Author Topic: A little pit of rage  (Read 209426 times)

Razzly

• Erotic
  • Contrast.
    • View Profile
Re: A little pit of rage
« Reply #810 on: June 12, 2012, 08:54:07 am »
Well, I'm not a biologist, so I don't know. x) I just thought it might be possible.

Well... I guess a mother is GENERALLY closer to the children (particularly when the kids are younger) and thus will keep them in better contact with her parents than the father's.  There are differences, certainly, but I can't imagine I'd get hung up if Evelyn decided to never have kids and I had boys who did.

Huh. Perhaps that's a father thing, as I don't understand that line of reasoning at all. So what if they're closer to their mother, they'll still have your genes? ...Isn't that the whole point?  :'(
Winner of Brion Foulke's "cute little panda"-award.
"Mutta rukous on vain mutina tuulessa, ei sitä kukaan kuule..."

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • MSN Messenger - charles_wilkinson@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #811 on: June 13, 2012, 06:54:28 am »
The point of having kids is likely different for everyone.  Some are certainly big on the while passing your genes thing.  I was personally always happy to adopt and liked the idea of maybe adoption and my own kids or just adoption as we were facing some issues with having children for a little while there.  My wife wasn't keen on it though.  Her mother was adopted and I think that all the issues she seems to go though or have gone through affected my wife a bit.

I personally looked forward to raising kids.  I enjoyed teaching my nephews various tricks when they were younger babies and am known for getting them to roll... I was very much looking forward to that with my daughter but she suddenly figured it out by herself much earlier than expected :( *lol*. I love the play and she giggles like a mad hatter and I'm looking forward to other games as she gets older.

Still, I'm one of those people who enjoys sitting down and watching ants at work and such so I love seeing all the little bits of progress Evelyn makes as I find it very fascinating and have certainly come to love the personality she's developed.  I've watched as she's learned to roll one way then the other, shuffle forward before learning to crawl up on her arms, pick up objects and test them first with taste, then interest in texture followed by the investigation of shaking it, hitting it against the floor and finally holding two objects and banging them together.  She once used to simply take objects and drop them when bored but suddenly started to return them to their origin (in this case, my shirt pocket pens), then there was not only taking objects apart but trying to put them back together.  When blocked from an object she once used to happily just keep trying to get to it until bored but now she's gained the understanding that she's been purposely restricted and will whine about it instead.  There's the talking with simple words and then the first association of a word with something rather than just repeating whats heard (in this case the word "clap" will cause her to clap).  Eating solids and trying different foods, working out what she likes and doesn't like and seeing the reactions.

Maybe it has something to do with my childhood as well.  While I have experiences that are best forgotten, I had and have a very good relationship with my parents and have fond memories of them bringing me up.  I also have memories of my parents really enjoying raising me, particularly my father who will come to an outing like my wife's 30th and spend the majority of it away from the adults and playing with his 4 year old grandson (my nephew) in the designated kids area.  Knowing how much my parents enjoyed raising us is very likely one of the big things contributing to my desire to raise children, in the hope of experiencing the same joys.

I'm personally enjoying parenthood from the downs to the ups, but I can still sit here with the understanding that its not for everyone and that I don't need to push others to do it because I think they're missing out or anything silly.  For a variety of reasons people choose to have kids and for a variety of reasons that could be their own childhood, future goals, desired lifestyle or simply a lack of interest, other people choose to not have children.  And I neither see anything wrong with that or believe it to be a big deal.
CLAN OF THE CATS IS MAKING A COMEBACK! JUNE 8th.  BE THERE!

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • Me the 13th Duke of Wymbourne are they quite mad!
    • MSN Messenger - oddballsco@hotmail.co.uk
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - oddball24sco
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
« Reply #812 on: June 15, 2012, 04:18:13 pm »
Sorry to steer this away from children but: my dad has just got me so bluddy mad! just found out he has not been taking his waffrin (blood thinner) or any of his meds the doc's prescribed him after his heart op!!  >:( >:( >:(  He's just had two small warnings this week that some thing aint right found out he's been doing this for while and no one knew. Went through this with my grandad and I sure as hell don't want to go through this with my dad. So now he has to go up to hospital to get injections to bring him up to the levels that he should be at tomorrow then on Monday he has to go through a whole day of tests.   >:( >:(
What good is dreaming it if you don't actually do it?.

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • MSN Messenger - charles_wilkinson@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #813 on: June 15, 2012, 06:34:12 pm »
pfft, its the rage thread.  I was the one who had gotten off topic (although it started in rage).

Yeah, I can imagine that pissing you off.  High stress as he went through the operation to begin with and now you've got hear the after opp complications that could see you go right back through it.  Hope he wises up mate.
CLAN OF THE CATS IS MAKING A COMEBACK! JUNE 8th.  BE THERE!

Emp_Dragon

• Harem Master
  • Submit to the power of Sam
    • MSN Messenger - erik.arteus@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: June 28, 2012, 01:50:25 pm »
Ok, Why the fuck does a company make an anniversary edition airsoft pistol with parts that's incompatible with their standard range accessories, and then stop making spare magazines while there are still unsold pistols?  >:(

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
« Reply #815 on: June 28, 2012, 02:14:31 pm »
Must be a company related to Game Workshop  :-\

Daris

• Red Light Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: June 28, 2012, 03:35:13 pm »
Oh god.  Games Workshop.  I really fear for 6th Edition WH 40k... 

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
« Reply #817 on: September 09, 2012, 02:50:13 pm »
Drflipside.keenspot.com FECK AFF!! I have beaten you now get out of here! VICTORY IS MINE AND THE OTHER MODS!

Daris

• Red Light Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: September 10, 2012, 03:24:45 pm »
Dr.Flipside hasn't given up yet! It seems your victory cry is premature!

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
« Reply #819 on: September 10, 2012, 03:49:09 pm »
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

Chag4

• Kinky
  • PM of awkwardness
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: September 10, 2012, 04:43:04 pm »
no shit.
Just plodding along.

akashayi

« Reply #821 on: September 11, 2012, 08:51:05 pm »
Really need to bring out the banhammer

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
« Reply #822 on: September 12, 2012, 08:48:23 am »
Would really love to use my air deployable Ban Hammer  >:(

Stargoat

• Hot Streaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: September 12, 2012, 11:34:02 am »
EDIT Emo bitches should keep it to themselves.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 01:33:24 pm by Stargoat »

Emp_Dragon

• Harem Master
  • Submit to the power of Sam
    • MSN Messenger - erik.arteus@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: September 12, 2012, 11:54:33 am »
Sounds like a relationship killer to me :/