:42:17 pm »
Raxis continued to turn his sight between the crossroads and the bush that Marrik had vanished into waiting with anticipation as the murmer of words continued to catch his and the other thieve's ears every so often.  Finally he looked back to the teamster.

"Should be go down and-"

"You shut yer hole kid!" he said in a harsh wisper. "We does whut Marrik tells us ta, an' if he tells us ta stay hidden, we stays hidden."

As he spoke, Raxis spied a blur of movement in the trees far behind the thieves.  Something moved quickly between them for a brief moment.  He looked hard in the hope of catching another glimpse but shook the thought from his head when he realised that nothing human could move as fast as whatever it was.  Probably just a large bird swooping low through the forrest.  Raxis turned his attention back to the bush and crossroads.

Smiles

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • Easter is gonna be great!Heard he will Rise Again!
    • View Profile
    • AnimeCentral
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2009, 09:14:30 pm »
Esseme sat in her wooden rocking chair looking out her bedroom window. She would escape today. She was a prisoner in the only place she'd known and she hadn't even done anything wrong. As soon as she saw her Uncle, no Jenoh, if the was even his real name, leave she started on her new escape plan. Climbing out her window had been her last resort. After all four stories up was along way for a girl such as herself. She tied her sheets together and several of her less favorite dresses. she sighed as she thought about all the things she would miss. having no money she grabbed her jewelry from its box. she would have taken the box with her but it was too big and heavy for her to carry. She listened to it's beautiful music as she threw in he last of her personal things into a small purse. Esseme tied one end of the sheets to the bedpost of her canopy bed. she took one last look around her bedroom before throwing the end of the makeshift rope out the window. She wiped away a few tears before looking down the lng stretch before her.

"Don't think, Just do," she muttered to herself as she climbed out the window.

Getting own was the easy part as she slid down to the last dress and landed roughly on her bottom. She had barely been able to stifle her protest of pain. she dusted the dirt off her skirts and straightened them out gently. Escaping was no reason not to look her best. She wiped away a smudge from her left shoe before standing up. she brushed the back of her skirt off as she smiled in triumph. She was outside! She looked around her taking everything in like a sponge in a tub of water. She looked back up at her window.

"no turning back now," she muttered as She turned away.

"what now?" she thought aloud as she looked at the road in front of her.

To the left was a massive forest to the right was town. She studdied the edge of the forest.

"Good place to hide, but it looks a bit scary," she muttered again.

Esseme wasn't used to being alone and had realized in her week's captivity that thinking out loud helped break the awkward silences if there was no one to talk to. She looked to the right again. She knew that was the way her captor had gone. So obviously she decided to head for the forest. Just as she finally made up her mind she heard a chilling scream from above. It sounded as though Nana had discovered she was missing her charge. Esseme picked up her skirts and ran into the forest, fear driving her onward.
Just loving it! :-*
let's sit and chat a while and see if I don't make you smile .;)

Keaoden Silverstride

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2009, 11:01:37 pm »
Marrik slowly bent down and picked up the frightened girl in his arms whispering to her that she would be safe. Looking over his shoulder at Vadann, Marrik kept a bit of a smirk on his face. Standing with the scared Hayle huddled in his arms, Marrik took a long look at Vadaan. "We are much more alike than you would surmise, tell me what is your name?"

As he asked his question a glint of light green started to shine from under his loose, white cotton shirt.

As Esseme ran into the thick forest she started to hear something, it was faint at first the as it became louder she knew what it was. The small jingle of a single bell was chiming along side her. Whoever it belonged to was just out of sight, then with a loud 'Mew' the owner of the bell made itself known. A pure black cat, with bright green eyes was running along next to her. Easily keeping up with the girls pace it seemed to want to lead her somewhere.

NightWraith

• Forbidden Fruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2009, 01:04:43 am »
Vadaan gave a mock bow, "Vadaan Darkmere."

Hayle whimpered and clutched tighter to Merrik.

A small smile played on Vadaans face, "She at least has heard of me it seems."

