Author Topic: A little pit of rage  (Read 209469 times)

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • Me the 13th Duke of Wymbourne are they quite mad!
    • MSN Messenger - oddballsco@hotmail.co.uk
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - oddball24sco
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
Re: A little pit of rage
« Reply #780 on: January 16, 2011, 03:16:25 am »
Grr got fucking blue screened!
What good is dreaming it if you don't actually do it?.

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • MSN Messenger - charles_wilkinson@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #781 on: January 16, 2011, 05:17:12 am »
Grr got fucking blue screened!
I've known your pain all to well with my work computer in recent times.
CLAN OF THE CATS IS MAKING A COMEBACK! JUNE 8th.  BE THERE!

Pwncho

• Harem Master
  • The bedsheet ghost
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #782 on: February 03, 2011, 11:06:52 am »
FUUUUUUCK!!!! Holy crap! after confirming 2 times that i dont need to take this psych class the fucking secretary turns around and "reconfirms" that i do in fact have to take it... seriously WTF after I skipped todays class and didnt do the assignment... WTF ubc  get your shit together.
Mercury or bust

Smiles

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • Easter is gonna be great!Heard he will Rise Again!
    • View Profile
    • AnimeCentral
    • Email
« Reply #783 on: April 16, 2011, 05:20:27 pm »
damn Our fucking economy and gas being $4.11.  i cant afford to get anywhere. *blue streak* like my cousin's play and rocky horror picture show.  >:( stupid fucking gas prices BS! >:( >:( >:(
Just loving it! :-*
let's sit and chat a while and see if I don't make you smile .;)

Hans

• Rose Petal Acolyte
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #784 on: April 25, 2011, 12:37:22 pm »
I like the smell of the wrong power supply on a storage device. NOT!
It was my backup disk, so no important data lost yet. But it's annoying nontheless.

TheShyOne

• Collared Pet
  • Hidden within the shadows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: April 26, 2011, 07:09:20 am »
I was rearranging things in my room, but there's some stuff I can leave out for days and still not know EXACTLY where to put it. Everything is a big clusterfuck when it comes to this...
Signified! :P

Churba

• Passion Player
  • The Fresh Prince of Leeds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: April 26, 2011, 07:30:57 am »
Dear Americans - Stop supporting Ron Paul just because he's against the war, and for the legalization of drugs and lowering income tax. In case you haven't noticed, he's a hyper-religious crazy fucker with all sorts of lunatic positions, such as the removal of all anti-discrimination legislation, and not only keeping don't ask don't tell, but expanding it to include all "Disruptive" sexual behavior - aka, all that which doesn't fall within his extraordinarily religious world view.

Seriously, that this crazy wanker is even in congress is an outright failing of your populace. A giant, idiotic black mark.

L0g0s

• Hot Streaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: May 01, 2011, 09:29:18 am »
Dear Americans, please vote for Ron Paul.  Because it will tick of the other countries.  Wait, we do that no matter what.  Eh, no matter.  Vote for whatever nut YOU want.  It's keeps things interesting.  I mean, what is with people wanting to homogenize politics the world over?  Personally, I'm running a write in campaign for Gandalf.

Oh, and the actual purpose of my post.  I hate Paypal.

Really, I just can't express myself fully on that. 

TheShyOne

• Collared Pet
  • Hidden within the shadows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: May 01, 2011, 06:38:12 pm »
I couldn't figure out what to do today. All I did was get on the computer and then sleep from noon to 8 PM. Thing is, I was rearranging my room AGAIN some days ago. I have an old TV cabinet (as old as the late 1990s) that's been in my room for about 2 months, and I started regretting to have done so because my room is so small (111 in. wide, 89 in. tall, 117 in. long). Now I barely have room for anything else to put, all of my game consoles are unplugged, I can't think of another way, and it drives me insane even more. I don't what to do now...
Signified! :P

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
« Reply #789 on: May 09, 2011, 02:18:28 pm »
Very pissed off just now. Not been on much recently due to facking hay fever.  Its making me very tired and doing wierd stuff to my eyes, dry one minute watering non stop the next.   so for those in the RP thread a big sorry will catch up and get some story posted.

