Author Topic: LOVE  (Read 45044 times)

Chag4

• Kinky
  • PM of awkwardness
    • View Profile
Re: LOVE
« Reply #240 on: July 27, 2010, 03:36:42 pm »
Well, sure lots of benefits and stuff, and your partner inherits if you die. In the end though, marriage is to me a true promise for life (I would indeed divorce if it really didn't work, but I'm going to try not to think of that possibility when and if my day for engagement ever comes). I will get engaged only when I am completely sure I want to live out the rest of my life beside this person. In the end engagement really is just promising and planning to get married, it almost is the marriage itself only we stay in it if we are unable to marry antime soon.
Marriage is holy to me, it's a promise to forever stay with a person, and only death is supposed to be able to change that. And once it was, unless you were Henry the fucking 8th.

I completely agree with Selan, why fuck with marriage when young and busy? It's not like you'll die anytime soon (most likely) so you don't need to be sure of who inherits yet. And marriage is expensive, and surprisingly often a 'bump' in the relationship. A lot of couples have problems due to all the stress of marriage. If you really, really want a kid though, even if you are busy with stuff, I support the idea of marriage. If you can't handle the stress og marriage, you most cirtainly can't handle a baby.

I didn't really want to get married or have kids, or even have a long term relationship before my late 20s, but now I'm scared I might do all that before that time.
And don't say I can just tell him I want to wait if he asks me, I won't want to wait by then.
It frustrates me though... I was going to study, a lot, and get lots of friends, have sex with some of them, have lots of short, few months relationships and enjoy life. I didn't want love, at least not for so long I wanted kids or a life together.
Instead I fell in love. I don't regret it, and I probably never will, but I still mourn the life I believe I won't ever have.
Awkward hugs are my speciality.

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • MSN Messenger - charles_wilkinson@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #241 on: July 27, 2010, 07:44:31 pm »
Marriage is what the individuals make of it. Some make nothing of it and even dispise it. Some regard it as the be all and end all of committment. Others simply regard it as a public announcement/rattification of what they already know/have... and an excuse for a party.

Seriously, even if you plan to never marry, isn't it fun to think up some sort of awesome, unique wedding?  Sure you've got the traditional ones, but there are Vegas weddings by Elvis, nude weddings, costume/theme weddings, getting married while bungee jumping or sky diving and all sorts of weird and wonderful fun things that one can do with a person they have strong feelings for to celebrate love.

On the legal side, in Australia you're considered as good as married if you live together for 6 months anyway so its just a matter of if you want some party to celebrate a vow of committment or simply announce your love for one another.

Anyway: Awesome news Chag4!
CLAN OF THE CATS IS MAKING A COMEBACK! JUNE 8th.  BE THERE!

CrystalDragonSpaceMarine

• Eternal Lover
  • Show me your enemies.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #242 on: July 27, 2010, 11:50:32 pm »
Seriously, even if you plan to never marry, isn't it fun to think up some sort of awesome, unique wedding?  Sure you've got the traditional ones, but there are Vegas weddings by Elvis, nude weddings, costume/theme weddings, getting married while bungee jumping or sky diving and all sorts of weird and wonderful fun things that one can do with a person they have strong feelings for to celebrate love.

I will die before I have a traditional wedding. My favored idea is to have a pirate wedding, and instead of a boring ceremony with everybody slowly walking along, and staring at candles while someone sings an overly sappy song, and stuff, we'd have a short 20-30 minute play, which would end with me and my intended getting married within the play (but it'd be like the actual wedding!) and somewhere in there would be a swordfight.

Because honestly, if I can't look at my wedding photos and say "This was the most awesome day of my life" then I will have failed completely.

Now to find a girl who would go along with it.

I don´t believe in marriage btw, i´ve never whitnessed the special thing that is marriage.
Marriage used to be important because that's when you where allowed to move out your parents house, live together and have sex. Now we can do that without marriage so why do it?

I have nothing against marriage, and would like to get married someday, but only as a formality and opportunity to have an awesome pirate wedding, as mentioned above.

