Author Topic: Anime!  (Read 21093 times)

Smiles

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • Easter is gonna be great!Heard he will Rise Again!
    • View Profile
    • AnimeCentral
    • Email
Anime!
« on: April 06, 2009, 10:33:20 am »
it said we could discuss anime! so let's! I <3 the stuff. :-*

what's your fave anime?
how many series have you seen?
how many anime movies?
What series would you never watch again?
what is your favorite anime Genre?
Do you prefer Manga to Anime?
how much Anime/Manga do you own?

do you watch Hentai?

Do you like Yaoi?
or Yuri?

let's discuss anime!^_^ :-*
Just loving it! :-*
let's sit and chat a while and see if I don't make you smile .;)

akashayi

Re: Anime!
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009, 01:37:03 pm »
Yes.

I've been watching anime for almost 20 years now o_O;

Currently watching Ga Rei Zero and finishing up Darker than Black. Don't get time to watch anime like I used to.

RoninAngel

• Eternal Lover
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2009, 03:30:08 pm »

what's your fave anime? Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, and Second Gig. With Azumanga Diao as a close second. :D
how many series have you seen? About 20.
how many anime movies? Probably close to 7. I really like Miasaki pictures and gave my niece a copy of .
What series would you never watch again? Now and Then, Here and There. It was boooooooring.  :(
what is your favorite anime Genre? I like Shojo. I guess I'm just a sissy at heart.  :-[
Do you prefer Manga to Anime? It is cheaper... :-\
how much Anime/Manga do you own? A CD folder with probably 15 shows in it. I have the ones I mentioned and Fruits Basket and Chobits and a few others. But I haven't been rich enough to collect anime for a few years now. I mostly just read manga when I can. I like Kurohime right now.

do you watch Hentai?
I don't like it on Video becuase sometimes it's a little yucky and stuff. I perfer hentai manga like on the Slipshine website (although I'm not a member) becuase in my experiance it seems more wholesome, less tentacles and rape and stuff  :(. I have a copy of Bondage Fearies -Fearie Fetish trade paperback that is *well used* if you catch my meaning.  ;)
Do you like Yaoi? Sometimes.  :-[
or Yuri? Yes. Very much so.  :-*

I like anime. It's an expensive hobby, but so much better then american animation right now.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 03:32:30 pm by RoninAngel »
I got 99 problems but a nymphomaniac jester girl ain't one.

CrystalDragonSpaceMarine

• Eternal Lover
  • Show me your enemies.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2009, 12:32:56 pm »
what's your fave anime? Samurai Champloo, ROD the TV, Gurren Lagann.
how many series have you seen? Several.
how many anime movies? Most Studio Ghibli ones, and the Girl Who Leaped Through Time.
What series would you never watch again? Death Note...if you've seen it once, there's nothing special to it.
what is your favorite anime Genre? Shonen.
Do you prefer Manga to Anime? Somewhat. It's easier to read faster, but animation is better for some.
how much Anime/Manga do you own? I own Gurren Lagann, Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, and Nausicaa.

do you watch Hentai? I've seen it, but, for the most part it's either disgusting (like, half the ones i've seen involve either rape or blackmail), otherwise kinda boring.

Do you like Yaoi? No.
or Yuri? Yes.

Foof

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2009, 08:18:44 am »
What's your fave anime?  Gurren Lagann, Slayers, Master of Mosquiton 1999.
How many series have you seen? Oh man...It's too early in the morning to count that many.  Dozens.
How many anime movies? A couple.  Maybe...7?
What series would you never watch again? Elfen Lied.
What is your favorite anime Genre?  I like Fantasy and comedy.  It all really depends on how well they present it.  If it's Fantasy and has a crummy, predictable script I won't like it.  I like Gurren Lagann because it's unpredictable and powerful.  IT'S MANLY!
Do you prefer Manga to Anime? Depends.  It's easier for me to read, but I do like TV.
How much Anime/Manga do you own? Not much.  Just Gurren Lagann and Scryed.

Do you watch Hentai?  Guilty.

Do you like Yaoi? Yep.
Yuri? Yess'm.

