Author Topic: Flipside Roleplay (OOC/Sign-up)  (Read 52103 times)

Keaoden Silverstride

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
Flipside Roleplay (OOC/Sign-up)
« on: June 01, 2009, 06:59:29 pm »
I've been wondering about trying an Rp like this for a while now, not sure how well it will work but since the Rp area has been really...quiet for a long time might as well get one going.

Role-Play Rules

1. Forum Rules.
2. Post like you would write a story, be detailed
3. Killing is allowed but only if the user agrees to that.
4. No Official Characters are allowed.
5. NO GODMODDING
6. Be reasonable about attacks, and no never being hit.
7. You are not a hero, you can die, and you can be outnumbered.
8. Romance is allowed...O so allowed
9. Your character must be approved by me before you are allowed to post.
10. Follow the rules and make the Rp fun for everyone

Name:
Appearance: (A small paragraph or picture will do)
Oddity: (A small note on what makes your character unique, clean freak, tattoo, really likes an odd food, the little things like that.)
Generally carried items:
Weapons: (if any)
Special Item: (Like a family sword, special spell, ring, armor, something special to your character)
Special Skill (a very specific description on a skill that your character can has)
Bio: (Try and make it at least a paragraph.)

Name:Marrik Silverstride
Appearance: Tall, handsome with long flowing black hair, brilliant green eyes, and oddly pointed ears. Of a slight built that carries well, he is generally a very non-threatening person with an almost unnatural charisma.
Oddity: No one knows his past, or where he came from.
Generally carried items: Necklace with a single large Emerald, single black metal ring. No weapons.
Weapons: none
Special Item: His emerald necklace
Special Skill: Very charismatic
Bio: Until about 10 years ago it was if he didn't exist, no one knows where he came from. He seemed to just appear and take over and organize most the crime over much of the Empire. Quickly destroying his competition the Knights took notice. Using rumor and false tip he has so far eluded capture, he is so powerful they even have a false profile of him. His influence reaches far both north and south.

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • MSN Messenger - charles_wilkinson@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
Re: Flipside Roleplay (OOC/Sign-up)
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 10:11:35 pm »
Name: Raxis
Appearance: Short at only 5'. Sandy blond hair and greenish eyes, a bit scrawny but relatively fit. Not overly charismatic and lacks a little self-confidence but is quick to learn and perceptive.
Oddity: Managed to break his first seal without passing a disolving test.
Generally carried items: sack (spare clothes, meger coins), hooded brown travel coat.
Weapons: hammer (only a tool, but it's what he'll use if needed)
Special Item: none
Special Skill: Level 1 sorcerer (levitate, fire, strike, pick lock, Perm Enchant: [weightless, rust proof], Temp Enchant: [hot/flaming weapon])
Bio: Beginning life as the 3rd son of a farmer, Raxis has generally led a simple life with his family, but at some point, something awakened within him and he found things occuring unnaturally around him, such as the fire starting before he could even strike flint to it, or a door suddenly shutting it's self before his hand could force it so.  Raxis had broken his first seal without undertaking a disolving test and it became apparent both to him and his family when he attempted to move a heavy chest and suddenly lifted it with the aid of a levitation spell, before his father could grasp the opposite end.  His family did not condone magick with the 2nd son having joined the knights some time ago, and they accused him of secretly studying witchcraft, throwing him out of home.  Eventually Raxis gained employment assisting a smith who created enchanted items as a level 2 sorcerer.  He taught Raxis some of the basics but let him go when times got hard and he could no longer afford an assistant.  Since then he has begun working for some dubious people, assisting in robbery and smuggling with his magick skills lifting the purses from nobel's belts or working with his knowledge of locks from the Smithy to open safes or secure doors.
CLAN OF THE CATS IS MAKING A COMEBACK! JUNE 8th.  BE THERE!

NightWraith

• Forbidden Fruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 02:02:50 am »
Had this one rattling around on paper for some time.. not entirely sure if he fits here or not but...