Smiles

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • Easter is gonna be great!Heard he will Rise Again!
    • View Profile
    • AnimeCentral
    • Email
« Reply #790 on: October 21, 2011, 11:50:48 pm »
I am so mad. I finally get to the last box of unpacking my manga. 8) this should be a good thing but it's not cuz all my flipside books are soaking wet. :( the weird thing is the outside of the box is super dry.  :'( ??? and nothing else got ruined at all. :-X i'm gonna have to buy the books all over again now. every last one is ruined. >:(
Just loving it! :-*
let's sit and chat a while and see if I don't make you smile .;)

phillip1882

• Collared Pet
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #791 on: November 14, 2011, 02:06:51 am »
Dear Americans - Stop supporting Ron Paul just because he's against the war, and for the legalization of drugs and lowering income tax. In case you haven't noticed, he's a hyper-religious crazy fucker with all sorts of lunatic positions, such as the removal of all anti-discrimination legislation, and not only keeping don't ask don't tell, but expanding it to include all "Disruptive" sexual behavior - aka, all that which doesn't fall within his extraordinarily religious world view.

Seriously, that this crazy wanker is even in congress is an outright failing of your populace. A giant, idiotic black mark

okay, just felt like pointing out he's not in favor of removing ALL anti discrimination laws, hes only in favor of it for private organizations. if boys club of America or some church wants to be white exclusive, or latino exclusive, or black exclusive, or what have you, why prevent them? and I'm pretty sure he's not in favor of don't ask don't tell. he would prefer people not tell him they are gay, but doesn't mind that they serve in the military.
there are two ways to be a patriot. the first is to join the military. the second is to convince the government that use of military force is unnecessary. the second is much more difficult but also more rewarding.

Yeti

• Tender Young Virgin
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: November 14, 2011, 05:37:27 am »
If boys club of America or some church wants to be white exclusive, or latino exclusive, or black exclusive, or what have you, why prevent them?

Is this some wonderful line of satire, or do you genuinely mean what you just said?

phillip1882

• Collared Pet
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #793 on: November 14, 2011, 06:51:18 am »
i genuinely mean it. i don't understand why we need to force blacks in a privately owned school. if government wants to place that restriction on the schools it owns,  that's fine. and it should do so. the government should try to set a good example. but its up to us to decide from there. if you want to put your child in an all white privately owned school, in my opinion you should be able to. i don't particularly like that idea, but it should be possible.
there are two ways to be a patriot. the first is to join the military. the second is to convince the government that use of military force is unnecessary. the second is much more difficult but also more rewarding.

Emp_Dragon

• Harem Master
  • Submit to the power of Sam
    • MSN Messenger - erik.arteus@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: November 14, 2011, 09:20:11 am »
Coming from a different background, I have to say I dissagree with you phillip. From my point of view, homogenous private schools are a subtle but fundamental threat to society regardles if their homogenity focuses on gender, skin colour, class or religion.

This because the fact that segregation breeds ignorance, prejudice, biggotry etc. All of those create a self-enchancing spiral towards chaos and the sundering of any civilized community or nation.

phillip1882

• Collared Pet
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #795 on: November 14, 2011, 12:40:37 pm »
hmm. in my opinion forced desegregation is just as bad, and can lead to an equal amount of civil unrest if not more so.

Emp_Dragon

• Harem Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: November 14, 2011, 01:13:51 pm »
In short term, yes, but in the long term over, say four to five generations, the community comes out stronger than before when everyone pulls in roughly the same direction or at least donesn't actively work to scuttle the collective.

phillip1882

• Collared Pet
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #797 on: November 15, 2011, 01:52:44 pm »
so... you would be in favor of having the boy scouts forced to accept gays as teachers? you would be in favor of a Christian church forced to accept Muslims among its members? you would be in favor of an adoption agency being forced to accept a pro abortionists as well?
freedom includes the freedom to make mistakes.
and including a group that's counter intuitive to your beliefs will cause more strife both short term and long term.

Churba

• Passion Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: November 15, 2011, 11:57:59 pm »
What? That's just silly. Nobody is forced to do anything.