Chag4

• Kinky
  • PM of awkwardness
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2009, 04:18:03 am »
Lu-ulianne scowled in dismay as she heard the name of the gray haired one.
This would bring nothing but trouble.
Time to leave it seems, she thought to herself.
She stood up on the branch and hurried away inbetween the trees towards town.

(OOC - Lol. She leaves before anything happens. xD She is smarter and less dramatic and show off. She'll be watching any possible explosion from the walls of the town.)

Smiles

• Nymphomaniac!!
    • View Profile
    • AnimeCentral
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2009, 12:36:34 pm »
Esseme stops running when she notices the cat next to her. It's presence startled her. Her heart beating in her throat from the running, all words escaped her. She begins to wonder if Nana has caught up to her and she's lost in an illusion.  She shakes her head and looks around. No this was too real to be an illusion. Nana hated cats. At last she caught her breath.

"I- you-- why--?" she stopped. cats didn't talk. so it'd be silly to ask this feline what it was doing following her. wouldn't it?

Keaoden Silverstride

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2009, 07:04:24 pm »
Whispering a few comforting words to the girl huddled in his arms. Still with his calm smile Marrik looked back up at Vadaan. "I have heard, 'of' you. The arrogant, excuse of a sorcerer thinking he could get away with using necromancy."

The light coming off Marrik's emerald was bright enough now that even Vadaan could see. To Hayle the light seemed soothing, it was warm, like she knew she was safe, and protected.

"And when they did catch you using it, what did you do but run." Marrik laughed a little, mocking the necromancer even more, "Now look at you, can't even walk, reduced to scaring innocent woman."

The cat stopped when Esseme did, standing just ahead of her, looking at her confused face. It was wearing a single silver bell that gave a ring at the lightest movement. It mewed a few times, looking ahead at the path and then back at her. After a bit of her just looking at cat with a confused face it started to do something odd. Scratching at the dirt in the path it made a small sign. An arrow pointing down the path. Then it patted the ground, emphasizing how important the sign he just made was.

One of the other thieves came and kneeled down next to Raxis, a girl almost about his age with shoulder length auburn hair asked him in a sweet whisper, "See anyone yet?" She was done up much like the others but with one exception, she carried a bow, and not a crossbow. Raxis had seen her a few times before, always following Marrik around like some sort of aide or messenger, but always giving Raxis a happy smile whenever she saw him.

Smiles

• Nymphomaniac!!
    • View Profile
    • AnimeCentral
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2009, 11:52:49 pm »
Esseme thought for a moment as she watched the kitty make a sign on the ground. She went over to it and saw that it was an arrow. She looked behind her before looking at the cat again. what a clever cat. she began to  wonder if she gave it some boots if it really would talk to her.

"Okay we'll go your way," she said aloud.

After all she had no real plans of where to go next.  so she started walking the direction of the arrow, following the cat down the path it chose.

NightWraith

• Forbidden Fruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2009, 12:44:27 am »
"And yet here we are having this conversation." Vadaan chuckled, he glanced at Hayle, "Tell him what you were doing here."

"They sent me to kill him." She said, "Me and Elk. They said it was a test, to.. to see if I was ready."

A piece of the puzzle slid into place.

"A test." Vadaan snorted, "They sent you to die." He shifted his attention back to Marrik, "The question is why would they want her dead?"

He drifted forward towards Hayle and Marrik, but stopped half-way, "I decline your offer for a fight Marrik, watch your back and keep her safe."

And with that he began to drift off.

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2009, 01:45:54 am »
Raxis' face flushed slightly as he caught his breath from the girls' sudden appearance beside him.

*cough* "ummm". He looked closer. "I think I see a bit of a green glow somewhere in there. I can't make out whats being said but it sounds calm so, ummm, probably no danger."

A loud snap from the bushes behind the thieves suddenly alerted them and they all turned to look, the archers, aiming their crossbows and the girl with raxis notching an arrow, but they saw only the still scenery.  Raxis noticed that their rear look-out wasn't in view as the teamster cursed under his breath.