Name: Vadaan Darkmere
Appearance: Tall, thin, his hands and face are that of an old man, he has a long grey beard and long wispy grey hair. A long black cloth robe covers the rest of his body held together at his waste by a thin leather cord from which hangs several small pouches of various reagents. The upper half of his robe looks fresh and new although a little worn, the lower half however looks decayed and rotten as though it had been in the ground for many years. If you were to look under his robe you would find that his legs are merely a brown skeleton. Vadaans lower body is literally that of someone who is dead and has been for many years.
Oddity: Vadaans lower body is literally that of someone who is dead and has been for many years. He levitates a foot above the ground (given he cant walk).
Generally carried items: A staff, number of reagent pouches containing herbs and bits of dead animals.
Weapons: (if any) His magic (see below).
Special Item:
Bio: Vadaan was once a well respected member of the Phalanx, responsible for defeating many rogue sorcerers, including those who had defeated every team sent against them, single handed. Vadaans success was down to his hidden secret, the use of forbidden Necromantic magic. It was some considerable time before his secret was discovered, but discovered it was. Vadaan fled, was pursued and eventually trapped by a force of 6 sorcerers. With no choice Vadaan cast a powerful spell with the intention of scouring the life from his pursuers, they attempted to counter his spell and almost succeeded. The resulting explosions of magic killed the sorcerers and turned Vadaan into what he is now. A half-living and half-dead being. It also wiped a lot of the magical knowledge from Vadaans mind, although his necromantic skills are mainly intact his skill with other magic is almost none.
Special Skill: His necromantic magic. Most of it requires him to be touching, or almost touching, his target (he can't shoot fireballs or throw rocks or anything like that) and all of his magic requires what, for want of a better term, is known as life-force. His to be exact, the more he uses the more shrivelled and dead his upper-body looks. However he is able to replenish his own life-force from others (he needs to be in contact with them to do this though). The more powerful the spell, the more life-force he requires to cast it.

May tinker with this later to make it work better...

Keaoden Silverstride

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2009, 09:29:55 pm »
Charles- approved
NightWraith- Interesting character but you will have to be careful with how you use him. Approved

Pozf

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • What is a man?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2009, 09:31:10 pm »
I had one up but scraped him. I SHOULD be posting one soon.
'Science is on the march. Don't get in its way.'

Lunar Rose

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2009, 08:21:49 pm »
Name: Fie Cili
Appearance: http://jingkingofthebandits.deviantart.com/art/Fie-Cili-124941062 Silver eyes, white gold on the small shapes on the mask, and blonde hair.
Oddity: Always wears her mask, rarely speaks, and doesn’t like staying in the same place for too long
Generally carried items: Her mask, clothing, and twin bladed fans.
Weapons: twin bladed fans
Special Item: Her mask, it was given to her by a loved one.
Special Skill: Dancing
Bio: Fie is a traveling dancer, she usually only last in one town long enough to get paid for dancing after that she leaves the town for the next one. A loved one gave the mask she wears to her many years ago, just after she was given the mask she stopped talking to everyone and began traveling, no one knows why. Fie learned to incorporate her fans in to all of her dances making all of her beautiful dances deadly.

Chag4

• Kinky
  • PM of awkwardness
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2009, 06:50:58 am »
Name: Lu-ulianne (Pronounced Lulianne. Nicknames: Lu, Lianne, Anne.)
Appearance:

Oddity: Sometimes seems as if she has split personalities which change spontaniously, other then that she has her more cool and calculating personality when she works, and the more "respectable" and innocent, and possibly a little shy when she is around "civilians".
Generally carried items: A small silk money pouch, a sketchbook and pencil, general healing items, like bandages and various normal remedies and salves for wounds.
Weapons: Kunai and shuriken (hidden from sight).

Special Item: An ivory comb.
Special Skill: Can move lightly and silently, even at high speed, can conceal herself well, draws well.
Bio: When she made it clear she didn’t want to marry nor have kids of her own, ever, her father attempted to make an arranged marriage for her. She understood that her father wanted different things than her, and that she wouldn’t find peace in a home that was opposed to her decisions. So she left.
She settled for a while in a big city, where she found an assasin who tought her an assasins arts.
Since then she moved towns often and did assasin jobs for whoever needed her services.

---------------------------------------

Name: Ameura (Nickname: Ame).
Appearance: Usually wears furs and alike, but sometimes she nicks regular clothing.

Oddity: Lives in forests mostly, hunts her own food and such.
Generally carried items: A long knife and a short knife for daily chores.
Weapons: Two standard daggers.
Special Item: Jewelry of different animal teeth for neck, wrist and ankle.
Special Skill: Level 2 sorcerer, however she doesn’t use most basic spells and enchantments. Mostly fire, but also enchantments for movements like running and jumping.
Bio: With no father, and her mother dying giving birth to her, she was taken in by a traveling sorcerer looking for a student. Ameura was a promising student and learned fast. She left him shortly after becoming a level 2 sorcerer.
She moved quickly from city to city, as she was never happy with her way of life. Living in the cites she grew to dislike humans and their ways greatly, and so she started living alone on the outskirts of little towns, mostly in woods and forests, hunting her own food, sometimes stealing, making her own clothing and moving on often, not setting foot in the towns unless she needed items she couldn’t make or get herself.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 05:57:04 pm by Chag4 »
Awkward hugs are my speciality.

