Author Topic: Shrink's sofa  (Read 82446 times)

Pozf

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • What is a man?
    • View Profile
Re: Shrink's sofa
« Reply #90 on: May 15, 2009, 12:46:34 am »
Nah, would if I could though, probably help a lot right now.
'Science is on the march. Don't get in its way.'

akashayi

« Reply #91 on: May 15, 2009, 12:46:41 am »
Sounds like fun Odd.

You could try shooting your own team members in Halo, too.
like this!: www.thewebsiteisdown.com/

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • Me the 13th Duke of Wymbourne are they quite mad!
    • MSN Messenger - oddballsco@hotmail.co.uk
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - oddball24sco
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
« Reply #92 on: May 15, 2009, 12:51:00 am »
HMMM jsut reminded me akashayi  can play Company Of Heroes and deliver airstrikes and straffing runs on unsuspecting enemies  ;D ;D ;D  that will help lol
What good is dreaming it if you don't actually do it?.

akashayi

« Reply #93 on: May 15, 2009, 01:02:09 am »
Glad to be of service :)

Foof

« Reply #94 on: May 15, 2009, 07:24:56 am »
Yeah, the one I've seen has adjustable heights. So even us short people can slam on them. XD

Not exactly what you want for strength training though. Get a pullup bar for your doorway? Do pushups? Lift weights?
Hm...yeah, that sounds like a good idea. :D  I forgot how good it feels to work out when you're pissed.

UmberIsSexy

• Erotic
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 15, 2009, 07:41:48 am »
primal scream also very good *nods*.  I'm for whatever works, but I think this physical release is key to a peaceful and masterful existence (ie. those feelings don't hold you back).

I remember sometimes during practice sessions with my old..."practice" I guess, you'd really get in touch with your hatred and anger.  Basically three people would hold you tightly (standing up though) and you...practice which just means that you try to let go of your mind and let your body go do whatever it wants to after a prayer to set intention (though a rotating or spinning motion is almost always part of it), but at times, and we did have one group practice where the teacher specifically led us to realize that we hate everyone, most of us just ended up screaming our frcking heads off at the three people holding us (not that it matters who they are, you can pretend they're your mom or whatever).  It's pretty cool, and then when the three feel that the energy has built up to a bursting point, they let go and everybody spins free.  It actually made me really appreciate those three people afterwards.  I mean, it's a subconscious thing, but if you can touch that undercurrent of hatred, of perhaps resentment at the fucking world, and scream it out, then wow!  Feels pretty good and then you can handle that feeling better too in the future cuz you're just like oh it's that thing.  Yeah I know you.

Pozf

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • What is a man?
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 15, 2009, 07:51:22 am »
I remember sometimes during practice sessions with my old..."practice" I guess, you'd really get in touch with your hatred and anger.  Basically three people would hold you tightly (standing up though) and you...practice which just means that you try to let go of your mind and let your body go do whatever it wants to after a prayer to set intention (though a rotating or spinning motion is almost always part of it), but at times, and we did have one group practice where the teacher specifically led us to realize that we hate everyone, most of us just ended up screaming our frcking heads off at the three people holding us (not that it matters who they are, you can pretend they're your mom or whatever).  It's pretty cool, and then when the three feel that the energy has built up to a bursting point, they let go and everybody spins free.  It actually made me really appreciate those three people afterwards.  I mean, it's a subconscious thing, but if you can touch that undercurrent of hatred, of perhaps resentment at the fucking world, and scream it out, then wow!  Feels pretty good and then you can handle that feeling better too in the future cuz you're just like oh it's that thing.  Yeah I know you.

...That sounds like it would work wonders for me... Now why don't psychologists do that kind of shit?

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • MSN Messenger - charles_wilkinson@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #97 on: May 15, 2009, 02:26:28 pm »
I always liked the idea of laughter thereapy.

but if you need a place to scream, just fill a sink or bath full of water, dunk your face under and let rip with the hollering.
CLAN OF THE CATS IS MAKING A COMEBACK! JUNE 8th.  BE THERE!

Pozf

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • What is a man?
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 15, 2009, 02:30:09 pm »
It's a little weird but I actually feel worse after I finish laughing. During laughing a lot I feel great, but not after.

As to the bath tube thing, I might just go try that.

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #99 on: May 15, 2009, 03:17:57 pm »
Works well doesn't it?  You feel refreshed after slapping your face in the water to, so double bonus.

Pozf

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • What is a man?
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 16, 2009, 02:01:26 am »
So I've been on the verge of a burnout for the last couple weeks apparently (something my research paper made me notice), so obviously I'm stressed. After a little while of thinking finally come up with taking a vacation as my best choice to get away from it all. So I was all psyched up yesterday, thinking where I should go, what to do, how much should I spend. Then today rolled around and my mom asks when I'm gonna start looking for a job.