"If'n that blumin' Nakor 'as abandoned 'is watch ta go take a leak, I'm gonna-"

Suddenly Nakor came into view from behind a large tree, but his head was slumped forward, his arms hung loose, free of their crossbow, and Raxis noticed that his legs dragged slightly along the ground rather than walked as he continued to come out.  As Nakor's body fully emerged, an arm followed it into the middle of the back, like he was a puppet, shortly followed by a strange looking woman.  She had purple hair and wore only the barest of black clothes, more like underware than actual attire, but the strangest thing about her was her pale skin, covered from head to toe, all over in scars.

Suddenly, Nakor's body dropped forward and a gaping, bloody hole could be seen in his back while this strange girl's clawed hand was covered in blood.  She looked up through her hair and Raxis could see into her unnatural eyes as she spoke.

"You are all my food!"

The air filled with the sounds of crossbow fire...

Keaoden Silverstride

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2009, 06:30:52 am »
Marrik watched Vadaan drift off like a ghost. Still a bit curious about his little encounter, but he didn't have time to think before his pointed ears picked up on the sounds of combat back with his men. Hayle couldn't of know how fast Marrik was, but before she could think they were somwhere else. The only sound of their travel being of a swift breeze. Marrik looked around at the already mounting carnage and the girl who was perpetrating it all. Marrik didn't care what, or who she was, she wouldn't exist long enough for it to matter.

Placing Hayle in the hands of one of his standing thieves he rushed the girl, who, to Marrik's dismay saw him coming. Coming to his feet after being thrown down by the girl he placed his palm on the ground and started to grin. His necklace had started to glow again. "You picked the wrong day to mess with me..."

The girl that had been next to Raxis when Nakor was killed had already unloaded a dizzying amount of arrows at and into the murderer. Knocking three and four arrows at a time she emptied both the quiver on her back and the one on her belt before she started to look for her spares. She had made sure Raxis was 'safe' by kicking him into some thick shrubs just before she had started firing.

As the little black cat Lead Esseme on it all of a sudden stopped and started to look around almost frantically. Its ears moved from side to side like he was trying to pick up on some sound in the distance. His tail started to wag furiously, there was something out there he didn't like and he made his discomfort very clear.

Chag4

• Kinky
  • PM of awkwardness
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2009, 04:05:10 pm »
Sitting on the town wall, Lu-ulianne watched the forest as if hungry for something interresting to happen. She picked up her sketchbook and studied the face she had drawn. There was defineatly something about this man...
She snapped out of it as a bunch of birds came flying up from some trees in the forest, not far from where she had just been.
So, something interresting has indeed happened, she thought.
Curiosity, mostly for the black haired man, made ever fiber of her itch to go check out what was happening. But instinct and common sense made her stay.
She had absolutely no need to kill herself for curiosity. That would be a waste. So she stayed put, watching from a distance.

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2009, 05:13:01 pm »
Raxis froze in terror as the daemonic girl quickly disappeared back behind the tree, avoiding the first volly of crossbow darts, then he winced as a boot from the girl next to him sent him sprawling into the bushes.  He looked up just in time to see her firing arrow after arrow at the girl who now moved with inhuman speed towards the closest thief who was desperately trying to redraw his crossbow.  She didn't miss a step as she ripped his throat out and continued to the next man.

Raxis saw a couple of the girl's arrows protruding from creature's shoulder and side but they were having no effect.  As the death girl closed in on the next man, Raxis quickly cast a fire enchantment on the archer girl's last arrow as she pulled it from her belt quiver and sent it flying.  With no response from torso hits, the girl had aimed to maim her and the arrow struck the daemon's calf, sending her sprawling behind the running thief who had nearly become her next victim.

As the Archer girl flew to her nearby pack to fetch more arrows, the scared girl ripped the still flaming arrow from her leg and quickly did the same to the ones in her side, before turning an angry eye towards Raxis and the Archer girl.  Before she could attack the demon girl suddenly reacted to something rushing her from the side and in a blur of motion, Raxis watched as she deflected a tackle from Marrik who appeared out of nowhere, and threw him to the ground beyond her.

Raxis watched as the evil arrogance which had covered the creatures face was replaced with a more cautious look as she watch Marrik pick himself up, a green gem on his necklace putting an eery glow to his facial features in the shadow of the forrest. His words caused her to change her arrogant stance to a more battle ready crouch as she studied this new opponent who appeared to have some powers of his own.

