Author Topic: Movies this summer  (Read 15132 times)

akashayi

Movies this summer
« on: May 06, 2009, 02:04:35 pm »
So, who saw Wolverine? Looking forward to Star Trek? Terminator? Transformers?

Seems like this summer is going to be made of win as far as movies are concerned.

Pozf

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • What is a man?
    • View Profile
Re: Movies this summer
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 02:08:58 pm »
Saw Wolverine and I thought as an action movie it was good, even if they were trying to over dramatize it. Now as an X-Men movie it's just another one in the line of bastardized X-men movies. Me and my brother were driving 18 wheelers through it the entire ride home. I'd give examples but I'd rather not drop any spoilers here.

Probably not going to see any other movies this summer. Mainly because I don't like movie theaters.
'Science is on the march. Don't get in its way.'

RoninAngel

• Eternal Lover
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2009, 02:14:27 pm »
Nah.
Most of those movies look pretty bad IMO.

Star Trek is the only intresting one, and anything by Michele Bay is either fantastic popcorn or God Awful popcorn depending. So I remain cautiously disintrested.  :-\
I got 99 problems but a nymphomaniac jester girl ain't one.

Malki

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2009, 03:11:24 pm »
I was looking forward to Wolverine until some friends of mine went to watch it the other day and told me it's total fail. So now I'm not sure anymore.

Transformers should be totally awesome though, if it's anything like the first one.

UmberIsSexy

• Erotic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2009, 03:39:49 pm »
Yeah I also heard Wolvie was total fail.  My friend, who is a big Gambit fan (I was never huge on him) said Gambit was at least better than he expected.  He totally predicted that the movie would suck based on the previews.  So I don't need to see it. :D

I hate Michael Bay with a passion.  To roughly quote South Park, "Those aren't ideas, they're just special effects!"  Well that and his sense of humor is just completely at a grade school level.  (my sense of humor, on the other hand is very sophisticated and refined ::))

Star Trek I think we will have a trip to see, me and some guys from work.

The Onion has a great news story about it right now.

akashayi

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2009, 04:12:00 pm »
Wolverine certainly did not meet my expectations, but it was better than the reviews let on (I think it got ~35% on rotten tomatoes). It was at least fun to watch, but not up to snuff.

I am looking forward to Star Trek. It will probably be tasty eye candy and you can't be chibi-spock the space elf. Not expecting it to be too much more than that, but I saw screenshots where Kirk and Sulu were seriously beat up. A good sign, I think.

Terminator will probably be awesome. I watched the Sarah Connor chronicles pretty religiously on hulu, even if Summer Glau kicking ass as a robot was the only good thing about it. Oh, and christian bale as John Connor = awesome? The trailers nearly made me wet myself.

Pozf

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • What is a man?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2009, 04:14:22 pm »
See that's exactly why the humans shall prevail, we have fucking Batman leading us!

RoninAngel

• Eternal Lover
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2009, 04:20:15 pm »
Okay. Christian Bale in a Terminator movie is indeed awsome.  :D

:(

But...
 :(

I hate the latest flims in the franchise. Why? BECUASE THEY SHOULDN'T EXSIST. >:(

They closed up all the loose ends at the end of T2. THERE IS NO REASON FOR SEQUALS STORYWISE.  >:(
[rant/]

UmberIsSexy

• Erotic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2009, 05:28:44 pm »
Oh wait yeah I want to see Terminator I forgot...I liked the last one, even though it was basically a throwaway movie, unlike the other 2.  I saw it in the theatre and enjoyed it.

CrystalDragonSpaceMarine

• Eternal Lover
  • Show me your enemies.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2009, 06:02:01 pm »
I saw Wolverine, although I didn't watch the very end.

I'll be going with my dad this weekend, most likely.

I'm looking forward the the Transformers Sequel, Harry Potter, but not much else. I don't know what else I'll go see, but I might catch a few.

Pozf

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • What is a man?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2009, 01:22:45 am »
Slightly off topic as it isn't this summer, BUT I'm sitting here watching Extra TV (shut up nothing else is on at 4:00 AM) and Hugh Jackman comes on and is answering questions and what not. And one question asks if they're gonna have a sequel. He says yes and it's gonna be based on guess what...

Guess yet? Wolverine's time in Japan. I'm both excited already ( >.>; ) and going to be disappointed.

akashayi

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2009, 01:27:07 am »
I thought from the wolverine origins movie that they were cutting out that part entirely from the movie story lines.

The comics where he's in Japan were some of my favorite when I was younger. >.>

That's both awesome and scary. I guess we'll find out, wont we.

RoninAngel

• Eternal Lover
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2009, 10:02:33 am »
That's where he fights the silver samurai and meets lady deathstrike (before she was evil) right?  ???

akashayi

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2009, 01:16:23 am »
So, this is somewhat brief and delayed.

But even as something of an oldschool trekkie, Star Trek was fucking awesome! Miscreant chibi spock is made of win! Squee! and such.

That is all. Perhaps an appropriately written out review will happen later, perhaps. Have you guys seen it?

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • Me the 13th Duke of Wymbourne are they quite mad!
    • MSN Messenger - oddballsco@hotmail.co.uk
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - oddball24sco
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2009, 09:59:20 am »
How is Simon Pegg's Scottish Accent since he plays "Scotty"?
What good is dreaming it if you don't actually do it?.

