Author Topic: Chapter 21: Discussion  (Read 165451 times)

Tropico

Re: Chapter 21: Discussion
« Reply #660 on: June 24, 2009, 02:13:49 pm »
Aw, party's over guys :(

Why's Glyph smiling like that?

Come to think of it... Glyph got nude BEFORE got into the water and got 'enchanted'... so whether it's really him or not, I think it's safe to say he knew what would happen when he did.. hmm..

And I think those eyes look a LOT more like the sisters' eyes than they do Glyphs eyes. *shrug*

Bern would wait for Kin to attack her, and since Kin was very well fencer he would see that bern is too well prepered for the atack and was too smart to atack her. So noone of them would dare to atack the other. Result? Draw Cheesy Am I right Brion? Smiley

Huh, I don't know, for some reason I get the impression that Kin would do something like scream "OMG You can't beat me I REFUSE TO BE BEATEN!!!" then charge straight at Bern and promptly get his ass handed to him... I don't know why, it's just this feeling I get.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 02:21:14 pm by Tropico »

Emp_Dragon

• Harem Master
  • Submit to the power of Sam
    • MSN Messenger - erik.arteus@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: June 24, 2009, 02:20:58 pm »
glyph is like one of those lame guys who need to get girls drunk to have sex lol

^also known as rape...

CrystalDragonSpaceMarine

• Eternal Lover
  • Show me your enemies.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #662 on: June 24, 2009, 02:55:10 pm »
glyph is like one of those lame guys who need to get girls drunk to have sex lol

^also known as rape...

It's only rape if she's passed out.  :P

Pozf

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • What is a man?
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: June 24, 2009, 02:56:48 pm »
"Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely."

Thought it was:"Aboslute power corrupts absolutely" ?   or have I been missing out part of the quote for so long?  ??? ???

I've always heard it with the first part in it.

*resisting urge to tear into on C.D.S.M. because he was joking*
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 03:00:23 pm by Pozf »
'Science is on the march. Don't get in its way.'

CrystalDragonSpaceMarine

• Eternal Lover
  • Show me your enemies.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #664 on: June 24, 2009, 03:18:59 pm »
*resisting urge to tear into on C.D.S.M. because he was joking*

You have the urge to tear into me because I was joking?

Well then, perhaps I shall be serious!

SAGG

• Red Light Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: June 24, 2009, 03:24:34 pm »
Well, as was speculated, magic was indeed involved. Now, from the way Maytag looks, it's not over yet for them both, and they're in the nude...  :P

RoninAngel

• Eternal Lover
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #666 on: June 24, 2009, 04:14:33 pm »
WTFzors. this shit is getting out of control. I'm glad that Maytag saved Bernedette, but WTF IS GOING ON HERE, MAN!  ??? :o ??? :o
I got 99 problems but a nymphomaniac jester girl ain't one.

Andrea

• Rose Petal Acolyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: June 24, 2009, 04:35:06 pm »
He's definitely a shapeshifter twin.

Trennicus

• Fresh Meat
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #668 on: June 24, 2009, 08:15:39 pm »
Glyph's wacky eyes.
Mind = Blown. That is fantastic.

May's going to run into the other twin, I bet.

dataslave

« Reply #669 on: June 24, 2009, 10:07:34 pm »
May's going to run into the other twin, I bet.

Maybe they run into the real Glyph?

I really didn't think that was really Glyph to begin with - I thought it was Moss somehow, but the twins' eyes?  good catch.  Still don't know how Moss is involved, but he has to be somewhere...

Very impressed by the update promptness this week

Kiran

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: June 25, 2009, 12:02:24 am »
Heh,they bump into real Glyph who is going back from kitchen eating a sandwich to his room :D
And then big WTF on both parties ^^

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • MSN Messenger - charles_wilkinson@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #671 on: June 25, 2009, 12:55:03 am »
HAHA! I like that. and he's just innocently eating a sandwich, minding his own business as he walks to his room when these two naked girls smash right into him and end the chapter with Glyph caught in a pile of naked Maytag and Bern... EPIC! *lol*
CLAN OF THE CATS IS MAKING A COMEBACK! JUNE 8th.  BE THERE!