Smiles

• Nymphomaniac!!
    • View Profile
    • AnimeCentral
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2009, 12:28:58 am »
Esseme stopped when the cat did. She noticed the cat acting strangely. IF that was strange for a cat. She wasn't sure. She hadn't been around cats much. It did seem upset though.

"what's wrong?" she asked and she shook her head.

she took a silk cloth out of her purse and laid it down on the ground before sitting gently down near the cat. she straightened her skirts before turning her attention back to the cat. she gently stroked the cat's fur.

"Shh. good kitty. All is well. Shhh," she said soothingly trying to calm down the cat.

She scratched it softly behind the ears. She didn't know what had startled it but she didn't want whatever it was to find them.

Keaoden Silverstride

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2009, 07:45:09 am »
The black cat visibly calmed when Esseme started to pet and stroke his fur. His tail still wagging a bit he slowly came to sit next to her. Allowing her to hear his soft purr. The cat still gazed down the forest path, looking where he had been before but seeming altogether laid back with everything. Then Esseme hit a good spot right behind his left ear, tilting his head back and closing his eyes he let out a soft mew at his enjoyment.

Marrik grinned at the scarred girl, she would be no more, he would rip her apart piece by piece. These thieves weren't just his men, some of them were his friends. They weren't disposable, they were important to him. "Kish get eveyone out of here." Marrik called out to the archer girl.

"Marrik we can-" She stopped as a glare from Marrik startled her, "Yes sir!" Grabbing Raxis out from the bushes she pushed him in the direction of town. "Go on ahead with everyone else."

Marrik who had taken his eyes off of the scarred girl for an instant was thrown back by one of punches. Skidding to a stop he stood up again, "So you fight dirty..." The girl looked at him a bit confused, as if he wasn't supposed to get up.

Smiling he set himself up for an attack, calling out the the girl, "Behind you." Just turning her head the slightest bit Marrik let loose his own strike. Plowing his fist into her face, then as she was reeling back grabbed her wrist and spun her around. Grabbing her other wrist he placed his boot on her back and started to pull, and pull hard, attempting to rip her arms from their sockets if not completely off. "You're done." Marrik smirked, looking as if he had already won.

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2009, 08:13:02 am »
Raxis took Kish's hand and left the bushes but hardly heard her call to retreat as his eyes fixated on Marrik when the scarred girl suddenly moved with an unfathomable speed and delivered a punch to Marrik's face which caused a collosal cracking sound to echo through the trees, but to Raxis' amazement Marrik managed to stay on his feet, though they left a trail in the dirt as his entire body skidded backwards.  Then Raxis watched as Marrik returned fire and with amazing swiftness he suddenly had the scarred girl turned and pinned with both arms behind her as Marrik's boot pushed into her back before he begun pulling like he intended to remove her arms from her body.

It was over, Raxis thought, but the scarred girl's cry turned to a growl as she suddenly crouched slightly before launching herself up in the air causing Marrik's boot to slip from her back.  She quickly somersaulted forward, twisting out of the lock and attempted to brab Marrik's hands with her own claws.

Raxis quickly cast "Baruto" a spell that delivered a strike.  It wasn't very powerful at level one but with her body in the air, it was enough to push her away so she couldn't reach Marrik.  The girl landed and growled again, then suddenly she begun to cough violently and convulsed before vomiting some foul black and red substance onto the ground.  but the substance suddenly sprung tendrils into the air and although he and Kish were a fair distance away, they could just make out what appeard to be an eye in the middle of it, opening up...

OOC: I can't believe no-one else is getting in on this action, C'mon people! It's Bloody Mary!  P.S. Damn! Just how Powerful is this Marrik character?  I can imagine him pulling off such a move thanks to a dominant skill like Bern did but I'm trying to tell if he's faster and/or stronger than Bloody Mary.  I'll have to read your Bio again... Bio didn't shed any light.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 08:47:43 am by charles »

Smiles

• Nymphomaniac!!
    • View Profile
    • AnimeCentral
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2009, 03:21:14 pm »
(OOC: lol bloody Mary  would kill me. I'm not playing my usual girl that can kick ass type of char. XD))

Esseme heard muffled voices behind the bushes ahead of them. She kept scratching the cat behind the ears for a moment.  whatever was behind those bushes had been what had made the cat fuss so. She was sure of it. She grinned at the cat as it purred.