Right now I'm stuck in a bit of a mind riot, for once in my life be reckless and just go somewhere for a week or two and put off looking for a job. Or do the same damn thing I always do mope around with the exception of this time going to find a job.

I've been weighing the pros and cons of each side annnd I'm pretty much stuck. If anybody could give me a little advice, on what they think?

... And maybe a good place to spend a week or so  :P

Edit: I'm leaning towards just staying home because I probably don't have the funds for hotel fees on top of everything else. Which Sucks >.<
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 12:16:16 pm by Pozf »

Malki

« Reply #101 on: May 16, 2009, 12:28:50 pm »
Then gather some close friends and go hiking. Nature is an awesome way to relax, even if it's not as comfortable as a hotel room.
You can either camp outdoors or find some cheap motel for the nights.

I have until June 4th to get a haircut. And I haven't had a haircut in almost 5 years.
I don't know if it qualifies as a mental problem, but it's still a problem. And I could probably use some mental support.
I kinda feel like I'm going to be a different person. I'll definately look different. But I don't want to feel different.
Also I have all those little habbits that involve my hair (using it as something convenient to keep my hand busy when I'm nervous) and after it's gone I'll go crazy without those habbits..... :(

I think I figured out what's bothering me. You know how when people feel really bad about their life, they get a "make-over", change the way they look, so they can get a fresh start.
I don't want a fresh start. I love my life. I don't want people to change how they think of me.
I think part of it has to do with the fact that my close friends won't be joining me. They are studying another year.
Not that I won't have friends, I do know some pretty great people who are going to be with me, but my close friends aren't. Which sucks cuz that's like starting a new life (the first three months I'm going to be studying from 7am-10pm, so I won't have much free time).

Pozf

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • What is a man?
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 16, 2009, 12:51:58 pm »
As nice as a nature trek would be there are two major flaws:
1. No friends
2. Allergy season is in full swing. I would die out there... not literally of course.

And to your dilemma, I think your problem may be that you're thinking it's a fresh start. Maybe if you started to think more that you're just taking a break from your life, where you'll be able to come back later and pick up where you left off. Even if things have changed in that time.

Razzly

• Erotic
  • Contrast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 16, 2009, 01:08:03 pm »
[Emo] I miiiiiissss hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiim [/emo]

:'(
Winner of Brion Foulke's "cute little panda"-award.
"Mutta rukous on vain mutina tuulessa, ei sitä kukaan kuule..."

CrystalDragonSpaceMarine

• Eternal Lover
  • Show me your enemies.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #104 on: May 16, 2009, 02:33:41 pm »
Is it wrong that whenever I read a post praising the awesomeness of BDSM, I end up reading it as praising the awesomeness of CDSM?

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #105 on: May 16, 2009, 06:49:52 pm »
@CDSM: yes  :P

@pozf: Sounds like you need some quiet time, away from distractions and crap.  I recommend a simple camp trip with some tents to a campsite near the ocean. Take a lantern and some good books you've been meaning to get through and just enjoy. No internet, no schedule, no telephone (presuming you leave the mobile switched off.  Just you, some sun, surf, sand, tents and books to relax the brain and let it take a rest from overdrive.

Pozf

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • What is a man?
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 17, 2009, 02:14:37 pm »
Well that's good news.

Although that day wait must have been killing you >.>;

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #107 on: May 17, 2009, 03:43:59 pm »
@Deatzh: Congratulations *happy dance*

Razzly

• Erotic
  • Contrast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 17, 2009, 04:31:13 pm »
Keaoden: <3 <3 Thank you.

Deathz: Well congrats! ^^ <3
Winner of Brion Foulke's "cute little panda"-award.
"Mutta rukous on vain mutina tuulessa, ei sitä kukaan kuule..."

Pozf

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • What is a man?
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 17, 2009, 10:01:57 pm »
Clicky Keaoden

I was looking through my pysch. textbooks and the wiki page is pretty accurate. And if you really think you have it [obvious] go see a psychologist to make sure[/obvious].

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #110 on: May 17, 2009, 10:47:39 pm »
Sociopath tests:
http://www.blogthings.com/areyouasociopathquiz/
http://www.allthetests.com/quiz18/quizpu.php?testid=1140475124
http://www.sociopathic.net/cgi-bin/sfesurvey.cgi?areyousociopathictakethesociopathstest

My results are:
You Are 8% Sociopath: You're empathetic, loyal, and introspective.
75 % pure!
Your score is 64.  You have some sociopathic traits, but you are not sociopathic.

Actually, This whole site looks pretty good.