Delfina

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2009, 05:09:05 am »
what's your fave anime? Favorite.. I'd have to say is a close one between Neon Genesis Evangelion or Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagaan.. Very close.

how many series have you seen? ..o_o...i've been watching anime since i was about 8.. i'm 23 now.. so i'd say.. i cant' count that high.

how many anime movies? Again, can't count that high.

What series would you never watch again? I'm very finicky about my animes. if i read the info on it, and watch the 1st 5 episodes and am still not into it.. i don't continue.

what is your favorite anime Genre? i'm unbias about what Genre of anime's i watch. So long as there is a sound story and it looks good i'll watch it. I know what i won't watch.. are the joke of animes w/ the card games or whatever. To which i just consider cartoons, not actual "anime". Avatar the last airbender is more of an "anime" than those POS's. (btw..i love avatar <_<)

how much Anime/Manga do you own? I own very few, but i'll download, rent, and barrow any that i can.

Do you watch Hentai?  yep..got two really good sites to go to.. <_< I don't like animated hentai, i prefer manga.

[/b]Do you like Yaoi?[/b] Yessir
Yuri? Yessum

Jahoda

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2009, 01:48:17 pm »
what's your fave anime? It's a tie between Akagi and Kaiji. *TUMBLEWEED* But also like the occasional Baccano!, Evangelion, and Gurren Lagann.
how many series have you seen? Uh, when I was 13 I watched a lot. Not many that I can recall now though, since I'm not much into animuuu anymore.
how many anime movies? A handful or so.
What series would you never watch again? Elfen Lied or Queen's Blade. Just. No. FFFFF.
what is your favorite anime Genre? I really don't know LOL. I just watch what looks good and keeps my intrest. So it varies?
Do you prefer Manga to Anime? Anime, but either as fine as long as I don't have to pay.  ;D
how much Anime/Manga do you own? UM, NOT THAT MUCH. I recently sold all of my manga except for one yaoi one my friend gave me. Then I own to anime movies and the first DVD for Baccono! . That's it.

do you watch Hentai? No. A lot of it I find boring or just kind of disturbing. Maybe I've just been finding all the wrong ones.

Do you like Yaoi? Yes~
or Yuri? Yes.

Smiles

• Nymphomaniac!!
  • Easter is gonna be great!Heard he will Rise Again!
    • View Profile
    • AnimeCentral
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2009, 12:49:11 am »
what's your fave anime? mine changes with the times really but currently Inuyasha is my fave
how many series have you seen? at least 40 and about 15 of those only partly.
how many anime movies?i can count the amount on my hands.
What series would you never watch again? adn I agree with crystal deathnote twice is too much. the manga is waaay better.
what is your favorite anime Genre? mostly shōjo
Do you prefer Manga to Anime? not always. specially since most manga is different than the anime.
how much Anime/Manga do you own? i currently own Trinity Blood, the first disc of Chronos Crusade, Castle in the Sky, and Howl's Moving Castle in anime; and I own all of DeathNote, vol1 and 2 of The World Exists For Me, and one volume of Yu Yu Hakusho in manga.

do you watch Hentai? gawd no! icky!

Do you like Yaoi? no
or Yuri? no

"I'm not against the fans I'm against the Yaoi!"

how about what anime are yo currently watching?
Just loving it! :-*
let's sit and chat a while and see if I don't make you smile .;)

akashayi

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2009, 12:44:10 pm »
Mostly, I've just been watching K-On right now.

Trombonefellow

• Rose Petal Acolyte
  • Push Ki
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Trombonefellow
    • View Profile
    • Twilight Key
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2009, 09:51:22 pm »
what's your fave anime? Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Outlaw Star, R.O.D. The TV, and Samurai Champloo...they are all tied.  :-*

how many series have you seen? Hmm...pretty much everything on Adult Swim and a few others, can't be more than 15 at my guess.

how many anime movies? Ghost In The Shell Movie, Full Metal Alchemist Movie, R.O.D. Movie, Cowboy Bebop Movie, and the one about the moving castle, and another about the little girl trying to save her parents movie.

