Author Topic: Dark Souls PC  (Read 4626 times)

Brion Foulke

• Administrator
  • Experimental
    • AOL Instant Messenger - flipsider99
    • View Profile
    • www.flipsidecomics.com
    • Email
Dark Souls PC
« on: August 25, 2012, 02:18:31 pm »
Anyone else get Dark Souls PC?  I've already played it on PS3, but it feels awesome playing it on a computer for some reason!  If anyone else has it, we should see if we can get co-op to work!

akashayi

Re: Dark Souls PC
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2012, 10:12:14 pm »
<.< Picking it up

not sure how often I'll be around for co op but....

Churba

• Passion Player
  • The Fresh Prince of Leeds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2012, 10:16:47 pm »
Be warned, you'll want to be hooking a controller up - apparently the keyboard and mouse controls are just fucking awful.

Pwncho

• Harem Master
  • The bedsheet ghost
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2012, 05:07:16 am »
And there's a fix for the locked low resolution, other than that the game is fantastic.
Mercury or bust

Brion Foulke

• Administrator
  • Experimental
    • AOL Instant Messenger - flipsider99
    • View Profile
    • www.flipsidecomics.com
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2012, 08:43:49 pm »
Yeah, I'd highly recommend getting a controller for this game if you don't have one.  If you have a 360 controller that'll be easiest; I use a PS3 controller with MotioninJoy.

I wouldn't recommend trying to play with keyboard and mouse... you can't rebind the mouse keys, or get rid of the mouse cursor ingame (but DSfix fixes that) and moving the mouse changes your lock-on target so it's pretty useless in combat.  If you're gonna try using a keyboard, I'd recommend using keyboard only, the mouse is mostly useless since you can lock-on anyway.  But you're better off using a controller, the game is designed from the ground up to be intuitive with a controller and it feels much more natural that way.

My Steam name is Brion Foulke, if anyone wants to try playing co-op in Dark Souls just let me know, I have a lv25 character and a lv10 character I just started.