Here, let me give you an example - Down here, we don't have any rules against gay people in the scouts, in fact, those rules were made unenforceable by our anti-discrimination laws. Does that mean that anyone is forced to have a gay scout-master? Of course not. In fact, it's a very good example of the old favorite "Invisible hand of the free market" - if you want to be in a scout troop with a gay scout-master, you can! If you don't want to? You don't have to! Nobody is forced to do anything. The only thing it does is to stop people from discriminating based on various factors.

I mean, sure, someone might have a problem with it if they believe things like this -
Many more are going to have difficultly avoiding the belief that our country is being destroyed by a group of actual and potential terrorists -- and they can be identified by the color of their skin.
Opinion polls consistently show that only about 5% of blacks have sensible political opinions
I think we can safely assume that 95% of the black males in that city are semi-criminal or entirely criminal.
We are constantly told that it is evil to be afraid of black men, but it is hardly irrational. Black men commit murders, rapes, robberies, muggings, and burglaries all out of proportion to their numbers.
Perhaps the L.A. experience should not be surprising. The riots, burning, looting, and murders are only a continuation of 30 years of racial politics.
"If you have ever been robbed by a black teen-aged male, you know how unbelievably fleet-footed they can be."
"What else do we need to know about the political establishment than that it refuses to discuss the crimes that terrify Americans on grounds that doing so is racist? Why isn't that true of complex embezzling, which is 100 percent white and Asian?"
And try to get rid of discrimination laws so they can do whatever their racist little hearts desire. But for anyone rational or reasonable, then there is no reason to support such nonsense. I mean those are the kinda words you'd expect out of David Duke or Stormfront, not reasonable or rational people.

Well, of course, to the idea such things not being the thoughts of reasonable or rational people, they're all quotes from Ron Paul's newsletter. So it's understandable why David Duke and Stormfront are both such massive supporters of Ron Paul, Why Paul's words are reprinted in their newsletters and newspapers, why he's supported by the John Birch society(who, in turn, he grants interviews and various engagements at dinners) and the council of conservative citizens(you might know them better by their previous name, the White Citizens council, and I assure you, it's nothing to do with a town or a place named "white").

As a few other highlights, he also voted against the re-authorising of the voting rights act, and voted for the federal election integrity act - Odd, for mister anti-fed, since it was nothing more than an attempt at federal regulation and legalization of voter suppression of black people and poor people.

Or maybe we shouldn't talk about such sensitive issues as race, since it may be somewhat uncomfortable to realise that he marches in absolute lock-step with the fucking neo-nazi racist right wing on the topic of immigration. Maybe we should concern ourselves with the fact he's an extremely religious christian dominion sort of fella, or maybe that he's a 9/11 truther, he believes in the Illuminati and New World Order conspiracy theories, he Belives the CIA held a silent coup of the US government and now controls it, belives that the UN and NATO are grand evil conspiracies and wants to ban them from US soil, His foreign policy amounts to "Close the borders, fortify it with the army, and shoot any (pick your racial insult here) that try to get in", he belives that the Council on Foreign Relations and the Trilateral Commission are shadowy evil empires, when they're hardly more than ineffectual think-tanks, Believes Hillary Clinton is a secret lesbian(and so what if she is in the closet? The only bad thing about that would be that she felt she had to remain in the closet about it) and a Pinko commie, along with accusing her mother of murder and bill clinton of having black and white illegitimate childeren across the country, That Bill Clinton ordered the murder of Vince Foster, Clinton was a coke-head.

Let us also consider that he's a strong supporter of the Defense of Marriage act - once again, it's funny how he's okay with federal government regulation, as long as it stops gay people from getting married - and a co-sponsor of the Marriage Protection Act, which not only makes the defense of marriage act even stronger, but also attempts to prevent it being challenged in court. You also won't find him on the list of Co-sponsors for the Military Readiness Enhancement Act of 2007, which would have repealed DADT, and he's also against gay adoption.

Let us also consider how he, as a "strict constitutionalist", also disagrees with the constitutionally set-in-stone separation of church and state, or how the Marriage protection act would be enormously unconstitutional.
In fact, he frankly ignores whatever the constitution actually says, in favor of whatever the fuck lunatic babble is going on in his head at the time. For example, when he called immigration a threat to the second amendment. Because apparently, scary immigrants and wannabe immigrants are going to...take away your guns?
Or of course, let's not forget when he introduced a bill to bar the federal courts from hearing any cases that might result in the establishment clause actually being enforced.