"Good kitty. Let's go a different way then. Shall we?" she whispered to the cat.

she winked at it. somehow it seemed appropriate. she got up on her hands and knees. she folded the cloth up and put it back in her purse.
so much for not getting her dress dirty. she patted the cat on it's head and watched to see where it would go next. it obviously wouldn't lead her into danger. She trusted this new friend.

Keaoden Silverstride

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2009, 02:48:54 am »
The cat tilted its head to one side as it watched Esseme, then after a brief look around made another arrow in the dirt. This time off the trail and away from the noises. Soon it was leading her along, every so often it would stop and look around then continue. All the while making sure Esseme was right behind him.

Marrik looked at the thing that the girl puked up as wriggled around on the ground, he knew exactly what it was. Then looking up into the eyes of the scarred girl he became very stern, his face blank of emotion. "You think that can scare me? You don't know what fear is."

Slowly he knelled down and placed his palm on the ground, the gem around his neck glowed like a green lit candle flame. Marrik began to whisper something, the girl couldn't quite make it out, nor could she understand any of it, before she knew much else the plants at her feet whipped around her legs and dug their way into and under her skin. The leaves and bark turning red as they stared to drain blood from her body.

The girl jumped the instant she knew what was happening, but to no avail, as soon as she landed the plants attempted the same as before. Three times she ripped herself free from the attacks but could only figure that she had to kill Marrik to stop the onslaught. Faster than Marrik could react the girl was behind him, bringing both claws down on his back. She grinned as she felt the warm blood running onto her hands and the yell of pain from Marrik.

Then as if the fight hadn't brought enough surprises Marrik whirled around and grabbed her by the throat and started to crush the air from her lungs. He shouldn't be moving, not with what she had just done to him, and the poison, he couldn't be moving. As Marrik gripped the girl's windpipe he lifted her off the ground and squeezed harder, then he started to use both hands. She tried to get him off, clawing at his arms, kicking him, pulling at his hands, but it wasn't any good. What was he? No human, no where close to one. She was actually scared.

Thats when she felt his grip release, she fell to the ground and skited away from him. She sat there looking up at him. Then she ran, getting up and turning she ran, not even looking back to see if he was chasing her.

Kish and the others were nearing the town as they heard Marrik's yell. Kish stopped for just a second to look back then she was running again, still with a hold on Raxis's hand he could feel her start to shake, she was scared.

Marrik fell to his knees after the girl had run off. holding his clawed arms out in front of himself he laughed, "I'm getting careless. What the hell was she?" He cringed as he felt the sting of his wounds, "This is bad...I need to get back soon. Heh, Bix will have my hide when she sees these."

((OOC: Yah Charles, Marrik is on par if not a little bit more powerful than Mary, but he's Emo so it all balances out.  ;D

Chag4

• Kinky
  • PM of awkwardness
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2009, 04:01:20 pm »
Lu-ulianne sat still and watched the forest. The sounds had silenced, and birds didn't fly up from around anymore, some actually came back to settle down in the trees. But of course, she couldn't be sure. But her fingers itched, and she was about to explode with curiosity.
All because of that black ahired man, she thought. Heh, I'm probably just imagining things, I can't recall ever seeing him, yet he seems familiar. I'm probably just interrested in him in different ways, and it makes me imagine things that aren't true.
Yet she let herself down from the town walls and dashed away to the forest, running in a comfortable speed that she could keep up for a long time, inbetween trees.
She passed a few people headed the other way, about 10 meters away, but didn't stop. they didn't interrest her.
She switched to going from tree to tree, when she neared the scene, moving slower and more carefully so that no one would notice her.
She stopped, crouched down on a thick branche when she could finally see the remains of the battle.
Dead people scattered around, a whole bunch of arrows that had been fired, broken and scattered, as if whatever they had hit hadn't been affected more than that it could rip them out, and shrug them away.
And there, in the middle of it all, was the dark haired man, bloody scrathes downwards his back, on his knees, still concious.
The danger seemed to have passed however, so Lu-ulianne let herself down just a few meters right up front of the black haired man, approaching him slowly, not trying to hide or anything.
"Need assistance?" She asked, a small smile on her lips, as if trying to be friendly, something she didn't usually do.