No.Na.

• Red Light Worker
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Illusionslostone
    • View Profile
    • Deviant art
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2009, 07:39:59 pm »
I haven't seen wolverine yet my brother said he liked it, and i probably will end up seeing int some time when it come out on video, since i am not a big fan of wolverine myself. the only other movie this summer i know i want to see is up. I have never been a fan of terminator or transformers, so Im not too interested
In the three fates we trust

Delfina

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2009, 04:47:12 am »
OMFG Star Trek was AWESOME. It got me excited, sad, and amused all in once ^_^ my husband didn't like it for some reason..yet he loved the wolverine movie.. -_- he say sit redeems "The last stand".. and IMHO i don't think ANYTHING could redeem that peice of trash of a movie. Makes me loose quite a bit of respect for Hugh Jackman for continuing after such a movie..

I really really wanna see the next harry potter, i need to read the book before i go. I've read them all up to 5. And i like to read them right before the movies so i can make a judgement n' stuff.

I have no desire to see Angels and Demons.. Just don't. Looks about as boring as the Devinci code movie. blah blah.. rather just read the books and be done w/ it.

Terminator Salvation looks okay. I'm kind of po'd at christian bale for being such a pompous ass..but i still love him ;-; the movie looks good enough ^_^

Transformers 2 looks stupid.. just like the 1st one. Miss skanky snake-eye girl is still in it.. -_-;

Land of the lost looks hilarious ^_^ i love will farrel.. but unfortunately  it looks like he's just playing his same typical character.. Which i guess is okay. The movie looks amusing none the less.

Year 1 looks...okay. I hate micheal Cera, all he plays is a mumbling wimpy sarcastic kid..that's about it. he bores me as an actor. So i'll wait to see this one in the $1 theater.

There ya go.. o.o
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 04:57:36 am by Delfina »

akashayi

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2009, 02:41:21 pm »
Going to catch the midnight showing of Terminator tonight ^^

My co-conspirators and I reserved some dorky 21+ 'VIP' seats at a fancy ass movie theater. Mostly overjoyed that this might mean separation from the screaming/laughing/noisemongering kidlets. We're getting a nice dinner and everything. God I feel so old. ;P

I was bummed when I heard that clip of Christian Bale laying the verbal smackdown on someone, because I like him as an actor. I heard an explanation of actors from someone who used to act that made me feel a lot better about it though. (Not saying that the possibility of him being an ass  doesn't exist). Actors get paid to channel intense emotions and fill their psyche with them. Look at Heath Ledger,, he basically acted himself to death. Not saying I personally know though, but it was an interesting point that made me think about it.

So yeah. Robot takeover. Pewpewpew.

Pozf

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • What is a man?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2009, 04:14:19 pm »
God I feel so old. ;P

You are old! neener neener

Edit: make sure you come back and give us a review. I'm curious as to how well Batman does.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 04:28:13 pm by Pozf »

Pozf

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • What is a man?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2009, 10:02:46 pm »
Right this isn't coming out this summer (at least I'm pretty damn sure) but:
Sherlock Holmes Trailer

Blah at double post
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 11:35:44 pm by Pozf »

akashayi

« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2009, 03:27:07 am »
I saw a trailer for that tonight in the theater and I really want to see it even though I'm pretty sure the novels weren't quite like that :P

But it's bedtime for me. Yawn!

Foof

« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2009, 04:25:34 pm »
Up was pretty good.  I missed out, though.  I didn't get to watch it in 3D.  But I've heard great things about it.  Go see it in 3D if you do see it, don't fail like I did!

Toga

« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2009, 03:40:05 am »
I'm just gonna hibernate till winter so I can watch Sherlock Holmes. Looks hoora beastin!

CrystalDragonSpaceMarine

• Eternal Lover
  • Show me your enemies.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2009, 03:14:39 pm »
Yeah...looking forward to Sherlock Holmes. Also, 9.

Pozf

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • What is a man?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2009, 07:21:59 pm »
Anybody else see the trailer for the new Alice in Wonderland?

akashayi

« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2009, 07:53:13 pm »
No, but I suspect I'm going to be doing some trailer watching now. :P

Also, looking forward to Sherlock Holmes.

Razzly

• Erotic
  • Contrast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2009, 03:05:04 am »
Anybody else see the trailer for the new Alice in Wonderland?
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!

I'm looking forward to it SOO much! It's my favourite book ever.
Winner of Brion Foulke's "cute little panda"-award.
"Mutta rukous on vain mutina tuulessa, ei sitä kukaan kuule..."

CrystalDragonSpaceMarine

• Eternal Lover
  • Show me your enemies.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2009, 10:33:06 pm »
I saw Orphan tonight. Creepy as fuck.

Kanazaka

• Hot Streaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2009, 10:15:19 am »
I've only seen Up, Public Enemies and Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.  All of them were pretty good, but none of them outstanding.  I'll probably rent Star Trek when it comes out on DVD.

CrystalDragonSpaceMarine

• Eternal Lover
  • Show me your enemies.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2009, 08:10:10 pm »
Saw G.I. Joe today. I must say, it was surprisingly good. WAY better than Transformers.