And of course, let's talk about gold. Hard to avoid, really. The problem is that Ron Paul's ideas about gold are utter nonsense, and he's a hypocrite about them on top of that - after all, if he were not a hypocrite, why would he have a company that exchanges gold for US dollars? - But basically, they would result in rapid economic collapse for the US. Actually, collapse isn't accurate - Implosion, would be the right word.
Ron has a very short memory - he forgets that his lovely gold-backed currency nearly destroyed the US economy once before, and that is in fact the reason the US is no longer on the gold standard - because the second other countries with large investments in your nation see your nation start to stumble, they immediately pull out their share of gold and giggle as your country crashes and burns.
Of course, let's not forget that if you could gather up every single scrap of gold on the earth(you can't), it was all 24 karat purity(it isn't) and somehow you could get equal to the highest market price ever recorded(you probably can't) then you'd have very, very roughly about 3 trillion in gold. The US national debt is 14 trillion. So, now that all your gold is gone, and you have nothing to back your currency, how are you to pay off that other eleven trillion? And don't even talk to me about Ron Paul claiming he can Eliminate the US national debt, the crazy fuck thinks he can do it by eliminating taxes, showing immediately that he's a congressman who doesn't actually have the foggiest idea where all the money that runs the country comes from.

Man, this is getting long, so let's really boogie on through the last few - He's also against women's rights, Campaign finance reform, worker's rights, any social programs, and universal healthcare.

Sure, Vote for him if you want. But in light of all that, Please don't be offended that I'll think far less of you for it.

phillip1882

• Collared Pet
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #799 on: November 16, 2011, 01:53:20 pm »
hmmm. a very long post indeed, i would like to address some of the points.

i was unaware of his racist views. form the way he speaks and the message he preaches, i would not have guessed it.
i still think the idea is a good one however. i think peter shiff also explains why. to paraphrase him, to hire a black person causes undue baggage. if he's a bad worker, its tough to fire him without potentially being called racist. even if he is a good worker, if another employee makes a racial remark and he doesn't fire him, he (the employer) could be sued.
i agree somewhat with the premise of open employment. if i ran an internet company for example, i would be willing to hire anyone regardless of race, religion, etc. but if i ran a mosque, i wouldn't want a Christian preacher, or accountant.
as to the marriage law, i heard him speak on gay marriage on several occasions, again as far as I'm aware he's not against them marrying, just so long as its not a government issued license.  (it can be a church or other organization issued.) he actually wants to do way with all government marriage licensing, from my understanding, so it's not like he's being prejudicial to gays there.
on the topic of immigration, he's just in favor of securing our borders; he doesn't mind legal immigration.
he wants us to pull out militarily from every country, not just Iraq and Afghanistan. he wants out of nato and the u.n. because several presidents have used u.n. and nato resolutions to declare war, instead of following the rule of law, which says he must go through congress.
on the topic of gold, he doesn't want a gold backed paper dollar, he wants the government to issue gold coins and collect them as taxes, while any individual can use anything they desire as currency. he has a company that exchanges gold for u.s. dollars so people who desire gold as security for the coming collapse of the dollar can purchase it. and believe me the dollar will collapse.
anyway sorry if i offended you.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 02:10:41 pm by phillip1882 »

Churba

• Passion Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: November 17, 2011, 01:13:53 am »
anyway sorry if i offended you.
Oh, no, you didn't. I'm just saving time - inevitably, a discussion of Ron Paul will cover all those points, and if I know what will be said three or four posts down the line, why not say it now? I'm rather well practiced on debating the topic, surprisingly.

L0g0s

• Hot Streaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: November 17, 2011, 05:51:20 pm »
I'm tired of co-workers who bitch and moan about how they are unfairly treated.   But don't do anything to exude a sense of competence in their job.   

Falling asleep at work, or complaining about being mugged last night, and having someone steal your marijuana while you were drunk does not tend to encourage an employer to treat you any better.  And it kind of kills any sympathy I might have had for you.