(OOC - The "few people" are the archergirl and Raxis. She didn't notice Esseme it seems, let's blame that on "she knows how to hide". Also, when she is in town, and she talks to people, she will constantly wear a broad smile, and her eyes will narrow as if they smile with her, but when at work, and such, she looks cooly and calculatingly at people and rarely smiles.
The town thing is just an act, and she doesn't really like the normal people, becuase she thinks their lives are too simple to be of importance. So even if she doesn't look nice or friendly, and maybe even as if she has no feelings for anything when she is at work, that is actually when she truly feels something for anything. So that little smile meens a lot, even if no one sees, and even if they come with a set of cool only-professional looking eyes. She is confusing, I know. Also; "interrested in different ways" probably means for sexual matters. ^^,)

Keaoden Silverstride

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2009, 05:39:05 pm »
Marrik looked up at Lu-ulianne with a soft smile. Slowly he tried to stand, hiding his cringe as best he could he nodded to the woman. "You wouldn't happen to have some extra bandages that I could use?"

Marrik's wounds dripped blood from his arms and back, Lu-ulianne could make out the tiny pit-pat of the drops even as Marrik seemed to play them off as less then they should.

Marrik didn't know what to make of the woman that was standing there in front of him, she had come out of nowhere, and wanted to help, something didn't quite sit right so he kept is guard up just in case she was to pull something.

Chag4

• Kinky
  • PM of awkwardness
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2009, 06:32:21 pm »
Lu-ulianne sent Marrik a measuring look as he stood up. She could see that he didn't relax in her presence.
Heh, she thought, with a slight irritation towards herself. That I can understand. I wouldn't normally help complete strangers.
"I do, actually," she told Marrik, and took out her pouch of medical 'equipment'. "Not enough for that, I'm afraid. Want help with it?" she proceeded to ask, but didn't wait for an answer before she walked around him, facing his back.
She put her pouch on the ground, before gripping Marrik's shirt, ripping it up carefully, so as not to cause him more pain.
She had a quick look at his wounds and bit her lip. A lot worse than he seemed to want to admit.
She quickly started to cover his back in bandages, moving her hands carefully.
"I have no healing experience," she told him sternly. "So don't expect this to fix anything at all. You should get to a healer at once."
The bandages would soak soon enough, and she didn't even have enough to cover up all of the wounds on his arms.
She took a step back to get the full view of her work. Pausing for a slight second to admire the remaining exposed skin of his back, and his broad manly shoulders.
She shook her head, and regained her focus.
"This wasn't Vadaan's work," she stated. "Then who did it?"

(OOC - I'm surprised at how bad this post ended up being. I thought I was out of my dead zone. Apparantly not. Too little description, and the sudden attractions came a lot more suddenly then I had planned.)

Keaoden Silverstride

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2009, 03:21:44 pm »
Marrik tried not to cringe at the treatment Lu-ulianne gave him. She was being gentle as one could be tending to his nasty wounds, and he was thankful but still curious about what she was doing there and who she was. Smirking at her stern words he nodded, still with his back to her, "I know."

Then came her words about Vadaan, and Marrik stopped and chuckled, was she really concerned or just as curious as he was. "No, this was the work of a very strange girl..."

As Marrik turned to look at Lu-ulianne something was wrong, a wave of pain shot through his back and forced him down to his knees, he stifled his scream of pain as much as he could, swearing a few times in a language unknown to Lu-ulianne's ears. "I need to get back to guild..." Looking up at Lu-ulianne he gave her a pained smile, "You wouldn't mind helping me once more would you?"

(OOC: Chag relax, I practically have writers block, its okay.)