What series would you never watch again? None, so far.

what is your favorite anime Genre? Anything with guns, swords, magic, mechas, and boobs obtain my interest easily.

Do you prefer Manga to Anime? Depends on the artwork.

how much Anime/Manga do you own? None...should start a collection or something.

Do you watch Hentai? Eeeeeyep...  8)

Do you like Yaoi? Nah, not into it.
Yuri? Meh, sometimes.
I have a boner...*plays a song*

No.Na.

• Red Light Worker
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Illusionslostone
    • View Profile
    • Deviant art
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2009, 06:50:30 pm »
my anime resume'!

what's your fave anime?
but i can't think of just one. recently tho would be soul eater, and sayonara zestubou sensei. not recently betterman, gatekeepers21, jigoku shoujo seasons 1+2 (lets pretend 3 never happened >.> ) gurren lagann, boogiepop phantom, .hack, Dojin work, and straightjacket.

Um.... I don't know if there is a proper number, more than 50 I'd assume

how many anime movies?
around the same number 50 if not more.

there are a few rumbling hearts comes to mind first and for most, i tried chobbits but It wasn't very funny to me, yu-gi-oh... (shivers), and inuyasha. there is probably more I just have forgotten them

I don't know I like most of them with the exeption of a lot of romantic comedies (there are good ones but a lot i've read i didn't like).

Yes! I can buy more of it and get further in the story+ manga has the charm of having many different styles so i can look at the pretty art.

at least 70 volumes of manga and comics (i read a lot of short ones) and a few discounted box sets of anime I got for cheap Cause I am super poor.

do you watch Hentai?
I'vr seen some but it's not what Im really interested in

Do you like Yaoi?
yes I like yaoi, but i don't like to read overly sexed up yaoi i want a good story

or Yuri?
I reads me some yuri, again same with the yaoi i like a good story.

I've been watching dragonball kai has anyone else been getting into it at all? (dragon ball Z without fillers) the show loses some charm, but the opening is really catchy X)
In the three fates we trust

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • MSN Messenger - charles_wilkinson@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2009, 07:14:58 pm »
what's your fave anime? Series: Planetes, Movie: Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind
how many series have you seen? More than 16
how many anime movies? More than 23
What series would you never watch again? Dragon Ball Z
what is your favorite anime Genre? sci-fi
Do you prefer Manga to Anime? Anime
how much Anime/Manga do you own? 5 series and 3 movies.
do you watch Hentai? Not really. Nothing with a good storyline out there
Do you like Yaoi?  Not really. Nothing with a good storyline out there
or Yuri?  Not really. Nothing with a good storyline out there

Man! I've watched WAY more Anime than I thought.  I kept loosing track of how many series and movies so had to write them down. Even as I finished this sentence I thought of two more and I still think there are others I've probably forgotten to include. I counted any series I'd seen one complete season.

I've seen some Hentai stuff and heck, I probably enjoy it, but in building my lists I noticed that I'd never watched one full movie and possibly not even a full episode of a seried *shrug*  Are there any good ones out there that people would recommend?
CLAN OF THE CATS IS MAKING A COMEBACK! JUNE 8th.  BE THERE!

Kanazaka

• Hot Streaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2009, 03:24:15 pm »
what's your fave anime?  The Dirty Pair
how many series have you seen? Eleven complete series off the top of my head, and parts of several others
how many anime movies? Twenty-nine off the top of my head, but probably more
What series would you never watch again? El Hazard; couldn't get into it
what is your favorite anime Genre? Science Fiction
Do you prefer Manga to Anime? Yes
how much Anime/Manga do you own? Three complete TV series, an OAV series, several movies, some OAVs

do you watch Hentai? Yes, sometimes

Do you like Yaoi? No
or Yuri? On occasion

Razzly

• Erotic
  • Contrast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2009, 02:46:20 am »
what's your fave anime?
- Movie or series? Well, I think Fullmetal Alchemist (the old series) is absolutely amazing, same goes for Neon Genesis Evangelion. As for movies, I like Miyazaki's stuff.

-Way too many to count.

how many anime movies?
-Too many to count.