NightWraith

• Forbidden Fruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2009, 07:40:10 am »
Any chance of starting this soon Mr Silverstride?

Keaoden Silverstride

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2009, 10:52:20 am »
I was just waiting for one more person and that appears to be Chag.

Its good to see you around again Chag, though your character is approved I would like to see a bit more in her bio some time.

I should have the RolePlay thread up within the day.

Chag4

• Kinky
  • PM of awkwardness
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2009, 10:32:32 pm »
Its good to see you around again Chag, though your character is approved I would like to see a bit more in her bio some time.

Heh, well, that's what's special about her, nothing has really happened to her ever, so she probalby wants adventure. But I'll do something about why she decided to use shuriken and kunai, and why she would need a weapon anyways. ^^

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2009, 10:47:46 pm »
Chag4 your back!  ;D

Chag4

• Kinky
  • PM of awkwardness
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2009, 12:56:16 pm »
Back to RP'ing, but that's about it.

Smiles

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • Easter is gonna be great!Heard he will Rise Again!
    • View Profile
    • AnimeCentral
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2009, 01:14:58 am »
i'm gonna put up my bio for this tomorrow! ^_^ :-* but till then *snugs and huggles*
Just loving it! :-*
let's sit and chat a while and see if I don't make you smile .;)

Chag4

• Kinky
  • PM of awkwardness
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2009, 04:40:48 am »
So, I updated Lu-ulianne's profile, and made her a little more exciting.

Keaoden Silverstride

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2009, 03:24:35 pm »
I like it Chag, an assassin who draws. She must be such an artistic killer :P
And your entrance was fine, though its giving me a few bad ideas for what could happen.

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2009, 05:42:52 pm »
@Chag4: Loving it and your return (even if it is only the RPG forums) *squee*

@Keaoden: That wouldn't involve her falling from her branch, directly onto the Necromancer would it? *lol*

Smiles

• Nymphomaniac!!
    • View Profile
    • AnimeCentral
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2009, 12:56:02 am »
Name: Esseme (real surname unknown)
Appearance:

Oddity: She has an odd birthmark just above her left buttcheek that makes her very important to those of wealth type power and even somewhat in the magical type power.
Generally carried items: hair brush, nail file, makeup pouch, compact mirror, lipstick, etc. i.e. the essentials every girl needs.
Weapons: eep! Weapons are scary! *good at hiding*
Special Item: A heart locket with pictures of her mother and father inside.
Special Skill: She can sing like an angel.
Bio: For as long as she can remember Uncle Jenoh has taken care of her. He'd protected her from the evils of the outside world. She'd never left the safety of the stone walls around the mansion. She'd been given her every whim as long as she stayed. It helped that her Nana was an illusionist and her dearest friend. She could practically go anywhere she wanted without leaving. So why would she want to leave? When she discovered a little over a week ago that her uncle had been the one to murder her parents in cold blood, and that he wasn't really her uncle at all, she realized she had to escape. Unfortunately for her she had hoped her Nana would come with her and had told her discovery and plans to the one person she believed would be on her side. The Nana had turned her in and she'd been locked in her bedroom ever since. She was more determined than ever to get away now...
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 09:42:10 pm by Smiles »

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2009, 01:06:47 am »
Why do I get the feeling that Smiles has just created the primary romance target for all male characters in the game?

...Including Raxis  ;D

Chag4

• Kinky
  • PM of awkwardness
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2009, 06:16:24 am »
NOOOOOO! Why do men like their women weak? D:

NightWraith

• Forbidden Fruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2009, 06:36:42 am »
Btw..

This Intermission... http://www.flipsidecomics.com/comic.php?i=423 Covers a few "world related" things.

Chag4

• Kinky
  • PM of awkwardness
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2009, 02:12:05 pm »
Sooooo.... I change Lu-ulianne's profile AGAIN. I figured being asexual in flipside would kind of kill the point a little. xD
So, I changed her oddity to a slight split personality, that enables her to be all of which I saw in her, + maybe a little flirty at times.
I honestly hope SOME of you guys prefer your women a little stronger... D:

CrystalDragonSpaceMarine

• Eternal Lover
  • Show me your enemies.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2009, 02:39:42 pm »
Name: Jonathan Whitechapel
Appearance:

Oddity: Heterochromia...one green eye, one purple eye.
Generally carried items:
Weapons: Cane-sword. Small bladed weapons like knives.
Special Item: A D-bag! Used to carry his smaller weapons and a variety of bottles (containing everything from drinks, mundane medicines and poisons, to magical potions).
Special Skill: Alchemy. Jon possesses an encyclopaedic knowledge of plants and creatures possessing toxic qualities or medicinal, and knows how to mix a variety of harmful concoctions (and even some helpful ones). He has recently set his sights on magical power and has attained Level 1 of Sorcery (water whip, pyrotechnics, and a few other enchantments for tinkering with liquids)
Special Spell: "Madon Laulu" (used to deliver a dose of poison through the water whip)