akashayi

« Reply #672 on: June 25, 2009, 12:59:16 am »
10$ says that glyph is tied up in a closet somewhere

....getting played with by danzig

RoninAngel

• Eternal Lover
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #673 on: June 25, 2009, 01:05:28 am »
I want shapshifting twins!  :(

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • Me the 13th Duke of Wymbourne are they quite mad!
    • MSN Messenger - oddballsco@hotmail.co.uk
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - oddball24sco
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
« Reply #674 on: June 25, 2009, 08:50:32 am »
ok by the looks of it it's one of the shape shifting twins and they bump into Glyph on the way out  carrying a plate of Sarnies but the big question is.......................whats the filling? one thing I can tell you it wont be Cheese and Jam lol
What good is dreaming it if you don't actually do it?.

Eri

« Reply #675 on: June 25, 2009, 12:54:26 pm »

^also known as rape...

It's only rape if she's passed out.  :P

I hope you realise that it is rape whenever the woman's ability to effectively say no is taken away. The means by which that is achieved do not matter (but may count as extenuating circumstances as the man (or woman) is not responsible for the impaired state).

Eri
(* of course this is also limited by the way the jurisdiction in which the alleged rape took place consider that the woman had a right to say no. e.g. in many parts of the world it is still a given that a married woman has no right to refuse her husband).

CrystalDragonSpaceMarine

• Eternal Lover
  • Show me your enemies.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #676 on: June 25, 2009, 02:33:42 pm »

I hope you realise that it is rape whenever the woman's ability to effectively say no is taken away. The means by which that is achieved do not matter (but may count as extenuating circumstances as the man (or woman) is not responsible for the impaired state).

Eri
(* of course this is also limited by the way the jurisdiction in which the alleged rape took place consider that the woman had a right to say no. e.g. in many parts of the world it is still a given that a married woman has no right to refuse her husband).

You cannot tell me that simply because a woman is inebriated it's automatically rape if she has sex.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 02:38:14 pm by CrystalDragonSpaceMarine »

Tropico

« Reply #677 on: June 25, 2009, 04:08:50 pm »
You cannot tell me that simply because a woman is inebriated it's automatically rape if she has sex.

Some countries have tried to make it so:

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-23379673-details/It%27s+rape+if+the+woman+is+drunk,+according+to+new+law/article.do

Men who have sex with drunken women will be at risk of being convicted of rape under new laws to be considered by ministers.

I have no idea if that law was finally passed or not (and no idea how to check either) but I remember it caused a bit of a stir back when the news came out.

I don't think the law contemplated being dunked in a magical sex-enchanted pool either... the fools!!
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 04:12:47 pm by Tropico »

CrystalDragonSpaceMarine

• Eternal Lover
  • Show me your enemies.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #678 on: June 25, 2009, 04:38:44 pm »

Some countries have tried to make it so:

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-23379673-details/It%27s+rape+if+the+woman+is+drunk,+according+to+new+law/article.do

Men who have sex with drunken women will be at risk of being convicted of rape under new laws to be considered by ministers.

I have no idea if that law was finally passed or not (and no idea how to check either) but I remember it caused a bit of a stir back when the news came out.

I don't think the law contemplated being dunked in a magical sex-enchanted pool either... the fools!!

That would be completely ridiculous. I mean, if she's drunk and passed out, yeah, not cool, if you spiked her drink with a conspiracy to get her drunk and willing, yeah, not cool, but if she's willingly downing beers and then you have sex with her and she wants it...then I really don't see how that would be a problem.

Razzly

• Erotic
  • Contrast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: June 25, 2009, 05:14:56 pm »
Maybe they're just trying to save people from incredibly bad and embarassing sex, which is often the result when alcohol is involved? Y'know, kinda like drunk'n'driving.
Winner of Brion Foulke's "cute little panda"-award.
"Mutta rukous on vain mutina tuulessa, ei sitä kukaan kuule..."

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #680 on: June 25, 2009, 06:18:06 pm »
EXCELLENT COLOURING WORK SAVAGE SPARROW!

Just in time for the end of the chapter too.

