Author Topic: RSS Feed  (Read 4344 times)

Dorsai

RSS Feed
« on: September 22, 2009, 01:22:04 pm »
How often does the RSS update?

Churba

• Passion Player
  • The Fresh Prince of Leeds.
    • View Profile
Re: RSS Feed
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2009, 02:44:11 pm »
What sort of RSS feed are you looking for?

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • Me the 13th Duke of Wymbourne are they quite mad!
    • MSN Messenger - oddballsco@hotmail.co.uk
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - oddball24sco
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2009, 03:12:58 pm »
did not know we had one  ???
What good is dreaming it if you don't actually do it?.

Churba

• Passion Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2009, 04:02:49 pm »
Well, It updates on time, same time as the comic, but it just points you to the main site, where you can then click through to view the comic.
If our young friend is looking for an RSS feed that just pulls the comic, Our young friend can do that themselves without our help, because that stops Brion from getting the small amount of kickback he gets from having ads on the main page, while still sucking on his bandwidth and costing money.

If Brion wants to provide one, that's cool, but until he does, I'm not having a bar of it.

Brion Foulke

• Administrator
  • Experimental
    • AOL Instant Messenger - flipsider99
    • View Profile
    • www.flipsidecomics.com
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2009, 10:29:41 pm »
Well, that may have been true in the past, but all of the comic pages have ads now too.  The reason I haven't updated the RSS feed is because I don't know how.  I'm not the one who programmed it.  The guy who was helping me with the coding of stuff like that isn't helping me anymore.

Churba

• Passion Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2009, 10:49:05 pm »
Well, that may have been true in the past, but all of the comic pages have ads now too.  The reason I haven't updated the RSS feed is because I don't know how.  I'm not the one who programmed it.  The guy who was helping me with the coding of stuff like that isn't helping me anymore.
I meant a RSS feed that only pulls the image file that's the comic, rather than one that directs you to the comic page - I know you have ads on that page.

However, when I looked, the RSS feed is on the right page, and the update time for it is correct, nothing really wrong. So I'm not sure what the guy is asking, so much.