Also, it doesn't help to loudly declare how you're going to "kick the supervisors ass" when he's on the other side of a very thin dividing wall.  Without a door.  Every day.  All day. 

phillip1882

• Collared Pet
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #802 on: November 25, 2011, 09:32:46 am »
ugh i'm really begining to hate operating systems. i was running win xp, but it started slowing down from a bunch of applications it didnt need to run yet kept on doing so. so i switched to linux, but the headache just continues. many applications such as adobe shockwave player, and several others that work jsut fine in windows dont work at all under linux, and the ones that do work are often a 10 step 2 hour proccess to step up. can't anyone create a windows like os that isn't virus prone?

L0g0s

• Hot Streaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: December 07, 2011, 01:15:02 pm »
Drunk drivers man.  I hate that I seem to keep running into them.  I need to start driving something heavy enough to run over other vehicles. 

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
« Reply #804 on: December 07, 2011, 04:35:41 pm »
how about a M1 Abram's tank ?

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #805 on: June 06, 2012, 12:14:48 pm »
Parents who tell you that you don't understand life, know hard work or some other such crap until you have kids.  Worst is when they tell you that your life will completely change when you have them.. If you're someone without kids and a parent tells you this, tell 'em to go fuck themselves.

Many of these people had kids very early in life and have little or no idea of what life is like without kids to be able to comment and compare their situation to yours or anyone currently going through life without kids.  I'm in my 30's with my 1st child and I can say that it is not completely guaranteed to upturn your life.  Certainly for some it can and will but really, when they just treat you like you're somehow ignorant and outside some special club... Tell 'em to shove it up their arse!

Certainly, at a certain level and to a certain extent your life is different.  How can it not be.  But if you see that smug expression of superiority on their face as they talk you down for having no offspring you should seriously consider putting your fist in it (foot if you can kick that high).

Emp_Dragon

• Harem Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: June 06, 2012, 01:07:12 pm »
^Not to mention the kind of attitude you as a couple tend to face when asked when you intend to start having kids and reply that you won't and don't want any... That can even make people aggressive!  :o >:(

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #807 on: June 06, 2012, 01:28:53 pm »
Oh hell yes. Don't get me started.  They'd get in your face about how you don't know what you're missing out on.  Again, probably people who had kids early so they've got no idea what they're missing out on without kids.

If I had to theorize I'd say they simply can't imagine someone without the desire to have children and immediately presume that there's something wrong with them and that they need fixing or convincing.  Heck, maybe they feel like you diminish or invalidate their choice to have children for some reason.

Really, if you don't want kids, there's nothing wrong in not having them.  At a VERY technical level, I suppose you could argue that there is something wrong with someone who doesn't wish to reproduce since thats one of the primary functions of nearly all creatures and a species which doesn't would simply die out, but humans are vastly complex and complicated beyond the base instincts and urges.

We're not all automatically great parents and we won't automatically love parenting if we have children.  Granted, the majority probably do and granted, if someone who didn't want children mistakenly had or gained them and decided to raise them there's a good chance they may well be good at it and/or grow to enjoy it.  Its even possible that someone who doesn't want children may change their minds in the future.  But there are plenty of parents who think they'd be good at parenting and end up being terrible, and there are some who end up wishing they'd never had children.

I wouldn't say that people who don't want children are right not to have them 'cos they'd more than likely make bad parents.  If anything I'd say they have a better chance of making good parents since they go into it without any high expectations that can be dashed or the idea that they'll just automatically be great parents.  But its individuals choices and IMHO the decision to have children is bigger than the decision of marriage.  You can get divorced and move on but its much harder to abandon a child, even with adoption.

Razzly

• Erotic
  • Contrast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: June 12, 2012, 06:17:00 am »
Thank you Charles. I couldn't have put it better myself.

I have noticed though, that a lot of times when I mention that I don't intend to ever reproduce, the person I'm speaking to gets this horrified look on their face. ..As if I just told them that I want to dig up and fuck their dead mother or something. They seem to take my personal life choice extremely personally, calling me selfish as well as all those things you mentioned in your post.
My father even went far enough to say that children are the meaning of life, and that my existence is pointless.  When I told him he has three sons out of which at least one will probably have kids, he said it's not the same when it's boys.
(Apparently grandchildren only count if they come specifically from your daughter's uterus.)