CrystalDragonSpaceMarine

• Eternal Lover
  • Show me your enemies.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #681 on: June 25, 2009, 06:29:50 pm »
Maybe they're just trying to save people from incredibly bad and embarassing sex, which is often the result when alcohol is involved? Y'know, kinda like drunk'n'driving.

Hey, they knew the risks when the consumed alcohol.

Sidralma

• Slave Groupie
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: June 25, 2009, 08:45:45 pm »

I agree that some behavior puts you more at risk than others. And it is certainly the case that if you're passed out or just generally incapacitated because you've drunk an ompaloompa's weight in alcohol you might leave yourself open to some bad situations. But I would want the man who shot you in a dark alley to be prosecuted just the same as the one who slipped into your bedroom at night and shot you in your sleep. The act of rape itself is still reprehensible & rapists should be held accountable. Moreover, the statistics show that it's most often not the creepy villainous looking stranger who's most likely to commit that damnable act but the men the victim knows. This advantage gives them openings that wouldn't be allowed to strangers in a heartbeat - and to me at least it's all the more heart wrentching when the person you thought loved & respected you shatters your trust in not just them but the world in general by deciding that if you can't say no (or at least say it without slurring) then it's okay to fuck you. After all, you're buddies/dating/neighbors. That gives them the right to do whatever the fuck they want with your body while you're at your most vulnerable.  :(

Oh yeah, I should probably comment on the comic. This being the comic thread and all. Great work Brion! I'm shocked, confused, and totally hungry for more. Please keep it coming. I can't wait to see what's behind that curtain that has May looking so surprised.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 08:59:42 pm by Sidralma »
We're all living in Plato's cave, and we've papered the walls with fictions.

CrystalDragonSpaceMarine

• Eternal Lover
  • Show me your enemies.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #683 on: June 25, 2009, 08:55:11 pm »
I agree that some behavior puts you more at risk than others. And it is certainly the case that if you're passed out or just generally incapacitated because you've drunk an ompaloompa's weight in alcohol you might leave yourself open to some bad situations. But I would want the man who shot you in a dark alley to be prosecuted just the same as the one who slipped into your bedroom at night and shot you in your sleep. The act of rape itself is still reprehensible & rapists should be held accountable. Moreover, the statistics show that it's most often not the creepy villainous looking stranger who's most likely to commit that damnable act but the men the victim knows. This advantage gives them openings that wouldn't be allowed to strangers in a heartbeat - and to me at least it's all the more heart wrentching when the person you thought loved & respected you shatters your trust in not just them but the world in general by deciding that if you can't say no (or at least say it without slurring) then it's okay to fuck you. After all, you're buddies/dating/neighbors. That gives them the right to do whatever the fuck they want with your body while you're at your most vulnerable.  :(

Yeah, but there's a difference between minding your own business and getting accosted, and deliberately and willingly giving up your sense of judgment and then making a bad decision that you regret when sober.

Besides, what if the man is drunk? Does that mean you raped him if you have sex? If you're both drunk, did you rape each other?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 09:50:38 pm by CrystalDragonSpaceMarine »

Sidralma

• Slave Groupie
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: June 25, 2009, 09:23:49 pm »
Yeah, but there's a difference between minding your own business and getting accosted, and deliberately and willingly giving up your sense of judgment and then making a bad decision that you regret when sober.

Besides, what if the man is drunk? Does that mean you raped him if you have sex? If you're both drunk, did you rape each other?