Though to me, personally, the idea of vows makes me bristle. Promises are pretty cheap. I don't make promises. I make choices.

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #243 on: July 28, 2010, 12:07:48 am »
Arrrrr!

Chag4

• Kinky
  • PM of awkwardness
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: July 28, 2010, 04:17:36 pm »
A special and awesome wedding would indeed be... awesome. I prefer not to make a big deal out of it though. The bigger the deal, the more sad if something goes terribly wrong.
I liked my sisters wedding. Pretty normal. They had a simple arch decorated with flowers right by the water, and came in a boat. My brother-in-law fired one of his hunting gun thingies (I know nothing of guns, and happy about it) for show. He had an awesome top hat that was unfortuneatly many sizes too big for my head. He also wore a vest. I simply adore vests. And not black, but cream. It suited his colouring incredibly well.

And charles, I'm sorry, it's just somehow annoying the heck out of me; you know that Maytag's left shoulder should be covered in white cloth? Are you going to do anything about it anyways?
Awkward hugs are my speciality.

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #245 on: July 28, 2010, 05:58:22 pm »
And charles, I'm sorry, it's just somehow annoying the heck out of me; you know that Maytag's left shoulder should be covered in white cloth? Are you going to do anything about it anyways?

I didn't do the colouring of my sig pic.  I think the guy who did came out with a later version which did colour her shoulder, but it didn't have Horse  ;D

Emp_Dragon

• Harem Master
  • Submit to the power of Sam
    • MSN Messenger - erik.arteus@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: July 29, 2010, 08:26:53 am »
And my woman just asked me to marry her and I said yes! :-*

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • Me the 13th Duke of Wymbourne are they quite mad!
    • MSN Messenger - oddballsco@hotmail.co.uk
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - oddball24sco
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
« Reply #247 on: July 29, 2010, 09:37:52 am »
WAY GO EMP!!!!!!!!!!!  ;D ;D ;D (expecting a invite in the email lol)
What good is dreaming it if you don't actually do it?.

akashayi

« Reply #248 on: July 29, 2010, 12:45:20 pm »

:o

Congrats!!!  ;D ;D

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #249 on: July 29, 2010, 02:48:13 pm »
And here's me going to a bucks party tonight.

GRATS MATE!

And yet part of me wishes to give a minute's silence for another fallen bachelor  :P

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • Me the 13th Duke of Wymbourne are they quite mad!
    • MSN Messenger - oddballsco@hotmail.co.uk
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - oddball24sco
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
« Reply #250 on: July 29, 2010, 03:35:18 pm »
Aye let us all face west in silence and raise a dram to another that has "fallen"  :P
What good is dreaming it if you don't actually do it?.

Emp_Dragon

• Harem Master
  • Submit to the power of Sam
    • MSN Messenger - erik.arteus@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: July 30, 2010, 04:37:14 pm »
Well, I appreciate your congratulations and if you want to come to the wedding it will be a couple of years off so there is time to save up for the trip ;D

Jety Lefr

• Forbidden Fruit
  • Close the world, Open the next. -Lain
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant Art
    • Email
« Reply #252 on: March 21, 2011, 10:00:31 pm »
Love... it's that thing that brings you closer to someone else by making you either want to be with them, or sleep with them. (depends on the person) I like to think of it as "whatever you'll go through to protect someone or make them happy." A lot of people are apposed to kinds of love. We all know Maytag isn't apposed to these, but so many people are hateful for them. Ages, families, gender, race, and other things are all in conflict to someone when crossed.
I'm not spamming, but I think this
http://lawls.co/forum/debates/now-to-piss-off-anyone-who-thinks-me-a-serious-individual/
is a very intriguing stance on the whole homosexuality issue. Most people are either for or against it. There's rarely any middle ground no matter what you say. This guy might just have found it. It's all based on how we define things right? that's what almost every debate really comes down to. All we need is more definitions, or to redefine things.
"Strive to be better than you've ever been before. Only you can know how much you have, and only you can give yourself more."