Author Topic: "Think about what kind of person Moss is... I'm sure you can figure it out."  (Read 12149 times)

Furcas

• Slave Groupie
    • View Profile
From Maytag's second interview:

Rip: Why is it that you were willing to sleep with Crest, but not with Moss? The two of them have some similar personality traits... both are bad at interacting with others (though each with different problems), both are rather arrogant, and both of them can be rather nasty with their insults. So why, if you were open to the idea of sleeping with Crest, did you turn down Moss? Is it just a matter of Moss not being hot enough? :P

Maytag: No, not at all. I think Moss is attractive in his own way. There's no reason I wouldn't be willing to sleep with him, except... well, let's just say it's a practical reason. Think about what kind of person Moss is... I'm sure you can figure it out.

Well, I can't figure it out. What did Maytag mean by that?

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • MSN Messenger - charles_wilkinson@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
I've noticed that one as well.  Best I can think is he's a Sadist.  Read his interview section and you might see more.
CLAN OF THE CATS IS MAKING A COMEBACK! JUNE 8th.  BE THERE!

akashayi

The sadist bit would be less of a problem for May.

I would guess that it's because he might get creepy and obsessive and...frankly, dangerous.

Maytag is into kinky stuff. I bet she would love a sadist ./cough
>.>

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
I thought the same, which is why I found is strange that she'd possibly give that as an excuse.

I would have said obsessive but considering she would have been one of his only friends (and probably the first in a long time), he didn't pass up the opportunity to bid her goodbye and seek out his uncle.

Maybe she wasn't in the mood... If thats possible  ;D

Brion Foulke

• Administrator
  • Experimental
    • AOL Instant Messenger - flipsider99
    • View Profile
    • www.flipsidecomics.com
    • Email
Nope, it's none of those reasons.

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • Me the 13th Duke of Wymbourne are they quite mad!
    • MSN Messenger - oddballsco@hotmail.co.uk
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - oddball24sco
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
Its because he used the famous chat up line: "want to came back to my place and i'll show you my model plane collection?"  she went back and he did show her is collection and was disapointed that no action happend.
What good is dreaming it if you don't actually do it?.

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
You bastard! You enjoy torturing us like this *lol*

*meh* best I got is the curse... Unless he's a closet homosexual as a few tried to pin him as in his interview.

NightWraith

• Forbidden Fruit
    • View Profile
Well she said it was a practical reason.. implying something is physically stopping her... so that would mean..

Moss is a eunuch...  :o

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
Heh, thats why I thought it might be the curse.  Maybe it's something like an STD that can be spread with intimacy.

But she did say to think about the kind of person he is.  Thats why I figured it was his Sadist attitude, even if Maytag does come across as someone interested in that sort of thing.

NightWraith

• Forbidden Fruit
    • View Profile
Well it could simply mean the way he views things, everything is a turn off...

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
so being a pesimist is a turn off?

NightWraith

• Forbidden Fruit
    • View Profile
I meant views in the literal sense... as in what he sees with his "cursed" eyes.

Oddball

• Nymphomaniac!!
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
    • Email
I clicked post with out finsihing off that thought now I've forgotten what I was going to say there

Brion Foulke

• Administrator
  • Experimental
    • View Profile
    • www.flipsidecomics.com
    • Email
I thought it would've been pretty obvious, but you guys aren't even close.

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
Once again, a comment that tells us we're wrong but nothing else.  You are a cruel bugger  :P

Ahhh but I love the hunt for the truth more than the truth it's self.

Maytag's reason is a practical one and the hint she gives us is to think about the kind of person Moss is.

...Nup, I'm stumped.  Moss is a level 2 sorcerer, sadist, cursed to see weakness, weak himself.  Maybe it's something to do with Maytag. Something he'd do to her or her friends if they ever had sex.  Brag about it?  Heck it could be the simple fact that she didn't want to prove him right.  :-\

Furcas

• Slave Groupie
    • View Profile
Maybe it's something to do with Maytag. Something he'd do to her or her friends if they ever had sex.  Brag about it?

This might be it. Moss might have told Bernadette.

Or maybe it's because he has a small penis.

Darque

• Tender Young Virgin
    • View Profile
    • Email
Maybe its because if she did sleep with him, he'd lose his respect for her?

The early bird is flying solo and will probably be killed by the earlier cat.

Confidence is that warm, fuzzy feeling you get before you comprehend the situation.

Brion Foulke

• Administrator
  • Experimental
    • View Profile
    • www.flipsidecomics.com
    • Email

We have a winner! :)

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
Huh? I never would have guessed that.  We didn't even know she was in a relationship with Bern at that point *shrug*

The type of person he is?  Well I guess he enjoys causing missery so he'd tell just to watch the breakdown.

Good work Furcas.

Pozf

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • What is a man?
    • View Profile
Huh? I never would have guessed that.  We didn't even know she was in a relationship with Bern at that point *shrug*

It was never outright said but Brion dropped a lot of hints. Such as Bern going into the magical portal (even though she doesn't trust sorcery at all) And when she jumps into the maw (I think it was the name of that slime thing) even though if were a regular maw she would have already been dead.
'Science is on the march. Don't get in its way.'

Brion Foulke

• Administrator
  • Experimental
    • View Profile
    • www.flipsidecomics.com
    • Email

That's true, but you found out pretty soon after this was asked.  Anyway, if I had said "you can't answer this question without knowing that May and Bern are in a relationship," then the answer becomes pretty obvious.

Yes, the reason is a practical, and it has to do with Moss's personality.  Whenever May slept with anyone (while she was still cheating on Bern) she asked them to keep it a secret.  Due to Moss's personality, it's obvious he can't be trusted to keep a secret, therefore May can't sleep with him.  So it has nothing to do with May not finding him attractive.

Furcas

• Slave Groupie
    • View Profile

We have a winner! :)

WOOHOOOOOOO!!

Quote from: Brion Foulke
Yes, the reason is a practical, and it has to do with Moss's personality.  Whenever May slept with anyone (while she was still cheating on Bern) she asked them to keep it a secret.  Due to Moss's personality, it's obvious he can't be trusted to keep a secret, therefore May can't sleep with him.

Really? To be honest, the reason I waited a little while to post my own idea is that I thought Moss wouldn't do anything to hurt Maytag. Yeah, he's a cruel bastard, but she is his only friend, and towards the end of chapter 23 he seems to really like her.

Is the bolded part above a description of Moss's personality, or a description of Maytag's beliefs about Moss's personality?

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
Yeah, I wasn't around before their relationship was revealed... I think Smiles might be the only one still visiting on a regular basis who was.  But yeah, I just discounted it because I figured it couldn't have been an answer people would have guessed at the time.

Makes sense now. I just over thought the problem and saw unnecessary complexity as usual.  :-[

Of course people did know that Maytag wanted those relationships kept a secret so it should have made sense then.

@Furcas: Hard to tell, he was still insulting Maytag a bit but it's likely that despite her, his personality is still strongly geared towards cruelty, but granted he might have thought twice about doing something like that to Maytag now that their friends.  I often wonder how friendly they'll be when/if they meet up again in the comic.

Brion Foulke

• Administrator
  • Experimental
    • View Profile
    • www.flipsidecomics.com
    • Email
Is the bolded part above a description of Moss's personality, or a description of Maytag's beliefs about Moss's personality?

Both.  If you had a secret that you couldn't afford to have spread around, would you share it with someone like Moss?

akashayi

Of course not. ...Interesting.

Furcas, the winner, it's you :)