But the thing about rape is that it's NOT your decision. Having too many beers? Totally your decision. Having the cute frat guy you were flirting with sneak you into his room & then rape you & possibly invite his buddies to join in - not something your drinking absolves him (and/or them) of. Even if he threw back a few his impaired judgment does not excuse him from committing a crime. As for a gender reversal yes, I would not bat an eye at a woman being charged of rape although the logistics of it would be far against her (one of the ironies of consuming large quantities of alcohol is that it makes it very difficult for even a guy who 'wants to' perform be able to) compared to the traditional scenario. As for two drunk people having sex with each other, well, if neither one of them wanted to have sex with the other person & both were so wasted that they were unconscious and/or physically unable to escape the scenario due to the motor f!#$king up effects of excessive alcohol, well, I just don't see how sex could possibly have happened between them in the first place, lol. I don't mean to say that drunken one night stands are non-consensual sex. A woman going to a bar to seek a sexual encounter, using alcohol to help her ease into the situation & then feeling awkward about it in the morning is not rape. I'm sure proponents of stricter rape laws don't mean for what was previously called "embarrassing sex" to be considered rape. But if the only reason you got to have sex with that girl was because you bought her drink after drink until she couldn't even walk out of the bar w/out help & then you decided to have sex with her while she was passed out then I'm sorry but I think that's not only a terrible breach of trust but a crime. Having sex with unconscious person is just not cool. I would no more condone it for the coma victim than the petite blond who doesn't know it's one tequila, two tequila, three tequila shots & then floor.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 09:25:29 pm by Sidralma »
We're all living in Plato's cave, and we've papered the walls with fictions.

RoninAngel

• Eternal Lover
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #685 on: June 25, 2009, 09:36:18 pm »

Alcahol is the number 1 reason why our species propagates so fast. If it wearnt for drinking many people would never get laid. This is a bad idea.

CrystalDragonSpaceMarine

• Eternal Lover
  • Show me your enemies.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #686 on: June 25, 2009, 09:59:00 pm »
But the thing about rape is that it's NOT your decision.

And yet, if you are drunk, it still is your choice. Maybe a different choice than if you were sober, but that was your fault.

Having too many beers? Totally your decision. Having the cute frat guy you were flirting with sneak you into his room & then rape you & possibly invite his buddies to join in - not something your drinking absolves him (and/or them) of.

OR, getting drunk and saying to said frat boy, "Hey, let's go fuck". And he's like, "Okay." Is that rape then?

Even if he threw back a few his impaired judgment does not excuse him from committing a crime.

No, but if a drunk girl says “Come get some” you can’t really fault him for going for it.

As for two drunk people having sex with each other, well, if neither one of them wanted to have sex with the other person & both were so wasted that they were unconscious and/or physically unable to escape the scenario due to the motor f!#$king up effects of excessive alcohol, well, I just don't see how sex could possibly have happened between them in the first place, lol. I don't mean to say that drunken one night stands are non-consensual sex. A woman going to a bar to seek a sexual encounter, using alcohol to help her ease into the situation & then feeling awkward about it in the morning is not rape.

Yeah, that’s exactly what I’m talking about here. Not about some guy sneaking into your dorm and raping you while you are passed out. Which is exactly what I said in the first place.

I'm sure proponents of stricter rape laws don't mean for what was previously called "embarrassing sex" to be considered rape. But if the only reason you got to have sex with that girl was because you bought her drink after drink until she couldn't even walk out of the bar w/out help & then you decided to have sex with her while she was passed out then I'm sorry but I think that's not only a terrible breach of trust but a crime. Having sex with unconscious person is just not cool. I would no more condone it for the coma victim than the petite blond who doesn't know it's one tequila, two tequila, three tequila shots & then floor.

But if she’s not passed out and she invites you to it, I still say its fine. Unless you want to assign some ultra-responsibility to guys to estimate whether or not a girl would really say the same thing if she was sober.

Brion Foulke

• Administrator
  • Experimental
    • AOL Instant Messenger - flipsider99
    • View Profile
    • www.flipsidecomics.com
    • Email
« Reply #687 on: June 26, 2009, 12:12:43 am »
The discussion about rape / alcohol should be moved to another thread.  Thank you.

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • Me the 13th Duke of Wymbourne are they quite mad!
    • MSN Messenger - oddballsco@hotmail.co.uk
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - oddball24sco
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
« Reply #688 on: June 26, 2009, 12:18:20 am »
agree wi Brion on this enough of this sort of thing please in this thread.
What good is dreaming it if you don't actually do it?.

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #689 on: June 26, 2009, 12:37:39 am »
MOVED Drunken Rape/Consensual Sex discussion HERE

The funny thing is, I was writing up that post in response to CDSM's before Brion had responded.  Gotta love good timing, but I think it was at around this point the conversation has really seperated it's self from the current events and became it's own topic for further discussion elsewhere.

Soooo.... Who loves Flipside? *lol*
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 12:41:46 am by charles »