-Elfen lied and Higurashi no naku koro ni. Those were disgusting. I don't understand the appeal at all.

-I like adventure/drama. Fma/D.Gray-man style... But not too shounen. Fights that last five episodes are too much.

-Mm, it depends on the series. The manga is often better than the anime, in my opinion, but I've seen cases where the anime beats the crap out of the manga.

-I've sold almost all of my manga, as my interest in it cooled down... But I've got maybe around 30 manga books, one complete anime series and a couple of movies.

do you watch Hentai?
- ...Yes. >.>

Do you like Yaoi?

-I used to, like any horny teenage girl. However, I got pissed off at the way these rabid yaoi-fans ruined all of my favourite animes/games by pairing the males together and lost interest in it. (Riku/sora, cloud/sephiroth, axel/roxas etc etc etc. )

or Yuri?
-Never seen a good yuri series, so no.
Winner of Brion Foulke's "cute little panda"-award.
"Mutta rukous on vain mutina tuulessa, ei sitä kukaan kuule..."

akashayi

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2009, 03:13:32 pm »
By the way, did anyone see the clip of Conan O' Brien dubbing anime? Hilarious:
http://anime-gen.com/conan-obrien-dubs-anime/

Kanazaka

• Hot Streaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2009, 03:44:44 pm »
Yep, I saw it the first time it was broadcast on TV  ;D.  The booblehead (or whatever you want to call the figurine with the bouncing boobs) was very clever.  I thought that the timing and line delivery was excellent, especially during the completely improvised bit, and I liked that they dubbed a serious anime (Ghost in the Shell) instead of a funny one; it made the dubbing even funnier.

CrystalDragonSpaceMarine

• Eternal Lover
  • Show me your enemies.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2009, 03:56:56 pm »
I have a wallet!

dg86

• Slave Groupie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2009, 12:23:20 am »

what's your fave anime?
how many anime movies?

do you watch Hentai?

Do you like Yaoi?
or Yuri?

Fav: Outlaw Star
Series: Never bothered to count.  Quite a few Gundams (G, Wing, SEED/Destiny, 00), DBZ, Naruto before it turned into a DBZ knockoff, Trigun, Inuyasha before that got boring.  Perhaps a few more that I don't remember.
Anime movies: spirited away, DBZ tree of might.
Never again: Honestly, almost everything.  Seen it once, what's the point to go back and rewatch it?
Genre: Space Western.  Trigun/Outlaw Star/Cowboy Bebop.  Surprisingly, there are very few SW anime made, but the ones that are happen to be AMAZING.
Manga: no, definitely prefer anime.  Why?  Because you can make sense of what happens in anime.  In manga, you see stuff like SFX: blast, and BAROOM or some other crap like that across the page while trying to make heads and tails of everything happening on one page, which really slows the pace down.  Whereas in anime, you sit back and watch.
Manga/anime own: none.  Download only.

Hentai: saw like one minute of one, and nearly hurled.  That shit is just disgusting.

Yaoi: UGH NO.  BRAIN BLEACH NAO PLZ KTHX.
Yuri: Absolutely, so long as it's not teen/loli.  After all, girl on girl is hot.

xain

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2009, 01:48:55 pm »
what's your fave anime?
 Baccano, Higurashi no naku koro ni, Cowboy bebop

Plently

how many anime movies?
 I think about 15 but i'm sure i'm missing some

School Days

don't really have one

If its a series that never seems to end (e.g. naruto) I prefer manga

Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Trinity Blood, and some of FMA

do you watch Hentai?
yup

Do you like Yaoi?
hell no

or Yuri?
sometimes

Kanazaka

• Hot Streaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2009, 09:08:31 am »
*Revives thread*

Just finished watching Girls Bravo, and it was a fairly good series.  The dialogue wasn't all that great, and the plots were sometimes stilted, but there were many excellent moments and I liked all of the characters (some more than most, of course).  I'm also through five volumes of Noir, and it finally looks like some questions are being answered (though some mysteries remain).

No.Na.

