Author Topic: Chapter 34: Discussion  (Read 35029 times)

SAGG

• Red Light Worker
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter 34: Discussion
« Reply #90 on: October 08, 2012, 02:21:06 pm »
Oh crap. She means BUSINESS...  :o

Kiran

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 08, 2012, 11:55:31 pm »
So by puting that dark cell into Suspiria brain, they completely changed her into total justice freak?
She really sounds that soon she will judge other cause they have inproper hair styles...
I really wonder how much the person subconcious desires play the role in this change, remembering that that friend/ex of Bern was turned into a men killing machine, and that Bloody Mary turned into human eating monster...
So May who by default doesn't feel any emotions should be the best candidate for a full successful merge.

Azure Priest

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 09, 2012, 06:04:02 am »
So by puting that dark cell into Suspiria brain, they completely changed her into total justice freak?
She really sounds that soon she will judge other cause they have inproper hair styles...
I really wonder how much the person subconcious desires play the role in this change, remembering that that friend/ex of Bern was turned into a men killing machine, and that Bloody Mary turned into human eating monster...
So May who by default doesn't feel any emotions should be the best candidate for a full successful merge.
Or the WORST candidate. People who "feel no emotion" usually have the deepest subconscious secrets and terrors. People can be tortured until they "feel nothing" but no one has ever successfully removed "anger" from the human psyche without killing the person.

gyoza

• Tender Young Virgin
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 09, 2012, 09:10:17 am »
Also, I don't think 'dark cell' has anything directly to do with the Thin Man's test subjects. Can't find the reference, but I believe all we know about 'dark cell' is that the Thin Man is looking for someone who is able to ENTER it - and we don't know what dark cell is. I don't think dark cell is behind the transformations of Clairen or Bloody Mary or Suspiria... or even that a remotely similar process was used. IIRC Clairen got her powers from an enchanted tattoo, while Bloody Mary was essentially cut into pieces and reassembled - neither of which was done to Suspiria. If I'm missing something out then feel free to correct me :)

Azure Priest

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 10, 2012, 05:45:01 am »
Holy gehosephat! Suspira believes the conclave murdered her parents?! :o

I HOPE that it's a "look at me, I'm a 4th level sorcerer" delusion implanted in her by "Melter" along with "I've always had a scar on my head."

Because if they really murdered her parents, the Conclave are really due a serious beat down.

Edit: Oh Suspira, sweetie. That's not your intellect going up, that's your ego. Even IF you got a serious power upgrade, the conclave outnumbers you, is older and wiser than you, and has butloads more field, combat, and research experience than you. The "I'm a supergenius, Suspira Smash" strategy you've got going right now, isn't going to work very well for you. In fact, the only reason it worked so well on those girls who bullied you is that you took them by surprise. The conclave got their testimony, and they know what to expect.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 05:22:55 am by Azure Priest »

Stargoat

• Hot Streaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 12, 2012, 07:15:34 am »
So cute!!

Poor Suspira.  I hope someone helps her.

9_6

« Reply #96 on: October 13, 2012, 08:01:11 am »
This calls for explosions! And boobs.
Exploding boob lazers!

SparcMan

• Slave Groupie
    • View Profile
    • SparcMan's World
    • Email
« Reply #97 on: October 14, 2012, 09:38:37 am »
This calls for explosions! And boobs.
Exploding boob lazers!

Seconded!

Well, at least we know that there's still something of original Suspira in there.
If Crest is able to help her get "cured" that's going to earn him some serious nookie-points!

Azure Priest

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 15, 2012, 05:35:35 am »
Crest, Suspira gave you sage advice. Follow it. Stay the heck away from her for a little while. You can't stop her, and if you get caught between her and the conclave, you won't live long enough to regret it.

Andrea

• Rose Petal Acolyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 15, 2012, 09:01:42 am »
I think Brion will solwly move the characters on the Tin Man side. They will be all devils like with some kind of power but fighting for the greater good.

Stargoat

• Hot Streaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 17, 2012, 04:39:15 am »
It's hero time, Chrest.  What are you going to do?

Azure Priest

• Cage Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 17, 2012, 05:16:24 am »
Crest doesn't look entirely convinced in the last panel. Can't say I blame him. He's actually outsmarted Suspira several times, even if she IS a certified super-genius.

What's Crest going to do? RUN! If he knows what's good for him.

Edit: I think he's dead, Bren.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 08:46:53 am by Azure Priest »

Tyris

• Slave Groupie
  • U Hrair
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - tyris_stark
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #102 on: November 09, 2012, 11:36:59 pm »
In the absence of a Chapter 35 thread, we'll just lay this here:

Stick the extortionist with a sword! It's the only way he'll learn!
You can't look dignified when you're having fun.

Sol

• Tender Young Virgin
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 11, 2012, 02:15:34 pm »
Stick the extortionist with a sword! It's the only way he'll learn!
Should work if Burn doesn't do too much damage, as then he'll need a healer too and she can just follow the blood trail.

Edit: trimmed the quote.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 02:18:14 pm by Sol »

Stargoat

• Hot Streaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 12, 2012, 03:06:27 pm »
Hmmm.  No altruism at all.  Interesting.  Bern will necessarily need to pay or break out the old stabby-stabby.  I doubt she does that.   This could get naughty.  Women can always make money when necessary; it is their birthright after all.

Brion Foulke

• Administrator
  • Experimental
    • AOL Instant Messenger - flipsider99
    • View Profile
    • www.flipsidecomics.com
    • Email
« Reply #105 on: November 12, 2012, 03:10:18 pm »
Oops, sorry... I thought I put up a chapter 35 thread but I guess I didn't...

RoninAngel

• Eternal Lover
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #106 on: December 31, 2012, 01:11:22 pm »
Thank you for such an entertaining storyline lately.
Of course I am not thrilled about what happened to Maytag back in November.
But I really like how this conversation that Bernadette is having with the crazy people of this town really cuts to the key problems with Libertarianism (which intentionally by the author, or not, the characters that live here in this crazy town bare stark similarities to the most extreme version of that philosophy).
What, exactly, is too much freedom?
Why should we try take care of others when they don't want to take care of themselves?
Good stuff. :)
I got 99 problems but a nymphomaniac jester girl ain't one.

RoninAngel

• Eternal Lover
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #107 on: January 11, 2013, 07:28:49 pm »
This latest strip is so true to life! Try to fix society or even stand up to it's abuses and you'll end up running afoul of the law. The only time you are allowed to break the law is when you are the law. And the law is only in place to perpetuate the abuses of society.
I got 99 problems but a nymphomaniac jester girl ain't one.