But like you said, it'd be an awful idea for me to get a kid that I don't want. That child would not be happy. Every child deserves a loving family. 
The earth is overpopulated as hell as it is, so I'd rather refrain from popping out more unhappy kids, and leave the reproduction to those who have the will and energy to raise a healthy generation. Unfortunately that's not usually how it goes.

At a VERY technical level, I suppose you could argue that there is something wrong with someone who doesn't wish to reproduce since thats one of the primary functions of nearly all creatures

Here I'd actually argue it's an evolutionary step. Nature strives for balance, and truth is that we're overpopulating the earth at a rate which the planet can't handle. We're consuming more than the earth offers, so perhaps this slowly growing number of childfree people is a way to balance out the numbers?

« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 06:21:31 am by Razzly »
Winner of Brion Foulke's "cute little panda"-award.
"Mutta rukous on vain mutina tuulessa, ei sitä kukaan kuule..."

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #809 on: June 12, 2012, 07:42:37 am »
You get population booms in the wild but they're generally either sorted out by an equal boom in predators or a starvation from lack of resources which leads to fierce competition and generally less breeding from the stressful situation.  There are certain animals that supposedly reduce or cease their mating in a crowded situation for reasons believed to relate to pheromones but beyond that there are rodents like the Lemmings that frequently experience population booms and solve it with a mass suicide (not something I'd recommend for humanity).

I think the real problem of humans isn't so much that we've overpopulated to a point that the planet can't feed us yet, its that we're capable of drawing resources so efficiently and to such an extent that we draw on the resources of other creatures with steady populations and this means they are suddenly overpopulated for what they can take and suffer.  By the time we're drawing on enough of the Earth's resources that its really a worry for us, there isn't likely to be much of any other animals left bar those who have learned to rely on us for food to a good extent (rats, pigeons, ibis, domesticated creatures, etc).

When I told him he has three sons out of which at least one will probably have kids, he said it's not the same when it's boys.
(Apparently grandchildren only count if they come specifically from your daughter's uterus.)
Well... I guess a mother is GENERALLY closer to the children (particularly when the kids are younger) and thus will keep them in better contact with her parents than the father's.  There are differences, certainly, but I can't imagine I'd get hung up if Evelyn decided to never have kids and I had boys who did.

I think I'd regard the choice to have kids when you want them at least as selfish as not having them when you don't.  You don't have kids for the kid's sake, they're not even in existence *LOL*.  People could probably only argue for selflessness if they wanted kids but choose not to have them for population or other reasons (inability to provide, etc) or they can have kids but adopt instead.  And really, I don't see anything wrong with being a bit selfish and having what you want in life, particularly a big commitment like having and raising a child for something like 18 years.

Like I said, I think they almost feel confronted by someone's choice to not have children as it feels like it somehow collides with their choice to have children.  I guess it falls into a lot of things with people going outside normal society's expectations.  Women are supposed to (and arguably, generally do) dream of their wedding day and having children, etc.  So if you don't believe in marriage or even relationships, they feel like you're bringing down the whole system as they know it to be.

RAGE!!!: overpopulation... We had Dick Smith here in Australia, make a decent push for it in the last election and its all but forgotten now.  He desperately tried to explain that if you've got a chair coming into a house every day, it doesn't matter if you work to shift them from the more crowded rooms to the less crowded, the problem is still that you have a chair coming in every day.  Yet people still carried on about how Australia has plenty of resources and can take plenty more immigrants, etc... THATS JUST MOVING THE FURNITURE IN THE SAME HOUSE TO A DIFFERENT ROOM!

That was the real problem.  It was seen as an argument against immigration and refugees which was a sensitive topic at the time.  The white supremest mobs sort of jumped on it and tainted the whole discussion.  One great solution is that the selfishness really works.  For a little while, we actually had a negative population growth due to low birth-rate in Australia.  Most women were working in decent earning jobs, there wasn't a lot of government aid for parents (paid maternity leave, child-care assistance, etc) so many people just couldn't afford it or weren't willing to take the drop in lifestyle to have them.  Even then, they had fewer on average.  Now all the benefits are in and we have another baby boom.