Sidralma

• Slave Groupie
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 18, 2009, 02:21:05 am »
One of my old psych professors once said that much of the trouble we have is that we often don't recognize what the feelings are that we crave behind the things we seek. For example, we'll pay $40 for a concert ticket. Later on, when the time for the concert approaches we suddenly realize there's something else we'd really rather do. But the ticket's been paid for so there's this feeling of obligation, like we have to get our money's worth, otherwise we're stupid and we've thrown that money away. What we should realize is that we bought the ticket because of the positive feelings we thought we'd get from attending the show. That's what really matters, not the show. You won't get your money back going to the show, just like you won't get it back if you do something else. So seeing how you're out $40 either way why not do the thing that you think will make you happiest?

I see the vacation problem the same way. It's not the vacation that matters, but rather the positive feelings you think that you'll feel by going on vacation. Think deeply on what it is that you hoped to gain by going on vacation. If you can isolate and articulate your motivation(s) for wanting the vacation you can probably come up with some pretty good alternatives to gain a similar level of satisfaction. You might find upon closer inspection, for instance, that you're really sick of your daily routine. Just shaking that up may go a long ways to boost your mood. Or you may find that the idea appeals to you because you crave a new fun, stimulating challenge. Consider taking up a new hobby, your local library can be an excellent resource on how-to books to get you started. The more you narrower down what it is you really seek the more options open up to you as you realize that odds are that feeling(s) can be achieved in more than one way.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 02:26:22 am by Sidralma »
We're all living in Plato's cave, and we've papered the walls with fictions.

Pozf

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • What is a man?
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 18, 2009, 04:39:34 pm »
I see what you're saying Sidralma but in this case it IS the vacation that matters. What I hoped to gain from the vacation would be time away from all of my family and most of my responsibility. Something that is in fact inescapable while I remain here.

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #113 on: May 18, 2009, 05:28:22 pm »
Yep. I recommend the camping trip if escape is your aim and budget is your problem.

A few books, no internet connection and the mobile phone switched off can do wonders.

If you have a friend or two who won't remind you of your responsibilities and will encourage you to unwind, then I recommend inviting them along.  Otherwise, just enjoy the serenity and atmosphere with books, puzzels and whatever else you can get your hands on to keep your mind occupied while doing so.

CrystalDragonSpaceMarine

• Eternal Lover
  • Show me your enemies.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #114 on: May 18, 2009, 06:32:47 pm »
Isolation never worked for me.

It's always *then* that I remember what I need to be doing but I can't actually do it since I'm so far away.

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #115 on: May 18, 2009, 06:59:32 pm »
Thats why you need books, etc. To help keep your mind occupied.  If you're just sitting there with nothing but your own thoughts, then yeah, you'll be thinking about all that crap.  You need to get away but still keep yourself occupied with something.

If he had the money to spend, I'd recommend something like a week long bush trek or tour.  I always found tours are good at keeping you occupied to the extent that it can feel a bit hectic.  But with a low budget, camping or a stay in a crappy hotel can work.  If a TV and DVD player are available, then movies can also help to keep your thoughts away from home's duties.

Pozf

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • What is a man?
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 18, 2009, 07:05:05 pm »
I do have money to spend. But (rough estimation) a max of like 1000 USD and that would be pushing it, maybe even a little too far.

Lets say a flight cost 300 USD to somewhere cross country. large chunk of budget, then hotels are not cheap nightly. It would be stupid to spend 1000$ to go cross country and stay in a hotel for a week but not be able to do anything because I'm spending all my money on a hotel and food.

I'm probably just gonna stay home, but I've given myself until Sunday to decide, as I wouldn't be going away before that point either way.

Note: I have done no research as to how expensive flying/ hotels are. I'm going on the high side for overestimation purposes.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 07:22:39 pm by Pozf »

Delfina

« Reply #117 on: May 18, 2009, 07:28:47 pm »
So uhh.. Whats this thread about? talk about our mental issues?

Pozf

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • What is a man?
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 18, 2009, 07:31:54 pm »
Yea that would be it's intention. Or if you just need to talk about something and get feedback, this too is the place for that.

And blargh, looked stuff up, it would pretty much come down to asking somebody I know outside of state to let me stay with them which won't happen for two reasons:
1. I know nobody anywhere.
2. Not the kind of person who would invite himself places

And to the advice of taking a camping trip at the beach or something that wouldn't happen because that's really not my idea of a vacation. I can't survive without my technology  :P
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 08:15:53 pm by Pozf »

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #119 on: May 18, 2009, 09:33:59 pm »
Problem is that you're not really getting away while you have your technology.  If you take your laptop or phone somewhere, you'll still be reading e-mails and getting calls from people, etc.  Its the problem with technology is it lets you do a hell of a lot of the things you can do at home and work, anywhere.

*meh* the other option is a train or road trip to a near by beach or country place with a cheap hotel that has internet access.  I'm not sure where you live but surely you don't have to fully fly somewhere to escape the house and nearby family/friends.