Bio: Jon fully believes himself to center of the universe, a great hero and a god. He believes he is able to do or accomplish anything he wants, and that the rest of the world is merely an illusion generated as a result of latent insecurity and a lack of confidence that is actively trying to convince him that he does not have free will, when in reality nothing is impossible. Despite this, he also seems to believe heavily in the idea of fate, since his own choices are produced my his own impulses, which he did not create himself (or maybe he did?)
Despite the sociopathic behavior he tends to engage in (he is freely willing to kill anyone he dislikes casually and cheerfully, as a normal person might swat a fly), he also fancies himself a hero and this has given him a warped sense of justice, as well as the tendency to hit on anything with a nice set of hips and a pretty face. He is not uncharismatic, since despite his solipsism he is not overly self-absorbed, narcissistic, or egotistical, and genuinely cares about other people (at least the ones he likes). His fascination about poison and his whimsical attitude in the face of carnage tends to weird people out, but for others these traits may make others drawn to his eccentric charm. Indeed, he is a man of many despites.
He grew up in the southern realms of Iscariot in a small farming village, where he was apprenticed to a blacksmith for a time, and later to a local wisewoman, who taught him herbcraft and magic. After having a falling out with some of the villagers (and a certain one of those villagers having a falling out with several vital portions of his body) Jon set out to explore the wider world, and eventually developed his current worldview, talents, and eccentricities. For a time he served as a high-ranking guard at a prison, but has since abandoned this job.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 08:47:43 pm by CrystalDragonSpaceMarine »

Keaoden Silverstride

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2009, 02:56:51 pm »
Smiles very nice character, approved

And Chag, a nice change but be careful with how often she changes personalities, less she seem crazy and all.

Chag4

• Kinky
  • PM of awkwardness
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2009, 03:05:42 pm »
Oh, don't worry. It'll just seem as if she acts more cooly when working, and more caring when she is around civilians. It's actually the opposite. Though she seems friendly when with normal people, she cares more about work, and the people she meets there.
Being nice, and smiling is just her way of not caring. xD
She is indeed wierd, but her assasin work sort of ruins the character, it forces me to change her from the kind nun that I saw her as first, but it's okay, she would have been boring anyways.

On a side note; She is absolutely NOT a hero. She doesn't save people, maybe unless they are usefull or fascinates her a lot.

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2009, 05:10:03 pm »
Did you just call Smiles' character weak? *LOL*  :-*

Well, I guess it's because the strong ones are just intimidating :P.  They're also often very self dependent and keen to appear strong by not needing anyone.  Much like a strong man who keeps his macho by not needing a woman but takes a woman who is weak and acts like she'd die without him.  It makes him feel strong to by having someone so dependent on him.  Strong women aren't usually bothered about getting a weak man to make them feel strong.  They look stronger by having no man and appearing independent.

*meh* a discussion for another thread *lol*.

Smiles

• Nymphomaniac!!
    • View Profile
    • AnimeCentral
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2009, 08:32:31 pm »
Smiles very nice character, approved

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! *happy dances*

Why do I get the feeling that Smiles has just created the primary romance target for all male characters in the game?

idk she could be bi or lesbi she's stepping into a big unkown. I haven't decided her gender preference yet... but being the girly girl she is I kinda see her leaning towards the likeing guys role.

I finally play a girl that can't really defend herself and i've already got complaints? :-\

Did you just call Smiles' character weak? *LOL*
lol right she could surprise us all.  ;D *huggles* :-* though I don't see her saving the day any time soon. ;D

CrystalDragonSpaceMarine

• Eternal Lover
  • Show me your enemies.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2009, 08:58:26 pm »
Sooooo.... I change Lu-ulianne's profile AGAIN. I figured being asexual in flipside would kind of kill the point a little. xD
So, I changed her oddity to a slight split personality, that enables her to be all of which I saw in her, + maybe a little flirty at times.
I honestly hope SOME of you guys prefer your women a little stronger... D:

I refuse to engage in relations with any girl who cannot defeat me in combat.

By the way, my character's done.

Keaoden Silverstride

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2009, 09:38:41 pm »
Interesting, I like, CDSM you character is approved.

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2009, 09:53:11 pm »
Raxis is feeling very underpowered at the moment... Why do I always create level 1-2 characters when I start these forum games when you can obviously start off with super-awsome *lol* :P

Keaoden Silverstride

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2009, 09:59:09 pm »
O don't worry Charles, we'll make him super-powered soon enough.  8)