• Red Light Worker
    • View Profile
    • Deviant art
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2009, 01:11:30 pm »
I've been really interested in reading noir what is it about?

and for anyone who cares to know DBZkai is on episode 33 and captain ginyu is about to body switch!!

i also started watching 07 ghosts which is good so far. it is about a boy and his friend who join a military group of magicians or psychics, and find out there leader killed his father, when he was young so he attacks the leader and become exiled.

akashayi

« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2009, 01:16:56 pm »
Noir is basically about Lesbian Hitgirls. :P (oh, and Yuki Kajiura did the music, so the music is fantastic.)

... I've been following the next season of Darker than Black lately, good stuff. (and Kimi ni Todoke)

Kanazaka

• Hot Streaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2009, 04:49:40 pm »
Yes, akashayi is kidding about the lesbian part, unless there's some hot lesbian sex in the final two DVD volumes  :D (I'm watching the anime; I don't know whether or not there's a manga).  But yeah, it's about two young hitwomen (one Corsican, one Japanese) who find out that they're connected to ancient, shadowy organization called the Soldats.  They spend most of the series finding out how they're connected, killing people along the way.

I've just started watching the first season of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, and it's very good.  I'm watching it in the order presented on the DVDs, so I'm through "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Part 3".

CrystalDragonSpaceMarine

• Eternal Lover
  • Show me your enemies.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2009, 04:59:59 pm »
Haruhi is a good one.

I've been watching Slayers as of late.

No.Na.

• Red Light Worker
    • View Profile
    • Deviant art
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2009, 10:25:48 pm »
I should watch both of those. i always forget to watch anime i have. i still haven't seen haruhi even tho i have it XD. I just bought nana 17, dogs vol 0 and 1, and i am borrowing birdy the mighty from someone.

Kanazaka

• Hot Streaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2009, 12:48:11 pm »
I've finished watching Haruhi, and I enjoyed most of it.  "Mysterique Signs" was okay, and "The Boredom of Haruhi Suzumiya" was very funny but not as deep as I had hoped (considering "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Part 6", which I watched previous to that).  The rest of the season is excellent.  I'm currently rewatching Cowboy Bebop, but this time dubbed, which isn't too bad.

charles

• Harem Master
  • LAWNMOWER MASACRE
    • MSN Messenger - charles_wilkinson@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • google profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2009, 03:13:01 pm »
I must confess. They do a pretty good job of dubbing now-a-days.  It used to be total crap but IMHO the organisations responsible for it now are putting in the good effort and research behind what actually happens and is happening in the story to work out what needs to be translated.

Direct, blind Japanese to English can loose some of the significance of certain situations and terms.  The dubbers today have realised this and now go to the effort of completely changing some parts of the scripts to better relay the story to the listener.
CLAN OF THE CATS IS MAKING A COMEBACK! JUNE 8th.  BE THERE!

Stardreamer

« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2010, 05:30:27 pm »
what's your fave anime? Naruto, One Piece, Evangelion, Sayuki, Saint Seya, Trigun
how many series have you seen? 6/7
how many anime movies? I hate them xD (when I was 15 I've passed 2 weeks waiting for the first Inuyasha moovie and it has been a total delusion  :'()
What series would you never watch again? Dragon Ball

do you watch Hentai? sometimes  :P

Do you like Yaoi? nope
or Yuri? nope

DruffyB

« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2010, 01:51:07 pm »
what's your fave anime?
Ghost in the shell, Akira, Black Lagoon, Ninja scrolls, Cowboy Bebop
Quite a lot...
how many anime movies?
A lot....
Naruto
Sci-fi, fantasy, comedy, Seinen
Anime definately
Lost count

do you watch Hentai?
Yes I find it funny
Do you like Yaoi?
Why not?
or Yuri?
Love it

Kanazaka

• Hot Streaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2010, 08:28:12 am »
Ah, it's been too long since I've been here, and I've seen so much anime.  I've finished Noir, as well as Scrapped Princess (both very good series, but the latter is more entertaining) and I'm most of the way through Excel Saga (which I'll try to finish over my winter break).  I'm currenly watching the first season of Yu Yu Hakusho, which is a fun series.  Not great, but nice drama at certain points.